CHILEAN PEBRE RECIPE
This quintessential Chilean salsa packs a ton of flavor. Spread Chilean Pebre on bread or use it to accompany grilled meats, chicken, or fish.
Provided by Authentic Food Quest
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Peel tomatoes and chop them finely.
- To peel tomatoes, cut an "x" on the top of the tomato (opposite the core). Place in boiling water for 25 - 45 seconds or until the skin starts to loosen up. Remove the tomatoes using a slotted spoon and plunge them into cold water. Once cool to the touch, remove the skin using a paring knife and chop.
- Remove the seeds and chop up the pepper
- Chop the onion and cilantro
- Place all of the chopped ingredients in a bowl
- Add mashed or chopped up garlic
- Finally, add the mixture of Chilean olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste
- The chancho en piedra and pebre are typically served in traditional clay bowls
- Serve at room temperature and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 91 calories, Carbohydrate 7 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 0 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 7 grams fat, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 153 milligrams sodium, Sugar 4 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams unsaturated fat
- Combine cilantro, olive oil, red wine vinegar, tomato, onion, lemon juice, chile peppers, tomato, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl; stir to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 106.2 calories, Carbohydrate 7.2 g, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 31.5 mg, Sugar 2 g
CHILEAN PEBRE SAUCE
Pebre is a Chilean salsa and is most commonly used on bread. It is also used on meats or anything else you desire. My favorite way to use it is on barbecued tri-tip. You can vary the ingredients to suit your taste.
Provided by bd.weld
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic, red wine vinegar, chile-garlic sauce, olive oil, and garlic salt in a food processor or blender; process to the desired consistency. Refrigerate for 2 hours to let the flavors blend.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 22.6 calories, Carbohydrate 3.3 g, Fat 0.9 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 0.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 306.7 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
CHILEAN SALSA FOR BBQ: PEBRE
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Best if the salsa is made the same day it will be served.
PEPPER SAUCE FOR CHACARERO'S (PEBRE-CHILEAN NAME)
- Cube the onion in small cubes Then add, sugar or salt or hot water and rinse, this is to neutralize the flavor of the onion (a trick often done in Caribean cooking i've found).
- Chop the cilantro and mix with the onion.
- Add: hot pepper paste, minced garlic, olive oil, vinegar, lime, water and salt to taste.
- Mix well and let stand.
- Serve on bread (Chacarero's sandwhich i posted) or on top of grilled meats.
CHILEAN HOT SAUCE (PEBRE)
Posted for ZWT7- Central and South America. I found this on alleasyrecipes.com. Note: Cook time is standing time.
Provided by CJAY8248
Yield 1 3/4 cups, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oil, vinegar and water, and beat them together with a whisk or fork.
- Stir in the cilantro, onions, chili paste (or chopped fresh chili), garlic and salt, and taste for seasonings.
- Let the sauce stand at room temperature for 2 or 3 hours to develop its flavor before serving.
- Pebre is a traditional accompaniment for meats.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 46.1, Fat 4.5, SaturatedFat 0.6, Sodium 195.8, Carbohydrate 1.3, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.6, Protein 0.2
More about "chilean pebre sauce recipes"
CHILEAN PEBRE SAUCE - PEPPERSCALE
5/5 (3)Total Time 15 minsServings 4Calories 27 per serving
PEBRE SAUCE - PILAR'S CHILEAN FOOD & GARDEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 23 per serving
CHILE PEBRE- A TRADITIONAL CHILEAN SALSA - INTERNATIONAL …
PEBRE (CHILEAN CHILI SALSA) RECIPE — LA FUJI MAMA
PEBRE RECIPE - AUTHENTIC CHILEAN SALSA - BACON IS MAGIC
20 OF THE MOST AMAZING CHILEAN PEBRE SAUCE RECIPES
- Chilean Pebre Sauce Recipe by All Recipes. Pebre is most commonly served with bread as a starting dish before the main meal. However, it can also be used on various meats, and will always be a fan favorite at a barbecue.
- Chilean Pebre by Authentic Food Quest. Cilantro is the common ingredient in pebre, but the others are often swapped and changed for ingredients that you fancy.
- Pebre Sauce by Pilar’s Chilean Food & Garden. This bright and colorful sauce is full of flavorful ingredients such as onion, tomatoes, and cilantro. These are then dressed with a mixture of red wine vinegar, oil, and red chile sauce such as tabasco.
- Pebre by Chili Pepper Madness. What could be better than a vibrant green sauce to add a burst of flavor to all of your meals? This recipe leaves out the tomatoes that are often commonly used in pebre recipes, although it does add in peppers.
- Chilean Pebre Sauce by Pepper Scale. This recipe gets its heat from jalapeno peppers, so it is hot enough to tingle your taste buds while not enough to put people off their meals.
- Authentic Chilean Salsa by Bacon is Magic. This Chilean salsa has a thinner consistency than many of the other recipes that I have looked at today, making it an ideal dipping sauce for bread and tortilla chips or a glaze for meats.
- Chilean Salsa Pebre by Food Network. An easy sauce that you can whip up in just 15 minutes, this pebre recipe is perfect for summer barbecues and other gatherings.
- Spicy Chilean Pebre by Cheap Recipe Blog. Another vibrantly green pebre recipe, this one is not only easy to make but also incredibly cheap! You’ll be using cilantro and jalapeno peppers to get such a bright color, and there are no other vegetables used.
- Pebre Sauce Recipe by Que Rica Vida. This chunky and wet pebre sauce is so divine that you’ll never want to use another sauce again. It’s another mainly green sauce, but there are tomatoes in this recipe.
- Chilean Chili Pepper Salsa Pebre by The Spruce Eats. Pebre doesn’t traditionally have a brown color, but that doesn’t take away from the amazing burst of flavors from this recipe.
30 BEST CHILEAN RECIPES USING TRADITIONAL FOOD FROM CHILE
"CHILEAN PEPPER SAUCE RECIPE" "PEBRE" "SAUCES RECIPES" - YOUTUBE
CHIMICHURRI SAUCE - PILAR'S CHILEAN FOOD & GARDEN
END OF SUMMER GRILL WITH CHILEAN PEBRE & YOGHURT SAUCES
RECIPE: CHILEAN PEPPER SAUCE (PEBRE) - RECIPELINK.COM
PEBRE (CHILEAN SALSA) - RED STICK SPICE COMPANY
PEBRE SAUCE RECIPE – FUSION CRAFTINESS
CHILEAN PEBRE SAUCE | RECIPE | PEBRE, SAUCE, CHILEAN RECIPES
GRILLED CHILEAN CHICKEN WITH PEBRE SAUCE - HONEST COOKING
PEBRE (CHILEAN SALSA) RECIPE - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
CHILEAN CHILI PEPPER SALSA PEBRE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHILEAN SALSA: PEBRE RECIPE - PEPE'S CHILE
PEBRE - TRADITIONAL CHILEAN SPICY CONDIMENT RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
PEBRE RECIPE (SPICY CHILEAN SALSA) - THRIFT AND SPICE
CHILEAN PEBRE RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
PEBRE SAUCE RECIPE - QUERICAVIDA.COM
CHILEAN PEBRE SAUCE | RECIPESTY
CHILEAN PEBRE SAUCE [VIDEO] | CHILEAN RECIPES, RECIPES, STUFFED …
CHILEAN PEBRE SAUCE – MY GUT INSTINCT
CHILEAN SALSA | RECIPES | SBS FOOD
CHILEAN SOPAIPILLAS WITH PEBRE • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
CHURRASCO & PEBRE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PEBRE SAUCE — OFRECIPES
CLASSIC CHILEAN PEBRE - DHERBS.COM - RECIPES
SPICY CHILEAN PEBRE RECIPE – CHEAP RECIPE BLOG
CHILEAN PEBRE SAUCE RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS - YOUTUBE
PEBRE RECIPE (CHILEAN CILANTRO SAUCE FOR GRILLED MEATS) | WHATS4EATS
PEBRE ~ CILANTRO STARS IN CHILEAN CLASSIC RECIPE - STUDIO BOTANICA
CHILEAN TOMATO AND PEPPER SAUCE (PEBRE) | SAVEUR
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
PEBRE (CHILEAN CILANTRO SAUCE) RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BISON EMPANADAS WITH CHILEAN PEBRE - BENJAMIN LEE BISON
PEBRE (CHILEAN HOT SAUCE) - BIGOVEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make pebre sauce?How to Make Pebre Sauce – the Recipe Method. First, finely chop up your aji peppers, onion, garlic and cilantro. Add the ingredients to a food processor along with vinegar, oil, and a few dashes of salt and pepper. Process it to a consistency you prefer. You can always splash in a bit of cold water to thin it out if you’d like.
What is Chile pebre and how to use it?Chile Pebre is a traditional Chilean salsa. Chile Pebre is found on nearly every table all over the country. This is usually spread on toasted bread, on humitas, salads, you name it. A little dish always there to put it on whatever suits your fancy.
How spicy is pebre?I ADORE the arbol de tomate or tree tomato hot sauce in Ecuador. Like most Chilean food, pebre is not very spicy. A good pebre recipe uses a cilantro and a little bit of chile. I actually like to add a little bit of Chilean hot sauce on top of my pebre. If you want to make this pebre recipe spicy use this guide to the Scoville scale.
Can you make pebre peppers at home?Here's an easy pebre recipe to make at home. Combine together and let sit for at least four hours. Taste to see if it needs more spice, red wine vinegar or salt. Although this recipe in Chile uses aji. I find it is VERY difficult to find South American peppers in Canada and the United States.