EGGPLANT AND ASPARAGUS NAPOLEONS
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- For the vegetables: Place a grill pan over medium-high heat, or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the eggplant until tender, about 4 minutes each side. Grill the asparagus for 3 to 4 minutes, turning occasionally until crisp-tender. When cool enough to handle, cut the asparagus in half crosswise.
- For the filling: In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, basil, Pecorino Romano, lemon zest, and lemon juice until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To assemble: Place 4 slices eggplant on a work surface. Spread each with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture. Line 4 pieces of asparagus, side-by-side, on top. Place another slice of eggplant on top and repeat the layers. Top each napoleon with a slice of eggplant and place on a small baking sheet. Bake until warmed through, about 10 minutes, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288 calorie, Fat 19 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Cholesterol 62 milligrams, Sodium 457 milligrams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 19 grams, Sugar 5 grams
Delicious, elegant, and flavorful layered eggplant dish. Wonderful presentation for guests! Delicious alongside pasta with fresh tomato and basil sauce. Enjoy!
Provided by Brooke Elizabeth
Categories Fruits and Vegetables Vegetables Eggplant
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Whisk eggs together in a deep container. Pour bread crumbs in another deep container.
- Dip each slice of eggplant into the eggs, covering both sides, and press into the bread crumbs until evenly coated.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Arrange a layer of eggplant slices in the skillet; cook until crispy, 2 to 4 minutes. Spray tops with cooking spray and flip; continue cooking until second side is browned and eggplant is tender, 2 to 4 minutes more. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Arrange a layer of eggplant slices in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Top each slice with a basil leaf, 1 tomato slice, and 1 slice of mozzarella cheese. Place another eggplant slice on top. Cover with remaining tomato and mozzarella cheese slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is softened, but not melted, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 405.9 calories, Carbohydrate 35.5 g, Cholesterol 230.9 mg, Fat 19.3 g, Fiber 8.5 g, Protein 23.2 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 686 mg, Sugar 9.5 g
Provided by Rawia Bishara
Categories Tomato Fry Vegetarian Eggplant Breadcrumbs
Yield Makes 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Arrange the eggplant slices on two sheet pans, sprinkle with salt, and set aside for 30 minutes or until they begin to sweat. Using a paper towel, pat the slices dry and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pesto, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice. Toss in the eggplant to coat and let marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Dump the flour onto a shallow rimmed plate. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites and 1 cup of water. Combine the panko, Parmigiano-Reggiano, parsley and pepper on a second shallow rimmed plate.
- Spread a sheet of waxed paper on a clean work surface. Working with one slice of eggplant at a time, dredge it in the flour first, shaking off the excess, and then dip it in the egg mixture followed by the breadcrumbs. Gently press the breadcrumbs onto both sides of the eggplant and place on the waxed paper. Repeat with the remaining eggplant slices.
- Pour at least 2 inches of corn oil into a small, deep pot. Heat the oil over high until hot but not smoking. Working in batches, fry the eggplant slices until golden, turning once, 3 to 5 minutes. Do not crowd the pot. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggplant slices to a paper towel-lined platter to drain.
- Place an eggplant slice on a small plate. Spread with 2 tablespoons of the baba ghanouj, top with a second eggplant slice and spread 1 tablespoon of baba ghanouj on top. Repeat layering in this order with the remaining eggplant slices and baba ghanouj to make eight to ten eggplant stacks.
- Just before serving, toss together the salad: In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl, whisk together the pesto, lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Drizzle just enough of the pesto mixture over the tomato-onion mixture to thoroughly coat. Spoon some salad around each napoleon and drizzle the napoleons with some of the dressing left in the bottom of the bowl. Serve immediately.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place one eggplant on a baking sheet, and roast for one hour. Allow to cool. Slice in half lengthwise, and scoop pulp into a medium mixing bowl. Add olive oil to bowl, and blend well with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and reserve.
- Slice remaining eggplant into disks about 1/8 inch thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, beat eggs with a fork until blended. Dip each eggplant slice in the flour, egg and then the bread crumbs.
- In a medium saucepan, heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees. Add eggplant in small batches, and saute until brown on both sides, about a minute a side. Remove from pan, and drain on paper towels.
- To assemble, place a slice of eggplant on each of four plates, topped by a heaping tablespoon of reserved eggplant puree. Top with another slice of eggplant and another spoonful of puree, continuing until the eggplant and puree have been evenly distributed. Finish each napoleon with a slice of eggplant; there will be a total of four to six layers. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1063, UnsaturatedFat 66 grams, Carbohydrate 78 grams, Fat 77 grams, Fiber 12 grams, Protein 18 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 1083 milligrams, Sugar 14 grams, TransFat 0 grams
INDIAN LAMB-AND-EGGPLANT NAPOLEON
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories dinner, lunch, appetizer, main course
Yield Four servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Dice the eggplant, sprinkle it with salt and set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they start to smell aromatic and pop, about 1 to 2 minutes, add the onions. Saute until the onions are tender, about 5 minutes, then add the chili. Stir in the lamb. Continue to saute until the lamb has lost its red color and is finely broken up, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Drain and rinse the eggplant. Pat the pieces dry on paper towels. Reheat the lamb mixture in the skillet, add 1 more tablespoon of the oil and add the eggplant. Cook, stirring, until the eggplant has lost its dryness, about 10 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes. Cover and simmer until the eggplant is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper and set aside until ready to serve.
- Combine the ginger, coriander and yogurt and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or skillet. Add one of the pappadums. As soon as it begins to curl, about 15 to 20 seconds, turn it over using tongs or chopsticks. Flatten it in the pan and cook another few seconds. It should not darken. Drain on paper towels and repeat with the remaining pappadums.
- To assemble, reheat the eggplant and lamb mixture. Place a pappadum on each of 4 plates, top with a quarter of the lamb mixture, then cover with another pappadum. Spoon some of the yogurt mixture on top and serve with steamed rice, if desired.
EGGPLANT & TOMATO NAPOLEONS
Watch our Eggplant & Tomato Napoleons video and learn to make tasty fried eggplant. These fried eggplant slices are extra cheesy with two kinds of cheese.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp. dressing over tomatoes in shallow dish; set aside. Beat egg and water in pie plate until well blended. Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan in separate pie plate. Combine mozzarella, remaining dressing and basil.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Meanwhile, dip each eggplant slice in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, turning to evenly to coat both sides of each slice. Add, in batches, to skillet; cook 3 to 4 min. on each side or until golden brown, adding remaining oil as needed. Transfer to plate.
- Place 1 eggplant slice on each of 4 serving plates; top each with 1 tomato slice and about 3 Tbsp. mozzarella mixture. Repeat all layers. Cover with remaining eggplant slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360, Fat 21 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 870 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 10 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 17 g
More about "eggplant napoleon recipes"
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
Servings 1Total Time 50 minsCategory Main-Dish
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
5/5 (4)Total Time 55 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 78 per serving
- Lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and season with salt and pepper. Let them soak up the salt for about 10 minutes.
- Bake the eggplants at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes but keep an eye on them. You want them to be a nice light golden color.
NEW ORLEANS EGGPLANT NAPOLEON RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON RECIPE KEVIN BELTON - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPE FOR PORTOBELLO EGGPLANT NAPOLEON | ADVENTHEALTH
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON – KITCHEN BELLEICIOUS
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON | COOKTEASER
EGGPLANT, TOMATO, AND FETA CHEESE NAPOLEONS | EMERILS.COM
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON RECIPE - COOKING WITH BEER | BEER CUISINE
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON - COOKTHINK
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON | CUISINE TECHNIQUES - GREAT CHEFS
EGGPLANT NAPOLEONS | PARMESAN | DINNER IDEAS
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON – GRILLED, SIMPLE, AND DELICIOUS!
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON RECIPE | EASY TO MAKE - THEFOODXP
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON | VALLEY TABLE
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON - PLAIN.RECIPES
EGGPLANT PARMESAN NAPOLEON WITH SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON - BUBBAPIE
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON | PUNCHFORK
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON FRESH MOZZARELLA | GALBANI CHEESE
EGGPLANT NAPOLEONS - THE WINE LOVER'S KITCHEN
EASY EGGPLANT NAPOLEON - HEALTHY EATING 101
10 BEST EGGPLANT NAPOLEON RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST EGGPLANT AND ASPARAGUS NAPOLEONS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON - RED MOUNTAIN RESORT
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON RECIPE
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON - RECIPE FLOW
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
EASY AND ELEGANT EGGPLANT NAPOLEONS » NOT ENTIRELY AVERAGE
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON - G-FREE FOODIE
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON - PAIRTHEWINE.COM
EGGPLANT PARMESAN AND GRILLED VEGETABLE NAPOLEONS | CTV NEWS
EGGPLANT NAPOLEONS RECIPE - LILLY'S TABLE
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON - EGGPLANT
CRISPY EGGPLANT NAPOLEON WITH PESTO AND GARLIC - LIFE SHE LIVES
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
EGGPLANT NAPOLEONS | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
GRILLED EGGPLANT NAPOLEONS – THE FUZZY ARTICHOKE
EGGPLANT NAPOLEON - SPARK360
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love