TOMATO & ONION RELISH
Perfect relish for hot dogs, Bruschetta, grilled fish or chicken!
Provided by Melissa
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Serve over your grilled fish, chicken, Brushetta, fish tacos, or hot dogs! Enjoy!
GREEN TOMATO RELISH
This delicious, tangy relish of green tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, and spices, is perfect with sandwiches, potatoes, cheese, and lots of other entrees. A jar of this makes a great gift, too!
Provided by Linda McDaniel
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a grinder or food processor, coarsely grind tomatoes, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, and onions. (You may need to do this in batches.) Line a large colander with cheesecloth, place in sink or in a large bowl, and pour in tomato mixture to drain for 1 hour.
- In a large, non-aluminum stockpot, combine tomato mixture, celery seed, mustard seed, salt, sugar, and vinegar. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sterilize enough jars and lids to hold relish (12 one-pint jars, or 6 one-quart jars). Pack relish into sterilized jars, making sure there are no spaces or air pockets. Fill jars all the way to top. Screw on lids.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with boiling water. Carefully lower jars into pot using a holder. Leave a 2 inch space between jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary, until tops of jars are covered by 2 inches of water. Bring water to a full boil, then cover and process for 30 minutes.
- Remove jars from pot and place on cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press top of each lid with finger, ensuring that seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Relish can be stored for up to a year.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 31.8 calories, Carbohydrate 7.6 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 0.5 g, Sodium 40.1 mg, Sugar 6.7 g
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, vinegar, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and mixture is shiny, about 20 minutes (if the onions begin to brown, reduce heat to medium-low). Serve warm or at room temperature.
EASY TOMATO ONION RELISH
This is a condiment for sandwiches, hamburgers, or hot dogs. Also can be a great topping for cooked fish, chicken, or beef. You can adjust the sweetness with the amount of sugar.
Provided by Recipe Reader
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large skillet, combine the olive oil and the red onion over medium low heat. Cook until softened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Lower the heat, and add the tomatoes, brown sugar, and vinegar. Cook until thickened, about 10 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 76.1, Fat 3.6, SaturatedFat 0.5, Sodium 8.9, Carbohydrate 10.5, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 8.1, Protein 1.2
GARDEN TOMATO RELISH
What a great way to use your garden harvest-and have a tasty relish on hand for hotdogs, hamburgers and other dishes. Why not share a jar with a friend or neighbor? -Kelly Martel, Tillsonburg, Onario
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 10 pints.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add tomatoes, a few at a time; boil for 30 seconds. Drain and immediately place tomatoes in ice water. Drain and pat dry; peel and finely chop. Place in a stockpot. Add onions and peppers., Place mustard and celery seed on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add spice bag and the remaining ingredients to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 60-75 minutes or until slightly thickened. Discard spice bag., Carefully ladle relish into hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process in boiling-water canner for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts :
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until tender. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 138, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 460 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams
FRESH TOMATO RELISH
My two grown sons actually eat this as a salad, but that's a bit too hot for me! The recipe's from my late husband's mother, and I haven't varied it over the years. I usually make a batch as soon as the first tomatoes of the season are ready. -Lela Baskins, Windsor, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 6 pints.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan, bring vinegar and sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool completely. , In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; add vinegar mixture and mix well. Spoon into storage containers, allowing 1/2-in. headspace. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 12 months. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 9 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 151mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
FRESH TOMATO, RED ONION AND BASIL RELISH
- Use fully ripened fresh tomatoes; core and chop coarsely.
- In a saucepan, bring vinegar to a simmer.
- Add onions and garlic; simmer until softened, 3 to 5 minutes; cool.
- In a bowl, gently combine tomatoes with basil, cumin, coriander, mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil; stir in onion mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve over grilled fish, asparagus, baked potatoes, black bean cakes, or other fish, poultry and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 594.8, Fat 39.9, SaturatedFat 5.4, Sodium 2390, Carbohydrate 55.5, Fiber 14.8, Sugar 31.1, Protein 12.1
QUICK TOMATO RELISH
- In a mixing bowl, toss together 1kg diced, ripe on-the-vine plum tomatoes, 2 diced red onions, 150ml extra virgin olive oil and 2 tsp flaky sea salt. Tip onto a baking tray and place under a hot grill for 5-10 mins or until charred.
- Tip back into the bowl, stir in 2 grated garlic cloves and 3 tbsp small capers and leave to cool for 10 mins. Stir in 3 tbsp chopped parsley and 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 17 calories, Fat 2 grams fat, Carbohydrate 1 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
GREEN TOMATO AND RED ONION RELISH
Provided by Jill Silverman Hough
Categories Sauce Onion Tomato Side Low Fat Low Cal Backyard BBQ Vinegar Spice Grill/Barbecue Healthy Low Cholesterol Party Potluck Bon Appétit Vegan Vegetarian Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes about six 1/2 -pint jars
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine tomatoes, onions, peppers, and 1/4 cup coarse kosher salt in large glass bowl. Stir to mix. Cover and let stand in cool place at least 12 hours and up to 1 day, stirring occasionally.
- Drain tomato mixture in large colander. Rinse with cold water; let drain well, at least 30 minutes. Using hands, squeeze any excess liquid from tomato mixture.
- Combine tomato mixture, 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, and next 5 ingredients in large pot. Stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until almost all liquid evaporates, stirring frequently, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Ladle mixture into 6 hot clean 1/2-pint glass canning jars, leaving 1/2-inch space at top of jars. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar threads and rims with clean damp cloth. Cover with hot lids; apply screw bands. Process jars in pot of boiling water 10 minutes. Cool jars completely. Store in cool dark place up to 1 year.
SWEET TOMATO RELISH
- Combine tomatoes, apples, onions, sugar, vinegar, and pickling spice bundle in a large pot; bring to a boil and cook together about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack the tomato mixture into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 40 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 41.7 calories, Carbohydrate 10.5 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 0.5 g, Sodium 2.4 mg, Sugar 9.1 g
More about "easy tomato onion relish recipes"
TOMATO RELISH - REAL RECIPES FROM MUMS - MOUTHS OF …
10 BEST SWEET TOMATO RELISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY TOMATO RELISH RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
10 BEST TOMATO RELISH CANNING RECIPES | YUMMLY
TOMATO RELISH RECIPE | COOKING WITH NANA LING
4.9/5 (9)Calories 530 per servingCategory Condiment
TOMATO RELISH RECIPE - BOWL ME OVER
TOMATO RELISH | WOOLWORTHS TASTE
TOMATO AND ONION RELISH - YOUR RECIPE BLOG
GREEN TOMATO RELISH RECIPE | EATINGWELL
FRESH TOMATO RELISH - A SOUTHERN SOUL
CHERRY TOMATO RELISH WITH STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS | EAT, LITTLE BIRD
EASY TOMATO RELISH RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TOMATO AND ONION RELISH RECIPE | SAFEFOOD
17 EASY RELISH RECIPES TO MAKE YOUR FOOD SING - INSANELY GOOD
TOP 50 GREEN TOMATO RELISH RECIPE EASY-RECIPES
TOMATO - ONION RELISH - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
TOMATO-GREEN ONION RELISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SWEET TOMATO RELISH: AN EASY CANNING RECIPE - THE CRAFTIEST …
TOMATO-CUCUMBER RELISH RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
SPICY TOMATO ONION RELISH RECIPE - RECIPES.TIMESOFINDIA.COM
SOUTH AFRICAN TOMATO AND ONION RELISH RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
FRESH TOMATO AND ONION RELISH | CANADIAN LIVING
EASY TOMATO RELISH RECIPE - FOOD NEWS - FOODNEWSNEWS.COM
TOMATO AND RED ONION RELISH | SLIMMING EATS
EASY TOMATO ONION RELISH RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT TOMATO RELISH | THE NEFF KITCHEN
TOMATO ONION RELISH - YOU WON'T BELIEVE HOW EASY & TASTY THIS IS!
TOMATO RELISH RECIPE CWA - EASY RECIPES
TOMATO AND ONION RELISH TO GO WITH SAUSAGES - LAVENDER AND LIME
QUICK AND EASY TOMATO RELISH : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
TOMATO AND ONION RELISH - FOOD24
TANGY TOMATO AND ONION RELISH - THE 4 BLADES
TOMATO AND ONION RELISH - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #condiments-etc #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #tomatoes #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love