CRANBERRY ORANGE TRUFFLES
Homemade truffles are a delicacy my family looks forward to every holiday. We love the combination of tart cranberries and rich chocolate-and the orange and almond put this recipe over the top. -TerryAnn Moore, Vineland, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, heat chocolate and butter until melted, stirring frequently. Whisk a small amount of mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the heat, whisking constantly. Cook and stir until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon., Remove from the heat; stir in the cranberries, orange juice concentrate and extract. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle. Shape into 1-in. balls., In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets and drizzle with bittersweet chocolate. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138 calories, Fat 9g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 1mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
APRICOT ALMOND TRUFFLES
This supposed to be a healthy alternative to traditional candy. This recipe uses dried apricots which are high in fiber. Almonds have many health benefits and the dark chocolate has antioxidants. So this is not candy at all - it's healthfood! Recipe adapted from Ellie Krieger.
Provided by threeovens
Yield 20 truffles, 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Toast almonds in a dry skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes; set aside to cool.
- Process almonds in a food processor, pulsing until coarsely chopped; add apricots, honey, cinnamon, ginger, and salt processing until everything is finely chopped and sticks together, about 45 seconds.
- Using your hands roll mixture into round balls (about a heaping teaspoon each) and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Melt half the chocolate in a double boiler; stir in remaining chocolate, stirring to melt.
- Roll balls in chocolate to coat and place back on baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes; store at room temperature.
CRANBERRY APRICOT TRUFFLES
- 1. Place apricots, cranberries and orange zest in a food processor. Pulse until fruit is chopped and forms a large ball.
- 2. Form fruit mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 3. In a saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate.
- 4. Drizzle one heaping teaspoon of melted chocolate over each fruit ball. Allow chocolate to harden, refrigerating if necessary.
CRANBERRY APRICOT TRUFFLES
Found this among my truffle recipes for the holidays. I love dark chocolate along with cranberries and apricots.
Provided by DailyInspiration
Yield 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place apricots, cranberries and orange zest in food processor. Pulse until fruit is chpped and forms a large ball. Form fruit mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. In a saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate. Drizzle one heaping teaspoon of melted chocolate over each fruit ball. Allow chocolate to harden, refrigerating if necessary.
CRANBERRY MILK-CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
Categories Candy Milk/Cream Food Processor Chocolate Fruit Dessert Christmas Thanksgiving Vegetarian Wedding Cranberry Winter Chill Edible Gift Gourmet Kidney Friendly Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes about 60 cranberry milk-chocolate truffles
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Make truffle mixture:
- Chop chocolate. In a small saucepan bring cream, butter and salt just to a boil and stir in cranberries. Remove pan from heat and let mixture stand 10 minutes. In a food processor pulse together chocolate and cranberry mixture until smooth and transfer to a small bowl. Chill truffle mixture, covered, until very firm, at least 12 hours, and up to 3 days.
- Line a tray with wax paper.
- With a 1-inch melon-ball cutter scoop out truffle mixture and between palms of your hands roll into smooth balls, transferring truffles to tray. Chill truffles until firm, about 3 hours. Bring truffles to room temperature, about 20 minutes, before proceeding.
- Coat and decorate truffles:
- Oil a baking sheet and line with parchment paper.
- Temper chocolate . (Alternatively, chop chocolate and in a double boiler or a small metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water melt chocolate, stirring until smooth.)
- Balance 1 truffle on a fork (do not spear) and hold fork over chocolate. Spoon chocolate over ball, letting excess drip off. Return truffle to tray and top with a small piece of dried cranberry. Coat and decorate remaining truffles in same manner. Chill truffles, uncovered, until set, about 3 hours. Truffles keep, layered between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container and chilled, 2 weeks. Bring truffles to room temperature before serving.
- In a food processor with the knife blade, thoroughly combine first four ingredients until the mixture forms a dough-like ball. Using your hands, firmly roll into 1-inch balls. Roll in coconut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59.1 calories, Carbohydrate 6.4 g, Fat 3.5 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 4.2 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
These rich little apricots balls are more-ish. I challenge you to eat just one. They're very nice in summer when frozen as well. (The serving size is a guess as I haven't made this in several years and it also depends on how big you make the balls. I'll ammend this next time I make them)
Provided by busyozmum
Yield 30 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mince apricots in blender.
- Combine with 1 1/2 cups of coconut and all other ingredients (reserving 1/2 cup coconut for rolling) and blend well.
- Take a teaspoonful of mixture and roll into balls.
- Toss in extra coconut.
- Store in fridge.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.4, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 6.7, Sodium 44.4, Carbohydrate 39.5, Fiber 2, Sugar 36.8, Protein 2.6
More about "cranberry apricot truffles recipes"
CRANBERRY TRUFFLES - CAROLINE'S COOKING
5/5 (3)Total Time 25 minsCategory SnackCalories 75 per serving
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl - if it's not already in chips then break it up in to smaller pieces. Chop the cranberries in to very fine pieces.
GLUTEN FREE APRICOT AND CRANBERRY TRUFFLES | SANITARIUM ...
5/5 (1)Calories 36 per serving
APRICOT ORANGE TRUFFLES RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 3 hrs 30 minsCategory Chocolate DessertCalories 177 per serving
DARK CHOCOLATE APRICOT TRUFFLES - SPABETTIE
Reviews 34Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
APRICOT CRANBERRY TRUFFLES | SANITARIUM HEALTH FOOD …
5/5 (1)Calories 36 per serving
CRANBERRY, APRICOT & CHIA BALLS RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
GOAT CHEESE AND APRICOT TRUFFLES - SAVEUR
10 BEST DRIED CRANBERRY CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRANBERRY APRICOT TRUFFLES - EASY TRUFFLE RECIPE
Reviews 24Total Time 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
APRICOT TRUFFLES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 30Total Time 4 hrs 45 minsCategory CandyCalories 73 per serving
- Break chocolate and butter up in pieces and melt in a pan over low heat. Remove from heat and add preserves and orange juice.
- Make small truffle balls; if they get too soft, freeze 5-10 minutes until set. Roll in cocoa powder. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. You can serve them in mini paper or foil muffin liners.
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO WHITE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES | A CHRISTMAS ...
2.3/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 3 hrs 20 mins
- First, in a small sauce pan over low-medium heat melt butter, add heavy cream and stir just to combine.
- Over a double boiler melt finely chopped white chocolate, stirring casually until smooth and completely melted. But DO NOT over heat the chocolate!!! Although, it takes some time to melt completely, but do not heat above 105 F or the chocolate will separate and be unusable (if touched with finger, it will feel about the same temperature as your body)
- Remove from heat and using a rubber spatula gently stir in lukewarm mixture of butter and heavy cream into melted chocolate. NOTES!!!Butter and heavy cream mixture should be approximately the same temperature as melted chocolate when you combine them.
ALMOND PRALINE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES AND APRICOT PISTACHIO ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
TRUFFLE AND CRANBERRY RECIPES (13) - SUPERCOOK
CRANBERRY TRUFFLES RECIPES
CRANBERRY APRICOT TRUFFLES | RECIPE | TRUFFLE RECIPE EASY ...
CRANBERRY APRICOT TRUFFLES | RECIPE | PALEO RECIPES ...
VOICE CHANGER RECIPE CRANBERRY APRICOT TRUFFLES RECIPE ...
CRANBERRY AND APRICOT RECIPES (237) - SUPERCOOK
CRANBERRY APRICOT TRUFFLES — PUNCHFORK
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #for-large-groups #5-ingredients-or-less #desserts #easy #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is cranberry pecan goat cheese truffle?These Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Truffles are made with a mixture of goat cheese and cream cheese. The cream cheese is just there as a filler cheese to save you money. You can’t taste it, the goat cheese is definitely still the main cheese flavor. Then we add some honey, a little cinnamon and some pecans.
Can I freeze cranberry pistachio white chocolate truffles?These Cranberry Pistachio White Chocolate Truffles will look great at your Christmas tray. And even if you don’t want to freeze them, they really don’t require a lot of active time. Just chop some cranberries and pistachio, melt white chocolate, butter and heavy cream, stir all together and place in the fridge for a few hours.
What is the best recipe for Christmas truffles?This is the tastiest, homemade Christmas truffle recipe ever! First, in a small sauce pan over low-medium heat melt butter, add heavy cream and stir just to combine. Then stir in salt (and orange or vanilla extract if desired) and set aside.
How to make apricot buttercream?Add the apricots to the food processor and pulse until they are finely and coarsely chopped. Add 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil and combine well for approx. 30 seconds. Did you make this recipe?