Crab thermidor is a Longs Arms signature dish. We use sustainable pot-caught cock crabs from a small co-op of fishermen in Newlyn called Dreckly Fish, supporting our inshore fishermen and guaranteeing quality and provenance. (thelongsarms.com)
Provided by Janine Ratcliffe
Yield Serves 4 as a starter
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the grill. Mix the brown crab with the cheese, mayo, egg yolk, chives, cream, calvados and mustard. Carefully fold the white crab meat into the mixture and season well. Divide the mix between 4 individual, wide, shallow heat-proof dishes and put them under the grill until golden brown and bubbling. Serve with finely chopped apple and basil and serve with crusty bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337 calories, Fat 26 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6.6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 1 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 0.9 grams fiber, Protein 20.2 grams protein, Sodium 1.1 milligram of sodium
"Here in the Midwest, lobster can be pricey, so I found this recipe that tastes like Lobster Thermidor but costs a lot less," shares Sandi Laskowski of Rapid city, South Dakota.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Combine soup mix and flour; stir into onion until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Stir in wine or broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. , Add cod; cook for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cook 1 minute longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; stir in mozzarella cheese and parsley until cheese is melted. , Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over seafood mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until topping is golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 162mg cholesterol, Sodium 829mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 39g protein.
LAURA'S SEAFOOD THERMIDOR
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the green onions and mushrooms, and cook until the mushrooms have softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and walleye; cook and stir until the shrimp have begun to turn opaque, about 2 minutes. Add the lobster and crab, and cook a few minutes to heat.
- Stir in the sherry and white wine. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 2 minutes. Once the shrimp and walleye are no longer translucent in the center, stir in the cream of shrimp soup, half-and-half, 1 cup bread crumbs, and Cheddar cheese until the cheese has melted, and the mixture is bubbly. Pour into a casserole dish, and sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and the Parmesan cheese. Dot with the pieces of cold butter.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until the butter has melted and the bread crumbs are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 934.1 calories, Carbohydrate 46.4 g, Cholesterol 271.8 mg, Fat 60.7 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 46.2 g, SaturatedFat 36.6 g, Sodium 1818.9 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 4 small to medium sized ramekins.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add mushrooms and white wine; simmer for about 8 minutes. Add the crawfish tails and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Gradually blend in flour, salt, and red pepper flakes. Slowly drizzle in the milk, stirring constantly and cook until mixture thickens.
- Pour mixture into the prepared ramekins. Sprinkle the top of each with a pinch of paprika.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298.1 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Cholesterol 161.7 mg, Fat 15.3 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 20.8 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 510.5 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
Imitation crabmeat keeps this dish affordable, but it's even better with the real thing. From TOH Casseroles, Slow Cookers, and Soups.
Provided by cookiedog
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large sauepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, paprika and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add process cheese and lemon juice; stir until the cheese is melted. Remove from the heat and add cheddar cheese; stir until melted. Stir in crab.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with additional paprika if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431.1, Fat 28.4, SaturatedFat 17.3, Cholesterol 105.2, Sodium 1493.8, Carbohydrate 21.7, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 1.5, Protein 22.8
MICHAEL'S CRAB THERMIDOR
A delightful way of preparing real crab meat, delicious and not too time consuming provided you have 2 cups of cooked crab meat when you start. You can use fresh, canned or frozen crabmeat (thawed). It can be served as an elegant starter or as a main dish served with rice. I save the largest crab shells and after thorough washing use them to fill with the crab meat before cooking in the oven. They present very well that way at the table as unusual, but of course you can use ramekin dishes as well!
Provided by Switzerland
Yield 6-8 medium crab shells, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add the minced shallots and stir for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour evenly and stir until well blended.
- Add the milk gradually stirring until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add Season All, salt and pepper, mix.
- Now add the spring onion, Italian parsley, the Gruyere and Parmesean cheeses, blend well.
- Add Cayenne and Tabasco followed by the dry white wine. Sauce should be fairly thick, not liquid otherwise add more cheese.
- Now carefully fold in the crab meat and sour cream until well blended. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Remove from heat and start filling the crab shells or ramekin dishes. Sprinkle with Paprika and place in an oven proof dish.
- Transfer to the 350°F oven until golden and bubbly (about 30 min.).
- Serve immediately with fluffy white rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260.4, Fat 19.7, SaturatedFat 12.1, Cholesterol 57.8, Sodium 229.3, Carbohydrate 7.5, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.4, Protein 10.1
The taste of this dish is as impressive as its name. Imitation crabmeat keeps it affordable, but it's fabulous with the real thing, especially for special occasions.-Mary Rose Fedorka, Jamestown, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, paprika and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in process cheese and lemon juice until cheese is melted. Remove from heat; stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Stir in crab., Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with additional paprika if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 368 calories, Fat 25g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 99mg cholesterol, Sodium 846mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 15g protein.
CREAMY CRAB MEAT THERMIDOR
I don't usually measure the ingredients. This is as close to exact measurements as I can come. I hope that it works for you! You can switch out the cheese for swiss or gruyere or any other combination of cheeses that you'd prefer. It may give it a different taste and texture, but it's still works.
Provided by Kelly Kingett @vacooks
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Saute shallot in butter until tender.
- Add cream, white wine, dijon, and season to taste.
- Place crabmeat in an ovenproof dish and top with the liquid mixture.
- Top with Parmesean cheese.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle mixture over the crabmeat mixture.
- Sprinkle old bay seasoning over the whole dish and bake in a 350 degree oven until bubbly and slightly browned(about 30 mins.)
- Remove from oven and sprinkle lemon juice over the top. Serve and enjoy!
More about "creamy crab meat thermidor recipes"
CRAB THERMIDOR TARTS | THE INDEPENDENT | THE …
CLASSIC LOBSTER THERMIDOR RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CRAB THERMIDOR - DISCOVER SEAFOOD
RECIPE: BAKED CROMER CRAB THERMIDOR - LATEST NEWS …
EASY COLD CRAB DIP RECIPE WITH CREAM CHEESE – 5 …
PRAWN AND CRAB THERMIDOR RECIPE | YUMMY.PH
10 BEST CRAB MEAT DINNER RECIPES | YUMMLY
17+ TASTY CRAB MEAT RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
CREAMY CHEESY CRAB THERMIDOR / KERALA STYLE /VARIETY DISH …
10 BEST CRAB MEAT ENTREE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRAB THERMIDOR - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CRAB THERMIDOR RECIPE - STUNNING THERMIDOR RECIPES - YOUTUBE
CRAB THERMIDOR FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
CLASSIC LOBSTER THERMIDOR RECIPE - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
KETO SHRIMP & CRAB THERMIDOR - DIABETIC CHEF'S RECIPES
CROMER CRAB THERMIDOR - DISCOVER SEAFOOD
CRAB THERMIDOR RECIPE BY SEAFOOD.MASTER.CHEF | IFOOD.TV
LOBSTER THERMIDOR | RECIPE | LOBSTER THERMIDOR, CRAB MEAT, …
CRAB THERMIDOR RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
CREAMY BAKED CRAB DIP RECIPE | RECIPE | SEAFOOD DIP, RECIPES, …
CREAMY CRAB DIP WITH CREAM CHEESE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SEAFOOD THERMIDOR SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DAY 43: CRAB THERMIDOR - RESTAURANT FOR TWO
CRAB THERMIDOR | CRAB RECIPES, RECIPES, CRAB DISHES
CRAB THERMIDOR - COLCHESTER OYSTER FISHERY
CROMER CRAB THERMIDOR | NEWS | RICHARD HUGHES COOKERY SCHOOL
CRAB THERMIDOR - PORTLAND SHELLFISH LTD
CRAB THERMIDOR | RECIPE | CHEF RECIPES, RECIPES, SEAFOOD RECIPES
MAT FOLLAS' CRAB THERMIDOR RECIPE | RYLAND PETERS & SMALL – …
LOBSTER THERMIDOR | SEAFOOD DIRECT TO YOU DOOR
SEAFOOD THERMIDOR -- NATHAN'S COOKBOOK
21 INSANELY GOOD CRAB MEAT RECIPES FOR YOUR NEXT MEAL!
SEAFOOD THERMIDOR SAUCE RECIPE - REALRECIPESUS.FUN
CRAB THERMIDOR CLASSIC RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
LOBSTER THERMIDOR RECIPE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LUMP CRAB MEAT RECIPES SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
BLUE SEA | RECIPES - DEVON CRAB
33 BEST CRAB MEAT RECIPES TO DEVOUR TONIGHT - INSANELY GOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is crab thermidor?Crab thermidor is a Longs Arms signature dish. We use sustainable pot-caught cock crabs from a small co-op of fishermen in Newlyn called Dreckly Fish, supporting our inshore fishermen and guaranteeing quality and provenance. (thelongsarms.com) Heat the grill. Mix the brown crab with the cheese, mayo, egg yolk, chives, cream, calvados and mustard.
How to cook crab meat with sour cream?Now carefully fold in the crab meat and sour cream until well blended. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Remove from heat and start filling the crab shells or ramekin dishes. Sprinkle with Paprika and place in an oven proof dish. Transfer to the 350°F oven until golden and bubbly (about 30 min.).
Is this a true Thermidor recipe?This is not a true Thermidor recipe, as we make the sauce using cream, rather than a flour-based roux. The flavour of crab changes throughout the season and so the seasoning for this dish must be adjusted accordingly (tailor the mustard, Tabasco etc).
How do you cook crab meat?Take care not to overcook or overstir it as the crab meat is quite delicate. Fill each crab shell about a quarter of the way up with spinach leaves, then spoon over the mixture so that the shells are full. Scatter with the remaining cheese and place the filled shells under a hot grill/broiler for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.