EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) WITH TAHINI YOGURT DRESSING
Middle eastern side dish that is another one of my standbys. This is best enjoyed with pita bread and just use the bread as your spoon/fork.
Provided by chef FIFI
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Peel eggplant.
- Slice eggplant into circles.
- Salt eggplant to help eggplant not absorb so much oil.
- Let frying oil get hot and fry until eggplant gets golden brown.
- Let eggplant drain.
- In a mortar and pestle or mini food processor, add salt, garlic and jalepeno pepper and chop until a fine paste.
- Then add to lemon juice.
- Then add tahini.
- Stir very well until smooth which will take several minutes.
- Then add yogurt and water and stir until all is blended.
- Arrange eggplant on a plate and drizzle dressing over the eggplant.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179.3, Fat 10.8, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 3.5, Sodium 419.1, Carbohydrate 18.4, Fiber 8.2, Sugar 6, Protein 6.5
FIRE-ROASTED EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) WITH YOGURT
A smoky, delicious eggplant dish that works equally well as a side dish, as a salad or as a dip with crackers. This version is from the western state of Maharashtra in India.
Provided by Ruta4400
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Smoke the eggplant.
- This can be done under the broiler, on an open flame or on an outdoor grill.
- First wash the eggplant and dry thoroughly.
- Using a small knife, pierce the skin all over and rub lightly with the 1 tbsp of oil.
- Place the eggplant on an open flame or under the broiler.
- Turn frequently so it blackens evenly on all sides.
- It is ready when soft and collapses on itself when touched (in 20 to 25 minutes.) Remove in a bowl and set aside.
- While the eggplant is cooling, prepare the yogurt.
- In a serving dish, lightly beat the yogurt with a pinch of sugar and salt to taste.
- Then stir in the chopped onion and cilantro and the (optional) green chili.
- When completely cool, skin the eggplant.
- The skin should peel off easily, leaving the wonderful smoky flesh behind.
- Do not discard the juices that have collected in the bowl.
- Add the juices and the skinned eggplant to the yogurt mixture and combine well.
- Do not mash the eggplant; the naturally lumpy texture is desirable.
- Now make the hot oil dressing.
- Place the chili powder or paprika in a small pile on the eggplant-yogurt mix.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet or butter warmer.
- (Keep a spatter-screen or lid handy.) When the oil just begins to smoke, add the mustard seeds, cover immediately and remove from heat.
- The seeds will pop wildly; do not panic!
- When they stop sputtering, uncover and pour this hot oil dressing directly on the chili powder.
- Do not blend the dressing into the yogurt-instead, swirl it in decoratively just before serving.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
GRIDDLED AUBERGINES WITH SESAME DRESSING
Dress chargrilled aubergine with tahini, garlic, coriander and yoghurt for a versatile veggie side dish that you can cook on the hob or bbq
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Lunch, Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Brush each aubergine slice with some oil, then season. Heat a griddle pan or barbecue. When hot, griddle the aubergine slices for 2-3 mins on each side until golden brown and tender.
- Mix the yogurt with the tahini, garlic, lemon juice and herbs, then season. Top the aubergines with the dressing and scatter over extra herb leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 194 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 6 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
BAKED AUBERGINES WITH CORIANDER YOGURT DRESSING
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Leaving the stem on, cut the aubergine in half lengthways and score the flesh deeply with a sharp knife in a criss-cross fashion. Place in a shallow baking dish. Mix the olive oil and lemon juice then brush over the scored surface of the aubergine. Season with freshly ground black pepper and bake uncovered for 25-30 mins, until the flesh is tender.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a large bowl, pour over the boiling stock and leave to soak for 10 mins until all the stock is absorbed. Fluff up with a fork, then stir the apricots, tomatoes, spring onions and pine nuts into the couscous. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and toss well together.
- Remove the aubergine from the oven and scoop out the flesh, taking care to keep the skins intact. Chop the flesh and toss into the couscous mixture. Place the aubergine skins back in the baking dish and spoon the couscous mix into them, piling it up to hold a generous amount in each. Scatter any left over couscous mix around the edge of the dish.
- Return to the oven for 10 mins to heat through while you mix all the dressing ingredients together - add a drop of water if the dressing is too thick. To serve, heap the loose couscous mix under the stuffed aubergines so they're propped up on a slant. Drizzle over dressing and serve with mixed leaf salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 49 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 12 grams protein, Sodium 1.05 milligram of sodium
More about "eggplant aubergine with tahini yogurt dressing recipes"
ROASTED AUBERGINE (EGGPLANT) - SANDHYA'S KITCHEN
5/5 (6)Category Side DishCuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 55 mins
- Slice the Aubergine in length into 2 half boats. Score Criss Cross lines, making sure not to cut through the skin.
- To a small bowl, add Olive Oil, 1 Tsp of Lemon Juice and mix well. Coat the oil over the sliced Aubergine on the top and on the outer skin. Season well with salt and some pepper.
- Place the aubergine boats, flesh side up in a roasting dish and bake for 40 minutes. Check at 30 minutes if the flesh has softened. If not, continue to bake until 40 minutes. Remove the Baked Aubergine from the oven and allow it to cool. Again drizzle some Olive Oil on the roasted Aubergine.
GARLICKY ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH CITRUS TAHINI DRESSING - TWO SPOONS
HARISSA EGGPLANT RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED EGGPLANT RECIPE WITH SUMAC-TAHINI SAUCE - CHATELAINE
ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH TAHINI, PINE NUTS, AND LENTILS RECIPE
ROASTED AUBERGINE (EGGPLANT) WITH TAHINI DRESSING - YUMMYPROOF
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TAHINI & YOGURT DIP RECIPE
AUBERGINE WITH BULGUR WHEAT AND TAHINI - LAZY CAT KITCHEN
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH GARLICKY TAHINI-YOGURT SAUCE RECIPE …
ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH TAHINI & POMEGRANATE - JAMIE GELLER
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TAHINI AND YOGHURT DRESSING RECIPE | GOOD …
EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) WITH TAHINI YOGURT DRESSING
ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH CURRIED YOGURT | OTTOLENGHI SIMPLE
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH HARISSA TAHINI SAUCE - DISHING OUT HEALTH
EGGPLANT WITH TAHINI-YOGHURT DRESSING | COOK (ALMOST) ANYTHING AT …
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH YOGHURT SAUCE - RECIPETIN EATS
ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH TAHINI YOGURT SAUCE | DON'T GO BACON MY …
GARLIC TAHINI EGGPLANT - MAUREEN ABOOD
ROASTED AUBERGINE WITH TAHINI DRESSING AND HAZELNUTS
AUBERGINE SALAD WITH TAHINI - AMIRA'S PANTRY
CHARRED EGGPLANT WITH ZHOUG AND TAHINI YOGURT - DASH OF DELIGHT
ROASTED AUBERGINE WITH HERBED TAHINI YOGURT & CRISPY CHICKPEAS
WHAT'S FOR DINNER? ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH YOGURT-TAHINI DRESSING
GRILLED EGGPLANT NAAN WRAPS & TAHINI-YOGURT DRESSING RECIPE
EGGPLANT AND TAHINI AND YOGURT RECIPES (31) - SUPERCOOK
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TAHINI SAUCE - THE LEMON BOWL®
TURKISH ROASTED EGGPLANT IN YOGURT - RECIPES ARE SIMPLE
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH TAHINI AND YOGURT RECIPE - KUALI
EGGPLANT YOGURT RECIPE (TURKISH EGGPLANT DIP) - FOOLPROOF LIVING
BAKED EGGPLANT WITH TAHINI YOGURT - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH CARAMELIZED TAHINI AND CUCUMBER-YOGURT …
TAHINI YOGURT DRESSING - A CEDAR SPOON
ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH TAHINI - CAROLINE'S COOKING
VEGETARIAN STUFFED EGGPLANT (EASY MEDITERRANEAN RECIPE)
ROASTED EGGPLANT WITH TAHINI YOGHURT, HERB SALSA AND QUINOA
BULGUR STUFFED EGGPLANT ~ FRESH HERBS & TAHINI-YOGURT DRIZZLE
ROASTED BEETROOT AND AUBERGINE WITH TAHINI YOGURT RECIPE
GRIDDLED AUBERGINE WITH TAHINI DRESSING - REBEL RECIPES
ROAST AUBERGINES WITH TAHINI DRESSING - WAITROSE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook eggplant with tahini paste?2 Tablespoons tahini paste. 2-3 Tablespoons lime juice. 1 Tablespoon water. 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin. salt to taste. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add eggplant and oil, cook for 10-15 minutes until eggplant are nicely browned.
How to make the perfect aubergine salad?Cut the aubergines widthways into 1cm slices. Lightly brush both sides with oil, season well and place in a single layer on the prepared tray. Roast for 20-30 minutes, turning halfway through, until tender. 3. Meanwhile, whisk together the tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, 4 tbsp water, honey, garlic and pul biber into a smooth dressing.
How do you make the perfect eggplant salad?Add two good pinches of salt and briefly grind together. Grate the garlic on a Microplane and add to the cumin. Add the tahini, yoghurt and lemon juice, mix well. 4. Lie the eggplant on a serving dish. Spoon the dressing over, then scatter over the mint, chillies and pomegranate seeds.
How to cook eggplant with cumin?The eggplant should be just cooked but still holding its shape. 3. In a mortar and pestle, grind the cumin seeds coarsely. Add two good pinches of salt and briefly grind together. Grate the garlic on a Microplane and add to the cumin. Add the tahini, yoghurt and lemon juice, mix well. 4. Lie the eggplant on a serving dish.