RAINBOW BELL PEPPER COUSCOUS
This super-easy side dish can be served warm, but it's also delicious chilled and served as a salad.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add the garlic and shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add 2/3 cup water, the bell peppers, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste, bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the peppers just begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the couscous, immediately cover and remove from the heat. Let stand, covered, until the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter or large bowl and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.
COUSCOUS, CORN, AND BLACK BEAN CHICKEN SALAD
This is one of my favorite salads, and is a great way to use leftover chicken! The flavor combination of all the veggies and pop of vinegar makes this couscous salad really stand out. Refrigerating is optional. Bon appetit!
Provided by Cooking Fox
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring water and 1 tablespoon olive oil to a boil in a medium pot over high heat. Add couscous; quickly lower heat and let simmer until water is absorbed, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Whisk balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl until dressing is evenly combined.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and place in a large, shallow bowl. Add black beans, corn, chicken, and red bell pepper. Fold salad together and pour in the dressing in 3 batches, mixing well after each addition. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340.3 calories, Carbohydrate 51.1 g, Cholesterol 19.7 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 429 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
COUSCOUS WITH CORN AND RED PEPPER
- Wash, trim, seed and chop the whole pepper; mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pot; saute pepper and garlic in hot oil until pepper begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Bring water to boil in the pot, covered. Add couscous and corn; reduce heat to simmer; cover and cook about 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and couscous is tender.
- Meanwhile, wash, dry and chop basil to make 1 tablespoon and add to cooked couscous with salt. Add pepper and garlic and mix well.
COUSCOUS SALAD WITH CORN AND RED BELL PEPPER
- In a heavy skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté corn, stirring, until golden. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, cumin, and 1/4 cup water and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until bell pepper is crisp-tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, in a small heavy saucepan bring remaining cup water to a boil and stir in couscous and salt to taste. Cover pan and remove from heat. Let couscous stand 5 minutes and fluff with a fork.
- In a bowl whisk together vinegar, remaining tablespoon oil, and salt to taste until emulsified. Add vegetable mixture, couscous, coriander, and cayenne and toss to combine well.
CORN AND COUSCOUS SALAD
- In a medium bowl, whisk together curry powder, mustard, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly drizzle in 3 tablespoons oil; whisk until emulsified. Set aside.
- Place couscous in a large bowl. Bring 1 cup water to a boil; pour over couscous; stir to combine. Cover with a plate; let steam until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and chile; cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add corn, and cook until bright yellow and just tender, about 2 minutes. Stir corn mixture into couscous. Add curry vinaigrette and cilantro; toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
CORN AND BELL PEPPER SALAD
- Mix first 8 ingredients in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place red lettuce leaves on plates. Spoon salad onto lettuce. Top with fresh cilantro sprigs and serve.
COUSCOUS AND PEPPER SALAD
- Quarter peppers. Slice on thin slicing blade of food processor; if you have no processor, cut in julienne strips.
- Following package directions, bring water to boil in covered pot for couscous (each manufacturer recommends a different amount of water).
- In serving bowl, combine mustard, vinegar and sugar, mixing well to dissolve sugar.
- Add couscous to boiling water. Cover and turn off heat. Allow to sit 3 to 5 minutes, until all water has been absorbed and couscous is tender.
- Meanwhile, chop scallions.
- Stir peppers and scallions into dressing, and when couscous is ready stir into salad.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 302, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 63 grams, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 29 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
ISRAELI COUSCOUS AND CORN SALAD
- Put the couscous in a bowl and add the boiling water.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of salt, cover tightly with plastic wrap and let stand, stirring once, until the grains are plump and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the corn, onion, coriander and caraway and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until the onion is softened, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- Add the couscous to the bowl, along with the bell pepper, jalapeños, scallions and mint. In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, canola oil, vinegar, honey and lime zest. Add to the couscous and toss. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 294.4, Fat 9.5, SaturatedFat 0.9, Sodium 11.3, Carbohydrate 48.3, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 3.8, Protein 7.2
RED BELL PEPPER COUSCOUS
Posted for ZWT - NA*ME. ETA : I made it on July 26, 2011. I used chicken broth and used only red bell pepper. We loved it.
Provided by Boomette
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small saucepan, heat oil at medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, thyme, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until veggies have softened.
- Pour the vegetable broth in the saucepan and bring to boil. Add couscous and stir. Cover and remove from the heat. Let rest 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add shelled peas, and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to ice-water bath to stop cooking. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper, carrot, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent and carrots are tender, about 5 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon salt and curry powder, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add 2 1/2 cups water and dried cranberries. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous and the cooked peas. Cover, and remove from heat; let sit for 5 minutes. Remove cover, and fluff with a fork. Serve immediately.
More about "couscous salad with corn and red bell pepper recipes"
COUSCOUS SALAD | RICARDO
COUSCOUS SALAD WITH BELL PEPPER, TOFU AND SWEET CORN
SOUTHWEST COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE WITH SWEET CORN
MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD RECIPE - PLATINGS + PAIRINGS
ROASTED CORN AND RED PEPPER COUSCOUS - SOUTHERN …
ISRAELI COUSCOUS WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER - JAMIE GELLER
ROASTED CORN AND RED PEPPER SALAD RECIPE - FOOD
MEXICAN STYLE COUSCOUS WITH ROASTED CORN RECIPES
COUSCOUS AND BLACK BEANS RECIPES
COUSCOUS SALAD WITH CORN AND RED BELL PEPPER RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHICKPEA, CORN & RED PEPPER SALAD WITH HONEY-LIME VINAIGRETTE
COUSCOUS SALAD WITH BELL PEPPER, TOFU AND SWEET CORN
RED PEPPER COUSCOUS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PEARL COUSCOUS SALAD WITH CORN AND BACON - MY CASUAL PANTRY
THE BEST CORN COUSCOUS SALAD - MORE THAN MEATLESS MONDAY
COUSCOUS SALAD WITH BELL PEPPER, TOFU AND SWEET CORN - VEGAN
BLACK BEAN COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE - TODAY.COM
SPICY SOUTHWESTERN COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE - COOK WITH …
10 BEST MOROCCAN COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPES - YUMMLY
COUSCOUS-VEGETABLE SALAD WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER DRESSING
ISRAELI COUSCOUS AND CORN SALAD RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
MOROCCAN COUSCOUS SALAD WITH BABY CORN RECIPES
MOROCCAN RED PEPPER COUSCOUS SALAD - THE PLANT BASED DAD
CHICKEN, CORN, AND COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
COUSCOUS, SWEETCORN AND PEPPERS SALAD - FOODEVA MARSAY
ROASTED CORN AND RED PEPPER SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COUSCOUS SALAD WITH CHERRY TOMATOES AND BELL PEPPERS
SWEETCORN AND RED PEPPER SALAD RECIPES
SOUTHWEST COUSCOUS SALAD - APAIGEOFPOSITIVITY
FRESH COUSCOUS SALAD RECIPES
ISRAELI COUSCOUS SALAD WITH BLACK BEANS RECIPES
10 BEST CORN COUSCOUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make couscous salad?In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin. Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans and toss to coat. Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks. Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste...
How to cook couscous with peppers?Add 2/3 cup water, the bell peppers, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste, bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the peppers just begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the couscous, immediately cover and remove from the heat. Let stand, covered, until the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 7 minutes.
What to serve with cucumber and green onion couscous?This cucumber and green onion couscous salad has an abundance of herbs, including mint, basil, cilantro, and parsley. It is spiced up with cumin, cayenne, and jalapeno peppers for a flavor-packed summery pasta salad. Couscous is combined with green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn, and black beans.
How long do you cook couscous?Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until couscous is slightly al dente. 5. Toss in pine nuts, red pepper, parsley, lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper, and additional evoo for richness and flavor. Serve hot or cold.