BRAISED CARROTS WITH CUMIN AND RED PEPPER
This recipe calls for braising the humble carrot in olive oil and garlic, then seasoning with toasted cumin and red pepper. They taste good hot or at room temperature which makes them ideal for a large dinner party or potluck. Use real carrots and peel your own. Which is not to say that those miniature peeled carrots in bags aren't real, but, convenience aside, they often lack true carrot flavor.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories quick, side dish
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut the carrots lengthwise, or quarter them if you wish.
- Warm the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the carrots and turn them in the oil to coat. Season generously with salt. Add the garlic and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cover the pan. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the carrots are just tender.
- Remove the lid, raise the heat, and let any remaining water cook away.
- Sprinkle the cumin, red pepper and paprika over the carrots and transfer them to an oven-proof serving dish. Serve hot or at room temperature. The carrots may be left at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours, or refrigerated and brought to room temperature, before reheating in a 400-degree oven for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 108, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 335 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams
Carrots make a super side-big on flavor and a breeze to cook. Plus, I can actually get my husband to eat these fragrant, deeply spiced veggies. -Taylor Kiser, Brandon, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a dry small skillet, toast coriander and cumin seeds over medium heat 45-60 seconds or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Cool slightly. Grind in a spice grinder, or with a mortar and pestle, until finely crushed., Place carrots in a large bowl. Add melted coconut oil, garlic, salt, pepper and crushed spices, and toss to coat. Divide carrots between two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray, spreading evenly., Roast 35-40 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly browned, stirring and rotating pans halfway. Before serving, sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 86 calories, Fat 4g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 277mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- Cook 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced carrots in a skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil until beginning to soften, 5 to 7 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups no-sugar-added cranberry juice, 3/4 teaspoon cumin and a pinch each of cinnamon and salt. Simmer, stirring, until tender and glazed, 25 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
CUMIN ROASTED CARROTS
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F, or a grill to high (if you are outside, prepare a campfire). Cut any large carrots in half lengthwise and crosswise.
- Drizzle a large sheet of foil with some oil. Arrange the carrots in a flat, single layer over half the sheet of foil. Drizzle the carrots with more oil and sprinkle with the garlic, cumin and salt and pepper. Top the carrots with the butter and drizzle with the honey. Fold the foil in half over the carrots and fold the edges to seal and form a pouch. To avoid crowding the carrots, make two pouches if necessary.
- Cook the pouch in the oven or on a grill or campfire for 15 minutes. To serve, cut open the pouch tableside and finish with a sprinkle of parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 109 calorie, Fat 6.5 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 8 milligrams, Sodium 206 milligrams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fiber 3.5 grams, Protein 1 grams, Sugar 6 grams
HONEY ROASTED CARROTS WITH CUMIN
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Put carrots into a large sealable plastic bag; add honey, olive oil, cumin, salt and black pepper. Seal the bag and manipulate the contents until the carrots are completely coated; pour into a baking dish.
- Roast in the preheated oven until just tender, or to your desired degree of doneness, 30 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144.7 calories, Carbohydrate 22.2 g, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 0.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 83.9 mg, Sugar 20.1 g
CUMIN-SPICED ROASTED CARROTS
Seasoned with thyme, rosemary, garlic and cumin, these buttery roasted carrots are so tender and full of flavour that they're sure to be the star side of Sunday dinner
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the carrots, thyme, rosemary, garlic, star anise and bay leaf in a saucepan and just cover with water. Season well with sea salt and bring to the boil. Simmer the carrots slowly for about 30 mins until soft and tender, then remove from the heat and allow to cool. Once cooled, remove the carrots from the water with a slotted spoon, pat dry with kitchen paper, transfer to a plate and put in the fridge for 20 mins until completely chilled.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil to just under smoking, then fry the carrots for about 5 mins until golden brown all over. Turn the heat down, add the butter and cumin seeds, roll the carrots around until they are lovely and glossy, then remove and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 63 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
GLAZED CUMIN CARROTS
- Peel carrots and cut into 1/4 inch slices diagonally.
- Heat oil in large skillet and cook garlic and ginger for one minute. Add cumin and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients, starting with 1 cup of broth.
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally. Leave uncovered.
- When all of the liquid has evaporated check if carrots are tender. If they aren't add more broth and continue cooking. They should take about 20 - 25 minutes.
- When done check for seasonings and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147.5, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 0.5, Sodium 388.6, Carbohydrate 27.9, Fiber 6.7, Sugar 14.9, Protein 3.6
Enjoy this tasty new way to serve carrots with your Sunday roast. Cumin is a gently warming spice that goes particularly well with roast lamb
Provided by Tom Kerridge
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Put the carrots in a shallow saucepan and just cover with water. Add the star anise, butter and 1 tsp salt, then bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins until the carrots are just cooked. Leave the carrots to cool a bit in the liquor, then remove and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Roll the carrots in the cumin, patting off any excess.
- Carefully fry the carrots until golden brown. Serve straight away, or keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155 calories, Fat 12 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 1.1 milligram of sodium
CUMIN GLAZED CARROTS
- Cook carrots with oil and cumin in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring, until well coated, about 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, shaking pan occasionally, until liquid is evaporated and carrots are tender and glazed, about 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
CUMIN AND ORANGE GLAZED CARROTS
- Cut out a round from parchment paper to fit just inside a 12-inch heavy skillet (3 inches deep), then set round aside.
- Cut peel, including all white pith, from oranges with a sharp paring knife. Working over a bowl, cut segments free from membranes, letting segments fall into bowl, then squeeze 1/2 cup juice from membranes into another bowl (discard membranes). Chop orange segments and reserve.
- Cut a 1-inch-thick diagonal slice from a carrot and set aside, then roll carrot away from you 90 degrees and cut another 1-inch-thick diagonal slice. (Shape will resemble a trapezoidal log. If carrots are very thick, cut slices in half lengthwise as well). Cut up rest of carrot in same manner, then repeat with remaining carrots.
- Heat oil in skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then add cumin seeds and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add carrots, water, orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cover carrots directly with parchment round and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Remove parchment, then continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid is evaporated and carrots are tender and glazed, about 20 minutes more. Serve warm or at room temperature, sprinkled with chopped orange.
More about "cumin glazed carrots recipes"
HONEY-SPICE GLAZED CARROTS | KITCHEN CONFIDANTE®
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Heat the honey in a pan over medium heat until it is bubbling and has darkened in color, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the sliced carrots and season with cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt. Cook the carrots until they are just fork tender, about 5-10 minutes. Serve warm.
CUMIN-CITRUS ROASTED CARROTS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
4.5/5 (9)Category Side DishServings 6Total Time 40 mins
- In large bowl, mix carrots, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Spread in pan. Roast 25 to 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until browned and tender.
HARISSA-AND-MAPLE-ROASTED CARROTS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
- Preheat oven to 450°. Whisk garlic, oil, maple syrup, harissa, and cumin seeds in a small bowl; season garlic mixture with salt and pepper.
- Toss carrots and lemon with garlic mixture in a large roasting pan to coat; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing occasionally, until carrots are tender and lemons are caramelized, 35–40 minutes.
- DO AHEAD: Carrots can be roasted 6 hours ahead. Let cool; cover and chill. Bring to room temperature or reheat slightly before serving.
CUMIN GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 29 minsServings 4 See details »
SIMPLE ROASTED CARROTS RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
- Place the sliced carrots in a large mixing bowl, and add a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (about 2 tbsp or so.) Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Roast in the heated oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized. Check part-way through and turn carrots over to get even color on both sides.)
ROASTED GLAZED CARROTS, HONEY-LIME AND CUMIN | COOKING ON ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Place carrots on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. You'll be glad you take this step, as you are cooking with a thick glaze. Cleanup will be so easy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, zest and lime juice, salt, cumin, coriander, and paprika. Pour the mixture over the carrots and with tongs, toss to coat.
HONEY AND CUMIN ROAST CARROTS RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
5/5 (3)Servings 8Cuisine British RecipesCategory Fritter Recipes
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°fan/gas 4. Put the carrots in a roasting tin and toss with the oil, cumin, mustard and maple syrup. Cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, stir and roast for 10-15 minutes to glaze and colour. Serve scattered with the thyme leaves and za’atar spice mix, if using.
HONEY AND MAPLE GLAZED CARROTS - NEW SOUTH CHARM
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Start by placing your 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 a cup of honey, maple syrup, salt, pepper, thyme, cumin, and garlic salt in a large bowl.
EASY ROASTED CARROTS WITH CUMIN - VEGETABLE SIDE DISH RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
CUMIN AND HONEY CARROTS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
- Meanwhile, cut carrots on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices. Add the carrots to the water and parboil for 3-4 minutes or until tender on the outside but very firm in the center. Dran and set carrots aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and honey over medium heat. When the mixture is foaming, add the carrots and toss to coat. Season with salt and cumin and cook for 5 minutes or until well glazed. Sprinkle with sesame and cumin seeds, toss once more and serve.
HONEY-GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Raise heat to high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Uncover, turn to high and boil until liquid is mostly evaporated, 10 to 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
HONEY GLAZED CARROTS WITH CUMIN – THE COOK'S DIGEST
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
RECIPE: CUMIN-SICHUAN GLAZED MEATBALLS WITH SCALLION RICE ...
4.2/5 (2.6K)Servings 2Cuisine AsianTotal Time 35 mins See details »
CUMIN ROSEMARY GLAZED CARROTS & PARSNIPS | STRAIGHT FROM ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
CUMIN & DILL MAPLE-GLAZED CARROTS - GLUTENFREEYUMMY.COM
Cook time 30 minutesPrep time 10 minutesDietary Gluten-freeTotal time 40 minutes See details »
CUMIN ROAST CARROTS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
See details »
HONEY-GLAZED CARROTS WITH CUMIN - LYNN'S RECIPES - YOUTUBE
See details »
NORTH AFRICAN SPICED CARROTS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
See details »
You'll also love