CHOCOLATE EGGNOG SWIRL PIE
Our apartment complex issues a monthly "newsletter". This was in the February issue. NOTE: Cooking time includes chilling time.
Provided by Nana Lee
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Press mixture into 9" pie plate, or 10" pie plate to form crust.
- Bake in 350 F oven for 12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- In small bowl, stir gelatin into the cold water and set aside.
- In medium saucepan, mix the sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in eggnog.
- Cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Divide mixture into 2 equal parts; stirring chocolate into one part and rum (extract) into the other.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap and cool completely.
- Fold whipped cream into the rum portion.
- Spoon the rum flavored portion into the cooled pie crust.
- Top this with the chocolate mixture and gently swirl the chocolate portion into the white portion.
- Chill at least 4 hours or until firm.
CHOCOLATE EGGNOG PIE
Reduced-fat eggnog makes for a creamy pie that's spiced just right-and a light treat to top off a holiday meal. Guests will have a hard time eating just one slice! -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix flour, walnuts, brown sugar and cocoa; stir in butter. Lightly coat hands with cooking spray; press mixture into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack., For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in eggnog. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat., In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water; let stand 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir and let stand 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir into eggnog mixture., Divide mixture in half. In a small bowl, whisk cocoa and remaining water until blended; stir into half of the eggnog mixture. Stir rum extract into the remaining half. Refrigerate both mixtures, covered, until partially set., Fold 2 cups whipped topping into rum-flavored portion; spoon into crust. Gently spread chocolate portion over top. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving. If desired, top with additional whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259 calories, Fat 10g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 90mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
CHOCOLATE EGGNOG PIE
- Combine water and gelatin in a bowl.
- Whisk white sugar, cornstarch, and salt together in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Gradually add eggnog to sugar mixture, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until eggnog mixture is thickened, 3 to 4 minutes; continue to cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Stir gelatin mixture into eggnog mixture until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in rum extract. Chill eggnog mixture in the refrigerator until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Beat 1 cup cream in a cold glass or metal bowl until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the cream will form sharp peaks. Fold whipped cream into chilled eggnog mixture; pour mixture into prepared cookie crust. Chill pie in the refrigerator until set, at least 1 hour.
- Beat cream in a cold glass or metal bowl. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, continuing to beat until soft peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the cream will form soft mounds rather than a sharp peak. Spread cream atop the chilled pie. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490.7 calories, Carbohydrate 39.5 g, Cholesterol 119.3 mg, Fat 35.4 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 18.4 g, Sodium 391.7 mg, Sugar 23.7 g
More about "chocolate eggnog swirl pie recipes"
CHOCOLATE EGGNOG SWIRL PIE | MIDWEST LIVING
Total Time 1 hr 7 mins
- For crust, in a mixing bowl, combine the flour, nuts, brown sugar and grated chocolate. Add melted butter and mix well. Press mixture into a deep-dish, 9-inch pie plate, or 10-inch pie plate to form a crust.
- In a medium saucepan, mix the granulated sugar, and cornstarch. Stir in eggnog. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
CHOCOLATE EGGNOG SWIRL PIE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4/5 (15)Total Time 6 hrs 37 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, nuts, brown sugar, and grated chocolate. Stir in melted butter. Press mixture onto the bottom and up the side of a deep-dish 9- or 10-inch pie pan or plate. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, stir gelatin into the cold water; set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine granulated sugar and cornstarch. Stir in eggnog. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved.
CHOCOLATE EGGNOG PIE - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (10)Category Dessert, PieCuisine American
- On the stovetop in a heavy bottomed saucepan heat together the eggnog and 2 Tbsp butter. Cook on medium-high until the butter has melted, whisking constantly. Whisk the sugar-egg mixture into the eggnog.
- Continue to cook whisking constantly over medium until thickened. Simmer for 1 minute then remove from the heat. Add the vanilla. Set aside.
CHOCOLATE SWIRL EGGNOG PIE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
1/5 Calories 3432 per serving
CHOCOLATE EGGNOG CREAM PIE - THE ITSY-BITSY KITCHEN
Reviews 66Category DessertServings 8Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SIMPLE PIE CRUST RECIPE FOR PUMPKIN PIE / OLD FASHIONED ...
EGGNOG CREAM PIE - A BAJILLIAN RECIPES
CHOCOLATE EGGNOG SWIRL PIE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE EGGNOG SWIRL PIE | HOLIDAY PIES RECIPES, HOLIDAY ...
CHOCOLATE EGGNOG PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ON MY OWN: CHOCOLATE-EGGNOG SWIRL PIE
CHOCOLATE-SWIRL EGGNOG PIE | RECIPE | EGGNOG PIE ...
CHOCOLATE-SWIRL EGGNOG PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE ...
CHOCOLATE SWIRL EGGNOG PIE - TFRECIPES.COM
CHOCOLATE EGGNOG SWIRL PIE - TFRECIPES.COM
CHOCOLATE EGGNOG SWIRL PIE - PINTEREST
CHOCOLATE EGGNOG SWIRL PIE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE-SWIRL EGGNOG PIE RECIPE
#course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #pies-and-tarts #desserts #eggs-dairy #american #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #holiday-event #kid-friendly #kosher #pies #chocolate #dietary #gifts #christmas #low-sodium #valentines-day #toddler-friendly #low-in-something
You'll also love