It's fun to use pistachios for some of these and pecans for others, but of course you can stick with one or the other. It's best to bake them on a dry day; if it's even slightly humid, the meringues may take longer to crisp in the oven. The meringues can be made up to five days ahead and stored in a cool, dry place.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 100 meringues
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Combine egg whites and sugar in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, and whisk until sugar is dissolved and mixture is warm, about 3 minutes. Whisk in salt and cream of tartar; remove from heat.
- Beat mixture with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff, glossy peaks form and meringue is mostly cooled, about 7 minutes. Beat in extract.
- Fit a pastry bag with a 3/8-inch round tip (Ateco #804) and fill bag with meringue. Pipe meringue "kisses," each 1 inch in diameter, releasing pressure and pulling pastry bag straight up to create each, 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until crisp on outside and able to release easily from parchment, about 1 hour, 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until smooth; remove from heat. Working 1 at a time, dip base of each meringue in chocolate, then coat base completely with nuts. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets and let stand until set, about 1 hour. Meringues can be made 5 days ahead and stored in a cool, dry place at room temperature.
COFFEE MERINGUE KISSES
These coffee meringue cookies are fat-free, low calorie, and flourless. Meaning Glutin free.These puffs of heaven will melt in your mouth. NOTE: It is best to make meringue cookies when the humidity is low. They will not properly crisp up in damp weather.
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by Stormy Stewart
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 1. Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- 2. Use nonstick cookie sheets, or line regular cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 3. In a food processor with a metal blade, process the sugar and coffee powder until the texture of the sugar becomes very fine.
- 4. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and vanilla extract with an electric mixer at medium speed, until very frothy.
- 5. Add cream of tartar, and continue beating at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- 6. Increase beater speed to high, and gradually beat in sugar-coffee mixture.
- 7. Continue beating until soft peaks form and mixture has a glossy sheen.
- 8. To pipe cookies from pastry bag: Fill pastry bag (or 1-gallon freezer bag), fitted with Number 6 plain round pastry tube, with meringue.
- 9. Hold bag upright over prepared cookie sheets and squeeze out meringue, leaving pastry tip buried in meringue, until you have piped out a round about 1 1/2\" in diameter.
- 10. Lift up tip and stop squeezing.
- 11. Leave 1\" between cookies or, drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet, leaving 2\" between cookies.
- 12. Bake 1 hour without opening oven door. Turn off oven, and let meringues dry in oven 2-3 hours more without opening oven door.
- 13. (After the first hour, it\'s okay to peek just once.)
- 14. Remove the meringues from the cookie sheet with a spatula.
- 15. Store in airtight container--makes about 3 dozen.
IRISH COFFEE MERINGUES
- For meringues:
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line 2 heavy baking sheets with parchment paper. Stir 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder in small bowl to blend well. Using hand-held electric mixer, beat egg whites in medium bowl until medium-stiff peaks form. Add remaining 4 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar to egg whites by tablespoonfuls and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold coffee-sugar mixture into meringue.
- Drop meringue by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly. Using knife, gently spread meringues 2 1/2- to 3-inch rounds. Bake until meringues are dry and can be easily be lifted from parchment, about 45 minutes. Transfer meringues to racks and cool completely. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Store in airtight containers at room temperature.)
- For filling:
- Beat 1 cup whipping cream in medium bowl to medium-firm peaks. Add sugar, Irish whiskey and instant espresso powder and beat until firm peaks form.
- Place 1 meringue on plate, flat side down. Spoon 1 generous tablespoon of espresso cream filling over. Top with another meringue, flat side down, and press gently until filling spreads to edge. Repeat with remaining meringues and filling. (Can be prepared 1 hour ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.)
- Beat remaining 1/4 cup whipping cream in small bowl until firm peaks form. Spoon small dollop of cream atop each meringue. Garnish each with chocolate-covered coffee beans, if desired.
Perfect your whisking skills for these light baked meringues - a blank canvas for tasty flavour combinations.
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Provided by Angela Nilsen
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Treat
Number Of Ingredients: 3
- Heat the oven to 110C/ 100C fan/gas ¼.
- Line 2 baking sheets with non-stick liner or parchment paper (meringue can stick on greaseproof paper and foil).
- Tip 4 large egg whites into a large clean mixing bowl (not plastic). Beat them on medium speed with an electric hand whisk until the mixture resembles a fluffy cloud and stands up in stiff peaks when the blades are lifted.
- Now turn the speed up and start to add 115g caster sugar, a dessertspoonful at a time. Continue beating for 3-4 seconds between each addition. It's important to add the sugar slowly at this stage as it helps prevent the meringue from weeping later. However, don't over-beat. When ready, the mixture should be thick and glossy.
- Sift one third of the 115g icing sugar over the mixture, then gently fold it in with a big metal spoon or rubber spatula. Continue to sift and fold in the remaining icing sugar a third at a time. Again, don't over-mix. The mixture should now look smooth and billowy.
- Scoop up a heaped dessertspoonful of the mixture. Using another dessertspoon, ease it on to the baking sheet to make an oval shape. Or just drop them in rough rounds, if you prefer.
- Bake for 1 ½-1 ¾ hours in a fan oven, 1 ¼ hours in a conventional or gas oven, until the meringues sound crisp when tapped underneath and are a pale coffee colour.
- Leave to cool on the trays or a cooling rack. (The meringues will now keep in an airtight tin for up to 2 weeks, or frozen for a month.) Serve two meringues sandwiched together with a generous dollop of softly whipped double cream.
CARAMEL COFFEE MERINGUES
- Make meringues:
- Put oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 500°F. Lightly oil ramekins.
- Stir together 1 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons espresso powder in a small bowl. Beat whites with a pinch of salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until they just hold soft peaks. Add sugar mixture a little at a time, beating, then increase speed to high and continue to beat until whites hold stiff, glossy peaks.
- Spoon meringue into ramekins, forming gentle swirling peaks in tops. Arrange ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until meringues are slightly puffed and a shade darker, 4 to 5 minutes (meringues will still be very soft). Transfer ramekins to a rack and cool 30 minutes, then chill at least 3 hours. (Meringues will deflate slightly and pull away from sides of ramekins.)
- Make syrup:
- Stir together 1/4 cup water and remaining tablespoon espresso powder in a small glass.
- Bring remaining 1/2 cup sugar and remaining 1/4 cup water to a boil in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved and washing down any crystals from side of pan with a pastry brush dipped in water. Boil syrup, without stirring, gently swirling pan, until mixture is a deep golden caramel. Remove from heat and carefully pour in espresso mixture (liquid will bubble and steam), then stir until well combined (if necessary, stir over low heat until caramel is dissolved). Transfer syrup to a heatproof bowl and cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Make topping and serve meringues:
- Just before serving, beat cream with cleaned beaters until it just holds soft peaks. Drizzle each meringue with 1 tablespoon syrup and top generously with whipped cream.
- *Available at specialty foods shops, some supermarkets, and The Baker's Catalogue (800-827-6836; bakerscatalogue.com).
- **Available at some cookware shops and Bridge Kitchenware (800-274-3435 or 212-688-4220).
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course preparation occasion low-protein desserts oven diabetic dinner-party candy dietary low-sodium low-cholesterol low-calorie low-in-something equipment small-appliance mixer number-of-servings
People also searched
More recipes about coffee meringues
Recipe From : myrecipes.com2006-04-10 · Bake in a 200° oven until meringues are light brown and give slightly when gently pressed, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours; switch pan positions halfway through baking. Turn off heat and leave meringues in closed oven for 1 hour. Step 4 Slide a spatula under meringues … ... Show details
Recipe From : cook.me2020-10-15 · Pipe meringues. Fit a pastry bag or ziploc bag with a large piping tip and roll down the top a few times. Carefully transfer the meringue from the mixing bowl to the piping bag. Unroll the cuff and twist the top a few times, and push meringue into the bottom of the bag. Once filled squeeze about 1½-inch circles of meringue … ... Show details
Recipe From : sunset.comGently place one coffee bean on each mound. 3 Bake in a 200° oven until meringues are light brown and give slightly when gently pressed, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours; switch pan positions halfway through baking. Turn off heat and leave meringues in closed oven for 1 hour. ... Show details
Recipe From : food.com2003-11-06 · Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in medium bowl on medium speed until soft peaks form. Add granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in confectioners' sugar. Stir coffee granules … ... Show details
Recipe From : greatbritishchefs.com2015-06-03 · For the coffee meringue, preheat the oven to 140ºC/Gas mark 1. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment. Place the egg whites in a large, clean bowl. Sift the icing sugar and the instant coffee into the egg whites ... Show details
Recipe From : whatjewwannaeat.com2015-03-24 · Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl with an electric mixer with a whisk attachment (make sure both are very clean and dry), beat egg whites on low at first and then gradually up to high speed until thick and soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. ... Show details
Recipe From : kingarthurbaking.comIn a large bowl, beat together the egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt until foamy. Add the espresso powder, coffee extract, and 1 tablespoon of the sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar, continuing to beat until the meringue … ... Show details
Recipe From : bakingmad.comOur Coffee Meringue is the perfect dessert for a dinner party with guests. We've taken the classic meringue recipe and flavoured it with a coffee extract and a hazelnut praline, which adds some serious crunch and an elegant decoration. We've also decorated ours with grated dark chocolate for an extra level of luxury. The key to this recipe is to get your stiff peaks right for the meringues ... ... Show details
Recipe From : abouttimemagazine.co.ukFood / Recipes / Easy Dessert Recipes: The Ultimate Coffee Meringues. Easy Dessert Recipes: The Ultimate Coffee Meringues By Lara Messer. Share. Tweet. Share. Pin 11. 11 Shares. Meringues … ... Show details
Recipe From : eatwell101.comDissolve coffee in hot water before adding the liquor. Stir this mixture to the meringue. Pour the meringue into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip 5 mm diameter. Divide … ... Show details
Recipe From : thespruceeats.com2020-07-13 · Using electric beaters or an electric stand mixer fitted with a whisk … ... Show details
Recipe From : mysweet.recipesLearn with TudoReceitas.com how to make coffee-flavored meringues, the perfect sweet for a light dessert!These coffee meringues are not difficult to prepare and the end result, crisp and tasty, will please everyone.Look step by step down and try the meringues in the café! Steps to make this recipe: 3. Continue to prepare the meringues in the coffee… ... Show details
Recipe From : caffaholic.com2017-11-07 · Here is the recipe and the exact ingredients with preparation to munch these delicious coffee meringues. Coffee Meringues Recipe. Head over to the kitchen with these ingredients. What You’ll Need. Four large egg whites. You can save the yolks for later use; ¼ teaspoon salt; 1 cup sugar; 4 tbsps. Instant coffee … ... Show details
Recipe From : pinterest.caMar 30, 2015 - Save this Coffee meringues recipe and more from Food52 to your own online collection at EatYourBooks.com. Mar 30, 2015 - Save this Coffee meringues recipe and more from Food52 to your own online collection at EatYourBooks.com . Mar 30, 2015 - Save this Coffee meringues recipe … ... Show details
Recipe From : suzyb103.wordpress.com2021-02-01 · Tag Archives: coffee meringues recipe. 11 Delicious Things to do with Coffee 1 Nov (in addition to just drinking it!) A friend of mine in the BVI has a company called Rum, Sand and Sea through which he distributes all sorts of attractive gifts and souvenirs which have all been made in the Caribbean. One of these is Java’Mon coffee … ... Show details
Recipe From : pinterest.caApr 1, 2016 - The best kitchen product reviews, recipes, cooking tutorials and 'how to' guides for food enthusiasts, because life happens in the kitchen! Apr 1, 2016 - The best kitchen product reviews, recipes… ... Show details
Recipe From : eatsmarter.comThe Coffee with Meringue recipe out of our category Coffee! EatSmarter has over 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online. Try … ... Show details
Recipe From : goodhousekeeping.com2012-10-15 · Whisk in the dissolved coffee. Put a few small smears of … ... Show details
Recipe From : eatthis.com2019-07-12 · The possibilities are endless—but this sweet, cocoa-based meringue cookie recipe is a great place to start. Nutrition: 71 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated), 9 mg sodium, 0 g fiber, 14 g sugar, 1 g protein. Makes 12 servings Ingredients. 2 egg whites 2 tsp instant coffee … ... Show details
Recipe From : womansday.com2012-10-25 · Heat oven to 200 degrees F. Line … ... Show details
Coffee Meringues Recipe • Wiki Recipes
Recipe From : wikirecipes.net2018-11-11 · Coffee Meringues Recipe • Author Notes: With Passover upon us, I decided to rework my favorite Passover cookie and add some coffee flavor. What I love What I love Home ... Show details