This recipe goes well with any main dish. Be sure to use the seasoned crumbs such as Pepperidge Farm brand for stuffing.
Provided by Lvs2Cook
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix first 3 ingredients and set aside.
- Mix crumbs, Parmesan and Italian seasoning together and set aside.
- Wash and dry eggplant and slice into 1/2 inch slices. Spread each slice with mayonnaise mixture on both sides and roll in crumb mixture on both sides.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 425º for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare a baking dish with non-stick play.
- Arrange eggplant and tomato slices into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables; season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the entire mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is beginning to brown, about 30 minutes. Switch oven broiler to high; continue baking until completely browned, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 53.9 calories, Carbohydrate 3.2 g, Cholesterol 3.9 mg, Fat 3.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 71.7 mg, Sugar 2 g
CRISPY BAKED EGGPLANT
This recipe is so quick and simple yet utterly delicious! If you like crispy food and eggplant, you're bound to like this one.
Provided by A Good Thing
Yield 10 slices, approx., 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, dried onion, and salt.
- In a shallow dish mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning (or just use Italian breadcrumbs).
- Brush eggplant slices with mayonnaise mixture and then coat in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place eggplant slices on a lightly oiled baking sheet or shallow baking dish.
- Bake in hot oven for about 12 to 15 minutes turning about half way through.
- (This is a take-off from a recipe I have on a CD called "One Million of the World's Best Recipes", 2000).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209.9, Fat 12.3, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 13.1, Sodium 518.3, Carbohydrate 21.6, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 5.7, Protein 5.2
More about "crispy baked eggplant recipes"
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #appetizers #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #vegetables #oven #easy #kid-friendly #vegetarian #cheese #dietary #comfort-food #toddler-friendly #taste-mood #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions