This recipe goes well with any main dish. Be sure to use the seasoned crumbs such as Pepperidge Farm brand for stuffing.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Lvs2Cook
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- Mix first 3 ingredients and set aside.
- Mix crumbs, Parmesan and Italian seasoning together and set aside.
- Wash and dry eggplant and slice into 1/2 inch slices. Spread each slice with mayonnaise mixture on both sides and roll in crumb mixture on both sides.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 425º for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
This is a great recipe if you are looking for something healthy and easy to make. It goes best with a mango chutney.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Marsroses
Categories Appetizers and Snacks
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- Spread eggplant slices on paper towels. Sprinkle generously with coarse salt. Let excess moisture drain from eggplant, about 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Combine sesame seeds, hazelnuts, coriander seeds, turmeric, and ginger in a small skillet over low heat. Toast until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in bread crumbs.
- Press eggplant slices into bread crumb mixture to coat both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry eggplants in batches until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro, Espelette pepper, and sea salt over eggplants. Serve with mango chutney.
CRISPY EGGPLANT PARMESAN
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Sandra Lee
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 16
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the canola oil. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add the 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 10 minutes. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the sauce for the online round 2 recipe Eggplant and Pasta.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Set up a breading station using 3 baking dishes. In the first dish, add the flour and season with salt and pepper, to taste. In the second dish whisk the eggs with 1/2 cup water. In the third dish combine the bread crumbs, cornmeal, 2 tablespoons Parmesan and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Slice the eggplant into 3/4-inch slices. Dredge them in flour, then in the egg wash and then in the bread crumbs. Arrange the eggplant on 2 sheet trays fitted with a racks and bake in oven until crispy, about 20 to 25 minutes. Reserve 4 slices of eggplant for the online round 2 recipe, Eggplant and Pasta.
- Turn the oven to broil. Put the eggplant, overlapping, into a flameproof baking dish in 2 rows. Cover each row with about a cup of sauce and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan. Put under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 to 4 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
ONE SHEET CRISPY EGGPLANT PARM
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Jeff Mauro, host of Sandwich King
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- Put a baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat to 500 degrees F. Position a wire rack over a second baking sheet and set aside.
- Mix the panko and Parmesan in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Season both sides of the eggplant with salt and pepper. Dip only one side of the eggplant slices first in the beaten egg, then in the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Transfer to the wire rack.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Pour the oil directly onto the hot baking sheet. Working quickly, place the eggplant slices panko-side down onto the oiled baking sheet. Dollop sauce directly on the center of each eggplant slice, then top with a nice slice of mozzarella (drape it over the sides of the eggplant for legendary crispy bits). Put immediately back on the bottom rack of the oven and bake until the bottoms are golden brown and the tops are melted and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish each eggplant medallion with a basil leaf. Serve immediately, either individually or in a giant stack.
CRISPY EGGPLANT WITH SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Sprinkle the eggplant slices with a little salt on each side. Place onto a baking sheet, and set aside for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, blot with paper towels to remove the moisture that has accumulated. Meanwhile, beat the eggs and milk together in a mixing bowl; set aside. Mix the Parmesan cheese and wheat germ until evenly combined; set aside.
- Dip the dried eggplant slices into the egg, allow excess egg to drip off, then press into the Parmesan cheese mixture until coated on both sides. Gently shake off any excess Parmesan cheese, and place the eggplant slices onto a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining eggplant slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. While the eggplant slices are baking, cook and stir the tomato sauce and cayenne pepper in a saucepan over medium heat until hot. When the eggplant is done, pour the sauce over top, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese to serve.
CRISP FRIED EGGPLANT
An easy Crisp Fried Eggplant that can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
Recipe From epicurious.com
Yield Serves 2 as a side dish or first course
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- Put the cornstarch, the egg beaten with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the bread crumbs in separate small dishes. Dredge each eggplant slice in the cornstarch, coating it thoroughly and shaking off the excess, coat it with the egg mixture, and dredge it in the bread crumbs, pressing on the crumbs to make them adhere. Transfer the eggplant as it is coated to paper towels and let it dry slightly. In a deep heavy skillet fry the eggplant slices in batches in 1/2 inch of 375°F. oil for 1 minute on each side, or until they are golden brown, and transfer them with tongs to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle the eggplant lightly with the additional salt and serve it with the lemon wedges.
People also searched
More recipes about crispy eggplant
Recipe From : spendwithpennies.com2019-05-25 · To make crispy baked eggplant that your family will love: Dredge the slices by coating each one first in flour, then egg, and then breadcrumbs. Place the slices on a cookie sheet and spritz with a little bit of olive oil. Bake until soft on the inside and crispy … ... Show details
Baked Crispy Eggplant Slices | Walking on Sunshine Recipes
Recipe From : walkingonsunshinerecipes.com2019-07-31 · Crispy Eggplant Slices - Perfect all by themselves or dipped in homemade tomato sauce, oven fried eggplant is the perfect appetizer to serve for your family and friends! This recipe is also the first step in preparing Eggplant Parmesan, one of my favorite Italian recipes.Let me show you how to make them perfectly crispy … ...
Easy Crispy Eggplant - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.com2018-07-26 · Fry in hot olive oil over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes or until golden on both sides and eggplant is tender in center. If eggplant is later to be baked in a casserole, fry only until edges are browned as cooking will be finished in the oven. ...
Crispy Baked Eggplant – The Fountain Avenue Kitchen
Recipe From : fountainavenuekitchen.com2014-09-02 · In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and 1 tablespoons water. In another bowl (a pie plate works well), combine the panko or Rice Chex crumbs, … ...
Crispy Greek Fried Eggplant recipe (Melitzanes tiganites ...
Recipe From : mygreekdish.com2014-07-06 · Season with salt and pepper, cover the batter with some plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Dip the eggplant one at a time in batter and fry in plenty of hot oil on both sides until nicely coloured, for about 1-2 minutes. Remove the fried eggplant using a slotted spoon and place on some paper towel to dry. Repeat with the rest. ...
Best Crispy Eggplant Chips Recipe - How to Make Crispy ...
Recipe From : delish.com2019-02-13 · Add Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Season with black pepper and toss until slices are evenly coated. Arrange eggplant slices in an even … ...
Garlic Parmesan Baked Eggplant Recipe - Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Recipe From : crunchycreamysweet.com2018-09-12 · Dip each eggplant disk into butter first, then breading mixture. Place on aluminum foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in 400 degrees F oven for 15 minutes, then flip each disk and baked for 7 more minutes. The eggplant should be golden brown and the breading crispy. ...
Crispy Baked Eggplant — It's Oven Fried, So Forget the ...
Recipe From : cookwithkerry.com2009-09-02 · Evenly coat the eggplant with breadcrumbs. Place the breaded eggplant slices on a cookie sheet that you thinly coated with oil (or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.) Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Flip the eggplant and bake for another 10 minutes. ...
Crispy Eggplant with Szechuan Meat Sauce | Omnivore's Cookbook
Recipe From : omnivorescookbook.com2015-10-16 · Cut eggplant into long strips, about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick and 3 inches (8 cm) long. Line a big tray with paper towels and spread eggplant on top without overlapping. Sprinkle salt onto eggplant and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes. (*footnote 2) Combine pork, light … ...
Crispy Baked Eggplant Recipe - Food.com
Recipe From : food.com2008-12-30 · In a shallow dish mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning (or just use Italian breadcrumbs). Brush eggplant slices with mayonnaise … ...
How to Make Crispy Fried Eggplant - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comCrispy fried breaded eggplant recipe. One of my favorite appetizers.Full Printable Version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Best-Crispy-Fried-Eggplan... ... Show details
Eggplant Chips Recipe: Wonderfully Crispy! | Healthy ...
Recipe From : healthyrecipesblogs.com2014-07-15 · Arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Spray them with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. … ...
How to Make Fried Eggplant | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.com2019-11-06 · Slice off the bottom and the top of the eggplant. Slice the eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices. Place the slices in a colander and sprinkle both sides generously with salt. Allow them to sit for 45 minutes to an hour, until you see big drops of water on the surface of the slices. ...
Crispy Baked Eggplant | Super Easy Eggplant Recipe - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comThis crispy baked eggplant recipe will make even eggplant haters turn into eggplant lovers. You can get a super crispy, crunchy texture in the oven. These cr... ... Show details
Crispy Eggplant Bacon | Minimalist Baker Recipes
Recipe From : minimalistbaker.com2017-03-02 · Use a brush (or a spoon) to brush both sides of the eggplant slices with sauce. Arrange in a single layer on the parchment-lined baking sheet (s) and sprinkle with more black pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes, then flip eggplant slices over, and bake for an additional 5-15 minutes (or longer if slices are thicker) or until the eggplant is deep red ... ...
Crispy Eggplant Fries - Panlasang Pinoy
Recipe From : panlasangpinoy.com2021-03-11 · Eggplant Salad (or Ensaladang Talong) is a simple salad that makes the perfect accompaniment to grilled dishes. This is another quick and easy dish to prepare, made with tomatoes and onions. Light and refreshing, it’s the ideal accompaniment to crispy pata or lechon kawali. ...
The Trick to Perfectly Browned, Crispy Baked Eggplant | Kitchn
Recipe From : thekitchn.com2021-06-25 · After just 15 to 20 minutes in a 500-degree oven with a little bit of tossing with a metal spatula, the eggplant gets super dark and crisp. “This’ll produce a lot of steam, so be careful when you open the oven door,” Roberts reminds readers. Oh, and one more thing: “This might set off your smoke detector.” Naomi Tomky. Contributor. Seattle-based writer Naomi Tomky uses her ... ... Show details
Crispy Baked Eggplant - Healthy, Easy, Time-Tested Recipes
Recipe From : fountainavenuekitchen.comCrispy Baked Eggplant Perfect all by themselves or dipped in your favorite tomato sauce, these tasty mouthfuls often vanish straight from the baking sheet in our house. Small or baby eggplants are ideal for this recipe. They don’t have the bitter, watery … ... Show details
Crispy Eggplant Recipe · i am a food blog i am a food blog
Recipe From : iamafoodblog.com2014-06-25 · Dredge the eggplant in egg and then in the bread crumbs, pressing so they stick. In a cast iron skillet, fry the slices in 1/2 inch of 375°F oil, until golden brown, flipping once, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to paper towels and drain. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy with the spicy cherry tomato sauce immediately. ...
Crispy Baked Eggplant Recipe - Pepper Bowl
Recipe From : pepperbowl.com2013-01-21 · Bake - The final step to make crispy baked eggplant, grease baking sheet or line it with parchment paper. Arrange the slices, without crowding. them for baking. … ...
Crispy Air Fryer Eggplant | Air Fryer Eats
Recipe From : airfryereats.com2021-01-20 · Wash your eggplant and slice off the ends. Slice your medium eggplant into ¼ inch pieces. Place eggplant on a lipped cookie sheet. Salt the eggplant and let it sit for 15 minutes. ...