PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND SHRIMP
Fat-free half-and-half makes this elegant pasta dish rich and creamy, yet ideal for diabetic meal plans.
Provided by EatingWell Test Kitchen
Categories Quick & Easy Pasta Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the asparagus for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta mixture and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and dried thyme (if using). Cook and stir for 10 seconds. Add shrimp; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque, stirring frequently. Stir in half-and-half; reduce heat. Heat through. Remove from heat.
- Add shrimp mixture and fresh thyme (if using) to the pasta mixture in pan. Toss to coat. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.1 calories, Carbohydrate 38.5 g, Cholesterol 130.3 mg, Fat 6.4 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 25.1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 156.9 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
EASY AND TASTY PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. Add cooked shrimp. Cook until shrimp is heated through and pasta is tender yet firm to the bite, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and red pepper flakes; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and continue to cook until asparagus is tender yet firm to the bite, another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and shrimp; transfer to a large serving bowl. Add cooked asparagus and Parmesan cheese; stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 535 calories, Carbohydrate 58.3 g, Cholesterol 150.5 mg, Fat 21.7 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 28.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 252.4 mg, Sugar 4 g
ASPARAGUS SHRIMP LINGUINE
My family really enjoys asparagus and shrimp. We often have this on busy weeknights because its healthy and cooks quickly. -Ehnes Wannetta, Eagle Bend, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan, cook linguine according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes of cooking., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp and garlic; cook 2-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in broth; cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Add Swiss cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper; stir until cheese is melted., Drain linguine and asparagus, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Stir linguine and asparagus into shrimp mixture, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 444 calories, Fat 16g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 221mg cholesterol, Sodium 685mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ASPARAGUS 'N' SHRIMP WITH ANGEL HAIR
We've all heard that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, so when I plan a romantic dinner, this shrimp asparagus pasta with angel hair is one dish I like to serve. It's easy on the budget and turns out perfectly for two. -Shari Neff, Takoma Park, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper flakes. In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; stir-fry until pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove; keep warm. , In same skillet, stir-fry the next 5 ingredients in remaining oil until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add wine and seasonings. Return shrimp to pan., Drain pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss gently. Cook and stir until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 488 calories, Fat 19g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 132mg cholesterol, Sodium 584mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS
- Boil water for pasta. Cook as you are preparing the garlic/asparagus sauce.
- In a skillet, cook garlic, pepper flakes, and hot sauce in heated oil and butter for 2-3 minutes. Add asparagus, salt and pepper and saute until asparagus is crisp tender, about 8 minutes. If you want to add about a half pound fresh shrimp, now is the time and saute it with the asparagus. Add chicken broth and freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese and mix well. Pour over hot pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 572.7, Fat 28.3, SaturatedFat 7.5, Cholesterol 81.3, Sodium 434.8, Carbohydrate 62.6, Fiber 5.9, Sugar 4.8, Protein 19.3
LINGUINE WITH SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; sautée until opaque in center, about 2 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to bowl. Add shallots and asparagus to saucepan; sautée until shallots are tender and slightly brown, about 3 minutes. Add plum tomatoes, cream, vodka and sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer until tomatoes are tender, about 4 minutes. Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain well, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta and reserved cooking liquid to pot. Add sauce; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
EASY PARMESAN PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS
I actually came up with this recipe to use up some left-over steamed asparagus I had in the fridge. Feel free to add any other veggie of your choice or combination of veggies. Broccoli would work well, as would peas. Update...made this the other day and added uncooked shrimp in the beginning. That was pretty awesome!
Provided by Meekocu2
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, add olive oil, butter, crushed red pepper, italian seasoning, parsley, and garlic. Cook over low heat until garlic is soft, about 5 minutes. Do not burn garlic.
- When the garlic is soft, add the asparagus and tomato.
- Stir until combined.
- Add cooked pasta and parmesan.
- Mix well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
More about "easy and tasty pasta with shrimp and asparagus recipes"
RECIPE: CREAMY ASPARAGUS AND SHRIMP PASTA - KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CREAMY SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
10 BEST PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS RECIPES - YUMMLY
HEALTHY SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS PASTA RECIPE - SALT & LAVENDER
ANGEL HAIR PASTA WITH SHRIMP, ASPARAGUS AND BASIL - RECIPE GIRL®
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP RECIPE WITH ASPARAGUS - EATWELL101
SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS SKILLET | THE RECIPE CRITIC
ASPARAGUS SHRIMP PASTA DINNER - EASY PEASY MEALS
16 QUICK AND EASY SHRIMP AND PASTA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
JAPANESE PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS 海老とアスパ …
BEST LEMONY SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS SPAGHETTI RECIPE - DELISH
BEST GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE - EASY SHRIMP DISH WITH
LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS - BAKER BY NATURE
PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (1)Calories 425 per servingTotal Time 40 mins
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact, if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Trim woody ends off asparagus. Remove tips and set aside. Bias-slice the stalks into 1- to 1-1/2-inch pieces. Set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to pan; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook and stir garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 15 seconds. Add tomato and tomato paste; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus stalks, wine, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in shrimp and asparagus tips. Cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes more or until shrimp turn opaque. Stir in butter until melted.
BEST SIDE DISHES FOR SHRIMP - 31 SIDE DISHES FOR SHRIMP
CREAMY LEMON SHRIMP PASTA WITH SPRING VEGETABLES - SIMPLY …
SHEET PAN SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
SHEET PAN SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS - COOKING CLASSY
FAST SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS PASTA - BIGOVEN
8 EASY SHRIMP PASTA RECIPES - IMMACULATE BITES
10 BEST PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
DELICIOUS BUTTER GARLIC SHRIMP PASTA | BEST FOR A SPECIAL DINNER
ONE-POT SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS FRA DIAVOLO RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
68 EASY AND TASTY ASPARAGUS SHRIMP RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
EASY SHRIMP PESTO PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO
THE BEST EASY SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS SKILLET RECIPE
CREAMY TOMATO BASIL SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
GARLICKY PASTA WITH GRILLED SHRIMP & ASPARAGUS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
GARLIC SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS OVER ZUCCHINI NOODLE PASTA
21 PERFECT DISHES TO SERVE WITH GRILLED SHRIMP
OUR BEST SHRIMP RECIPES - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
10 BEST SHRIMP PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED SHRIMP AND PASTA - THERESCIPES.INFO
SHRIMP PESTO PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS - COOKING CLASSY
SHRIMP SCAMPI PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
EASY CREAMY GARLIC SHRIMP RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
SHRIMP, ASPARAGUS, AND PENNE PASTA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY VEGAN DINNER RECIPES PASTA - THERESCIPES.INFO
15 ASPARAGUS PASTA RECIPES YOU'LL WANT TO MAKE ON REPEAT
PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS - KROGER
15 EASY BUT ELEGANT SHRIMP PASTA RECIPES THAT WILL LIVEN UP YOUR …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook shrimp and pasta in a pan?Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. Add cooked shrimp. Cook until shrimp is heated through and pasta is tender yet firm to the bite, 2 to 3 minutes. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and red pepper flakes; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
How long does it take to cook shrimp and asparagus?Add garlic and stir until fragrant, then add asparagus and cook until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until pink, 3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
How to cook asparagus pasta with garlic?In a large skillet, add olive oil, butter, crushed red pepper, italian seasoning, parsley, and garlic. Cook over low heat until garlic is soft, about 5 minutes. Do not burn garlic. When the garlic is soft, add the asparagus and tomato. Stir until combined. Add cooked pasta and parmesan. Mix well.
What is Japanese-style pasta with shrimp and asparagus?Seasoned with soy sauce and flavorful dashi broth, this Japanese-style Pasta with Shrimp and Asparagus is incredibly delicious and ready in less than 30 minutes! It’s also gluten-free!