CORN SALAD WITH ARUGULA
This is a wonderful way to use canned corn in a crowd-pleasing yet sophisticated salad. Be sure to use the soft goat cheese that comes in a log or pyramid. That way, you can slice it and your guests can choose as much as they want. Another tip is to mix the corn, onion, and dressing beforehand in a plastic container and give it a quick shake before assembling your salad. This makes it perfect for potlucks!
Provided by SPetrocelly
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Mix corn and onion into the balsamic dressing. Refrigerate for flavors to blend, about 30 minutes.
- Spread arugula onto a serving plate; top with corn mixture and goat cheese slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222.1 calories, Carbohydrate 18.5 g, Cholesterol 11.2 mg, Fat 15.2 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 309.3 mg, Sugar 5 g
- For the cilantro-lime dressing: In a cruet, shake together the lime juice, cilantro, grapeseed oil, sour cream and some salt and pepper until creamy. Set aside until ready to serve the salad.
- For the arugula-corn salad: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the corn and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water to cool. Cut the kernels from the cobs.
- Combine the arugula, bell peppers, grape tomatoes and corn kernels in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
SWEET CORN + ARUGULA SALAD
Corn Arugula Salad is a fresh and colorful salad for all corn lovers of the world! It's the simplest of ingredients with lots of delicious flavor.
Provided by Julie | The Simple Veganista
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Prep corn: Remove the husks and stringy fibers from the corn cut/slice the corn off the cob. See this, 3 Mess Free Ways to get Corn of the Cobb, for a quick tutorial. Prep the bell pepper and onion.
- Assemble: In a large mixing bowl, place the arugula, corn, bell pepper and onion. Add the lemon juice, olive oil and salt & pepper. Mix well to combine. Taste for seasoning adding more lemon juice or salt & pepper as needed.
- Serve: Enjoy right away, or let the salad set for about 10 minutes (you can also chill it if you like). The arugula will soften and slightly wilt during that time making the salad look more proportioned and not so arugula heavy (it makes it a little easier to eat).
- Store: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or so.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97 calories, Sugar 5 g, Sodium 393.6 mg, Fat 0.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 22.9 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 3.2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg
ARUGULA, CORN AND HERB SALAD
Corn, lightly steamed and cut off the cob, is terrific in salads. It goes very nicely with arugula, the sweet corn providing a beautiful contrast to the pungent salad green. Although we don't think of corn as a nutritional powerhouse, it's a good source of several nutrients, including thiamin (vitamin B1), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), folate, dietary fiber, vitamin C, phosphorus and manganese. A cup of corn supplies 19 percent of the recommended daily dose of folate, and about a quarter of the daily value for thiamin.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories salads and dressings, side dish
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Steam the corn until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. When it is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cobs.
- Combine the corn, arugula, herbs and Parmesan in a salad bowl. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the sherry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Just before serving, toss the salad with the dressing. Garnish with the tomato wedges and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 142, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 10 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 265 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
FRESH CORN & ARUGULA SALAD
This fresh-tasting salad is known as Aunt Pammy's salad in my family. It's so colorful that it will take center stage. - Pamela Damm, South Beloit, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients until blended., Brush corn with oil; grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 8-10 minutes or until corn is crisp-tender and browned, turning occasionally. When cool enough to handle, cut corn off cobs and place in a large bowl., Add arugula, tomatoes and pecans to corn. Drizzle with half of the vinaigrette; toss to coat. Top with cheese; serve immediately. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinaigrette for later use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 171 calories, Fat 14g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 120mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MEDITERRANEAN RAW CORN SALAD
This salad is full of bold and briny flavors and it's that contrast that accentuates the sweet crispness of the raw corn. By piling the salad on top of a thick feta-yogurt sauce, the visual not also stays more dynamic and vibrant, each person can control their sauce to salad ratio too.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine the feta, yogurt, olive oil, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper in a mini food processor or blender. Puree until thick and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally (the mixture will seem thick at first but will thin as you blend). Refrigerate while you make the salad.
- Combine the corn, cucumber, radishes, celery, olives and pickled peppers in a medium bowl. Add the vinegar, oregano and a pinch each of salt and pepper and let stand, about 10 minutes. Add the parsley and dill, toss and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the yogurt sauce on a large plate or platter and top with the corn salad. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
CORN SALAD WITH TOMATOES, BASIL AND CILANTRO
High summer produce comes together in this simple mix, tangy with lime juice and full of fresh herbs. Even in the height of the season, corn gets a touch sweeter when heated, and the easiest way to do it is in the microwave. It takes just a few minutes to zap the corn cobs in their husks, which makes them easy to shuck. The silks will slip right off the sweeter and still-crisp corn. Picking basil and cilantro leaves by hand then tearing them right over the salad keeps their delicate fragrance intact. Serve this with anything off the grill or alongside tacos or sandwiches.
Provided by Genevieve Ko
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Microwave the corn in their husks on high for 3 minutes. Shuck the corn - the silks will come off easily. (If you want to boil or steam the corn on the stovetop, you can shuck the corn first then cook just until brighter in color, 2 to 3 minutes.) Cut the kernels off the cobs, transfer them to a large bowl and add the tomatoes.
- Finely grate the zest of the lime directly over the corn mixture, then squeeze the juice from the lime all over. Add the oil, a generous pinch of salt and the chile, if using. Mix well, then tear the herbs over the salad and gently fold them in. Season to taste with salt and serve, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 day.
ARUGULA, TOMATO AND CORN SALAD
- Whisk 1/2 cup oil, vinegar, basil, diced tomatoes, garlic and rosemary in small bowl until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler. Brush corn with 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil corn until crisp-tender and golden brown in spots, turning frequently, about 7 minutes. Cool. Cut corn kernels off cob. Place kernels in large bowl.
- Add arugula, quartered tomatoes and pecans to bowl with corn. Toss salad with enough dressing to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish salad with shaved Parmesan cheese and serve.
ARUGULA, FRESH CORN AND TOMATO SALAD
- In a large bowl, mix the Champagne vinegar with the minced shallots and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Let the shallots stand in the vinegar for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, using a sharp, thin knife and working over another bowl, cut the kernels from the ears of white corn.
- Whisk the olive oil into the Champagne vinegar and shallots until blended. Add the arugula and toss with the dressing.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and the corn kernels and toss gently. Transfer the salad to a large platter, scatter the nasturtiums on top and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412.2, Fat 29.3, SaturatedFat 4.1, Sodium 44, Carbohydrate 37.6, Fiber 7, Sugar 11.1, Protein 7.6
ARUGULA, CORN, AND TOMATO SALAD WITH SHAVED PARMESAN
- Toss first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Whisk oil and lemon juice in small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Divide salad among plates. Using vegetable peeler, shave curls of Parmesan atop each salad and serve.
ARUGULA CORN SALAD WITH BACON RECIPE
- Cook the corn ears, in their husks, either on the grill for a smokey flavor, or by steaming in a large covered stock pot with an inch of boiling water at the bottom of the pot, for 12-15 minutes.
- Let the corn cool (can run under cold water to speed up the cooling), remove the husks and silk. I recommend cooking the corn in the husks for the added flavor that the husks impart.
- If you boil or steam the corn ears after you've already husked them, or if you cook them in the microwave, reduce the cooking time by a few minutes.To remove the kernels from the cobs, stand a corn cob vertically over a large, shallow bowl.
- Use a sharp knife to make long, downward strokes, removing the kernels from the cob, as you work your way around the cob. Note: it may help to work over a low table, to be in a better ergonomic position to cut the cobs this way.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the corn, chopped arugula, bacon, and onions. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, and cumin.
- Mix dressing into salad just before serving. Taste and add more vinegar if necessary to balance the sweetness of the corn.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 201.5, Fat 8.7, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 8.8, Sodium 210.5, Carbohydrate 27.9, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 9.3, Protein 8.1
ARUGULA SALAD WITH GRILLED CHICKEN, CORN, TOMATOES, AND BLUE CHEESE
- Heat grill to high; clean and lightly oil hot grates. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill until opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Let rest 5 minutes; cut into strips.
- Cut off tip of each cob. Stand corn in a wide shallow bowl; using a sharp knife, slice downward to release kernels. Discard cobs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add arugula, tomatoes, Gorgonzola, chicken, and corn and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347 g, Fat 15 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 31 g
GRILLED CORN, HEIRLOOM TOMATO, AVOCADO, AND ARUGULA SALAD
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Add corn to boiling water and cook, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and immediately transfer to ice-water bath. Drain and pat dry.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; cook, turning, until lightly charred on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Let corn cool slightly; cut kernels from cobs. Transfer corn to a large bowl, along with tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno, arugula, lime juice, red-wine vinegar, and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Transfer corn mixture to a serving platter and arrange avocado slices around salad; season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil before serving.
More about "corn salad with arugula recipes"
CORN AND ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE - TODD PORTER AND DIANE …
Servings 4Total Time 15 mins
- Add the corn to the boiling water. Boil for 1 minute. Drain, quickly rinse under cold water, and then put the corn into the ice bath until fully cooled off. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, bell pepper, feta cheese, olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
SUMMER CORN & ARUGULA SALAD - HEALTHFUL BLONDIE
FRESH CORN ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE - MIND OVER MUNCH
CORN & ARUGULA SALAD - CREATIVELY DELISH
CORN AND ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE WITH ROASTED RED …
16 BEST ARUGULA SALAD RECIPES - EASY SALADS WITH ARUGULA
GRILLED CORN AND ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE - LOS ANGELES …
CORN AVOCADO ARUGULA SALAD WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE
SWEET CORN AND ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE - COOKING WITH TRADER JOE'S
ARUGULA, FRESH CORN AND TOMATO SALAD RECIPE - FOOD
RECIPE: SALSA VERDE STRIP STEAKS & ARUGULA SALAD WITH CALABRIAN …
ARUGULA, CORN, EGG AND BEAN SALAD - MY COLOMBIAN RECIPES
CORN AND ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
CORN AND ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHARRED CORN AND ARUGULA SALAD WITH PEACHES | LIVING LOU
PEACH, TOMATO & CORN ARUGULA PASTA SALAD | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD W/ CREAMY ANCHO DRESSING - FROM …
RECIPE: ROASTED CORN AND ARUGULA SALAD — 3TEN — A LIFESTYLE BLOG
SWEET CORN AND CHERRY ARUGULA SALAD - IT'S A VEG WORLD AFTER ALL®
ARUGULA SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ARUGULA CORN GOAT CHEESE SALAD - GARNISH WITH LEMON
SUMMER CORN AND ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CORN AND ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE WHOLE FOODS - SOLERANY.COM
MEXICAN ARUGULA SALAD - MADE WITH OLIVE OIL DRESSING
CORN, BACON AND ARUGULA PASTA SALAD - HERBS & FLOUR
GRILLED CORN SALAD WITH AVOCADO - WELLPLATED.COM
WARM CORN, TOMATO AND ARUGULA SALAD | WILLIAMS SONOMA
ARUGULA WHITE CORN SALAD RECIPE & INSTRUCTIONS | DEL MONTE®
BACON, ARUGULA, TOMATO AND ROASTED CORN SALAD RECIPE | KITCHEN …
SWEET CORN AND ARUGULA SALAD - SEASON & THYME
RECIPE: JALAPEñO CHEESY CORN BURGER WITH ARUGULA SALAD
ARUGULA, TOMATO AND CORN SALAD - 300,000+ RECIPES & MEAL PLANS
FOOD NETWORK CANADA | BEST EASY RECIPES & COOKING TIPS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make corn salad?When it is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cobs. Combine the corn, arugula, herbs and Parmesan in a salad bowl. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the sherry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. Just before serving, toss the salad with the dressing.
How do you make arugula and cilantro salad?For the cilantro-lime dressing: In a cruet, shake together the lime juice, cilantro, grapeseed oil, sour cream and some salt and pepper until creamy. Set aside until ready to serve the salad. For the arugula-corn salad: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the corn and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water to cool.
What is the best salad dressing to make with arugula?Combine the corn, arugula, herbs and Parmesan in a salad bowl. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the sherry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. Just before serving, toss the salad with the dressing. Garnish with the tomato wedges and serve.
What is the best way to cook corn on the cob?Preparation. Steam the corn until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. When it is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cobs. Combine the corn, arugula, herbs and Parmesan in a salad bowl. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the sherry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. Just before serving,...