DEVILED OVEN- FRIED CHICKEN
The devil must have made me put so much hot sauce in this chicken dish that it leaves your mouth on fire. Please use less if you want the nice flavor but less heat.
Provided by Geema
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, make the marinade by mixing
- together hot pepper sauce, water, mustard, and pepper.
- Add chicken; cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- While chicken is marinating make the coating.
- In a bowl, place the breadcrumbs, flour, oil, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, cornstarch, salt, sugar and paprika; blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Put the bread crumb mixture in a shallow dish.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the crumb mixture, one piece at a time, turning to coat.
- Place chicken in single layer, in a shallow baking sheet.
- Bake in 400 F oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 and bake 20 minutes more or until chicken is fork tender.
DEVILED FRIED CHICKEN
If you like fried chicken this one is excellent and well worth the time to make! The chicken has to marinate in the buttermilk so you can start it a day or two ahead. this recipe comes from Bon Appetit, 1998.
Provided by Bev I Am
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In 1-gallon resealable plastic bag, mix buttermilk, Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1 teaspoon cayenne and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Seal bag, eliminating air.
- Turn bag to coat chicken evenly.
- Refrigerate at least 1 day and up to 2 days, turning plastic bag occasionally.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, garlic powder, remaining 1 tablespoon onion powder, 4 teaspoons salt, 3 teaspoons dry mustard, 3 teaspoons cayenne and 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper in 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass dish.
- With marinade still clinging to chicken pieces (do not shake off excess), add chicken to flour mixture; turn to coat thickly.
- Let chicken stand in flour mixture for 1 hour, turning chicken occasionally to recoat with flour mixture.
- Pour oil to depth of 1 1/4 inches into deep 10- to 11-inch-diameter pot.
- Attach deep-fry thermometer.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat to 350°F.
- Add 4 pieces of chicken, skinned side down, to oil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and fry 5 minutes, adjusting heat to maintain oil temperature between 280°F and 300°F (oil should bubble constantly around chicken).
- Using wooden spoons, turn chicken over.
- Fry 7 minutes.
- Turn chicken over again.
- Fry until deep golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes longer.
- Using same spoons, transfer chicken to large rack set on baking sheet.
- Reheat oil to 350°F.
- Repeat frying with remaining 4 pieces of chicken.
- Serve chicken warm or at room temperature within 2 hours, or chill up to 1 day and serve cold.
- Serves 4.
FRIED DEVILED EGGS
- Add the eggs to a large saucepan filled with cold water. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let sit in the water for 14 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and slice lengthwise. Remove the yolks to a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, Dijon, lemon zest, chives, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Mash the yolks together with a wooden spoon. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Fill the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add 1 cup of flour and season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat the eggs, in a third bowl, add 1 cup of panko.
- Dip the eggs into the flour, then the egg and finally into the panko. Gently put the eggs into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
DEVILED FRIED CHICKEN
- In 1-gallon resealable plastic bag, mix buttermilk, Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1 teaspoon cayenne and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Add chicken pieces. Seal bag, eliminating air. Turn bag to coat chicken evenly. Refrigerate at least 1 day and up to 2 days, turning plastic bag occasionally.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, garlic powder, remaining 1 tablespoon onion powder, 4 teaspoons salt, 3 teaspoons dry mustard, 3 teaspoons cayenne and 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper in 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass dish. With marinade still clinging to chicken pieces (do not shake off excess), add chicken to flour mixture; turn to coat thickly. Let chicken stand in flour mixture for 1 hour, turning chicken occasionally to recoat with flour mixture.
- Pour oil to depth of 1 1/4 inches into deep 10- to 11-inch-diameter pot. Attach deep-fry thermometer. Heat oil over medium-high heat to 350°F. Add 4 pieces of chicken, skinned side down, to oil. Reduce heat to medium-low and fry 5 minutes, adjusting heat to maintain oil temperature between 280°F and 300°F (oil should bubble constantly around chicken). Using wooden spoons, turn chicken over. Fry 7 minutes. Turn chicken over again. Fry until deep golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes longer. Using same spoons, transfer chicken to large rack set on baking sheet.
- Reheat oil to 350°F. Repeat frying with remaining 4 pieces of chicken. Serve chicken warm or at room temperature within 2 hours, or chill up to 1 day and serve cold.
SOUTHERN STYLE DEEP-FRIED CHICKEN
- In a medium pan, place chicken and cover with milk. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight. This helps tenderize the meat, but is optional
- In a large saucepan over a medium-high heat, using tongs, transfer chicken into pot, then pour in the milk. Bring milk to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low allowing to simmer until the chicken is cooked through entirely, about 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the milk, and place on a rack to cool. Allow them to sit until warm about 15 minutes, and then pat dry using a kitchen towel.
- Heat vegetable shortening in a Dutch oven over high heat just until it's nearly at the smoking point around 325 degrees F.
- In a large zip-lock bag, add salt, flour, cayenne pepper, shake to combine.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 egg.
- Place each piece of chicken, 1 at a time, in the bag and shake to coat the chicken. Then dip chicken into the egg to coat. Place the chicken back into the flour to coat for a second time. Repeat this method on remaining 3 pieces of chicken.
- Gently drop each piece of chicken into hot oil, allowing the skin to crisp and turn golden brown in color, about 1 minute per side. Remove from the oil and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve immediately.
My family has always loved this flavorful golden brown chicken. I watch for frequent sales on leg quarters to keep the cost per serving low. -Linda Trammell, Kingston, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken., Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally with pan juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345 calories, Fat 24g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 125mg cholesterol, Sodium 567mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 30g protein.
EASY DEVILED CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter/margarine and mix in a small bowl with mayonnaise and mustard. Pour mixture into a shallow bowl or plate.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Roll seasoned chicken breasts in mayonnaise mixture, then dip in mixed herbs and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 472.7 calories, Carbohydrate 43.3 g, Cholesterol 81.9 mg, Fat 17.3 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 33.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 1109.4 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
DEVILED CHICKEN LEGS
So-called deviled foods have one element in common: heat. Not necessarily the jalapeno type of heat, but some ingredient that gives them a slight warmth. Applying this technique to chicken legs yields delightful results. Rather than stuffing the legs, though, coat them with a mixture of mustard and chicken broth, then with shallots, garlic, bread crumbs and parsley.
Provided by Pierre Franey
Categories dinner, times classics, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle the chicken legs with salt and pepper.
- In a baking dish large enough to hold the legs in one layer, melt the butter, and add the olive oil. Add the chicken legs, and turn them in the butter mixture until well coated. Place the legs, skin side down, in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the mustard and chicken broth in a small bowl with a whisk. In another small bowl blend well the shallots, garlic and bread crumbs, plus 2 tablespoons parsley. Set aside.
- Loosen the chicken from the pan with a fork or spatula. Then with a pastry brush, brush the chicken on both sides with the mustard mixture. Arrange the legs skin side up, return them to the oven, and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Sprinkle the chicken evenly with the shallot mixture. Reduce the heat to 400 degrees, and bake for 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley.Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 863, UnsaturatedFat 41 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 65 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 58 grams, SaturatedFat 18 grams, Sodium 920 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
DEVILED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in upper third.
- Pat chicken dry, then toss with mustard until evenly coated.
- Stir together panko, cheese, cayenne, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Drizzle with butter and toss.
- Dredge each drumstick in crumb mixture to coat, then arrange, without crowding, in a buttered large 4-sided sheet pan. Roast until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
With a little practice and a little added flavor, a humble chicken breast can be anything you want.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, easy, quick, main course
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 425. Combine 1/3 cup Dijon or coarse mustard, 1/3 cup chopped shallot and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne.
- Spread this mixture over the top of the chicken before putting it in the pan.
- Use any extra mustard mixture to baste the breasts; roast 10 to 15 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Garnish: Chopped parsley.
DEVILED CHICKEN II
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown chicken in oil, then remove from skillet and dip in cracker crumbs to coat; set aside.
- To skillet add vinegar, garlic powder, dry mustard, cumin, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. Stir together and cook until heated through and bubbly, about 7 to 10 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and cook, basting with sauce, for about 10 minutes or until cooked through (no longer pink inside).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414.8 calories, Carbohydrate 19.7 g, Cholesterol 143.8 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 55.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 439.1 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
DEEP-FRIED DEVILED EGGS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: hard-boiled eggs, flour, eggs, panko breadcrumbs, oil, mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, hot sauce, salt, pepper, paprika
Provided by Claire Nolan
Yield 24 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat cooking oil for deep-frying in a medium-size pan over medium heat.
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Gently separate the cooked egg white from the yolk and remove to a medium bowl.
- Coat the cooked egg white in flour, eggs, and panko bread crumbs. Carefully place eggs into the hot oil.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from pan and drain excess oil on a paper towel.
- Add mayonnaise, relish, mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to the yolks and mash until smooth.
- Fill a piping bag or plastic sandwich bag with yolk mixture. Pipe mixture back into the fried egg white and dust with paprika.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 121 calories, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 6 grams, Sugar 0 grams
More about "deviled fried chicken recipes"
DEVILED FRIED CHICKEN – WEAREFROMTHEFARM
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
DEVILED FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 4Total Time 5 hrs
FRIED DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE FRIED DEVILED EGGS
PORTUGUESE FRIED DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
20 IDEAS FOR DEEP FRIED BUFFALO DEVILED EGGS - BEST RECIPES IDEAS …
SRI LANKAN DEVILLED CHICKEN - HUNGRY LANKAN
18 OF OUR FAVORITE FRIED CHICKEN RECIPES | BON APPéTIT
HOT CHICKEN DEVILED EGGS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
DEVILED EGGS WITH FRIED CHICKEN SKIN RECIPE
DEVILED FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BEST DEVILED CHICKEN RECIPE SRI LANKAN (SIMPLE & TASTY)
DEVILED STOVE-TO-OVEN FRIED CHICKEN | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
DEVILLED CHILLI CHICKEN STIR-FRY(SRI LANKAN). | ISLAND SMILE
DEVILED FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
DEVILED OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
DEVILED EGGS WITH FRIED CHICKEN SKINS - THE LOCAL PALATE
OVEN-FRIED DEVILED CHICKEN - PREVENTION
RECIPE FOR DEVILED CHICKEN : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
15 CRAZY-DELICIOUS FRIED CHICKEN RECIPES - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
UNDERWOOD DEVILED CHICKEN RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
DEVILED FRIED CHICKEN » BIG FLAVORS FROM A TINY KITCHEN
EASY DEVILED CHICKEN RECIPE - RESTLESS CHIPOTLE
DEVILED EGGS WITH SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN SKIN | MCCORMICK
BEST DEVILED EGGS RECIPE WITH BUTTER - THERESCIPES.INFO
OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN WITH DEVILED EGG SAUCE - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
DEVILED CHICKEN - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
BLOW YOUR GUESTS AWAY: DEVILED EGG RECIPE WITH FRIED CHICKEN …
FRIED CHICKEN DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CRISPY DEVILED CHICKEN BREAST - THE CAKE CHICA
FRIED DEVILED EGGS - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
FRIED CHICKEN DEVIL SRI LANKAN RECIPE | SIMPLE WAY TO MAKE THE …
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #poultry #1-day-or-more #chicken #deep-fry #stove-top #dietary #meat #chicken-breasts #whole-chicken #equipment #technique
You'll also love