FRESH CORN AND TOMATO SALAD
- Whisk together the vinegar, 2 teaspoons salt and some pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream, to make a smooth dressing.
- Shear off the corn kernels with a sharp knife over a bowl (you should have about 4 cups). Toss in the tomatoes, mozzarella and scallions. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat. Cover and let stand for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours. Before serving, tear the basil over the salad and stir.
CORN, TOMATO, AND LOBSTER SALAD
The freshest corn is so delicious that you don't need to bother cooking it. Simply toss the kernels with vinaigrette, tiny heirloom tomatoes, and steamed lobster. What's not to love? It's no question.
Provided by Emeril Lagasse
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Fill a large bowl with ice and cold water, and set it aside.
- In a 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven, or other heavy-bottomed pot with a tight-fitting lid, combine the chopped tomatoes, wine, water, onions, peppercorns, and tarragon sprigs. Bring to a boil over high heat, uncovered; then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Raise the heat to high, add the lobster to the pot, and cover the pot immediately with a heavy, tightfitting lid. Steam the lobster for 13 minutes, until it is bright red and the long feelers are easily removed from their sockets. Immediately plunge the lobster into the bowl of ice water, and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lobster from the ice water and set it on a rimmed baking sheet. Using kitchen shears, remove the lobster meat from the tail and claws. Use a knife to chop the lobster meat into bite- size pieces. You should have about 1 cup; set it aside.
- In a medium non-reactive mixing bowl, combine the shallot, vinegar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk in the 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the cayenne. Add the corn kernels and mix together. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Cut the tiniest heirloom tomatoes in half, and quarter the larger ones. Add the tomatoes to the corn mixture. Add the lobster, tarragon, and parsley, and mix gently to combine.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix the Bibb lettuce leaves with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, and season them lightly with salt and black pepper. Stack 2 lettuce leaves on each of four plates. Divide the lobster salad evenly among the lettuce cups, and serve immediately.
CONTEST-WINNING TOMATO CORN SALAD
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a large skillet, saute corn in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in mustard. Add to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 410mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CILANTRO TOMATO CORN SALAD
Very quick and tasty sidedish that can be altered to taste, almost every ingredient except the corn is optional. Very pretty side dish also. I've made this for many different people and haven't had one complaint yet. It's especially good if you just don't have the time to cook but don't want junk food.
Provided by Ds R.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Peel back corn husks, but leave them attached at the bottom. Remove the silks, and fold husks back up over the corn. Place on a dinner plate, and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes on High power, turning corn once half way through. Cool until cool enough to touch, then slice corn kernels from the cob and place them in a serving bowl.
- Stir butter into the corn along with the tomatoes, jalapeno, red onion, garlic and cilantro. Season with salt, pepper, and seasoning blend. Mix well, taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary. Some people like the salad warm, but I prefer to chill it a little before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173.7 calories, Carbohydrate 15.8 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 12.4 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 97.3 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
CORN TOMATO SALAD
- Place the corn in a large pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes, until kernels are tender but crisp. Drain, cool slightly, and use a knife to scrape kernels from the cobs.
- In a large bowl, mix the corn kernels, red bell pepper, onion, tomato, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Season with pepper. Chill 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160.6 calories, Carbohydrate 17 g, Fat 10.2 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 14.6 mg, Sugar 5 g
POACHED LOBSTER OVER CORN AND CHERRY TOMATO SALAD
- For the lobster: Fill an 8-quart stockpot halfway with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the wine, lemon juice, coriander, thyme, garlic and enough salt to taste like the ocean. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the lobster, cover the pot and cook for 8 minutes. Remove and let cool. Crack the lobster and remove the meat from the claws, knuckles and tail; cut the tail meat in half vertically. Toss the lobster meat with a splash of red wine vinegar and olive oil. Set aside.
- For the salad: Drizzle some olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat, swirling to coat the pan; heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic is golden brown; remove the garlic. Add the tomatoes, corn kernels and zucchini, toss to combine, and season with salt. Cook until the tomatoes start to burst, just a few minutes. Toss with three-quarters of the basil chiffonade.
- Place the arugula in a bowl, season with a pinch of salt, and lightly dress with a splash of red wine vinegar and olive oil. Transfer the arugula to a plate, top with the corn and cherry tomato mixture and then with the lobster meat. Garnish with the remaining basil chiffonade.
LOBSTER, CORN, AND POTATO SALAD WITH TARRAGON
- Prepare lobster, potatoes, and corn:
- Plunge 2 live lobsters headfirst into an 8-quart pot of boiling salted water. Cover and cook lobsters over moderately high heat 9 minutes from time they enter water, then transfer with tongs to sink to cool. Return water to a boil and cook remaining 2 lobsters in same manner. Leave water boiling in pot.
- Simmer potatoes in lobster cooking water until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a colander, reserving boiling water in pot.
- Boil corn in same water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes, then drain.
- When lobsters are cool, remove meat from claws, joints, and tails, reserving shells for another use.
- Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. Cut potatoes into 3/4-inch pieces, and cut corn from cobs.
- Make vinaigrette:
- Whisk together lemon juice, tarragon, mustard, and salt until combined, then add oil in a thin stream, whisking.
- Assemble salad:
- Just before serving, toss together lobster meat, potatoes, corn, vinaigrette, tomatoes, frisée, and scallion in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
LOBSTER OR SHRIMP SALAD WITH CORN AND TOMATOES
- Put 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; a minute later, add shallot or onion and garlic; cook for a minute, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add thyme and corn and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until corn begins to brown and tastes cooked; season with salt and pepper.
- Toss tomatoes with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper; taste and adjust seasoning, adding more lemon juice, olive oil, salt or pepper as needed.
- Make a bed of corn on each of 4 plates, then top with a portion of tomatoes and their juices, and lobster or shrimp. Sprinkle with a bit more lemon juice and olive oil, the lemon zest and the parsley or chives, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 298, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 32 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 875 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CORN SALAD WITH TOMATOES, BASIL AND CILANTRO
High summer produce comes together in this simple mix, tangy with lime juice and full of fresh herbs. Even in the height of the season, corn gets a touch sweeter when heated, and the easiest way to do it is in the microwave. It takes just a few minutes to zap the corn cobs in their husks, which makes them easy to shuck. The silks will slip right off the sweeter and still-crisp corn. Picking basil and cilantro leaves by hand then tearing them right over the salad keeps their delicate fragrance intact. Serve this with anything off the grill or alongside tacos or sandwiches.
Provided by Genevieve Ko
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Microwave the corn in their husks on high for 3 minutes. Shuck the corn - the silks will come off easily. (If you want to boil or steam the corn on the stovetop, you can shuck the corn first then cook just until brighter in color, 2 to 3 minutes.) Cut the kernels off the cobs, transfer them to a large bowl and add the tomatoes.
- Finely grate the zest of the lime directly over the corn mixture, then squeeze the juice from the lime all over. Add the oil, a generous pinch of salt and the chile, if using. Mix well, then tear the herbs over the salad and gently fold them in. Season to taste with salt and serve, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 day.
More about "corn tomato and lobster salad recipes"
TOMATO, CORN & BASIL SALAD WITH LOBSTER - RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHILLED CORN SOUP WITH LOBSTER SALAD RECIPE | BON …
CORN, TOMATO, AND LOBSTER SALAD - MASTERCOOK
TOMATO, CORN, AND BASIL SALAD RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CORN, TOMATO, AND FETA SALAD - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
LOBSTER SALAD WITH CHARRED CORN AND TOMATOES | KITCHEN FRAU
CORN TOMATO AND LOBSTER SALAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
GOLDEN TOMATO-AND-CORN SALAD | SOUTHERN LIVING
LOBSTER, TOMATO, AND SWEET CORN SALAD RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPE
LOBSTER, TOMATO AND CORN SALAD - CAKEBREAD CELLARS
LOBSTER, CORN AND TOMATO SALAD RECIPE
LOBSTER SALAD WITH AVOCADO, CORN AND TOMATOES #SUNDAYSUPPER
TARRAGON LOBSTER SALAD WITH CORN AND TOMATOES - FRAMED COOKS
TOMATO, BASIL AND CORN SALAD WITH LOBSTER - THE HIVE
CHILLED LOBSTER SALAD WITH SWEET SUMMER CORN
CORN TOMATO AND LOBSTER SALAD FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
CORN, TOMATO, AND LOBSTER SALAD (COOK THE BOOK) RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
CORN, TOMATO AND LOBSTER SALAD | RECIPE | SALAD SIDE DISHES, …
BEST CORN AND TOMATO SALAD - A SPECTACLED OWL
CORN AND TOMATO SALAD RECIPE | LAURA FUENTES
POACHED LOBSTER OVER CORN AND CHERRY TOMATO SALAD RECIPE
CORN, TOMATO, AND LOBSTER SALAD RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CORN, TOMATO, AND LOBSTER SALAD | RECIPE | LOBSTER RECIPES, LOBSTER ...
RECIPES/CORN-TOMATO-AND-LOBSTER-SALAD.JSON AT MASTER · …
8 & $20 RECIPE: GRILLED LOBSTERS WITH A JUICY ... - WINE SPECTATOR
CORN AND RICOTTA BRUSCHETTA RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
CORN, TOMATO AND LOBSTER SALAD | EMERILS.COM
CORN, TOMATO AND LOBSTER SALAD | LOBSTER SALAD, SALAD SIDE DISHES ...
POACHED LOBSTER OVER CORN AND CHERRY TOMATO SALAD – RECIPES …
LOBSTER, TOMATO AND SWEET CORN SALAD RECIPE - COOKING WEB NOTES
CHILLED LOBSTER SALAD WITH CORN AND TOMATOES RECIPE
BACON CORN TOMATO SALAD WITH GRILLED SCALLOPS
SIMPLE SUMMER TOMATO SALAD RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook corn on the cob with lobster?Cook corn in boiling water for about 4-5 minutes; set aside to cool. Cut kernels of the husk and place in a large bowl. Chop chilled lobster meat from tails and claws into large bite sized chunks; add to the bowl. Add tomatoes, chives, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste; toss to combine.
What do you put on a lobster salad?Cut kernels of the husk and place in a large bowl. Chop chilled lobster meat from tails and claws into large bite sized chunks; add to the bowl. Add tomatoes, chives, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste; toss to combine. Place lettuce leaves on two plates.
What are the ingredients in lobster corn and potato salad?Just before serving, toss together lobster meat, potatoes, corn, vinaigrette, tomatoes, frisée, and scallion in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. How would you rate Lobster, Corn, and Potato Salad with Tarragon?
What do you do with lobster meat husk?Cut kernels of the husk and place in a large bowl. Chop chilled lobster meat from tails and claws into large bite sized chunks; add to the bowl. Add tomatoes, chives, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste; toss to combine.