An unusual combination of ingredients. Yummy! Serve over rice. You can put rice into the pot to cook with everything else, but add 2 cups chicken broth and simmer 20 minutes until the rice is done. One fewer pot to wash!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by MJodyH
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes; add garlic and continue to cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Stir tomatoes, chicken, red bell pepper, raisins, olives, red wine vinegar, oregano, cumin, and bay leaves into the onion mixture; cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes more. Remove and discard bay leaves before serving.
CUBAN GARLIC CHICKEN
This is straight from Havana, from a restaurant called "Gladys' House". Adapted from a recipe printed in the Chicago Tribune. You can find bottled sour orange juice in Hispanic markets or well-stocked Hispanic aisles in your local grocery store. Cook/prepare time includes marination time of one hour. I'm having a really hard time getting the first ingredient through the Zaar editor, but it's 2, 3-4 lb. chickens, cut into serving pieces
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Hey Jude
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- Place the chicken in a container large enough to hold all the pieces (I used an extra-large zip-loc bag).
- Combine the garlic, sour orange juice, salt, vinegar, pepper, oregano and cumin in a small bowl. pour the marinade evenly over the chicken; cover chicken (or close bag and smush it around); refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat oven to 450°. Arrange chicken in one layer in a roasting pan; pour the marinade evenly over the top of the chicken.
- Roast the chicken in the lower third of the oven, stirring during the last 10 minutes to coat with the sauce, until it is cooked through and the sauce begins to caramelize, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken to a platter, spoon garlic sauce over the pieces.
ONE-PAN CUBAN CHICKEN WITH RICE AND BEANS
Juicy roast chicken thighs are paired with our take on moros y cristianos, the Cuban version of rice and beans, in this easy dinner recipe.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 4 to 6
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large straight-sided ovenproof skillet, brown bacon over medium-high, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon cumin, salt, and pepper. Brown in skillet, turning once, about 10 minutes; transfer to plate.
- Remove fat from skillet. Add oil, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring, until translucent, 3 minutes.
- Add rice, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and oregano. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add broth, beans, and bacon; season with salt and pepper. Nestle in chicken, skin-side up. Bring to a boil, then cover and transfer to oven. Roast until liquid is absorbed and chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes; serve.
BAKED CUBAN CHICKEN
This recipe was inspired by a take-out restaurant in Florida and perfected by my mother. For all of you who are looking for a different way to have your chicken, try this recipe! A favorite in this household. Serve with rice and peas or quartered roast potatoes.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by misskim
Number Of Ingredients: 14
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl. Add onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, allspice, onion powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken pieces, reserving marinade in the bowl. Pan-fry chicken until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Pour reserved marinade on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until juices run clear, about 40 minutes.
Make and share this Cuban Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by KerfuffleUponWincle
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- Place chicken breasts in a gallon sized zip bag or a large bowl with lid.
- In a medium bowl, combine all other ingredients for the marinade. Pour the marinade over the chicken and place in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute the chicken until it is cooked through and no longer pink, and nicely browned outside.
- Garnish with lime wedges; serve with yellow rice and black beans.
weeknight 15-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion north-american lunch fruit poultry caribbean refrigerator chicken stove-top cuban dietary low-carb low-in-something citrus lime meat chicken-breasts taste-mood savory equipment
People also searched
More recipes about cuban chicken
Recipe From : yummly.com... Show details
Recipe From : cook2eatwell.com2020-05-03 · Chicharrones de Pollo is the Cuban food version of fried chicken. In this recipe, dark meat … ... Show details
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comGather the ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the orange zest, lime zest, orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, … ... Show details
Recipe From : spendwithpennies.com2017-11-30 · Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chicken … ... Show details
Recipe From : easychickenrecipes.com2019-06-17 · Instructions Preheat oven at 350F Add in the food processor the orange juice, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, lime zest, cumin, … ... Show details
Recipe From : seriouseats.com2020-04-23 · Directions Using a blender or food processor, purée garlic, orange juice, lime juice, cumin, oregano, black pepper, allspice (if … ... Show details
Recipe From : insanelygoodrecipes.com... Show details
Recipe From : 2cookinmamas.com2021-04-09 · This particular Cuban chicken with onions recipe is super simple to make, takes only 30 minutes, and always comes out tender and moist. Tips & tricks. This chicken is great with just a squeeze of lime and some cumin but it can also be marinated in a mojo-style sauce. See recipe … ... Show details
Recipe From : brit.co... Show details
Recipe From : jerseygirlcooks.com2019-09-23 · Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove the giblets from the chicken, rinse and pat dry. Rub the chicken skin with the garlic and 1 ½ TBS of the Cuban seasoning. Reserve ½ TBS for later. Heat olive oil on medium high heat in a large Dutch oven. Put the chicken … ... Show details
Recipe From : lemonblossoms.com2020-05-12 · Place the chicken in a roasting … ... Show details
Recipe From : themaverickobserver.com2021-07-20 · Background: We love the island, fresh flavor of this Cuban Mojo Chicken recipe. The sauce is key to this dish and you’ll want to let it marinate for at least three hours for optimal results. We cook it in our cast iron skillet, but a sheet pan in the oven works too! Serve it with rice, black beans, or your favorite Cuban side dish. 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 bone-in chicken ... ... Show details
Recipe From : yummly.com2021-07-08 · Cuban Pork Chops Yummly orange juice, lime juice, chopped cilantro, garlic, paprika, light brown sugar and 8 more Juicy Chicken … ... Show details
Recipe From : adrianasbestrecipes.com2020-06-21 · This recipe for the chicken and rice Cuban style is sponsored by Sedano’s Festival of Savings. The opinions and text are all mine. I enjoy shopping at Sedano’s because I find all my favorite products including all the ingredients for the yummy chicken and rice dish called in Spanish “arroz con pollo.” All ingredients for the chicken and rice recipe … ... Show details
Recipe From : pinterest.caFeb 7, 2020 - Explore Yolanda Montalvo's board "Cuban chicken", followed by 127 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about cooking recipes, recipes, mexican food recipes. ... Show details
Recipe From : cubanrecipes.orgThe Arroz con Pollo a la Chorrera (Yellow Rice and Chicken soupy style) is a very popular and one of the most delicious recipes in traditional Cuban … ... Show details
Recipe From : ourhappymess.com2018-06-05 · In a medium bowl, … ... Show details
Recipe From : myrecipes.com2005-02-21 · Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Combine the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, salt, and paprika, and sprinkle evenly over chicken. Coat the chicken with cooking spray. Add chicken … ... Show details
Recipe From : cocoandash.com2019-04-05 · 17 Best Traditional Cuban Recipes (Popular Cuban Food) - IzzyCooking July 15, 2021 at 9:44 am […] Authentic Cuban Chicken Fricassee: Dark chicken meat and potatoes simmered in an incredibly delicious tomato based sauce. For the best result, marinade the chicken … ... Show details
Recipe From : cook2eatwell.com2018-05-05 · Cut 2 carrots and 2 celery … ... Show details
Recipe From : cuban.recipes2018-07-28 · Cut it into pieces and season … ... Show details
Ajiaco Cubano Recipe: Healthy Cuban Soup with Chicken
Recipe From : dobbernationloves.com2020-12-23 · Authentic Ajiaco Cubano is a Cuban Chicken Soup featuring corn on the cob, shredded chicken breast, potatoes and onion. There are several regional versions of Ajiaco in Latin America. Outside of Cuba, the recipe is popular in Colombia and Peru. ...