CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE
Savor the comfort of chicken noodle soup in casserole form with this light, flavorful meal, best served with a side of crusty bread and a green salad.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain egg noodles as directed on package.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Cook celery, onions, carrots and garlic in butter 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of the chicken broth, the thyme, salt and pepper to skillet; heat to boiling. In small measuring cup, beat remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth and the flour with whisk. Stir into hot chicken broth mixture in skillet. Simmer and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat; stir in whipping cream and shredded chicken.
- Add cooked egg noodles to baking dish; stir in chicken mixture until mixed well. Cover; bake 30 to 35 minutes or until casserole is heated through.
- Meanwhile, in 8-inch nonstick skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Cook bread crumbs in butter 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over baked casserole. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390, Carbohydrate 41 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 22 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 890 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 0 g
COMFORTING CHICKEN CASSEROLE
If you're looking for a dish that's sure to satisfy your group, you can't beat this hearty casserole, with layers of chicken and homemade stuffing. -Pat Price Cook, Mission Viejo, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 20
- In a soup kettle, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until chicken is tender. , Remove chicken from broth. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; dice and set aside. Strain broth and skim fat; discard onion, celery and bay leaf. Set aside 6 cups broth for sauce. , In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes, parsley and sage. Saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add to stuffing mixture and mix well; set aside. , In a large saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add reserved broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. , In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the chicken, stuffing and sauce. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373 calories, Fat 20g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 176mg cholesterol, Sodium 727mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
COMFORTING CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sprinkle onion soup mix in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread rice over soup mix and place chicken on top of rice. Combine chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup, and cream of celery soup in a bowl. Pour soup mixture over chicken and rice; cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 571 calories, Carbohydrate 80 g, Cholesterol 77.8 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 33.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 2185.6 mg, Sugar 3 g
This tasty combination of chicken and vegetables is simmered in a creamy sauce that's rich from whipping cream and butter. This hearty meal-in-one-pot is an all-time family favorite.-Sally Hook, Montgomery, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the same pan, brown chicken pieces on all sides. Return onion to pan; add potatoes and carrots. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and the vegetables are tender. , Stir in the cream, parsley, salt and pepper. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 941 calories, Fat 66g fat (34g saturated fat), Cholesterol 274mg cholesterol, Sodium 689mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 47g protein.
More about "comforting chicken casserole recipes"
8 COMFORTING KETO CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES (EASY AND LOW CARB)
COMFORT FOOD CHICKEN CASSEROLE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
39 ULTIMATE CHICKEN COMFORT FOOD RECIPES | SOUTHERN …
16 COMFORTING CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES FOR COLD WEATHER
61 BEST CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES - EASY CHICKEN AND RICE …
CAST IRON RECIPES! COOKING WITH "LE CREUSET": COMFORT CHICKEN …
28 DELICIOUS CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES TO RIVAL EVEN YOUR GRANNY'S
5 EASY, COMFORTING CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
CHICKEN POT PIE CASSEROLE - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
20 BEST CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
25 COMFORTING CASSEROLE RECIPES - IMMACULATE BITES
COMFORTING CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF …
16 COMFORTING CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES | FOOD TO LOVE
30 EASY COMFORT FOOD CASSEROLES | FOODIECRUSH.COM
COMFORT CHICKEN CASSEROLE - LAVENDER AND LOVAGE
51 COMFORTING CASSEROLE RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
15 OF OUR BEST CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES | KITCHN
31 CHICKEN CASSEROLES TO TRY NOW - FOOD.COM
47 COMFORTING CASSEROLE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
15+ COZY CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES FOR DINNER TONIGHT | EATINGWELL
8 CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
27 COMFORTING CASSEROLE MAIN DISHES FOR EASY FAMILY DINNERS
'MAKE IT WITH LOVE': CHICKEN CASSEROLE A CHEAP, COMFORTING DISH AND ...
CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
COMFORT CHICKEN CASSEROLE | 12 TOMATOES
TASTEE RECIPE COMFORTING CHICKEN CASSEROLE BAKE: WARM YOUR …
CREAMY CHICKEN CASSEROLE COMFORT FOOD RECIPE - THREE MEALS
COMFORTING CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
CHICKEN AND ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE - MANDY IN THE MAKING
BEST CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL: COMFORTING CHICKEN CASSEROLE
53 COMFORTING CASSEROLE RECIPES | BEST CASSEROLE IDEAS - FOOD.COM
COMFORTING CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST …
60+ COMFORTING CASSEROLE RECIPES FOR DINNER - RECIPEMAGIK
COMFORTING CHICKEN CASSEROLE - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
COMFORTING CHICKEN DISHES - CHICKEN COMFORT FOOD RECIPES
CHICKEN BACON RANCH CASSEROLE + VIDEO (MAKE AHEAD FRIENDLY!)
COMFORTING CHICKEN CASSEROLES — BOYD CASSELMAN
PASTELóN DE YUCA (CHEESY YUCA CASSEROLE) RECIPE | EATINGWELL
30+ COMFORTING CASSEROLE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
COMFORTING CHICKEN BURRITO CASSEROLE - KALEJUNKIE
CHICKEN AND DUMPLING CASSEROLE - CHEFS & RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you serve with chicken casserole?Let the oven do the work on chilly nights with these chicken casserole recipes. From classic country-style to Moroccan-spiced, these delicious ideas are sure to be a hit with the family. Serve this delicious saucy dish with flavourful rice and a crisp green salad.
What is the secret to making the best chicken casserole?This intensely flavoured, French-style chicken casserole is so easy to prepare – and it’s all done in one pot. The secret is using the best Spanish sausages you can get. Pop all the ingredients in, pour yourself a drink and relax while your oven does the rest of the work. Photograph by Stephen Goodenough.
What's a healthy and low calorie chicken casserole?A healthy and low calorie chicken casserole with bacon, button mushrooms, peas and a parsley sauce - use chicken thighs for extra flavour and juiciness A star rating of 4 out of 5.
How long to bake chicken and cream cheese casserole?Next, drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil over the chicken before you then spread the cream cheese over top. Finally, you can top it all off with your diced jalapeno peppers and shredded cheddar cheese before you throw the casserole into the oven to bake for between 35-45 minutes.