DEVONSHIRE CREAM FOR SCONES
This goes with Recipe #230397 and is also great to serve with trifle or other desserty things instead of straight whipped cream. Excellent poured over fruit salad too.
Provided by Debber
Yield 1 1/2 cups, 4-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Whip cream until soft peaks form; then add powdered sugar and whip to incorporate.
- Add sour cream and continue beating just until fluffy and well-combined.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193.7, Fat 19.5, SaturatedFat 11.8, Cholesterol 63.2, Sodium 45.8, Carbohydrate 4.1, Sugar 3.5, Protein 1.5
EASY DEVONSHIRE CREAM
- In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar and salt. Beat in cream until stiff peaks form. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72.9 calories, Carbohydrate 1.3 g, Cholesterol 26.2 mg, Fat 7.4 g, Protein 0.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 31.1 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
EASY MOCK DEVONSHIRE CREAM
I always serve this tasty no-fuss cream with fresh fruit to usher in a new season. Prepare it the day before for added convenience.-Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3-1/4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in sour cream and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add whipping cream. Beat on medium speed until combined; beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts :
Tender and lightly sweet, cream scones are just right for breakfast or tea. They are delicious with strawberry preserves and cloud-like dollops of softly whipped cream.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 8 to 10
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until largest pieces are the size of small peas.
- Using a fork, whisk together the cream and eggs in a large glass measuring cup. Make a well in the center of flour mixture, and pour in cream mixture. Stir lightly with fork just until the dough comes together (do not overmix).
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface. With floured hands, gently pat dough into a 4 1/2-by-8 1/2-inch rectangle, about 3/4-inch thick. Using a floured 2-inch round cutter, cut out 8 to 10 rounds, and transfer them to lined baking sheet. Brush tops with cream, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake scones until golden brown, 16 to 20 minutes. Transfer scones to wire racks, and let cool. Serve warm or at room temperature, topped with strawberry preserves and whipped cream.
DEVONSHIRE CREAM FOR SKINNY SCONES
This goes great with my Recipe #230397 especially if you're making the basic scone recipe, then you have room to add a few RICH calories like cream cheese! This is excellent as an alternative to regular (boring?) whipped cream on pies or cakes, too.
Provided by Debber
Yield 1 1/2 cups, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Beat whipping cream to stiff peaks; set aside.
- In separate bowl (use the same beaters), whip cream cheese until soft, then add vanilla and sugar & mix well.
- Gently mix/beat the whipping cream and the cream-cheese mixture until nicely fluffed.
- Chill for 2 hours or serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123.2, Fat 12.2, SaturatedFat 7.3, Cholesterol 42.8, Sodium 53.2, Carbohydrate 2.5, Sugar 1.8, Protein 1.2
A yummy, soft devon scone!
Provided by Hayleybee10
Yield Serves 12
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Lightly butter a large baking tray. Preheat your oven to 220c (425F, gas 7)
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a bowl. Rub in the butter with the fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. stir in the sugar.
- Break the egg into a measring jug and make up to 150ml with milk. Beat lighlty to mix. Add to the bowl and mix to a soft dough.
- Lightly knead the dough until smooth. Roll out until 1cm thick, cut into rounds with the pastry cutter, and put on the baking tray. Brush with milk.
- put them into the oven for about 10 minutes until wll risen and golden. cool on a wire rack. serve on the day of making if possible, with butter and jam.
- CHEESE SCONES:
- Omit the sugar, and add 125g grated mature cheddar cheese and 1/2 tsp mustard powder to the dry ingredients before mixing inthe egg and milk. Roll out the dough into a 15cm round and cut it into wedges. Brush with milk, sprinkle with finely grated cheese and bake as directed.
More about "devonshire cream for scones recipes"
LEARN TO MAKE DEVONSHIRE CREAM SCONES FOR AN AUTHENTIC …
Cuisine EnglishCategory DessertsServings 15Total Time 30 mins
- Turn the dough on to a floured board and knead very lightly, just enough to remove any cracks. Using your hands, flatten the dough into a round pancake that is about 2 cm (3/4 in) thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough. I used a 2 inch round scone cutter.
CHEATER'S DEVONSHIRE CREAM RECIPE - FEARLESS FRESH
TRADITIONAL DEVONSHIRE SCONES RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
DEVONSHIRE SCONES: 3 BEST SCONES RECIPES | EPERSIANFOOD
DEVONSHIRE CREAM RECIPE - JOYOFBAKING.COM *TESTED …
EASY HOMEMADE CLOTTED CREAM, DEVONSHIRE CREAM
DEVONSHIRE CREAM: #RECIPE - FINDING OUR WAY NOW
SCONE AND DEVONSHIRE CREAM RECIPES - WHAT MEEGAN …
TRADITIONAL DEVONSHIRE TEA SCONES - BIGOVEN
DEVONSHIRE CREAM SCONES | SCONES RECIPE EASY, SUGAR COOKIES …
DEVONSHIRE CREAM - A TOPPING FOR YOUR SCONE - TEAS THE …
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 16Published 2020-03-16
WHAT IS DEVONSHIRE CREAM? (WITH PICTURES) - DELIGHTED COOKING
THE OLD FASHIONED WAY: CLOTTED CREAM AND SCONE RECIPE
DEVONSHIRE CREAM FOR SCONES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
DEVONSHIRE SCONES RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
DEVONSHIRE CREAM FOR SCONES RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | SCONE …
DEVONSHIRE CREAM FOR SCONES RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | TEA …
SCONES WITH DEVONSHIRE CREAM - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CLOTTED CREAM SCONES RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE MOCK DEVONSHIRE (CLOTTED) CREAM
HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT SCONE BY THE DEVON SCONE COMPANY
RECIPES | MARY BERRY
SCONES WITH DEVONSHIRE CREAM RECIPE | FREE SCONE RECIPES …
TEA ROOM SCONES AND DEVONSHIRE CREAM - LIVING IN THE SHOE
CLASSIC CREAM SCONES RECIPE - QUICK AND EASY!
MOCK DEVONSHIRE CREAM FOR SCONES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CREAM SCONES - TEATIME MAGAZINE
DEVONSHIRE CREAM FOR SKINNY SCONES BEST RECIPES
TRADITIONAL DEVON CREAM. HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK SCONES. A LITTLE …
BEST SCONE RECIPES - HIGH TEA SOCIETY
MAKE DEVONSHIRE SCONES WITH DELIMANN - FROM BRITAIN WITH LOVE
DEVONSHIRE CREAM - HOME - VICTORIAN HOUSE SCONES
SAVOY SCONES WITH DEVONSHIRE CREAM - SIPS, NIBBLES & BITES
WHAT IS DEVONSHIRE CREAM BEST RECIPES
MOCK DEVONSHIRE CREAM SUBSTITUTE RECIPES
ROYAL SCONES AND DEVONSHIRE CREAM - PURPLE CHOCOLAT HOME
EASY MOCK DEVONSHIRE CREAM(CLOTTED CREAM SUBSTITUTE ... - RESTLESS …
SPROUTED ENGLISH SCONES RECIPE & PROBIOTIC DEVONSHIRE CREAM
MOCK CLOTTED CREAM RECIPES
5-MINUTE MOCK DEVONSHIRE CREAM WITH HONEY – BRING ON THE SPICE
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #eggs-dairy #american #easy #european #kid-friendly #english #irish #dietary #low-sodium #scones #low-carb #midwestern #inexpensive #low-in-something #brunch #taste-mood #sweet #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love