BEST PEAS RECIPE
This peas recipe takes just 5 minutes! Cooking frozen peas with garlic and lemon makes them taste incredible. It's an easy side dish that everyone loves!
Provided by Sonja Overhiser
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Rinse the peas under warm water and shake off excess liquid.
- Smash and peel the garlic cloves.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the smashed garlic and frozen peas and cook for 2 minutes until warmed through but still bright green.
- Season with the kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and lemon zest. Discard the garlic cloves and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 107 calories, Sugar 3.4 g, Sodium 95.2 mg, Fat 6.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, TransFat 0.1 g, Carbohydrate 9.1 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3.5 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg
This might be called something else by others but this is what my grandma called this. These weren't served at just any meal...these were for the "fancy meals". This is scaled down to 4 servings.
Provided by QueenJellyBean
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Drain off liquid from the mushrooms and add water to equal 1/4 Celsius.
- Cook onions and mushrooms in margarine until onions are golden.
- Add peas, celery, salt and liquid.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes until celery is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 74.5, Fat 3.1, SaturatedFat 0.5, Sodium 253.4, Carbohydrate 8.9, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 3.7, Protein 3.5
"I can still taste these wonderful peas in Mama's delicious white sauce. Our food was pretty plain during the week, so I thought this white sauce made the peas 'extra fancy' and fitting for a Sunday meal."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook peas according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain peas; stir into the sauce and heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 271mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add frozen peas, and stir in stock. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, and cook until the peas are tender, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 106.3 calories, Carbohydrate 12.3 g, Cholesterol 0.1 mg, Fat 4.8 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 120.5 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
FANCY TERRINE OF BLACK-EYED PEAS (NIGERIAN)
From: "South of the Sahara: Traditional Cooking from the Lands of West Africa" by Elizabeth A. Jackson.
Provided by Engrossed
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Soak black-eyed peas overnight. Drain. Remove skins by rubbing the peas together in water and letting the skins float to the top, then drain again and discard skins.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine soaked skinned black eyed peas with onion, tomato paste, red pepper and salt in a food processor or blender and process until completely smooth. *Add 4-6 tbsp of water if necessary. You should not feel any lumps when you rub mixture between your fingers.
- Stir in oil, Maggi sauce and curry powder.
- Combine chopped onions and green peppers in a small bowl.
- Grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of pea puree into the pan.
- Layer half of the shrimp and half of the onion/pepper mixture.
- Spread 1 more cup of pea puree into pan.
- Layer hardboiled egg slices over this. Spread chopped meat on top of egg slices.
- Spread 1 more cup of puree over meat. Add remaining shrimp, and then the remaining onion/pepper mixture. Spread the rest of the puree on top.
- Cover with foil and bake 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes until the top is browned.
- Cool in pan 20 minutes before turning out onto rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219.6, Fat 10.9, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 75.4, Sodium 154.3, Carbohydrate 19.2, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 3, Protein 12.1
More about "fancy peas recipes"
47 RECIPES THAT START WITH A BAG OF FROZEN PEAS | MYRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
GREEN PEA SIDE DISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
99 PEA RECIPES FOR EVERY TABLE | EPICURIOUS
Estimated Reading Time 7 minsPublished 2015-06-15
- Cold Pea Soup With Herbed Oil Swirl. Creamy, cold, and refreshing, this pretty green soup is the perfect way to start an outdoor dinner party. It feels perfect for spring—but like many of our favorite recipes, it actually starts with sweet frozen peas.
- Spring Pea Butter with Shallot and Lemon. Capture the flavor of peas at peak season freshness with compound butter. Slather it on a baguette right away, or freeze it so you can casually toss it into pasta or spread it onto lamb chops whenever your heart desires.
- One-Pot Spring Pasta with Smoked Salmon. Toss asparagus and frozen peas into boiling linguine just before the pasta has finished cooking for this 30-minute, one-pot meal.
- Charred Sugar Snap Peas with Buttermilk Aioli. Thinly sliced Calabrian chiles add a fiery note to these grilled sugar snap peas. There's definitely something nice about sweet and spice—you may want to add these Italian peppers to all your favorite pea recipes.
- Spring Salad with Crispy Chicken and Bacony Croutons. The rich flavors of crispy, tender chicken and smoky bacon balance the slightly bitter notes of frisée and shaved fennel in this hearty dinner salad.
- Fish Packets with Snap Peas, Tomatoes, and Herb Butter. An easy herbed butter infuses fish and vegetables with rich flavor in this family-friendly dinner.
- Snap Pea Salad with Coconut Gremolata. A Thai-inspired gremolata of toasted coconut, fried shallots, fresh herbs, and lime zest tops this refreshing snap pea salad.
- Braised Leeks, Peas, and Lettuce. When you warm lettuce in butter and wine it gets velvety and rich—a perfect foil to sweet peas. Serve it alongside slow-scrambled eggs or quiche at brunch.
- Spring Green Bowls. Broccoli rice is the base for bright toppings like fresh peas, avocados, and pickled ginger. Round out the bowl with a creamy, herby dressing and a soft-boiled egg.
FANCY PEAS RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | VEGGIE SIDE DISHES, RECIPES ...
FANCY PEAS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | PEA RECIPES, RECIPES, …
CREAMED PEAS RECIPE (QUICK AND EASY) | KITCHN
FANCY PEAS | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
20 FROZEN PEA RECIPES | WHAT TO MAKE WITH FROZEN PEAS
FANCY PEAS AND MUSHROOMS - JAM HANDS
CREAMED PEAS (FRESH OR FROZEN) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
LE SIEUR - FANCY PEAS | IGA ONLINE GROCERY
HOW TO COOK FROZEN PEAS (THE RIGHT WAY) - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
THE BEST CREAMED PEAS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
SIMPLE BUTTERY PEAS WITH THYME - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
10 THINGS TO DO WITH FROZEN PEAS - BON APPéTIT
29 RECIPES THAT START WITH A BAG OF FROZEN PEAS - TASTE OF …
FANCY PEAS | ETSY
7 RECIPES WITH FROZEN PEAS THAT ARE HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS
PEA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
WEEKNIGHT-FANCY RAVIOLI WITH CREAMY PEAS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
10 BEST FROZEN PEAS AND CARROTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
PEA RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
FANCY PEAS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
GIVE PEAS A CHANCE WITH THESE 20 DELICIOUS GREEN PEA RECIPES
PETIT POIS A LA FRANCAISE - FANCY FRENCH PEAS - FOOD GYPSY
OUR BEST PEAS RECIPES, IDEAS, AND TIPS | KITCHN
FANCY PEAS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
FANCY PEAS RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
FANCY SAUTEED SNOW PEAS - CEARA'S KITCHEN
FANCY PEAS RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CREAMED PEAS WITH CANNED PEAS RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
FANCY PEAS - CHEF IN TRAINING
FANCY TOAST WITH PEA SHOOTS RECIPE - FOOD00
FANCY FROZEN PEAS RECIPE - LET'S GO HOBBY
FANCY-PEAS - FEEDING MY KID
10 BEST CANNED GREEN PEAS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FANCY FROZEN PEAS RECIPE - LET'S GO HOBBY | RECIPE IN 2022
SUPER EASY GREEN PEAS WITH MINT RECIPE - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
BROWN BUTTER AND GARLIC ROASTED PEAS - MANTITLEMENT
FANCY PEAS - IGA
PEAS RECIPES - TASTY
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #preparation #healthy #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something
You'll also love