BROCCOLI CHEESE QUINOA SOUP
From "Quinoa 365 the Everyday Superfoods" by Patricia Green & Carolyn Hemming. I have put the recipe as written below but i have a few adjustments. I would add more cheese, but i like stuff really cheesey. It seemed to have more cheese flavour the 2nd day so keep that in mind if you are making it a day ahead. Don't salt until you've added the cheese since this can have a lot of salt in it. MAKE SURE that when you add the quinoa and stock and turn it down that it is actually simmering. Mine wasn't and then I had to turn it up and cook it longer after the specified time.
Provided by LizzieLou
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Separate the broccoli into smaller, bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Melt butter n a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, quinoa and chicken stock into the saucepan. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for about 18 minutes, until quinoa is tender.
- Puree the cooked mixture with a hand blender or cool slightly and pure in 2 batches in a blender of food processor.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and add the cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat the soup on low heat, being careful not to boil it. When the soup is hot, stir in the cheese until just melted and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 479.3, Fat 40.9, SaturatedFat 25.2, Cholesterol 136.8, Sodium 255.9, Carbohydrate 18.1, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 3.1, Protein 12.9
EASY BROCCOLI QUINOA SOUP
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli, water, quinoa, and chicken bouillon cubes to the onion mixture; bring to a boil stirring to dissolve the bouillon cubes. Place a cover on the skillet, reduce heat to low, and simmer until quinoa is fluffy, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir evaporated milk and flour into the quinoa. Increase heat and bring the mixture to a boil; cook and stir until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 194.7 calories, Carbohydrate 29.9 g, Cholesterol 2.5 mg, Fat 4.2 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 9.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 470 mg, Sugar 7.9 g
QUINOA AND VEGETABLE SOUP
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat; cook and stir onion, garlic, carrot, and celery until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add parsley, basil, bay leaf, thyme, chicken broth, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until heated through, 10 minutes.
- Stir cabbage, kidney beans, and quinoa into the soup. Cover and simmer until quinoa is tender, 30 minutes. Garnish each serving with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279.7 calories, Carbohydrate 31.8 g, Cholesterol 23.5 mg, Fat 12.4 g, Fiber 8.5 g, Protein 11.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 1922.7 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
EASY BROCCOLI SOUP
I saw this being made on TV (AWW) and thought it looked really good. On the programme they said to serve with toasted slices of french bread which were topped with crumbled blue cheese and grilled. I didn't have any on hand so I topped mine with parmesan cheese. I also, the second time round added some chopped bacon and simmered for another 15mins after I had blended the soup. You could also top each bowl of soup with a spoon of cream for a special occasion.
Provided by Jen T
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large deep pan heat the oil over medium and add the onion & garlic.
- Cook gently until softened for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potato, broccoli and stock and bring to the boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer for 20 mins until vegetables are cooked.
- Either pour into a blender and blend or use a stick blender in pan to make a smooth mixture.
- If using a blender add soup back to the pan and heat gently.
- It is at this point you can add the chopped bacon and simmer til bacon is cooked, about 15mins, then check seasoning.
- If not adding the bacon, check seasoning and add salt & pepper to taste & reheat gently.
- Serve in nice bowls with slices of french bread which have been toasted on one side, turned over and topped with either blue cheese or whatever cheese you have on hand and grilled for a few mins til melted & crispy, on the side.
- Note: cooking time does not include the extra time for the bacon addition.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212, Fat 9, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 12.3, Sodium 442.4, Carbohydrate 23.6, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 6.6, Protein 10.7
More about "easy broccoli quinoa soup recipes"
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook quinoa in soup?Directions. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Heat oil in a heavy 4-quart pot. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in vegetable stock, broccoli, sweet potato, and salt. Bring soup to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until broccoli and sweet potato are very tender,...
How to cook quinoa and broccoli casserole?Transfer the quinoa mixture into a lightly greased casserole dish, add the broccoli florets and spread the rest of the cheese on top. Sprinkle with the "breadcrumbs". Reduce the heat of the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and bake the casserole for about 15-20 minutes.
How to cook fresh Broccoli and zucchini for Soup?Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Once hot add the zucchini, carrots, onion and garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant. Season with salt and pepper. Add the broccoli, raw cashews, vegetable broth, and water. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the broccoli is soft.
How do you make Broccoli and sweet potato soup?Heat oil in a heavy 4-quart pot. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in vegetable stock, broccoli, sweet potato, and salt. Bring soup to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until broccoli and sweet potato are very tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove soup from the heat. Puree with a hand-held immersion blender until smooth.