- Blanch the kale in lightly salted water until tender, rinse in ice water, drain and cut into 1/2-inch ribbons. In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the kale, cream and nutmeg. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, or until the cream has reduced and thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
BAKED EGGS AND CREAMY GREENS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with a rack in top third. Generously butter four 1/2-cup ramekins; add 1 tablespoon greens to each. Break an egg into each ramekin, then top each with another 1 tablespoon greens. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon cream; season with salt and pepper. Transfer ramekins to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place sheet on rack and bake until whites are just set and eggs are still soft in centers, 12 to 15 minutes (start checking at 12, as they tend to cook at different rates). Serve immediately.
CREAMY KALE SALAD
I have kale coming out of my ears from the garden, so I was looking for another way to eat this most revered food. My cousin Pam helped me come up with the recipe, and it is delicious. It was even better the next day!
Provided by QueenDump&Pour
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix kale, red onion, and raisins in a large bowl.
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice together in a bowl; pour over the kale mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours to overnight. Sprinkle sunflower seeds over the salad and toss to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 96.2 calories, Carbohydrate 10.7 g, Cholesterol 3.5 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 65.2 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
DELICIOUS CREAMED KALE WITH MUSHROOMS
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir kale and shallot until kale is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir mushrooms, cream, Asiago cheese, garlic, salt, and black pepper into kale mixture. Reduce heat to low and simmer until cream has thickened and mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333.1 calories, Carbohydrate 16.7 g, Cholesterol 90.1 mg, Fat 27.9 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 17.1 g, Sodium 219.4 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
SAUSAGE, EGG AND KALE CASSEROLE
Finding a brunch dish that feeds a crowd can be a challenge, but this large-scale frittata does just that by layering sausage, kale and fontina with cream-thickened eggs. Use any fresh sausage you like (chorizo, merguez, or hot pork sausage work well), and swap in mild Swiss chard or peppery mustard greens in place of the kale. You can prepare this dish the night before serving by cooking through Step 5 and layering the sausage, vegetables and cheese in the baking dish. Let it warm up slightly at room temperature before adding the eggs, then bake as directed. Baking times will vary depending on how cold or warm the dish is, as well as its depth and ingredients, so keep an eye on the eggs; they should be just set in the center.
Provided by Susan Spungen
Yield 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Generously butter a large 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add sausage and cook, stirring to break it up, until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to the baking dish, spreading it in an even layer.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil to the skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Add red onion, salt it lightly and cook, stirring frequently, until it starts to take on color, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to the baking dish and arrange evenly on top of the sausage.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the skillet and heat over medium. Add kale, season it lightly with salt and pepper, cover and cook, occasionally tossing with tongs until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to the baking dish and arrange evenly on top of the onions. Top with the grape tomatoes and fontina.
- Whisk together the eggs and cream in a large bowl and season generously with salt and pepper. (If making ahead of time, wrap the baking dish and egg mixture separately and refrigerate until needed.)
- Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the baking dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until the eggs are just set in the middle, 25 to 30 minutes. (Increase the baking time by about 15 minutes if the components were refrigerated ahead of time.).
- Broil until the top is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with Aleppo, if using.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 229, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 11 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 330 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PEPPERY, CREAMY GREENS WITH EGGS
Eggs, cream, peppery greens. This is a low-fuss, highly satisfying brunch made in a skillet on your stovetop. It's a brunch recipe that'll impress with no fuss.
Provided by Christian Reynoso
Yield 2-4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Using a fork, mix cream and 1 tsp. Diamond Crystal or ½ tsp. Morton kosher salt in a small bowl or a 2-cup measuring glass until salt is dissolved, then stir in broth. Set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium. Add onion, garlic, and 1 tsp. Diamond Crystal or ½ tsp. Morton kosher salt and stir in the salt well with a wooden spoon (this will help onion release it's moisture, making sure it cooks but doesn't brown). Cook, stirring often, until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp. water to pan followed by half of greens, stirring well (you want to get some of the greens in direct contact with the bottom of the pan). Cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Mix in remaining greens and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and pour half of reserved cream mixture over greens mixture. Using wooden spoon, make 4 wells in greens mixture, spacing evenly apart. Crack an egg into each well and pour remaining cream mix over eggs. Cover pan with lid and increase heat to medium-low. Cook until eggs whites are almost entirely opaque but yolks are still runny, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let sit, still covered, until whites are completely cooked, about 2 minutes. (If the bottoms of the eggs seem to be cooking faster than the tops, just turn off the heat, keep the lid on, and cook the tops with the residual heat. If you want more firm egg yolks, just simmer or keep the lid on for a little longer.)
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and drizzle generously with oil over the top. Serve with toast.
More about "creamy kale and eggs recipes"
CREAMY KALE BAKED EGGS - HEALTH STARTS IN THE KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 4
CREAMY EGGS AND KALE BREAKFAST - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
Ratings 3Calories 388 per servingCategory Breakfast
- Stir in the 35g (1/3 cup) kale and sprinkle on all but a pinch of the 25g (1/4 cup) of grated cheese.
- Take off the lid, and make a well in the centre of the kale (make sure the well is big enough for the egg white to spread out, so it cooks quicker than the yolk).
KATE B'S AMAZING KALE AND EGGS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
4.4/5 (40)Calories 136 per servingServings 2
CREAMED KALE AND EGGS - DELICIOUSLY ORGANIC
CHEESY MASHED WHITE BEANS WITH KALE, PARMESAN, AND A FRIED EGG …
THE BEST KALE AND EGGS RECIPE (IN A MUFFIN TIN)
RICH AND CREAMY HAM AND KALE CASSEROLE - DAY BY DAY IN OUR WORLD
CREAMY KALE DIP RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
EASY KALE FETA EGG TOAST - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
15-MINUTE SHEET PAN KALE AND EGG BAKE - HEALTHY NIBBLES
CREAMED KALE (INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS STEAKHOUSE STYLE …
10 BEST KALE EGGS BREAKFAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
KALE AND EGGS RECIPE | FOODAL
CREAMED KALE WITH PARMESAN RECIPE — THE MOM 100
RECIPE: SPICY KALE AND SWEET POTATO EGG BAKE - KITCHN
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY KALE (EASY STEAKHOUSE SIDE DISH)
HEALTHY KALE & EGG WRAP RECIPE | GET CRACKING
KALE CHICKEN EGG ROLLS RECIPE EASY DELICIOUS | WHITE ON RICE …
BAKED EGGS WITH KALE AND CREAM RECIPE / RIVERFORD
SIMPLE & DELICIOUS ALLERGY-FRIENDLY RECIPES - THE PRETTY BEE
CREAMED KALE - SLENDER KITCHEN
SUPER SIMPLE CHEESY KETO CREAMED KALE - AUSSIE KETO QUEEN
STEPHANIE KAY NUTRITION - HEALTHY RECIPES & NUTRITION TIPS
CREAMY KALE CAESAR SALAD WITH SOFT-BOILED EGGS RECIPE | COOKING …
SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH SPINACH AND KALE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SAUTéED KALE WITH FRIED EGGS RECIPE | WILLIAMS SONOMA TASTE
CREAMY KALE PESTO WITH EGG FETTUCCINE - EVERYDAY GOURMET
CREAMED KALE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
SPICY SIMMERED EGGS WITH KALE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
10 BEST CREAMED KALE SOUR CREAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
KETO SIDES | KETO CHEESY CREAMED KALE RECIPE - KETOGENIC.COM
WINTER KALE AND EGG SOUP RECIPE - PETE AND GERRY'S ORGANIC EGGS
CREAMY KALE PASTA RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
33 DELICIOUS KALE RECIPES - LOVE AND LEMONS
BRAISED KALE, BACON AND EGG ON TOAST RECIPE - INSPIRED TASTE
CREAMY KALE PASTA - CEARA'S KITCHEN
BAKED EGGS WITH CREAMY GREENS, MUSHROOMS, AND CHEESE RECIPE
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER SAUSAGE KALE SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY KALE & FETA EGG BAKE - FIT MITTEN KITCHEN
CHEESY KALE CASSEROLE WITH GROUND BEEF - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
CREAMED KALE - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook eggs and Kale together?Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg. Cover the pan and cook the eggs until the whites are completely set and the eggs are cooked desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for medium (runny yolk). Divide the eggs and kale among four serving plates, top each with about 1 1/2 teaspoons Parmesan and serve with the toasted crusty bread on the side.
How do you cook Kale with cream and cheese?Heat the 4tbsp of cream in a small frying pan over a medium heat until hot, but not boiling. Stir in the 35g (⅓ cup) kale and sprinkle on all but a pinch of the 25g (¼ cup) of grated cheese. Place a lid or some foil on the pan and allow the kale to wilt on a low heat for 1 minute.
How to cook Kale with leeks?Stir the kale into the leeks and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Season the mixture with the nutmeg and some salt and pepper. Stir in the yogurt until combined. Make four indentations in the kale and carefully crack an egg into each. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg.
How to cook Kale on the stove?Cover with a lid and allow the kale to wilt slightly. Make a well in the center of the kale and crack an egg into the well. Sprinkle with a little more cheddar and a pinch of salt and pepper, then place the lid back on and cook over a low heat for 5-7 minutes, until the yolk is cooked to your liking.