DAIKON FETTUCINE WITH TOMATO-BASIL SAUCE
- Using a swivel-blade vegetable peeler, remove outer skin of the daikon and discard. Continue peeling down the length of the daikon, creating long ribbons that look like fettucine noodles. Place daikon noodles in a large bowl and cover with salted water; let soak 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain tomatoes, reserving half the juice in a medium bowl. Squeeze tomatoes with your hands into the bowl of reserved juice; mash to combine. You should have about 2 cups.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and salt. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until sauce is thick, 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain daikon noodles and dry them using a kitchen towel. Gently add noodles to sauce; reduce heat to medium. Cook until noodles are just heated through, about 1 minute. Divide among 3 or 4 serving plates; serve immediately, with cheese, if desired.
FETTUCCINE PASTA RECIPE IN TOMATO BASIL SAUCE
The Fettuccine Pasta Recipe In Tomato Basil Sauce is a summer saver recipe when tomatoes are in full season. The addition of fresh basil along with red ripe tomatoes brings out the burst of flavors in the fettuccine pasta recipe. You can optionally add cream and cheese to the pasta to make it richer to suit your palate. Serve Fettuccine Pasta Recipe In Tomato Basil Sauce along with Pineapple Carpaccio Recipe and Tiramisu Recipe If you like the Fettuccine Pasta Recipe In Tomato Basil Sauce, here are a few pasta recipes you can try Spring Vegetables Tagliatelle Pasta (With Mustard Lemon Basil Sauce) Spaghetti Pasta in Green Olive Pesto Sauce Recipe Pasta in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Recipe Pasta Primavera With Fresh Basil Recipe
Provided by Archana Doshi
Yield Makes: 4 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- To begin making the Fettuccine Pasta Recipe In Tomato Basil Sauce, cook the fettuccine in a pot of hot boiling salted water until al-dente (just cooked). This will take about 10 - 15 minutes to get done.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta over running water in order to stop the cooking process. Drizzle some olive oil over the pasta and toss it well.
- In another pan, boil the tomatoes in hot water until you notice the skin is cracking. Once it done, remove from the hot water. Peel the skin of the tomatoes and puree it in a mixer grinder.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Stir in the pureed tomatoes, chopped basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the sauce to a roaring boil on high heat, then turn the heat to low, and simmer the sauce for about 20 minutes or until you notice the tomatoes and the basil have combined to make a thick sauce.
- Toss the cooked fettuccine pasta with the sauce and turn the heat to high and toss well until the pasta is well coated. Check the salt and pepper and adjust to suit your taste.
- When serving the Fettuccine Pasta Recipe In Tomato Basil Sauce sprinkle some Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese and coarsely pounded black pepper.
- Serve Fettuccine Pasta Recipe In Tomato Basil Sauce along with Pineapple Carpaccio Recipe and Tiramisu Recipe.
TOMATO BASIL FETTUCCINE
"The first time I tried this creamy pasta dish, my husband gave it a 'gold star' rating," notes Martha Hightower from Greenville, North Carolina. "I sometimes add chopped cooked chicken."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and red pepper flakes in butter until onion is tender. Add tomatoes and salt; cook and stir over medium-high heat until most of the liquid is evaporated. , Remove from the heat; let stand for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Drain fettuccine and place in a large bowl. Add the basil, Parmesan cheese and tomato mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 calories, Fat 5g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 507mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ZUCCHINI "FETTUCCINE" WITH TOMATO SAUCE
Skip the carbs and choose raw zucchini pasta, Food Network Magazine's Zucchini "Fettuccine" with Tomato Sauce recipe, as a healthy pasta alternative.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Trim and peel the zucchini, then use a mandoline or a vegetable peeler to thinly slice lengthwise into wide ribbons (stop when you get to the seeds). Cut the ribbons into 1/4-to-1/2-inch-wide strips to make them look like fettuccine. Transfer to a colander and toss with 3/4 teaspoon salt; let drain in the sink, tossing occasionally, about 30 minutes. Rinse well and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, peel the tomatoes using a sharp vegetable peeler, then halve horizontally and squeeze out the seeds. Puree 1 tomato with the olive oil, garlic, jalapeno, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Transfer to a bowl. Chop the remaining 4 tomatoes and add to the bowl; add the pine nuts, basil, oregano, and salt to taste.
- Divide the zucchini among bowls and top with the tomato sauce. Top with more pine nuts and drizzle with olive oil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250 calorie, Fat 20 grams, SaturatedFat 2.5 grams, Cholesterol 0 milligrams, Sodium 161 milligrams, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fiber 3.5 grams, Protein 5 grams, Sugar 8 grams
DAIKON FETTUCCINE WITH TOMATO-BASIL SAUCE
By now, you've probably figured out I am very fond of visual puns. Here ribbons of Daikon, the mild oversized white Japanese radish, pose as pasta. They are tossed with a quick tomato sauce spiked with a generous amount of fresh basil. The dish is light and is best served as a first course.
Provided by Masaharu Morimoto
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- With a swivel-blade vegetable peeler, remove the outer skin of the daikon. Discard the skin. Continue to peel down the length of the vegetable, removing the daikon in long, narrow ribbons, which look like noodles. Soak the "fettuccine" in a bowl of cold salted water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the tomato-basil sauce: Drain the tomatoes, reserving half of the juice. Squeeze the tomatoes through your fingers to mash them and combine with the juice; there will be about 2 cups.
- In a heavy medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until softened but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and their reserved juice, the sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt. Boil vigorously, stirring often, until the sauce is thick, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drain the "noodles" and dry them on a kitchen towel. Add to the sauce and toss gently over medium heat, taking care not to break the "Daikon Fettuccine". Cook just until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Divide among individual plates, teasing the fettuccine into mounds. Serve immediately.
TOMATO AND BASIL PASTA SAUCE
A delicious and fresh tasting pasta sauce. The fresh basil added at the end is essential. This sauce can be left chunky (which I prefer) or blended in a food processor to a smooth sauce. Serve spooned over cooked pasta with plenty of parmesan cheese.
Provided by Carolyn
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook the onion and garlic in the hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir the tomatoes, red pepper flakes, vinegar, and sugar into the onion and garlic mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the flavors blend to your liking, 45 to 60 minutes. Stir the basil into the sauce; season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155 calories, Carbohydrate 14.9 g, Fat 10.5 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 293.1 mg, Sugar 8.9 g
TOMATO BASIL PASTA
- Stir tomatoes, onion, olive oil, garlic, and basil together in a bowl.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook fusilli in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 12 minutes. Drain.
- Toss warm pasta with feta cheese and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Stir tomato mixture into pasta and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 413.9 calories, Carbohydrate 39.5 g, Cholesterol 35.6 mg, Fat 23.4 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 13.3 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 466.5 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
FETTUCCINE, TOMATO, AND BASIL SALAD
I found this on the internet but can't remember where. I love pasta and this is really good. The only cooking required is the pasta. Hope you enjoy.
Provided by gertc96
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Toss pasta with oil, vinegar and cheese; add basil and tomatoes. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
FETTUCCINE WITH ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onions, carrots, celery and garlic in oil about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Add beef; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- Stir in broth, wine, tomato paste, thyme, oregano and tomatoes. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover; cook 5 to 8 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- Stir parsley into sauce. Serve sauce over fettuccine; sprinkle with Parmesan-style topping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Carbohydrate 24 g, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 4 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 350 mg
SPAGHETTI WITH FRESH TOMATO AND BASIL SAUCE
This recipe came to The Times in 2003 from the chef Scott Conant, who was then cooking at his restaurant L'Impero in Manhattan. It is simple, classic Italian fare that makes the most of summer's tomatoes, but you can also make it with hothouse offerings and it will be delicious.
Provided by The New York Times
Categories dinner, weekday, pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Blanch the tomatoes and remove the skins. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cut the tomatoes crosswise. Set aside in a bowl.
- Heat 3 ounces olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until it smokes slightly. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Since the tomatoes will reduce and the salt will be concentrated, it is better to season initially with a lighter hand.
- Chop the tomatoes with a potato masher until they are in fine chunks and all their liquid is released. Be sure they are chopped and crushed fine, for a semichunky sauce. Simmer for 25 minutes over medium heat.
- While the sauce simmers, heat the water for the pasta. Cook the spaghetti in salted water about half of the way cooked. Drain, reserving some of the water.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Add the pasta to the sauce and cook over medium-high heat until all the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is al dente. If the sauce is over-reduced, use the pasta cooking liquid to adjust it.
- At the last moment, remove the pan from the heat; add the extra-virgin olive oil, butter, basil and cheese. Mix thoroughly until the pasta is an orangy color. Taste again and adjust the salt if necessary. Remove to a platter. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 852, UnsaturatedFat 32 grams, Carbohydrate 99 grams, Fat 43 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 21 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 1167 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "daikon fettucine with tomato basil sauce recipes"
SUN-DRIED TOMATO FETTUCCINE ALFREDO - DAMN DELICIOUS
COD RECIPE WITH TOMATO BASIL SAUCE - TO SIMPLY INSPIRE
RECIPE: CHICKEN & FRESH BASIL FETTUCCINE WITH CREAMY TOMATO …
MEATBALLS WITH FETTUCINE AND TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - SHESAID
TOMATO BASIL PASTA SAUCE RECIPE - VINCENZO'S PLATE
FETTUCCINE IN TOMATO SAUCE - EAT SOMETHING VEGAN
RECIPE: FRESH BASIL FETTUCCINE WITH ZUCCHINI, TOMATOES ... - BLUE …
PENNE WITH TOMATO-BASIL SAUCE RECIPE FROM H-E-B
TOMATO BASIL CHICKEN FETTUCCINE - DAMN DELICIOUS
ONE-POT PASTA WITH TOMATO-BASIL SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HOMEMADE FETTUCCINE WITH EASY TOMATO-BASIL SAUCE
FETTUCCINE IN CREAM, TOMATO & BASIL SAUCE - A FAMILY FEAST®
DAIKON FETTUCCINE WITH TOMATO BASIL SAUCE - BLOGGER
QUICK TOMATO BASIL SAUCE – A COUPLE COOKS
CREAMY TOMATO BASIL FETTUCCINE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
TOMATO BASIL PASTA SAUCE (FOR CANNING) - THE KIWI COUNTRY GIRL
LOTS OF FRESH BASIL TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
TOMATO BASIL SAUCE – LAYLITA'S RECIPES
TOMATO BASIL PASTA (IN 20 MINUTES!) – A COUPLE COOKS
FETTUCCINE WITH BASIL-TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
EASY TOMATO BASIL PASTA SAUCE - THE COUNTRY COOK
RACHEL RODDY’S RECIPES FOR EASY SUMMER PASTA | ITALIAN FOOD AND …
FETTUCCINE WITH BASIL CREAM SAUCE - ADD A PINCH
CHINESE DAIKON, CARROT, AND TOMATO BEEF STEW RECIPE
FETTUCCINE WITH LEMON BASIL TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
PASTA WITH FRESH TOMATO-BASIL SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TOMATO BASIL PASTA SAUCE – SPAGHETTI ALLA PORTOFINO (ITALY)
TOMATO BASIL GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE - RECIPES TO NOURISH
FRESH TOMATO BASIL PASTA - SWIRLS OF FLAVOR
CREAMY TOMATO AND BASIL PASTA · EASY FAMILY RECIPES
HOMEMADE TOMATO AND BASIL SPAGHETTI SAUCE - VIKALINKA
TOMATO BASIL FETTUCCINE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
FETTUCCINE WITH CHERRY TOMATO BUTTER SAUCE - SIP AND FEAST
QUICK ROASTED CHERRY TOMATO AND BASIL PASTA - VIKALINKA
HOMEMADE FETTUCCINE NOODLES WITH CREAMY TOMATO BASIL SAUCE …
PASTA WITH TOMATO BASIL SAUCE FROM LANA’S COOKING
TOMATO & BASIL SAUCE - COOKING WITH NONNA
You'll also love