- In a medium saucepan add a 2 count of extra-virgin olive oil. Add the red onion, apricots and almonds and saute gently over low heat until translucent and slightly fragrant. Add the couscous then dump in the warm chicken broth. Stir with a fork to combine, add lemon zest and cover. Let sit for 10 minutes, then uncover and add the scallions, mint, and cilantro. Fluff again with a fork. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Serve family-style on a large platter and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Place the couscous in a medium bowl. Melt the butter in the boiling water and pour over the couscous. Cover tightly and allow the couscous to soak for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Whisk together the yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, curry, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Pour over the fluffed couscous, and mix well with a fork. Add the carrots, parsley, currants, almonds, scallions, and red onions, mix well, and season to taste. Serve at room temperature.
CURRIED APRICOT COUSCOUS
As a single working mom, my time is precious, but this dish is so quick, colorful and easy, and it tastes a lot like one I tried in Israel.-Jessica Grettie, Deerfield, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter. Stir in the broth, apricots and curry powder. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. , Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268 calories, Fat 8g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 365mg sodium, Carbohydrate 47g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
CHICKEN & VEGETABLE CURRY COUSCOUS
For my busy family, a partly homemade one-pot meal is the best way to get dinner done in a hurry. Use your favorite blend of frozen veggies and serve with toasted pita bread for smiles all around. -Elizabeth Hokanson, Arborg, Manitoba
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink., Add vegetable blend, water and contents of couscous seasoning packet. Bring to a boil; stir in couscous and raisins. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 311mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
OLIVE, APRICOT, AND PISTACHIO COUSCOUS
- Bring water, salt, and butter to a boil in a small saucepan. Add apricots, olives, and couscous, swirling pan to submerge ingredients. Cover, and remove from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir with fork, then fold in pistachios and lemon juice. Serve immediately.
More about "curried apricot couscous recipes"
SLOW-COOKED APRICOT BEEF RECIPE - VEENA AZMANOV
Ratings 34Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsCategory Dinner, LunchCalories 293 per serving
- If you do not want to use the oven. Continue to cook in the Dutch oven on the stovetop stirring frequently until meat is cooked through and become fork-tender - about 1 to 1 1/2 hour
- Alternatively, transfer to a slow cooker or crockpot, and cook until the meat is fork-tenderTip- You can cook for 6 to 8 hours on low or for 3 to 4 hours on high. Personally, I like cooking on low so the meat is moist, juicy and fork-tender
DRIED APRICOT AND WALNUT COUSCOUS - A.VOGEL
10/10 (1)Servings 6
CURRY CHICKEN SALAD - PINCH AND SWIRL
Ratings 4Calories 491 per servingCategory Main Course, Salad
- To make the dressing, whisk yogurt and curry powder together in a small bowl. Add apricot preserves and whisk until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine chicken, grapes, cashews, and celery in a serving bowl. Pour dressing over and gently stir to coat. Serve as is or scooped over leaves of butter or romaine lettuce and sprinkle with chives. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Serve.
COUSCOUS WITH CHICKEN, CHICKPEAS AND APRICOTS RECIPE ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsServings 4Calories 581 per serving
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous and 1/2 tsp. salt; cover and remove from heat. Let stand until couscous is tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, fluff with a fork and let cool slightly.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice and cumin. Pour over couscous and toss to coat. Stir in chicken, chickpeas, almonds, apricots and scallions. Season with salt and serve over lettuce.
CURRIED COUSCOUS | CURRY COUSCOUS WITH VEGGIES - THIS ...
Cuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 14 minsCategory Side DishCalories 268 per serving
- Place couscous, water, salt, and butter, if using, in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 4 minutes and let sit for one minute. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cucumber, tomatoes, and red onion. Add in couscous. In a small bowl whisk olive oil, curry powder, and lemon juice with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over couscous mixture and toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FRESH APRICOT COUSCOUS SALAD | RECIPE | ELLE REPUBLIC
5/5 (2)Category Side DishCuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 30 mins
- Prepare the couscous according to package instructions. Cover and let stand for about 10-15 minutes. Once the water is absorbed, fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool to room temperature.TIP: generally I like my couscous al dente, so as a general rule of thumb, for 1 cup couscous (200 g) I combine with 1 1/4 cups boiling water (310 ml).
- Add the dressing to the couscous mixture and lightly toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, if desired. Enjoy!
MENDOCINO FARMS CURRIED COUSCOUS WITH ROASTED CAULIFLOWER ...
5/5 (3)Category Side DishServings 6Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add couscous and cook them until lightly toasted, about 3 – 4 minutes. Add 3 1/3 cups water. Season with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5 – 6 minutes, or until the couscous is tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain well and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, curry powder, turmeric, salt, coriander, cumin, & cayenne pepper. Blend well.
APRICOT COUSCOUS - TV CHANNEL | EASY RECIPES, TV SHOWS
Cuisine MoroccanCategory Side-DishServings 4
MOROCCAN APRICOT COUSCOUS RECIPE | THE GRACIOUS PANTRY
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHILTON KITCHEN: MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH APRICOT COUSCOUS
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CURRIED APRICOT COUSCOUS | RECIPE | RECIPES, COUSCOUS, FOOD
17 PEARL COUSCOUS RECIPES - JUST A PINCH RECIPES
CURRIED APRICOT COUSCOUS - TFRECIPES.COM
RECIPE CURRIED APRICOT COUSCOUS RECIPE - YOUTUBE
APRICOT CURRIED COUS-COUS - EVERYONERECIPES
CURRIED APRICOT COUSCOUS
RECIPES > BEANS AND GRAINS > HOW TO MAKE APRICOT COUSCOUS
APRICOT COUSCOUS RECIPES
APRICOT CURRIED COUS-COUS RECIPE • WIKI RECIPES
CURRIED APRICOT COUSCOUS RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
CURRIED APRICOT COUSCOUS RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook couscous with apricots?Put the water and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the couscous, salt, and the spices. Stir several times, cover, and remove the pan from the stove. Let sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add the dried apricots, cover again, and let sit for 5 more minutes.
How to make curried couscous at home?To begin with Curried Couscous, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan and add garlic and onions. Saute for a minute or until the onions are light brown in colour. Now add green beans, peas, celery, spinach and tomato. Cover it with a lid and cook it for 2-3 minutes just to make the vegetables a little tender.
What is couscous salad?A healthy and satisfying curried couscous salad with a wonderful flavor and packed full of healthy ingredients. Quick to assemble, it’s perfect for taking to work for lunch, enjoying as a light dinner or serving as a side dish. There’s a story behind the creation of this dish.
How do you make couscous with chicken broth?Add the red onion, apricots and almonds and saute gently over low heat until translucent and slightly fragrant. Add the couscous then dump in the warm chicken broth. Stir with a fork to combine, add lemon zest and cover. Let sit for 10 minutes, then uncover and add the scallions, mint, and cilantro.