DIRTY BANANA CAKE
The 'dirt' on this cake is that it's wonderful! Actually, it's the coffee frosting...a 3-layer banana cake filled with banana buttercream and iced with that wickedly dirty frosting...2DIE4!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Place oven rack in bottom third of oven and preheat the oven to 350F; line a 9 X 3 inch round cake pan or springform pan with wax paper and grease the paper; (If using a springform pan that doesnï¿½t seal tightly, wrap the bottom with foil to prevent leakage).
- Make the banana cake: Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; in a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar at medium speed until smooth; add the eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition; in a bowl, mash the bananas with the buttermilk; beat the dry ingredients into the butter at medium speed in two additions, alternating with the bananas (the batter may appear slightly curdled ï¿½ thatï¿½s OK); Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top; bake in the bottom third of the oven for about 1 hour, or until it tests done; (MAKE AHEAD: The cake can be made 1 day ahead; wrap in plastic wrap and store at room temperature.).
- Make the banana buttercream filling: In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and confectionersï¿½ sugar at high speed until pale and thick; meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the milk and banana to a boil over medium heat, whisking occasionally; slowly whisk the hot milk into the egg yolks; pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until thick, about 5 minutes; do not boil; transfer the custard to a medium bowl and let cool briefly, whisking occasionally; then press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the custard and refrigerate until chilled, atleast 3 hours or overnight; bring close to room temperature before continuing, otherwise, your buttercream will curdle. Beat the butter at high speed until fluffy; Reduce the speed to low and gradually mix in the cold banana custard; beat at medium speed until fluffy, then beat in the espresso.
- Assemble the cake: Split the cake into 3 equal layers (they will be quite thin); place one layer on a cake plate and cover with half of the banana buttercream filling; top with a second cake layer and the remaining filling; place the third cake layer on top, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
- Make the coffee frosting: In a large, heatproof bowl, beat the sugar and egg whites until mixed; place the bowl over a large saucepan of simmering water; do not let the bowl touch the water; heat the mixture, whisking occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes; remove from the heat and beat at high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes; Beat the meringue at medium speed until cool to the touch, about 5 minutes; Beat in the butter several pieces at a time, waiting until they are incorporated before adding more; whip the frosting until fluffy; (if the frosting appears lumpy, beat at high speed until smooth; If the mixture is soft and runny, refrigerate for 6-8 minutes, then beat again) beat in the espresso and vanilla until blended; set aside ½ cup of the frosting for decorating; spread the remaining frosting on the sides and top of the cake; with the reserved frosting, using a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, pipe 8 rosettes on the top edge of the cake; Place 1 chocolate-covered espresso bean in the center of each rosette; to serve: Slice gently with a serrated cake knife (MAKE AHEAD: the cake can be refrigerate for 1 day; let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving).
DIRT CAKE I
This is a great conversation piece at parties. Adults love it as much as the children do. Get a new garden trowel, medium sized flower pot and artificial flower at a craft store for full effect.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Tammy Hooper
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Chop cookies very fine in food processor. The white cream will disappear.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in bowl.
- In a large bowl mix milk, pudding and whipped topping together.
- Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together.
- Layer in flower pot, starting with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Add artificial flower and trowel. Enjoy!
SURPRISE BANANA CAKE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- Cream together the butter or margarine and the sugar.
- Add eggs, bananas, flour, soda, salt, nuts, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly and pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Cool and frost cake.
DIRTY BANANA TRIFLE
What could be better than bananas, cookies and Kahlua? You can adjust this to suit your taste, depending on whether you like a stronger or weaker Kahlua flavor. -Laurie Handlin, Ocean View, Delaware
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 24 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, beat 1 package cream cheese and 1 can condensed milk until blended. Beat in Kahlua, 1/2 cup milk and chocolate pudding mixes until thickened, about 2 minutes. Fold in 1 carton whipped topping, then chocolate graham crackers. Set aside., In another large bowl, beat remaining cream cheese and condensed milk until blended. Beat in the remaining 2 cups milk and the banana pudding mixes until thickened, about 2 minutes. Fold in 1 carton whipped topping, vanilla wafers and bananas., Spread chocolate pudding mixture in the bottom of a 6- or 7-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl. Layer with 1-1/2 cups whipped topping and banana pudding mixture; top with remaining 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate overnight., Garnish with additional wafers, crushed chocolate graham crackers and sliced bananas before serving.
DIRTY BANANA TRIFLE
- Divide sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese between 2 bowls. Blend each mixture until combined.
- Add 2 cups milk and both banana pudding mixes to one bowl; stir until thickened. Fold in 1/2 of the sliced bananas, 1/2 of the 12-ounce container of whipped topping, and 1/2 of the wafers.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup milk and coffee liqueur to the second bowl. Stir in chocolate pudding mixes until thickened. Fold in remaining 6 ounces whipped topping and graham crackers.
- Spread the coffee-chocolate pudding over the bottom of a glass trifle bowl. Layer on 1/2 of the 8-ounce container of whipped topping. Add banana pudding. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
THE BEST BANANA CAKE
This banana cake is delectably moist, perfectly sweet and easy to make. Dark brown sugar and sour cream add depth to the batter, and we added melted butter instead of vegetable oil for a flavor boost. Fluffy cream cheese frosting and swirls of dulce de leche will make you go back for seconds. We also upped the ante by using bananas in two ways -- fresh bananas are mixed into the cake while maple-candied banana chips create a crunchy topping.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan (see Cook's Note) with aluminum foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the two longer sides. Lightly spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- For the cake, mash the bananas in a large bowl with a fork or potato masher until very smooth. Whisk in the dark brown sugar, melted butter, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until smooth and combined. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the banana mixture in thirds until just combined. Pour into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Leave the cake in the pan to cool slightly, about 30 minutes. Use the foil overhang to remove the cake from the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat the butter, cream cheese and salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Reduce to low speed, then add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Transfer 1/2 cup of the frosting to a small bowl and stir in the dulce de leche until smooth. Cover both frostings with plastic wrap and keep at room temperature until ready to assemble the cake.
- For the candied banana chips, warm the maple syrup in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until it just starts bubbling. Add the banana chips and cook, tossing and stirring frequently with a rubber spatula, until the chips have absorbed almost all the maple syrup and are browned in spots, 3 to 4 minutes. Immediately transfer the banana chips to a baking sheet, spread in an even layer and cool completely. Once cool, roughly chop.
- Transfer the cake to a serving platter. Spread about 3/4 cup plain cream cheese frosting all over the top of the cake.
- Dollop the dulce de leche frosting and remaining plain frosting on top, then use a small offset spatula to swirl both frostings together in a swooping design, making sure the frosting goes all the way to the edges of the cake. Top with the chopped candied banana chips.
EASY DIRTY BANANA
This dirty banana drink tastes like a milkshake, an adult milkshake! And it's made with only 4 ingredients! Instead of using ice, which will water it down, I use a frozen banana which thickens it and gives it a creamy taste.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Yoly
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine banana, milk, coffee-flavored liqueur, rum, and cinnamon in a blender; blend until smooth.
People also searched
More recipes about "dirty banana cake"
EASY BANANA CAKE RECIPE (W/ CREAM CHEESE FROSTING ...
2020-04-13 · Banana Cake Cupcakes: Make Banana Cake Cupcakes by lining a muffin tin with cupcake liners and bake for 18-22 minutes. Banana Cake Bundt Cake: Pour Banana Cake batter into a greased bundt pan and bake for 55-65 minutes. Cover with foil after 30 minutes to keep from getting too browned. MORE EASY BANANA RECIPES: Easy Banana …
- Whisk together the bananas, dark brown sugar, sugar, sour cream, vegetable oil and eggs until smooth.
SIMPLE BANANA CAKE RECIPE | BEST BANANA CAKE - RECIPE VIBES
2020-04-01 · Measure out all ingredients and bring to room temperature. Lightly grease the cake pans and line with baking paper/parchment paper. Set pans aside and preheat oven at temperature of 175C /gas mark 4 or 160C for fan oven. Add the banana …
- Lightly grease the cake pans and line with baking paper/parchment paper. Set pans aside and preheat oven at temperature of 175C /gas mark 4 or 160C for fan oven.
DIRTY BANANA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Gather the ingredients. Put 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of ice in the blender container. Add the white rum, Kahlúa, banana-flavored liqueur, light cream, whole milk, and ripe banana and cover. Blend until smooth, increasing the speed as necessary to thoroughly pulverize the ice.
BANANA CAKE RECIPE (SOFT & MOIST) - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
10 BEST BANANA CAKE DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
lemon juice, sugar, vanilla, salt, mashed banana, eggs, cake crumbs and 1 more Apple Cinnamon Orange Rice Cake Dessert As receitas lá de casa Orange, ground cinnamon, rice crackers, apple, yellow raisins No-Bake Banana Split Cake Dessert Brown Eyed …
See details ››
10 BEST MOIST BANANA CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-15 · Moist Banana Cake My Baking Addiction sugar, unsalted butter, buttermilk, salt, cream cheese, powdered sugar and 8 more Moist Banana cake PK's Kitchen Equations vanilla extract, bananas, milk, yogurt, flax seed, whole wheat flour and 6 more
See details ››
10 BEST DIRTY BANANA DRINK RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-18 · Wacky Waikiki Shakes Breyers. Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, milk, bananas, pineapple juice. Protein Blender Blast Receitas Da Felicidade! honey, cinnamon, bananas, pineapple, almond milk, pippin apples and 2 more.
See details ››
10 BEST BANANA CAKE WITH CAKE MIX RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-18 · The Best Banana Cake with Banana Frosting The Domestic Rebel. brown sugar, yellow cake mix, water, banana extract, oil, ground cinnamon and 10 more.
See details ››
10 BEST BANANA CAKE DAIRY FREE RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-17 · Best-Ever Banana Cake Best Recipes Australia bananas, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, oil, eggs, self raising flour Flourless Chocolate Banana Cake Elana's Pantry large eggs, bananas, agave nectar, sea salt, grapeseed oil, cacao powder
See details ››
THE BEST BANANA CAKE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
2013-11-12 · Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan. Place 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice in a measuring cup. Top to 1 ½ cups with milk. Set aside. Mix together mashed banana with 1 …
- Beat together butter, brown and white sugar until combined. Add in eggs one at a time and vanilla. Mix on high until light and fluffy (almost the texture of frosting).
THE MOST AMAZING BANANA CAKE RECIPE - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
2019-05-01 · Grease a 9×13-inch pan. In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set it aside. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together …
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter, sugar, and oil on medium speed for 3-4 minutes until fluffy. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl occasionally. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add mashed bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla extract and beat until combined. With the mixer on low speed, add half of the dry ingredients and beat just until combined, then add the rest of the dry ingredients and beat just until combined. Do not overmix, the less you mix, the lighter the cake will be.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 35-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool to room temperature. Frost cake with cream cheese frosting.
EASY BANANA CAKE - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
2018-02-20 · Top this banana cake recipe with cream cheese frosting and extra bananas and serve! Prep Time 15 minutes. Cook Time 46 minutes. Total Time 1 hour 1 minute. Ingredients. Banana Cake: 1 ½ cups mashed banana …
- To make the cake, mash the bananas with a potato masher or the back of a fork in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment of a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter on high speed until light and creamy, 1-2 minutes. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on high speed again for -3 minutes until light and fluffy. Scrape down sides of the bowl as needed.
THE BEST BANANA CAKE I'VE EVER HAD | SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
2016-08-10 · Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 9×13 inch pan. Make the cake: Mash the bananas. I usually just use my mixer for this! Set mashed bananas aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy – about 1 minute. Add both sugars and beat on high speed for 2 minutes until creamed together. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Add the eggs and the vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed until combined, then beat in the mashed bananas. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl as needed. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the buttermilk and mixing each addition just until incorporated. Do not overmix. The batter will be slightly thick and a few lumps is OK.
BANANA CAKE - THE BEST BANANA CAKE RECIPE - RASA MALAYSIA
2020-03-16 · Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a square cake pan (8" x 8" or 9" x 9") OR a regular loaf pan OR two mini loaf pans with butter. Line the pan (s) with parchment paper. Mash the overripe bananas …
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a square cake pan (8" x 8" or 9" x 9") OR a regular loaf pan OR two mini loaf pans with butter. Line the pan(s) with parchment paper.
- Add the eggs into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed (speed 5) for 1 minute and then increase to the highest speed (speed 10) for 2 minutes. The egg should become bubbly and foamy. Add the sugar and beat on the highest speed for 3 minutes. The egg and sugar mixture should be foamy, as pictured below.
THE BEST EVER BANANA CAKE RECIPE | SUGAR AND SOUL
2019-09-01 · How To Make Banana Cake: Preheat oven to 275 degrees F and grease and flour a 9×13-inch metal cake pan. In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and then pour lemon juice on top; …
DIRTY BANANA FROZEN COCKTAIL RECIPE | SUGAR AND SOUL
2019-05-11 · This Dirty Banana cocktail recipe is a dangerously delicious and boozy frozen drink recipe loaded with rum, banana, coffee, and chocolate flavors! Ready to serve in just 5 minutes!
- Drizzle a bit of chocolate syrup in your glasses before pouring in the cocktail and topping with whipped cream and maraschino cherries. Serve with a straw.
DIRTY BANANA CAKE RECIPE - TRACEY SEAMAN | FOOD & WINE
Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In the large bowl of a standing electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar at medium speed until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time,...
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 9-by-3-inch round cake pan or springform pan with wax paper and grease the paper. (If using a springform pan that doesn't seal tightly, wrap the bottom in foil to prevent leakage.)
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In the large bowl of a standing electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar at medium speed until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition. In a bowl, mash the bananas with the buttermilk. Beat the dry ingredients into the butter at medium speed in two additions, alternating with the bananas. (The batter may appear slightly curdled.)
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake in the bottom third of the oven for about 1 hour, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks and confectioners' sugar at high speed until pale and thick. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the milk and banana to a boil over moderate heat, whisking occasionally. Slowly whisk the hot milk into the egg yolks. Pour the mixture into the saucepan and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until thick, about 5 minutes; do not boil. Transfer the custard to a medium bowl and let cool briefly, whisking occasionally; then press a piece of wax paper directly on the surface and refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours or overnight.
LAYERED BANANA PUDDING CAKE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
2019-03-20 · For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease only the bottom of a Pyrex 9X13 inch Deep Baking Dish. Set out a large mixing bowl. Pour the cake mix into the bowl. Add the mashed bananas, eggs, oil, and water.
BANANA CAKE RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Banana Cake Recipes. We love baking with bananas, and it's no surprise why: They taste amazing in just about everything! Here are the cakes we go bananas for, including a banana tres leches cake and a banana, marshmallow and peanut butter poke cake that's completely divine. 1. 2.
See details ››
BANANA CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
This simple recipe is a combination of banana cheesecake and banana cream pie all rolled into one dessert! It uses an Oreo®-cookie crust instead of the traditional graham cracker crust, adding a bit of a chocolate accent. Plus, it uses fat-free cream cheese, but proves to taste rich and creamy for a banana-y treat! Garnish with whipped cream and sliced bananas, if desired.
See details ››
BANANA CAKE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
See details ››