CUBE STEAK WITH ONION MUSHROOM GRAVY
- Mix flour & pepper and place on a flat plate.
- Add cube steaks covering with mixture well.
- In a large fry pan with a lid, brown the cube steaks in oil.
- Add onions, mushrooms & garlic.
- Saute about 1 miniute.
- Add stock & worcestershire sauce and bring to a low boil, scraping the pan to loosen brown bits.
- Cover pan & lower heat to a low simmer.
- Stirring occasionally.
- Cook 1 1/2 hours. Serves 2-4.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 618.5, Fat 35.4, SaturatedFat 10.4, Cholesterol 138.3, Sodium 536.6, Carbohydrate 19.7, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 3.3, Protein 53.4
CUBE STEAK WITH ONION GRAVY
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge cube steaks in flour mixture; fry steaks until cooked but do not overcook or will become stringy.
- Remove steaks from pan and drain on towels; cover to keep warm.
- Drain off all of fat except for 2 tablespoons.
- Saute onion in skillet till tender;scrape up little bits of meat from pan.
- Add flour and cook with onion till slightly brown.
- Whisk in beef broth and cook till thick and bubbly. If not thick enough mix up a little flour/water and whisk into gravy.
- Cut cube steaks into 1" strips and return to pan with gravy; heat through and serve.
CUBE STEAKS WITH GRAVY
Here's a hearty home-style dinner your family will love after a busy day. The slow-cooked beef is wonderful served over mashed potatoes or noodles. -Judy Long, Limestone, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place flour in shallow dish. Add steaks, 1 or 2 at a time, and turn to coat completely. , In a skillet, cook steaks in oil until lightly browned on each side. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion and 2 cups water. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender. , In a bowl, whisk together gravy mixes with remaining water. Add to slow cooker; cook 30 minutes longer. Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 245 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 64mg cholesterol, Sodium 850mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
LISA'S COUNTRY FRIED CUBE STEAK WITH ONION GRAVY
I cook the pork cube steak and fry them with onions and make gravy and put the steaks in the gravy with onions. My husband loves it and It is so easy to fix it. I fix rice with it. They are so good and tasty.
Provided by Lisa Johnson
Categories Steaks and Chops
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1. Heat oil in a large skillet. Salt and pepper on steaks and dip in flour. Put the steaks in a hot oil skillet on medium-low heat and let the steaks get brown on both sides and put the steaks on a plate and set aside. Put the flour in hot oil and put water in flour mixture in a skillet and let it cook until thickens. Put the slice onions in gravy and put browning sauce in gravy and put the steaks in gravy and let it cook for 45 minutes on simmer and cover until the steaks is tender and done. Make mashed potatoes or rice and put the gravy over mashed potatoes or rice.
More about "cube steak with onion gravy recipes"
OLD FASHIONED BEEF CUBE STEAK WITH TOMATO GRAVY
4.4/5 (13)Category Main DishCuisine American MidwestTotal Time 1 hr
- Pat dry cube steaks with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt & pepper on both sides. Dust with flour on both sides.
- Add cube steaks to the skillet, two at a time, and brown. As the meat browns, remove to a plate or to the skillet's inverted lid.
- Once all the meat is browned, reduce skillet heat to medium. Add onion, sliced pepper, crushed red pepper and garlic. Stir and saute for 5 minutes.
CUBED STEAK WITH ONION GRAVY - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
4.9/5 (55)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main Dish
- Combine flour, garlic salt, and black pepper in a pie plate or shallow dish. Dredge both sides of cubed steak in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Add steak (cooking in 2 batches if necessary). Cook 5 minutes per side. Remove steak from skillet and set aside.
- If you want to thicken the gravy some, add a few teaspoons of leftover flour from dredging the steak to the drippings in the pan.
- Add onion, broth, and onion soup mix to the drippings in the pan. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
EASY CUBE STEAK WITH GRAVY RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 520 per serving See details »
CUBE STEAKS WITH THE BEST MUSHROOM GRAVY - THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.7/5 (20)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 257 per serving
- In a small bowl combine the flour, pepper, salt, onion, powder and garlic powder. Add the cube steak and coat with the flour on each side.
- In a medium sized skillet add the olive oil. Over medium high heat add the cube steak and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- To make the mushroom gravy: Add the olive oil and sliced onions. Sauté for 4-5 minutes and add in the mushrooms until they are tender and mushrooms are golden. Add in the beef broth and onion soup mix and mix until dissolved. Combine the cornstarch and water and whisk in a small bowl. Add to the gravy and mix. Add the cube steaks back to the gravy and let simmer until sauce has started to thicken.
INSTANT POT CUBE STEAK WITH ONION GRAVY - SIMPLY HAPPY FOODIE
5/5 (18)Total Time 45 minsCategory DinnerCalories 649 per serving
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Spread the mixture out on a plate or shallow dish.
- Coat both sides of the cube steaks in the flower mixture (dredge). Gently shake off the excess. Set the steaks aside.
- Brown 2 of the cube steaks on both sides, but don't cook all the way through. Do this again for the remaining two. Set aside.
CUBE STEAK AND MUSHROOM ONION GRAVY - IMMACULATE BITES
5/5 (10)Total Time 25 minsCategory MainCalories 317 per serving
- Heat up skillet or cast iron on medium-high heat. Cook cube steak for about 4-5 minutes each side or until steak is brown. Remove steak and set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat, then add about 2 tablespoons butter, followed by mushrooms, onion, thyme, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and Creole seasoning and sauté 6 minutes or until tender.
BEST CROCK-POT CUBE STEAK RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ... - DELISH
5/5 (9)Servings 4Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 9 hrs 25 mins
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Add to slow cooker along with garlic powder, onion, onion soup mix, and beef broth.
- Set slow cooker to low for 8 hours. 1 hour before you’re ready to serve, mix cold water and cornstarch in a small bowl and stir into slow cooker.
CUBED STEAK, ONION GRAVY - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
4.8/5 (5)Category Main CourseCuisine American, SouthernTotal Time 35 mins
- Mix flour, pepper, salt, and garlic powder in a shallow dish. Coat cubed steak with flour mixture. In a skillet heat oil and cook steak about five minutes on each side until brown and done on inside. Remove steak from pan.
- Add beef broth, onion, and dry onion soup mix to pan and cook until onions are done. Can thicken gravy with a little of the leftover flour if you want it thicker. Serve gravy as a side or pour over steak. Serves 4.
CUBE STEAK WITH ONION GRAVY - RETRO RECIPE BOX
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 589 per serving
- Heat a 12" skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the butter and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Remove to a bowl.
- While the onion is cooking, dredge the cube steaks in the flour (both sides) and shake off the excess. Set aside.
EASY CUBE STEAK IN GRAVY RECIPE - SWEET CS DESIGNS
4.5/5 (83)Total Time 20 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 445 per serving
- Add cube steaks and cook on medium high until well browned on each side, about 4 minutes per side. Remove steaks from pan when browned and set aside.
SLOW COOKER CUBE STEAKS WITH MUSHROOMS, ONIONS AND GRAVY ...
- Line the crock of a slow cooker with a slow cooker liner for easy clean up. Spray the inside with nonstick cooking spray. Place the sliced onions and mushrooms in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag or on a large plate. Add steaks, a few at a time; shake until completely coated.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the steaks, a few at a time, and cook until lightly browned on each side. Place the browned steaks on top of the onions in the slow cooker. Pour 2 c. water over all ingredients.
CUBE STEAK SMOTHERED WITH ONION GRAVY - HAPPY HOMESCHOOL NEST
4.4/5 (43)Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsServings 12Calories 140 per serving See details »
COUNTRY STYLE CUBE STEAK AND GRAVY WITH ONIONS RECIPE ...
See details »
CUBE STEAK RECIPE - THE COZY COOK
4.8/5 (13)Calories 538 per serving
- Gravy Prep: Combine the cornstarch and cold water in a medium bowl and whisk until incorporated and smooth. Add 1 cup chicken broth, 1 cup beef broth, 1 beef bouillon, 1 tsp onion powder, ½ tsp garlic powder and 1 ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Meat Prep: Place saran wrap over each cube steak and use the rough end of a meat tenderizer to pound it thin, about ½ inch thick or so. This really makes a nice difference in the consistency of the meat even though cube steak has already been tenderized.
CROCK POT CUBED STEAK (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
Ratings 140Calories 450 per servingCategory Main Course
- In the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, combine cream of chicken soup, French Onion soup, packet of au jus and water.
ONION GRAVY - THE COZY COOK
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCategory Side DishCalories 372 per serving
- Melt 4 TBS butter in a pot over medium heat and add the sliced onions. Cover partially and let them simmer, soften, and reduce for about 25 minutes. Stir every few minutes and reduce heat if they start cooking too quickly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cornstarch and COLD water together until well-combined. Add the seasonings and beef broth and stir to combine. Store in the fridge until ready for use.
- Once the onions are reduced, whisk the cornstarch/broth/seasonings once more, then add them to the pot. (If the cornstarch has settled to the bottom, a silicone spatula can be used to lift it up.)
BEST CUBE STEAK RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CUBE STEAK
4.3/5 (24)Servings 4Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Mix flour and garlic powder in a large shallow plate and dredge steaks.
"CUBED STEAK WITH ONION GRAVY" - CHOWDOWN LOWDOWN
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
CUBE STEAK RECIPE (WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY) | KITCHN
See details »
COUNTRY FRIED STEAK WITH CARAMELIZED ONION GRAVY RECIPE
See details »
CUBED STEAK WITH ONION GRAVY | TASTY RECIPES
See details »
CUBED STEAK WITH ONION GRAVY - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
See details »
CUBED STEAK & GRAVY CROCKPOT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
See details »
BAKED CUBE STEAK AND GRAVY RECIPE - CUBE STEAK WITH ...
See details »
FRENCH ONION SOUP PACKET - CROCK POT CUBED STEAK WITH ...
See details »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #healthy #beef #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #meat #steaks #number-of-servings
You'll also love