ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH HOLLANDAISE
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Trim the woody ends from the asparagus. Spread the spears in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and roll to coat thoroughly. Roast the asparagus until lightly browned and tender, about 10 minutes, giving the pan a good shake about halfway through.
- Meanwhile, put the egg yolk, lemon juice, and cayenne in a blender. Pulse a couple times to combine.
- Put the butter in a small microwave proof bowl and heat in a microwave until just melted. With the blender running, gradually add the melted butter into the egg to make a smooth frothy sauce. If the sauce is really thick blend in a teaspoon of lukewarm water to loosen it up. Season with the salt and serve immediately or keep warm in a small heat-proof bowl set over hot (but not simmering) water until ready to serve.
- Spread the roasted asparagus on a serving platter. Grind a generous amount of pepper over the top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173 calorie, Fat 17 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 3 grams
DIJON ROASTED ASPARAGUS
Asparagus is a natural side dish to serve at Easter. In this mouthwatering recipe, Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper and Asiago cheese provide big, bold flavor. -Jamie Brown-Miller, Napa, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, oil, garlic and cayenne. Place bread in a food processor; cover and process until fine crumbs form. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon mustard mixture., Place asparagus in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; drizzle with remaining mustard mixture. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211 calories, Fat 17g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 419mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl toss the asparagus in the olive oil, and liberally season with salt and pepper. Spread the stalks out on a baking sheet, in a single layer, and roast until tender but still firm and moist, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, vigorously whisk together the mustard and lemon juice. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking quickly to emulsify the olive oil into the juice mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter, toss with the vinaigrette and serve. The dish may be eaten warm or cold.
OVEN ROASTED RED POTATOES AND ASPARAGUS
This garlicky red potato and asparagus dish is easy and delicious served either hot or cold. Rosemary and thyme give it a sophisticated flavor. Try adding a little chopped red pepper, too...yum!
Provided by THREDDIES
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large baking dish, toss the red potatoes with 1/2 the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and 1/2 the kosher salt. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Mix in the asparagus, remaining olive oil, and remaining salt. Cover, and continue cooking 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Remove foil, and continue cooking 5 to 10 minutes, until potatoes are lightly browned. Season with pepper to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149.1 calories, Carbohydrate 23.5 g, Fat 4.9 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 650.5 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS WITH DIJON VINAIGRETTE
- Whisk together mustard, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring frequently, until asparagus are just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. (If the spears begin to brown, reduce heat to low.)
- Transfer asparagus to a serving dish. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, toss, and serve immediately.
ASPARAGUS WITH CREAMY DIJON SAUCE
Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens Diabetic Cookbook. This will dress up your dinner menu! Save the woody ends of the asparagus in the freezer to make Recipe#397862!
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Snap off and discard the woody bases of the fresh aspargus. Cook the fresh asparagus, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Or better yet steam for 8-10 minutes till tender. If frozen, cook according to package directions. Drain asparagus; transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- To make the sauce:.
- In a small saucepan stir together milk and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in mustard and pepper.
- Spoon sauce atop asparagus. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 39.1, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.2, Cholesterol 1, Sodium 50.7, Carbohydrate 6.5, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 1.1, Protein 3.5
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness. Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123 calories, Carbohydrate 5.2 g, Cholesterol 1.7 mg, Fat 10.8 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 471.4 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND POTATOES WITH DIJON BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
From Getting Thin and Loving Food by Kathleen Daelemans. So good you won't know it's good for you. Great with fish, chicken, or steak.
Provided by greeneggs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a lage salad bowl, combine vinegar, shallot, and salt to taste. Let stand 20 minute.
- Place asparagus in a plastic zipper bag with 1 tsp olive oil and shake until well coated. Pour onto cookie sheet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes in same bag used for asparagus, add 1 tsp olive oil and shake until well coated. pour onto second cookie sheet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes and asparagus 15 min or until potatoes are golden and crispy and can be pierced by a fork. Potatoes may take longer than asparagus.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 1 TBS olive oil and dijon mustard into the bowl with the shallot and vinegar. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- When the vegetable are done, add to bowl with dressing. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper and serve.
HONEY-DIJON TURKEY TENDERLOINS WITH FRESH ASPARAGUS
- Sprinkle turkey with thyme and the garlic-pepper seasoning. In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Cook turkey in oil 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned and juice of turkey is clear when center of thickest part is cut (165°F). Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine broth, mustard, honey and cornstarch; set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus to oil; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add cooked turkey and broth mixture. Cook and stir 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Add tomatoes; cook 1 minute longer, stirring constantly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290, Carbohydrate 14 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 37 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 590 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 0 g
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH CRISPY LEEKS AND CAPERS
In this supremely springy recipe, thick asparagus stalks and thinly sliced leeks are glossed with olive oil and covered in salty capers. Everything is roasted in the same pan and emerges tender and golden-edged. Capers also make an appearance in the mustard sauce served alongside, which adds a tangy, mayonnaise-like richness. You can double the recipe, if you wish, though you may have to increase the roasting time by a few minutes to make up for a more-crowded pan. Serve this on its own as a first course, or as an accompaniment to roast chicken, braised meats or seared fish. Just don't use thin asparagus: It'll cook too quickly, before the leeks have a chance to turn golden. Stick with spears that are at least 1/2 inch in diameter.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories vegetables, side dish
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Put asparagus on a rimmed sheet pan and toss with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt until well coated.
- In a small bowl, stir together leeks, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Sprinkle leeks on top of asparagus, then sprinkle with capers. Roast until asparagus are tender and golden brown, about 12 to 18 minutes.
- While the asparagus stalks roast, make the mustard sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, capers and garlic. Slowly whisk in olive oil a few drops at a time to create a thick, emulsified dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once asparagus stalks are out of the oven, squeeze a lemon wedge over it and sprinkle parsley on top. Serve with mustard sauce and more lemon wedges on the side.
More about "dijon roasted asparagus recipes"
EASY PLANT-BASED RECIPES: DIJON ROASTED GARLIC ASPARAGUS
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Spread the asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet and drizzle the dijon mixture over the top and lightly mix. Bake for 10 minutes or until the asparagus is tender. Serve hot.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE WITH DIJON VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 22 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 66 per serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, shallots, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH DIJON-LEMON SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (12)Calories 60 per servingServings 6
- Combine asparagus, 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, and garlic in a large bowl, tossing well to coat. Arrange asparagus mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Combine remaining 2 teaspoons oil, rind, juice, mustard, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Arrange asparagus on a platter; drizzle juice mixture over asparagus. Sprinkle with parsley.
DIJON ROASTED ASPARAGUS - LIFE IN THE LOFTHOUSE
Reviews 4Total Time 25 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
ONE PAN CHICKEN & ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE | THEHUB FROM …
MAPLE DIJON ROASTED CARROTS - CLOSET COOKING
MAPLE DIJON ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED ASPARAGUS WITH DIJON DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE
CRISPY BAKED ASPARAGUS FRIES - RUNNING TO THE KITCHEN®
BEST MUSHROOM BARLEY AND ROASTED ASPARAGUS SALAD RECIPES
ROASTED DIJON ASPARAGUS | EAT. MOVE. SAVE.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH DIJON-LEMON SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
DIJON ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH PARMESAN AND LEMON - RELUCTANT …
ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND PROSCIUTTO CROQUE MADAME.
ROASTED DIJON SALMON AND POTATOES - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
4-INGREDIENT BROWN SUGAR DIJON ROASTED SALMON - THE SEASONED …
ASPARAGUS WITH DIJON-CAPER DRESSING - CHATELAINE
12 ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
20+ BEST ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPES - DELISH
DIJON PORK & ASPARAGUS SAUTé RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
BALSAMIC DIJON ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES - HEALTHY SIDE
WARM DIJON-ROASTED ASPARAGUS & POTATO SALAD - RECIPES
HONEY-MUSTARD GLAZED SALMON WITH ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE
PANKO ROASTED ASPARAGUS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
10 BEST COLD ASPARAGUS SIDE DISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
DIJON ASPARAGUS - BIGOVEN.COM
RECIPE: GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH ROASTED GARLIC VINAIGRETTE
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH BALSAMIC HONEY-DIJON VINAIGRETTE - SIMPLY …
TASTE OF THE OZARKS: ONE-PAN DIJON ROASTED PORK CHOP DINNER
MAPLE DIJON ROASTED ASPARAGUS - CLOSET COOKING
ASPARAGUS WITH PINE NUTS, TARRAGON AND DIJON VINAIGRETTE
BAKED ASPARAGUS WITH PARMESAN - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
ONE PAN ROASTED SALMON, SWEET POTATOES, AND ASPARAGUS
HONEY DIJON ROASTED SALMON & ASPARAGUS | GET INSPIRED EVERYDAY!
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH DIJON-LEMON SAUCE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH EASY DIJON VINAIGRETTE - IFOODREAL.COM
DIJON ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Asparagus and Beets With Dijon Shallot Dressing87 views-06:17
Salmon Dijon and Asparagus295 views-08:11
Roasted Crusted Salmon & Asparagus | Orange Dijon Vinaigrette188 views-05:05
Asparagus Egg and Bacon Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette13K views-00:33
Beth's 15-Minute Chicken Dijon and Asparagus Recipe876K views-14:08
One Sheet Pan Dijon Salmon with Asparagus571 views-01:52
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook asparagus?Combine asparagus, 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, and garlic in a large bowl, tossing well to coat. Arrange asparagus mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
What is roasting roast asparagus?Roasting really intensifies the natural sweetness of the asparagus and onion, and the earthiness of the potatoes. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho Asparagus is a natural side dish to serve at Easter. In this mouthwatering recipe, Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper and Asiago cheese provide big, bold flavor.
How do you make mustard sauce with asparagus?While the asparagus stalks roast, make the mustard sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, capers and garlic. Slowly whisk in olive oil a few drops at a time to create a thick, emulsified dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
How do you make salad dressing with asparagus?Make dressing by whisking olive oil, lemon zest and juice, soy sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. In a large salad bowl, add drained cooked asparagus, eggs, tomato, avocado, almonds, green onion and pour dressing on top.