CHEESY EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Brush about 2 tablespoons olive oil onto eggplant slices; arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggplant is tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove eggplant from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat; cook and stir onion, mushrooms, and garlic until onion is softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add tomato sauce, basil, and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 10 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange about 1/2 the eggplant slices in a 2-quart casserole dish; top with 1/2 the sauce, 1/2 the mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 the Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot and bubbling, about 25 minutes. Cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267.2 calories, Carbohydrate 20.3 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fat 15.3 g, Fiber 8.1 g, Protein 15.6 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 734.3 mg, Sugar 9.5 g
EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut 5 crosswise slices from center area of each eggplant, about 1/2-inch thick, to total 10 slices. Peel and dice remaining pieces of eggplant.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until oil is very hot. Sprinkle eggplant slices lightly with a pinch of salt and cook in hot skillet in batches until slightly softened, about 3 minutes per side. Set eggplant slices aside on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet and cook garlic for about 10 seconds; add diced eggplant and season with a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes. Saute until eggplant is softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in marinara sauce and water. Turn heat to medium-low and cook until eggplant is tender, about 15 minutes; stir occasionally. If sauce gets too thick, add a little more water.
- Combine ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, pepperjack cheese, a pinch of salt, and a pinch black pepper in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Spread about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture over each eggplant slice. Fold eggplant slices in half to enclose the cheese mixture.
- Spread about half the sauce into an 8x8-inch baking dish. Lay folded eggplant slices in a single layer into the dish. Spread remaining sauce over eggplant slices.
- Combine bread crumbs, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a bowl; mix thoroughly. Spread crumb mixture over eggplant casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling and crumbs are browned, 35 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397.4 calories, Carbohydrate 41.1 g, Cholesterol 20.1 mg, Fat 21.4 g, Fiber 11.6 g, Protein 12.7 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 905.9 mg, Sugar 17.3 g
ROASTED EGGPLANT PARMESAN
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and arrange three racks evenly spaced.
- Lay the eggplant in one layer on three sheet pans and brush both sides with olive oil, using all the oil. Sprinkle with the oregano, crushing it lightly in your hands, then sprinkle with 1 1/2 tablespoons salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the slices and rotate the pans in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, until tender. Leave the oven at 400 degrees F.
- In a 10 by 14 by 2-inch ceramic baking dish, spread a third of the marinara sauce. Arrange a third of the eggplant on top in one layer. Scatter a third of the basil, a third of the mozzarella, a third of the goat cheese, and a third of the Parmesan on top. Repeat twice, starting with the marinara and ending with the Parmesan, making sure each layer is evenly distributed.
- For the topping, place the bread crumbs, garlic, and basil in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the 1/4 cup olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt and pulse to moisten the crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the dish.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
AWESOME EGGPLANT PARMESEAN CASSEROLE
Great Stuff for you eggplant parm lovers! My own creation. The process takes awhile but worth the effort. Great with a loaf of hot garlic bread and a simple green salad.
Provided by heartshapedpan
Yield 1 casserole, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Remove top and bottom of eggplant.
- Slice eggplant lengthwise into 3/4 inch slices.
- Spread slices onto large platter and salt and pepper both sides.
- In a pie plate crack all eggs and add milk and some salt and pepper.
- Beat well and set aside.
- In another pie plate combine both panko and regular breadcrumbs, mixing well to combine.
- Put about a half inch of oil into large skillet and turn onto medium heat until a wooden spoons tip inserted in oil buubles.
- Dip eggplant slices into egg mixture coating both sides well, allowing excess to drain off.
- Drredge immediately into breadcrumbs, pressing well so it adheres well.
- Fry immediately in small batches so to not overcrowd skillet.
- When crispy on both sides remove from skillet to paper towel lined platter to drain excess oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Continue frying eggplants until all are done.
- In 13x9 inch glass casserole place 1/3 of sauce.
- Place a single layer of eggplant onto sauce.
- Place another 1/3 sauce over slices.
- Put 1/2 of mozzarella on this layer.
- Repeat by another layer of eggplant, sauce, and all of remaining cheeses, ending with parmesean.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 45 minutes until all cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Let cool briefly and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1368.4, Fat 104.7, SaturatedFat 24.6, Cholesterol 169.8, Sodium 2193, Carbohydrate 74.2, Fiber 13.6, Sugar 29.5, Protein 35.5
WEGMANS EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 1.Spray bottom and sides of pan with cooking spray; spread bottom of pan with 1 1/2 cups of sauce. Top with overlapping layer of eggplant slices; drizzle with olive oil. Add even layer of bread crumbs; sprinkle with half the grated cheese. Season to taste with seasoned salt and cracked black pepper. Top with remaining sauce and remaining grated cheese.
- 2.Bake, covered, 40 min or until eggplant is tender. Remove from oven; top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven, uncovered, 2-3 min, until cheese melts. Let rest 15 min before serving.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil on top, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142.2, Fat 8.3, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 14.8, Sodium 401.4, Carbohydrate 11.5, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 5.7, Protein 6.1
We really like eggplant and would rather have it baked than fried. This can be served as a side dish or main dish. -Donna Wardlow-Keating, Omaha, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine oil and garlic; brush over both sides of eggplant slices. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes; turn. Bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack., Place half the eggplant in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with half the basil and Parmesan cheese. Arrange tomato slices over top; sprinkle with remaining basil and Parmesan. Layer with half the mozzarella cheese and the remaining eggplant; top with remaining mozzarella. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake until cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes longer. Garnish with additional basil, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275 calories, Fat 21g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 164mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
JAMIE OLIVER'S EGGPLANT PARMESAN
This recipe is an adaptation of one found in Jamie Oliver's book, "Jamie's Italy." It's a healthier version than the traditional Italian-American juggernaut; it omits breading and frying the eggplant, and instead calls for roasting the eggplant until golden brown.
Provided by Marian Burros
Categories dinner, weekday, main course
Yield 4 to 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil, and place in a single layer on two or more baking sheets. Bake until undersides are golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes, then turn and bake until other sides are lightly browned. Set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and add onion. Sauté until soft, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and dried oregano and sauté another 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and their juices, breaking up whole tomatoes with your hands. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add vinegar, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Into a 9-by-9-inch, 10-by-5-inch or 10-by-6-inch baking pan, spoon a small amount of tomato sauce, then add a thin scattering of parmigiano, then a single layer of eggplant. Repeat until all ingredients are used, ending with a little sauce and a sprinkling of parmigiano. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and oregano, if using, with just enough olive oil to moisten. Sprinkle on top. If desired, recipe can be made to this point and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before baking.
- Bake until eggplant mixture is bubbly and center is hot, 30 to 45 minutes depending on size of pan and thickness of layers. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Recipe can also be reheated.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 268, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 36 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 13 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 1283 milligrams, Sugar 18 grams
CREAMY EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE
Turn one of our favorite Italian dishes into your new favorite casserole with our Eggplant Parmesan Casserole recipe. Buon appetito!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment. Combine bread crumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan in shallow dish. Reserve 2 Tbsp. crumb mixture for later use. Spray both sides of 1 eggplant slice with cooking spray; dip in remaining bread crumb mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of eggplant slice. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining eggplant slices.
- Bake 30 min. or until eggplant is tender and golden brown, turning after 15 min.
- Meanwhile, microwave cream cheese in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 40 sec. Gradually whisk in milk until blended. Stir in garlic and 1/4 cup basil.
- Spread 1/4 cup cream cheese sauce onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray. Top with layers of 1/3 of the eggplant, 4 cheese slices, 1/4 cup of the remaining Parmesan and 1/3 cup of the remaining cream cheese sauce; repeat layers twice. Top with tomatoes, remaining cheese slices and reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25 min. or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 570 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 19 g
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush 2 baking sheets with oil; set aside. In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and 2 tablespoons water. In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs, 3/4 cup Parmesan, oregano, and basil; season with salt and pepper.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture, letting excess drip off, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture, coating well; place on baking sheets. Bake until golden brown on bottom, 20 to 25 minutes. Turn slices; continue baking until browned on other side, 20 to 25 minutes more. Remove from oven; raise oven heat to 400 degrees.
- Spread 2 cups sauce in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange half the eggplant in dish; cover with 2 cups sauce, then 1/2 cup mozzarella. Repeat with remaining eggplant, sauce, and mozzarella; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279 g, Fat 11 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 15 g
More about "eggplant parmesan casserole recipes"
BAKED EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE - YAY! FOR FOOD
4.5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DinnerCalories 341 per serving
- Combine together the sliced eggplant with olive oil, salt, and pepper on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then spread the eggplant into a single even layer (you may need two baking sheets).
- Roast for 15 minutes, allowing the eggplant to soften and lightly brown around the edges. As the eggplant roasts, mix together the topping ingredients in a bowl and prepare the other ingredients for the casserole.
- In an 9x13 casserole dish, start by layering a third of each ingredient in this order: marinara sauce, eggplant, fresh and dried herbs, and cheeses. Repeat this order two more times, making sure to evenly distribute the ingredients in the casserole dish.
EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
Cuisine ItalianCategory Pasta, Main CourseServings 4Total Time 55 mins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices and spread on a wire rack. Season both sides with salt and leave aside for 1 hour to drain as much water as possible.
- While slices draining, prepare dredge station with flour, breadcrumb and egg (with 1 tbsp milk) in three separate bowls. Season egg and flour with salt and black pepper. Don't add salt to breadcrumbs since these are already seasoned.
- Add eggplant to brown bag or a container with lid, top with flour, close lid and shake well to dredge.
EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (153)Calories 600 per serving
EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE- VRB STYLE – VEGETARIAN RECIPE BOX
EASY BAKED EGGPLANT CASSEROLE - 7 INGREDIENTS NOT FRIED!
EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE | THE NUTRAMILK | RECIPES
PARMIGIANA - WIKIPEDIA
EGGPLANT PARMIGIANA CASSEROLE WITH PESTO
BEST EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EGGPLANT PARMESAN
EGGPLANT CASSEROLE - BAKED EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPE - MOM ...
21+ EASY EGGPLANT RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE! - THE MEDITERRANEAN ...
EGGPLANT PARM CASSEROLE RECIPE - PUREWOW
EGGPLANT PARMESAN (PARMIGIANA DI MELANZANE) RECIPE
LOW CARB EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE - THE BEST KETO ...
EGGPLANT AND CHICKEN RECIPES EASY : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION ...
AIR FRYER EGGPLANT PARMESAN - FORK TO SPOON
KETO EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE AKA THE ... - KITCHENETTE RECIPES
EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE | JAN D'ATRI - RESCUED RECIPES
EASY EGGPLANT PARMIGIANA CASSEROLE RECIPE FROM NONNA
EGGPLANT PARMESAN ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE - CONTENTEDNESS COOKING
EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
EGGPLANT PARMESAN POTATO CASSEROLE - CONTENTEDNESS COOKING
HOW TO COOK EGGPLANT PARMESAN - THERESCIPES.INFO
MOM'S EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE | WEGMANS
KETO EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE RECIPE – SUGAR FREE LONDONER
OUR FAVORITE EGGPLANT PARMESAN - INSPIRED TASTE
EASY KETO EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPE - BEST ITALIAN LOW-CARB ...
KETO EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE - LOW CARB YUM
BAKED EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPE (AND VIDEO!) | VALERIE'S ...
EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE - EMILY BITES
EATINGWELL'S EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
EGGPLANT PARMESAN - EASY SIDE DISH RECIPES
VEGAN BAKED EGGPLANT PARMESAN CASSEROLE
OLD FASHIONED EGGPLANT CASSEROLE RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
EGGPLANT PARMESAN - JO COOKS
DAD'S EGGPLANT PARMESAN | MANTITLEMENT
CHEESY EGGPLANT CASSEROLE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
ITALIAN BAKED EGGPLANT WITH PARMESAN - MELANZANE DI ...
You'll also love