BAKED CORNISH GAME HENS
Cornish game hens stuffed with a vegetable mixture, then roasted. A Cornish game hen recipe that I found and tweaked a bit for the taste and size of our small family, but it would be very easy to adjust it to fit your needs. It goes well with oven-roasted potatoes.
Provided by JMRYGH
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a small bowl combine the 1/2 cup melted butter, onion, celery, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, basil, oregano and parsley.
- Season hens inside and out with salt and pepper to taste, then stuff with equal amounts butter/vegetable mixture. Place stuffed birds in a 9x13 inch baking dish, breast side up. Drizzle with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Cover dish and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove cover and brown at 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476.2 calories, Carbohydrate 4.5 g, Cholesterol 166.8 mg, Fat 45.2 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 14.3 g, SaturatedFat 24.8 g, Sodium 421 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
CORNISH GAME HENS ORIENTAL
This same recipe with the same amounts of ingredients will be enough for up to 4 hens. It is a SUPER DELICIOUS recipe for Cornish Game Hens.
Provided by Alan Leonetti
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse hens under cold water until water runs clear and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place hens in either a baking dish or small roasting pan just large enough to hold the hens.
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce with undiluted orange juice concentrate, sesame oil, honey and curry powder until the honey dissolves.
- Gently place your thumb between skin and breast, lifting the skin. Tilt bird upward and pour about 2 tablespoons of the mixture under the skin. Drizzle about 1/2 tablespoon in cavity. Repeat on the second hen, third hen and fourth hen.
- Pour remainder of the soy mixture over the hens and rub evenly over skins. Tightly cover dish or pan with aluminum foil or lid. Roast in center of preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and baste hens with liquid from the pan. To prevent sauce from burning, stir water into pan juices.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Return hens to oven and continue to roast, UNCOVERED, for about 20 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with pan-liquid, until a rich glaze forms on top and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thigh reads 170 degrees.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to stand 5 minutes before serving. Place hens on individual plates, then spoon pan juices overtop. Serve with Stove Top chicken stuffing and mashed potatoes, or your favorite roasted veggies, or maple squash over bok choy.
HOISIN-GLAZED CORNISH HEN
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a very deep pot, bring enough oil to fill the pot by 2/3 of the way. Heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
- Add the hen slowly to the oil and fry for 8 to 10 minutes on each side until golden brown and have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the hen from the oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Whisk together in a large bowl, the hoisin, honey, red pepper flakes, and the scallions. Brush mixture over the cooked hen on both sides and reserve the extra sauce for dipping.
- Place in oven for about 7 minutes. Take out. Flip over and brush reserved hoisin sauce on flipped side. Place in oven for another 7 minutes.
ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS
Go for a different kind of bird by stuffing and cooking the Neelys' Roasted Cornish Game Hens recipe from Down Home with the Neelys on Food Network.
Provided by Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together salt, lemon pepper, dried basil and poultry seasoning. Rub olive oil all over the hens and season each with the salt mixture. Place the hens on a baking sheet pan with plenty of space between them. You may need to use 2 pans. Loosely stuff the cavities of each hen with some green bell pepper, celery and onion. Roast the hens in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees F and the juices run clear. Remove the hens from the oven, loosely tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes before carving or serving.
HOISIN-ROASTED GAME HENS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place hens in a roasting pan. Mix together garlic, ginger, and chiles in a small bowl. Rub garlic mixture over hens and under skin; stuff cavities with cilantro sprigs. Tie legs of each hen together with kitchen twine. Cover; refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Remove hens from refrigerator, and brush with 1/2 cup hoisin. Roast 35 to 40 minutes, basting occasionally with extra hoisin. Remove from oven, and serve hot.
ASIAN CORNISH GAME HENS
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large container, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar and garlic. Marinate hens for 30 minutes.
- Place hens along with the marinade in a baking dish. Cover with tin foil and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove tin foil after 1 hour and continue to cook for another 15-25 minutes. (until the hens are lightly browned and the juices run clear).
- Please note: Make sure to baste for the last 15-25 minutes of the cooking time.
CORNISH HENS WITH CHINESE MUSHROOMS
- Place mushrooms in small bowl, cover with warm water and allow to soak at least 30 minutes. After mushrooms have soaked, drain and dry, reserving 1 cup of liquid. Discard stems and slice caps.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy skillet, add shallots and saute until soft but not browned. Add mushrooms and saute a few minutes longer. Add vinegar, stir briefly, then add reserved mushroom liquid. Cook over high heat until reduced by half, then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rub hens with three tablespoons of butter, dust inside and out with salt and pepper, place in one or two roasting pans and roast for 30 minutes. Remove hens from roasting pan and set aside to rest while finishing sauce.
- Pour excess fat from roasting pan. Add wine, stir to release any browned bits from pan and strain into skillet with mushrooms. Cook over high heat until reduced somewhat, season with salt and pepper and lower heat. Add remaining 4 tablespoons of butter bit by bit, swirling in with spoon or whisk. Do not allow sauce to boil.
- Using poultry shears, split hens in half along breast and backbone, arrange on warm serving platter garnished with watercress, pour sauce on them and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 652, UnsaturatedFat 26 grams, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fat 48 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 44 grams, SaturatedFat 18 grams, Sodium 723 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 1 gram
More about "cornish game hens oriental recipes"
10 BEST ASIAN CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPES - YUMMLY
BEST 24 CORNISH GAME HENS – BEST ROUND UP RECIPE COLLECTIONS
ASIAN-BRINED CORNISH HENS RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
CORNISH GAME HENS ORIENTAL - THERESCIPES.INFO
24 OF THE BEST IDEAS FOR EASY CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPE
24 IDEAS FOR CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPES
CORNISH HEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST ASIAN CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST WAYS TO COOK CORNISH GAME HENS FOR DINNER
TOP 24 ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPES
GAME AND CORNISH HEN RECIPES | MYRECIPES
SPICY ROASTED CORNISH HEN WITH ASIAN FLAVORS - FINECOOKING
FRIED CORNISH GAME HEN - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO COOK CORNISH GAME HENS ASIAN STYLE - EXPERIMENTAL …
ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS - FOOLPROOF LIVING
CORNISH GAME HEN GLAZE RECIPES FROM CITRUS TO APRICOT
RECIPE: SZECHUAN-STYLE CORNISH HENS | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
CORNISH GAME HENS ORIENTAL - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CORNISH GAME HENS - ORIENTAL/CURRIED - PLAIN.RECIPES
24 OF THE BEST IDEAS FOR ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPES
SOY-GINGER-LACQUERED CORNISH HENS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
THE BEST CORNISH HEN RECIPE: THE ONLY RECIPE YOU WILL EVER NEED
CORNISH GAME HENS WITH SWEET AND SPICY RUB - SIMPLE JOYFUL FOOD
24 BEST IDEAS RECIPES FOR CORNISH GAME HENS
ROASTED CORNISH HEN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
ASIAN-STYLE STUFFED CORNISH GAME HENS - RUNAWAYRICE
CORNISH HEN RECIPES - NYT COOKING
CORNISH HEN (CORNISH GAME HEN) - RASA MALAYSIA
FOOD NETWORK RECIPES CORNISH GAME HENS
24 OF THE BEST IDEAS FOR RECIPE CORNISH GAME HENS
24 IDEAS FOR RECIPES CORNISH GAME HENS - HOME, FAMILY, STYLE AND …
24 IDEAS FOR CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPES
THAI GRILLED CORNISH GAME HENS - WENT HERE 8 THIS
PIONEER WOMAN CORNISH GAME HEN RECIPES - HALF-SCRATCHED
CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPE - CULLY'S KITCHEN
ASIAN-STYLE STUFFED CORNISH GAME HENS - YOUTUBE
ORIENTAL HENS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #main-dish #poultry #asian #chinese #easy #dinner-party #chicken #meat #whole-chicken #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a Cornish Game Hen?This cornish game hen is so good! Preheat the oven to 375 ° F (190 ° C). Rinse and pat dry the cornish hen with paper towels. Make sure the cavity is dry. Add the garlic inside the cavity. Close the cavity by using 3 toothpicks. In a small bowl, add the olive oil (butter), honey, sambal oelek and salt together.
What do you eat with Cornish hens?Cornish game hens are a great alternative meat for small Thanksgiving meals, or for any occasion. Get step-by-step recipes for baking these young chickens. My father taught me how to make this quick and easy dinner for four. We usually eat this dish with rice and steamed green beans.
When is the best time to make Cornish Game Chickens?Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any weeknight is a fine occasion for making Cornish game hens. Ok, so they are more expensive per pound than your average whole chicken. BUT, remember that when you don’t really want leftovers and you only want to heat up your oven for a small amount of time, they are the perfect solution.
What kind of jam do you use for Cornish Game hens?These plum jam-glazed Cornish game hens are fall-off-the-bone yumminess! I use homemade sand plum jelly for the glaze. Cornish game hens stuffed with a vegetable mixture, then roasted.