CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a baking sheet, toss cauliflower with vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Spread out, and roast until the florets turn brown, about 25 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder, cauliflower, water, and broth; cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, lower heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer 3 cups cauliflower to a bowl, and set aside. Put remaining florets into a blender or food processor, add 1 teaspoon salt, and process until smooth. Stir puree into broth in pan, and reheat if necessary. Ladle soup into bowls, and top with reserved florets and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 187 g, Fat 10 g, Protein 7 g
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP
It will take you only about 10 minutes to prep the ingredients for this comforting soup. Curry flavors and cauliflower always make a good match.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy soup pot and add the onion. Cook, stirring often, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder and ground cumin and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to a minute. Add the cauliflower, potato or rice, water or stock, and salt to taste and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, purée the soup (or you can use a regular blender, working in batches and placing a kitchen towel over the top to avoid splashing) until it is very smooth. Return to the pot, heat through, add freshly ground pepper and adjust salt. Serve, garnishing each bowl with chopped cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 72, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 841 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP
This creamy cauliflower soup flavored with curry powder and fresh ginger is topped with crunchy, salty cashews.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Melt the butter in a large wide pot or medium Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender, about 8 minutes. Add the cauliflower and curry powder and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the cauliflower is well coated in spice and slightly softened, about 5 minutes more. Add the broth and 2 1/2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until the cauliflower is very tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Puree the soup in the pot with an immersion blender or, working in batches, transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth, being careful not to fill the carafe more than half full per batch (keep the lid cracked to allow steam to escape). Rewarm the soup over medium heat and adjust the seasoning with additional salt and pepper. Ladle into 4 bowls and sprinkle with some cilantro and chopped cashews.
COCONUT CURRY CAULIFLOWER SOUP
When I'm in need of comfort food, I stir up a velvety batch of this Asian-spiced soup. Then I finish it with a sprinkle of cilantro over the top. -Elizabeth DeHart, West Jordan, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add curry paste; cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add cauliflower and broth. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, about 20 minutes., Stir in coconut milk; cook an additional minute. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Puree in batches in a blender or food processor. If desired, top with minced fresh cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 532mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
EASY CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP
I found a really good basic cauliflower soup recipe and modified it. This soup is easy, healthy, and so good! It's really good with a little bit of butter or sour cream as a garnish.
Provided by Stacey Dodd
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion, carrots, red bell pepper, and garlic until tender and softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add cauliflower to vegetable mixture and pour in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Cook soup until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and blend soup using a hand blender until smooth.
- Place pot over low heat and add curry powder, butter, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to soup; simmer until flavors have blended, about 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75.1 calories, Carbohydrate 9.6 g, Cholesterol 4.2 mg, Fat 3.8 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 403.3 mg, Sugar 4 g
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the cauliflower, onion, and garlic on a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Bring vegetable stock, coconut milk, and curry paste to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the roasted vegetables, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Carefully puree the soup in a blender until it has reached your desired consistency, serve, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.2 calories, Carbohydrate 7.9 g, Fat 10.9 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.3 g, Sodium 235.5 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
More about "curried cauliflower soup recipes"
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER AND APPLE SOUP - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine American, IndianCategory SoupsServings 6Calories 201 per serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the curry powder and cinnamon and cook a few minutes more.
- Add the cauliflower, apple, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, and then turn the heat down to a simmer. Cover the pot and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Purée the soup with an immersion blender until completely smooth. (Alternatively, use a standard blender to purée the soup in batches; see note.) Stir in the honey and heavy cream. Bring the soup to a simmer, and then taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and more honey. (For a sweeter soup, you'll need 2-3 tablespoons more honey). Keep the soup warm while you prepare the garnish.
- For the garnish, toss the diced apples with the curry powder. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with a spoonful of curried apples.
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
4.8/5 (125)Total Time 1 hrCategory SoupCalories 221 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the cauliflower with enough coconut oil to lightly coat it (up to 3 tablespoons). Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on a large baking sheet and roast until the tips of the cauliflower are golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven or large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil until shimmering. Add the onion and a dash of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is turning translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the curry paste and lemon zest and stir to incorporate. Raise the heat to medium-high, add the wine, and cook, stirring frequently, until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Add all of the roasted cauliflower stems and half of the florets to the pot. Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk and sugar. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally. Continue simmering for 5 to 10 more minutes to meld the flavors, reducing heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Let the soup cool for a few minutes, then carefully use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. (Or transfer the soup in small batches to a blender, blending until each batch is smooth. Don’t ever fill your blender past the maximum fill line, and beware of the steam escaping from the lid.)
CREAMY CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
5/5 (7)Total Time 35 minsCategory SoupCalories 189 per serving
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, curry powder, cumin and turmeric. Continue to sauté for about 30 seconds, until the garlic is very fragrant.
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.2/5 (37)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 154 per serving
- To make the soup, saute the onion until soft and translucent. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
BEST CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CURRIED ...
Reviews 44Servings 4Cuisine IndianCategory Appetizer
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Category Starters & Nibbles
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsServings 10Calories 82 per serving
- Place cauliflower on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat cauliflower with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until cauliflower begins to brown on the bottom. Turn cauliflower over; bake 5 minutes. Add almonds to pan; bake an additional 5 minutes or until almonds are browned.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add apple; cook 3 minutes. Add curry powder; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in cauliflower, almonds, 4 cups water, salt, pepper, and bay leaf; bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 30 minutes or until cauliflower and apple are very tender. Discard bay leaf. Place half of soup in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining soup. Return soup to pan; stir in half-and-half. Top soup with yogurt and chives; sprinkle with cracked black pepper.
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP – FEASTING AT HOME
5/5 (28)Total Time 35 minsCategory SoupCalories 329 per serving
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottom pot or dutch oven, over medium-high heat. Add onions, saute 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and apple and keep sauteing, turning heat down if need be, until golden and fragrant, about 4-5 minutes. Add cauliflower, veggie broth, curry powder, coriander, turmeric and salt. Stir.
- Add the lime juice, and stir in the coconut milk. (I used about 1/2 of a 14-ounce can, both solids and liquid- feel free to add more coconut milk to taste- personally, it felt too heavy using it all-but up to you! If you do add more, you may need more salt.)
COCONUT CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
4.8/5 (32)Total Time 40 minsCategory Soup
- Put the chopped cauliflower on the baking sheet, drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast the cauliflower for 30 minutes, or until it is soft and dark brown in many spots.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, begin the rest of the soup. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the carrots and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until both the carrots and onion are brown, about 10 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the turmeric and Thai curry paste and cook for 1 more minute. Deglaze the pan with a splash of the stock, scraping the bottom of the pot to remove and dark bits.
- Add the remaining stock and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and gently simmer until the cauliflower has finished cooking. Pull the cauliflower from the oven and add it to the pot (reserve a few small pieces for garnish, if you’d like)
CREAMY CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE - NOURISH PLATE
5/5 (19)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 237 per serving
- Start by breaking the cauliflower into small florets, then spread it in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Roast cauliflower after seasoning it with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Remove from oven when the tips of the cauliflower change their color into golden brown.
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER TOMATO SOUP RECIPE - LAVENDER & MACARONS
Cuisine IndianTotal Time 1 hrCategory SoupCalories 456 per serving
- In a large pot heat olive oil, add onion, carrot and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Sauté stirring occasionally until onion is translucent and vegetables are flavorful, about 7 minutes.
CURRIED ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP - THE HARVEST KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Category SoupServings 6Total Time 1 hr
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP | VEGAN & VEGETARIAN | DELICIOUS ...
4.7/5 (11)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 107 per serving
- Place a large saucepan or stock pot over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the onion, potato and garlic and cook until the onion softens, around 5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, coriander, cumin and chilli and cook stirring for 1 minute or until aromatic before adding the cauliflower and stock. Cover and bring to the boil and then reduce to a medium low simmer. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Using a stick or immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth. Return the to a medium-low heat and stir in 1/3 cup of the yoghurt. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with an extra dollop of yoghurt and crusty bread, or for something slightly different, serve with pappadums.
DR. GUNDRY'S VEGAN CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE | GUNDRYMD
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CREAM OF CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH GINGER AND CURRY | RICARDO
5/5 (122)Total Time 35 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 120 per serving
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
5/5 (3)Category SoupServings 1Total Time 40 mins
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE - TOM KERRIDGE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE – BLENDTEC
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCalories 100 per serving
KETO COCONUT CURRY SOUP - STEP AWAY FROM THE CARBS
RECIPE OF HOMEMADE VEGAN CURRIED CAULIFLOWER AND BEETROOT ...
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER – THE BEST OF BRIDGE
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #soups-stews #vegetables #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #cauliflower #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make curried cauliflower soup?Bring vegetable stock, coconut milk, and curry paste to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the roasted vegetables, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Carefully puree the soup in a blender until it has reached your desired consistency, serve, and enjoy!
How to make cauliflower soup with coconut milk?Add onion; cook and stir until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add curry paste; cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add cauliflower and broth. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, about 20 minutes. Stir in coconut milk; cook an additional minute. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
How do you make cauliflower and Apple soup?Add the curry powder and cinnamon and cook until fragrant. Next, add the cauliflower, chopped apples, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Simmer until the cauliflower is tender. Purée the soup with a hand-held immersion blender until completely smooth and creamy. (Alternatively, you can purée the soup in batches in a standard blender.)
How long do you cook cauliflower soup in a blender?Cook soup until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat and blend soup using a hand blender until smooth. Place pot over low heat and add curry powder, butter, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to soup; simmer until flavors have blended, about 15 minutes more.