CREAM OF CARROT SOUP
- Heat butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add carrots, potato, onion, celery, chicken broth, and ginger. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Uncover and cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer soup in batches to a food processor; blend until smooth. Return soup to the Dutch oven; stir in cream. Add curry powder, salt, and black pepper; cook over low heat until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.4 calories, Carbohydrate 14.8 g, Cholesterol 37.5 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 585.9 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
CARROT SOUP WITH POTATOES AND CREAM
- Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat. When the butter begins to foam, add the onion; cook until the onion begins to turn translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, herbes de Provence, thyme, and bay leaf; season with salt and pepper. Raise heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; reduce heat again to low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway. Securing the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, start to blend using a few quick pulses before allowing to blend continually; puree in batches until smooth. Divide into eight soup bowls; garnish each portion with about 1/2 tablespoon heavy cream and a sprig of parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148 calories, Carbohydrate 19.7 g, Cholesterol 22.3 mg, Fat 6.5 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 929 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
CREAM OF CARROT SOUP
- In a medium pot, melt butter over medium. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring, until combined, 1 minute.
- Whisking constantly, add broth and 1 cup water and bring to a boil over high. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and bring to a simmer. Cook until carrots are very tender, 20 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. In batches, fill a blender halfway with mixture and puree until smooth; to allow heat to escape, remove cap from hole in lid, cover lid with a dish towel, and hold down firmly while blending. Return soup to pot as pureed.
- Add buttermilk and heat over medium until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Thin with broth or water, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247 g, Fat 13 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 8 g
CREAM OF CARROT SOUP (POTAGE LORRAINE)
- Scrape the carrots, peel the onion and cut these vegetables and the celery into chunks.
- Melt the butter in a good-sized stockpot and add the vegetables. Stir and heat in the butter until they are well coated. Add the beans and stir well.
- Bring the stock to boil in a separate pan and add to the vegetables and beans. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for one hour or more.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly and pass the soup through a vegetable mill, or process, little by little, in a food processor until it is a desired consistency.
- Return to the rinsed-out stockpot and bring to a slow boil. Add cream slowly.
- Serve immediately, with a pat of butter in each soup plate.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 331, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 18 grams, Sodium 571 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 1 gram
POTAGE CRéCY (FRENCH CARROT SOUP)
The carrots grown in the region of Crécy, France are some of the tastiest in the whole country so Carrot Soup in France is named "Potage Crécy". Traditionally, the English should eat carrot soup on the anniversary of the Battle of Crecy (August 26, 1346) when they triumphed over the French in the Hundred Years War.
Provided by Member 610488
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a heavy dutch oven. Stir in the onions and cook 5 minutes, until golden.
- Add carrots, broth, tomato paste and rice. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Puree in blender in small batches until smooth. Return to pan.
- Add salt and pepper and stir in the cream. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the softened butter and serve with two carrot curls per serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198.4, Fat 14.2, SaturatedFat 8.5, Cholesterol 42.4, Sodium 622.7, Carbohydrate 13.4, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 5, Protein 5
CREAMY CARROT SOUP
Make a comforting starter or lunch in no time with our easy creamy carrot soup, topped with garlicky seeded croutons. Quick and simple, it takes just 30 minutes to make
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Starter
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large saucepan or casserole pot. Fry the onion and celery gently for 5 mins. Add the crushed garlic and cook for 1 min more. Tip in the carrots, stock and thyme, then season and bring to the boil. Lower to a simmer and cook, covered, for 25 mins until the carrots are softened.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Rub the whole garlic clove over both sides of the sourdough. Tear it into rough chunks and toss with the remaining oil, a good pinch of salt and the seeds. Spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 mins until golden and crisp. Mix with the chopped parsley and set aside.
- Remove the thyme from the pan and discard. Blitz the soup with a hand blender until smooth. Stir though the cream and season to taste. To serve, ladle the soup into four bowls, top with the croutons and drizzle over a little extra cream, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 53 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 19 grams sugar, Fiber 10 grams fiber, Protein 11 grams protein, Sodium 1.73 milligram of sodium
- Melt butter and sauté onion until transparent.
- Add other ingredients, bring to boil and simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
- Blend until smooth, reheat if needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156.8, Fat 5.5, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 13.4, Sodium 139.2, Carbohydrate 26, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 8.1, Protein 2.7
CREAM OF CARROT SOUP
"I came up with this rich yummy soup when I was in a hurry one day and we needed something hot to eat," recalls Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington. It's versatile, too. You can substitute most any vegetable with excellent results."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until carrots are tender. Cool for 10 minutes., In a blender, cover and process soup in small batches until smooth; return to the pan. Stir in cream and sugar; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122 calories, Fat 9g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 33mg cholesterol, Sodium 773mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
POTAGE A LA FRENEUSE (CREAM OF TURNIP SOUP)
- Peel the turnips and cut them into one-inch cubes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add the turnips. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add the chicken broth and potatoes and simmer until the vegetables are tender but not mushy, about 20 minutes. Put the mixture through a sieve or food processor and let cool. Chill thoroughly.
- When ready to serve, stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a touch of Tabasco and the Worcestershire sauce. Serve cold.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 458, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 40 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 25 grams, Sodium 807 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "cream of carrot soup potage lorraine recipes"
CREAM OF CARROT SOUP - RICARDO CUISINE
5/5 (317)Calories 108 per servingCategory Appetizers
CARROT POTAGE - RECIPE | SPICE TREKKERS
PURéE OF CARROT SOUP RECIPE WITH POTATO - THE SPRUCE …
SOUP WITH CARROT, POTATO - 47 RECIPES - PETITCHEF
TURNIP, PEAR & CARROT CREAM SOUP - TROIS FOIS PAR JOUR
CREAM OF CARROT SOUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CREAM OF CARROT SOUP RECIPE FROM ENCYCLOPEDIA OF FOOD AND …
POTAGE AUX CAROTTES | RICARDO | RECIPE | CREAM OF CARROT SOUP …
CREAM OF CARROT POTAGE | JON HORTON
CREAMY ROASTED CARROT SOUP - COOKIE AND KATE
CARROT POTAGE | CANADIAN LIVING
CREAM OF CARROT SOUP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HOW TO MAKE POTAGE CRéCY (CARROT) SOUP BY AUTHENTIC FRENCH RECIPE?
CREAM OF CARROT SOUP - HALF YOUR PLATE
POTAGE DE CREçY (CREAMY CARROT SOUP) RECIPE - KIYAFRIES
CREAM OF CARROT AND RUTABAGA SOUP WITH MAPLE SYRUP - RICARDO
LYDA'S CREAM OF CARROT SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPE OF ULTIMATE EASY! CREAMY CARROT SOUP (CARROT POTAGE)
CREAM OF CARROT SOUP – RACHEL WEILAND
DELICIOUSLY CREAMY CARROT SOUP - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
RECIPES > SOUPS > HOW TO MAKE POTAGE ST. GERMAIN CREAM OF …
SPICY POTAGE CRECY (CARROT) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CREAMY CARROT SOUP - THE PIONEER WOMAN
CREAM OF CARROT SOUP - SIMPLY STACIE
POTAGE A LA FRENEUSE CREAM OF TURNIP SOUP BEST RECIPES
CARROT SOUP WITH TARRAGON AND CREAM - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CREAM OF CARROT SOUP (POTAGE LORRAINE) - DINING AND COOKING
CREAM OF CARROT SOUP: POTAGE CRéCY RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ASTRAY RECIPES: POTAGE ST. GERMAIN (CREAM OF PEA SOUP)
POTAGE CRéCY: FRENCH FOR “IT’S COLD OUTSIDE—YOU NEED SOME …
POTAGE ST. GERMAIN (CREAM OF PEA SOUP) RECIPE
CARROT SOUP RECIPE - EASY FRENCH FOOD
ASTRAY RECIPES: CREAM OF LETTUCE SOUP (POTAGE CREME DE LAITUE)
CLASSIC CARROT POTAGE SOUP RECIPE - ZINGERMAN'S DELI
RECIPE: CREAM OF WATERCRESS SOUP (POTAGE CREME DE CRESSON)
CREAM OF CARROT SOUP, SOUP FOR SYRIA, AND PHOTOGRAPHS THAT WILL …
You'll also love