- Heat oil in large, nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion, red pepper, and garlic until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Season with cumin, coriander, and curry powder. Cook for 1 more minute. Stir in coconut milk, sugar, and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, and increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir until shrimp is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. Stir into shrimp mixture, and cook until sauce has thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in cilantro, and remove from heat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190.8 calories, Carbohydrate 8.5 g, Cholesterol 172.5 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 175.1 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY
- In a small bowl toss the shrimp with the marinade ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, heat the oil in a medium size skillet. To it add the onion, and cook for 2 or 3 minutes until the onion softens and becomes translucent. Stir in the garlic, ginger, pepper, salt, coriander, turmeric and curry powder. Cook for another minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes with juices and all, the coconut milk, stir and bring to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the shrimp with the accumulated juices from the marinade and cook for another 2 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish with cilantro or parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 258 kcal, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 3 g, Fat 24 g, SaturatedFat 21 g, Sodium 598 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving, UnsaturatedFat 2 g
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP
- Heat the butter in a large skillet (I used nonstick) over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, turning them over halfway through, until fully cooked, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the garlic and onions to the skillet and stir to cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle the curry powder over the onions and continue cooking, stirring, for another couple of minutes. Reduce the heat to medium low and pour in the coconut milk, stirring to combine. Add the honey, salt and lime juice, and allow the sauce to heat up until bubbling gently. Add the shrimp to the sauce, tossing to coat, and allow it to simmer until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Taste the sauce and add more salt, lime juice or honey, depending on your taste. Stir in the basil. (Add hot sauce if you want a little kick.)
- Serve the shrimp and sauce over a bed of cooked basmati rice, garnishing with more basil. Delicious!
- Combine salt, black pepper, and red pepper in a large bowl. Add water to make a fine paste. Add shrimp and toss, making sure shrimp are well coated. Refrigerate while making the sauce.
- Combine water and coconut in a microwave-safe bowl and cook in the microwave oven for 1 hour. Strain and reserve water; discard coconut. Set coconut water aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add curry leaf and chile peppers. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add onion and cook until browned, adding water as needed to prevent sticking, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add ginger paste and garlic paste and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add coriander, sambar powder, and turmeric and stir for 1 minute. Add reserved coconut water and marinated shrimp. Cook until shrimp are curled and opaque, adding more water as needed, about 5 minutes more. Season with black pepper and salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 418.2 calories, Carbohydrate 17.5 g, Cholesterol 172.6 mg, Fat 30.1 g, Fiber 6.3 g, Protein 22.2 g, SaturatedFat 15.8 g, Sodium 610.9 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: coconut oil, Gourmet Garden Garlic Stir-In Paste, Gourmet Garden Ginger Stir-In Paste, red curry paste, unsweetened coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, yellow onion, red bell pepper, zucchini, shrimp, Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Cilantro, Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Basil, rice
Provided by Gourmet Garden
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Melt coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add Gourmet Garden Garlic Stir-In Paste and Gourmet Garden Ginger Stir-In Paste. Stir and let sizzle for a minute. Add red curry paste. Stir and let sizzle for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Stir in coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar. Bring to a very light simmer. Let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add red bell pepper and cook for another 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook for 5 more minutes or until tender. (If liquid doesn't slightly submerge vegetables, cover with a lid while cooking.)
- Add shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes, just until cooked through and no longer translucent.
- Stir in Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Cilantro and Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Basil. Serve with rice and garnish each plate with a little more cilantro and basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 194 calories, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 3 grams
COCONUT-CURRY SHRIMP APPETIZERS
Make restaurant-style Coconut-Curry Shrimp Appetizers at home! Our coconut-curry shrimp recipe is easy to make with frozen shrimp, flaked coconut and more.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine coconut, coating mix and seasonings in shallow bowl. Beat egg in separate shallow bowl.
- Dip shrimp in egg, then roll in coconut mixture until evenly coated on all sides.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until shrimp are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Fat 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Sodium 640 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Fiber 0.8278 g, Sugar 3 g, Protein 10 g
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP
Here's a shrimp dish with sweet coconut milk, complemented by the spiciness of curry. Jasmine rice makes a fragrant bed for the sumptuous stir-fry. -Cindy Romberg, Mississauga, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 2 tablespoons coconut milk mixture until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm., Add the red pepper, onions and remaining coconut milk mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add shrimp and cilantro; heat through. Serve with rice and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256 calories, Fat 13g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 184mg cholesterol, Sodium 841mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 27g protein.
COCONUT-CURRY SHRIMP AND COUSCOUS
Whipping up this Thai-inspired curry is faster than waiting for takeout. The secret? Teaming quick-cooking ingredients including fresh shrimp, frozen peas, and couscous with the flavor bomb that is red curry paste.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high; swirl in oil. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in curry paste and cook 30 seconds. Stir in coconut milk, 1 cup water, and another 1/2 teaspoon salt. Squeeze tomatoes' juices into curry mixture, then drop in tomatoes and boil 3 minutes. Stir in couscous and peas. Scatter shrimp on top, in a single layer; return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until shrimp are opaque and just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve, with basil scattered on top and drizzled with oil.
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP
- Lightly season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat the oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Using a small strainer, sift the curry powder into the hot oil and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the onion and sauté until the onions are browned, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, bell pepper, garlic and jerk seasoning. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Add the shrimp. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the bell peppers are tender and the shrimp is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve over rice.
SHRIMP IN COCONUT CURRY
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger, and saute until translucent.
- Add coconut milk, and simmer until reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Add shrimp and chile pepper, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is fully cooked, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
CREAMY COCONUT CURRY WITH SHRIMP
My mother gave this recipe to me and it is great for an impressive dinner party. Fresh shrimp in a wonderful creamy coconut curry sauce served over rice. Top with chopped green onion, minced red bell pepper, chopped roasted peanuts, or toasted flaked coconut, if you like.
Provided by Lori Lyn
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and saute until they just turn pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and bell pepper to the skillet and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Whisk in flour, curry powder, pepper, and salt. Cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth and coconut milk; continue cooking over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in cooked shrimp and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until shrimp are thoroughly heated. Serve curry immediately over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386.5 calories, Carbohydrate 35.7 g, Cholesterol 181.7 mg, Fat 16.7 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 23.7 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 594.6 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
THAI CURRY WITH SHRIMP & COCONUT
Thai and Vietnamese restaurants serve curried shrimp. I enjoy it so much that I decided to try my hand at making it at home. What a success! Everyone who tried my version asks for the recipe. -Ninette Holbrook, Orlando, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a small saucepan, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally; remove from heat., In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until onion is golden brown. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan., In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink., Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add onion and sauce mixtures; heat through, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice; sprinkle with peanuts and coconut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 731 calories, Fat 49g fat (21g saturated fat), Cholesterol 138mg cholesterol, Sodium 1399mg sodium, Carbohydrate 47g carbohydrate (34g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 32g protein.
CURRIED COUSCOUS WITH SHRIMP
This also works with substituting sunflower seeds for the pine nuts. I've also tried adding a can of sliced water chestnuts. We like it a little on the spicy side, so you may want to cut back on the curry and red pepper a little if you want it mild.
Provided by brianh_ssllc
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Cook shallot and pine nuts over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until shallot is tender and pine nuts lightly browned.
- Add shrimp, vegetables, curry powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a gentle boil and stir in couscous.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419.6, Fat 8.8, SaturatedFat 1.3, Cholesterol 220.9, Sodium 1022.6, Carbohydrate 47.1, Fiber 6, Sugar 5.1, Protein 36.3
COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY
From "Faster, I'm Starving; 100 Dishes in 25 Minutes or Less" by Kevin and Nancy Mills. This is a new cookbook I found at my library and I wanted to post this before I return the book. This recipe calls for 1 lb. cooked or raw shrimp. Note: sweetened coconut is found near the chocolate chips at the market in the baking isle and unsweetened coconut may be available in the Asian food isle, either works with this recipe.
Provided by Oolala
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Peel the onion and cut into 1/2" pieces. Put oil in a wok or large frying pan and begin heating over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or umtil the onion begins to soften.
- Add the garlic, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, chili powder, ginger, salt and black pepper and stir until the spices have dissolved. Add the water, tomato sauce and coconut and bring to a boil. Turn down to medium heat and cook, covered, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp. If the shrimp are uncooked, cook about 3 minutes, or until they are pink and just begin to curl. Then add the sour cream. If the shrimp are cooked, add them and quickly stir in the sour cream. Continue to heat until hot.
- Serve immediately or set aside until ready to eat and then reheat breifly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341.9, Fat 18.2, SaturatedFat 8.5, Cholesterol 179.1, Sodium 820.6, Carbohydrate 20.2, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 12.1, Protein 25.6
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE BY TASTY
The next time you want to impress your date, try this simple yet elegant shrimp curry. It's creamy and tangy, with the perfect hint of spice.
Provided by Matt Ciampa
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until starting to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and the red and green bell peppers. Cook until slightly softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, lemon juice, pepper, salt, sugar, curry powder, and maggi and mix well. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, until the flavors start to meld together.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes, until pink and opaque.
- Serve the curry with brown rice and garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 552 calories, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 50 grams, Sugar 9 grams
More about "coconut curry shrimp and couscous recipes"
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMPS AND COUSCOUS | GIANGI'S KITCHEN
Cuisine Indian, The WorldCategory Fish, Main CourseServings 4Total Time 20 mins
- Heat a large straight sided skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and swirl around to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt, cook stirring frequently until the onions are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in curry paste and cook 30 seconds and blend well.
- Squeeze tomatoes juice into the curry mixture, then drop the tomatoes. Boil for 1 minute. Stir in the couscous and peas and mix well. Scatter shrimps on top in a single layer, return to a boil.
THE BEST EASY COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY - CAFE DELITES
5/5 (22)Total Time 22 minsCategory DinnerCalories 465 per serving
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP - SLENDER KITCHEN
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP (CREAMY, THAI RED CURRY) RECIPE …
EASY COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP | KITCHN
CREAMY COCONUT CURRY WITH SHRIMP AND CORN RECIPE
BEST COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE …
EASY 20-MINUTE COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP - LIFE AS A STRAWBERRY
COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE- COOKING MADE HEALTHY
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP - YUMMLY RECIPES
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP: FLAVORFUL & DELICIOUS - A YOUNIQUE JOURNEY
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP - CHEF ELIZABETH REESE
CURRIED COUSCOUS WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BEST EASY COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE - DELICIOUS LITTLE BITES
THE BEST COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE | LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
CRISPY SHRIMP COCONUT CURRY - WORLD FOOD NETWORK
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP - CANADIAN COOKING ADVENTURES
COCONUT CURRIED SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP | CANADIAN LIVING
EASY COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE - BE GREEDY EATS
BEST COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
EASY ONE PAN COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP - THE BUSY BAKER
EASY COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP & VEGGIES (IN 20 MINUTES!) - DASH OF JAZZ
BEST THE PIONEER WOMAN'S COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP RECIPES - FOOD …
SHRIMP AND VEGETABLE COCONUT CURRY | MY NOURISHED HOME
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE (UNDER 30 MINS) + VIDEO
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP - THE PIONEER WOMAN
JAMAICAN COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP - CANADIAN COOKING ADVENTURES
COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP - JAMDOWN FOODIE
THAI COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE - PEAS AND CRAYONS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook shrimp and couscous together?Stir in couscous and peas. Scatter shrimp on top, in a single layer; return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until shrimp are opaque and just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve, with basil scattered on top and drizzled with oil.
What are some good recipes for Shrimp curry?Directions. Season with cumin, coriander, and curry powder. Cook for 1 more minute. Stir in coconut milk, sugar, and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes. Stir in shrimp, and increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir until shrimp is cooked through,...
How to cook shrimp in a pan with coconut milk?Stir in coconut milk, sugar, and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes. Stir in shrimp, and increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir until shrimp is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
How long does it take to make coconut shrimp Curry?This Coconut Shrimp Curry features delicious shrimp in a coconut curry that's perfect over cooked rice and ready in only 25 minutes! Super easy, made all in one pot and packs tons of flavor! In a small bowl toss the shrimp with the marinade ingredients.