SUMMER SALAD WITH CUMIN-CRUSTED SALMON
For the greatest omega-3 benefit buy the fattiest fish. Try mackerel, anchovies, herring, sardines, salmon, tuna and turbot. Frozen and canned are OK, the USDA says.
Provided by USA WEEKEND columnist Jean Carper
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat a non-stick skillet, add pine nuts and stir until toasty, about 5 minutes. In a large bowl, place all salad ingredients (reserve half of the cilantro and half of the pine nuts for garnish).
- In a separate bowl, stir dressing ingredients together.
- In a bowl, combine cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Cut salmon in 8 strips and coat with spices. Grill (or sear in a non-stick skillet brushed with canola oil) until crusty.
- Toss salad and dressing; divide on plates. Top with salmon and reserved cilantro and pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 638.8 calories, Carbohydrate 37.3 g, Cholesterol 83.8 mg, Fat 39.7 g, Fiber 12.4 g, Protein 37.1 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 1138.7 mg, Sugar 11.6 g
CUMIN-DUSTED SEA BASS ON GREEN RICE
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Make rice:
- Bring water to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan, then add rice, onion, garlic, bay leaf, salt, and pepper to taste. Return to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 15 to 17 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in herbs just before serving.
- Cook fish while rice is cooking:
- Pat fillets dry and sprinkle with cumin and salt and pepper to taste on both sides. Heat oil in a well-seasoned 10-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking, then sear fillets until browned on 1 side, about 5 minutes. Turn fillets over and put skillet in oven. Roast fillets in upper third of oven until just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Make sauce while rice is standing:
- Whisk together broth, juice, molasses, and cornstarch in a small skillet and simmer, whisking, until slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Halve each fillet crosswise and serve over rice. Spoon sauce over and around fish.
More about "cumin dusted salmon fillets recipes"
DUKKAH CRUSTED SALMON FILLET - JULIE GOODWIN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CUMIN-RUBBED SALMON | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION RECIPES
CUMIN DUSTED SALMON FILET RECIPE & SPICES – THE SPICE HOUSE
CUMIN-CRUSTED SABLEFISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (4)Total Time 20 minsServings 4
- Cook cumin seeds in a large skillet over medium heat 2 minutes or until toasted. Place cumin, salt, and pepper in a spice or coffee grinder; process until finely ground. Rub cumin mixture over top and bottom sides of fillets.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add fillets; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Wrap handle of pan with foil. Bake at 375° for 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley; serve with lemon wedges.
CUMIN-DUSTED SALMON FILLETS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (6)Servings 4
CUMIN-DUSTED SALMON FILLETS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Category Very Low CarbsServings 4Total Time 17 mins
ONE VERSATILE SPICE RUB, TWO RECIPES, PART 1: TANDOORI ...
CUMIN-DUSTED SALMON FILLETS RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE ...
CUMIN DUSTED SALMON FILLETS | SALMON FILLETS, COOKING ...
CUMIN-DUSTED SALMON FILLETS - PLAIN.RECIPES
CUMIN DUSTED SALMON FILLETS RECIPE
CUMIN-DUSTED SALMON FILLETS RECIPE | RECIPE | CUMIN ...
CUMIN-DUSTED SALMON FILLETS RECIPE - PINTEREST.CA
RECIPE: APPETIZING CUMIN CRUSTED SALMON FILLETS - CSBSJULIB
CUMIN DUSTED SALMON FILLETS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CUMIN-DUSTED SALMON FILLETS RECIPE
WORLD BEST FILLET COOKING RECIPES : CUMIN-DUSTED SALMON ...
CUMIN-DUSTED SALMON FILLETS RECIPE | MYRECIPES - MASTERCOOK
CUMIN-DUSTED SALMON FILLETS - MASTERCOOK
CUMIN AND SALMON RECIPES (276) - SUPERCOOK
SEAFOOD RECIPES - SPICES & HERBS - PAGE 3 - THE SPICE HOUSE
CUMIN DUSTED SALMON FILLETS RECIPES RECIPE FOR LASAGNA
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #seafood #easy #salmon #fish #dietary #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #saltwater-fish #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long to cook cumin dusted salmon fillets?Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of fish with spice mixture. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat, and add fish. Cook 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
How to cook salmon with cumin and canola oil?Cut the salmon into 4 pieces and coat the strips with the cumin mixture. Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the canola oil. Gently place the salmon in the hot skillet and cook for about 5 minutes. Turn the salmon over and cook the other side for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
How to make cumin crusted salmon on the Mayo Clinic diet?Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the canola oil. Gently place the salmon in the hot skillet and cook for about 5 minutes. Turn the salmon over and cook the other side for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until the fish is cooked through. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
How long to cook salmon filet in cast iron pan?Cook 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. This recipe tends to "stink" up your kitchen, so open a window, turn on the fan, etc. Better yet, if weather permits, use a cast-iron pan and cook it on your outside grill!