FETTUCCINE ALFREDO WITH SCALLOPS AND PEAS
Is there such a thing as too much deliciousness all on one plate? We put the question to the test with this Fettuccine Alfredo with Scallops and Peas.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until scallops are opaque. Remove from heat; place in large serving bowl. Gently stir in peas.
- Melt butter in small saucepan on low heat. Gradually add cream, stirring until well blended. Add Parmesan cheese; cook until completely melted, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place pasta in large bowl. Add scallops, peas and sauce; mix lightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 500, Fat 25 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 930 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 4 g, Protein 27 g
SEA SCALLOPS AND FETTUCCINE
This luscious and lemony pasta dish is so easy, it's become one of our weekly meal mainstays. But it's also elegant enough to serve to guests. -Donna Thompson, Laramie, Wyoming
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper, garlic, lemon zest and pepper flakes; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in broth, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half., Cut each scallop horizontally in half; add to skillet. Cook, covered, 4-5 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque, stirring occasionally. Serve with fettuccine. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 421 calories, Fat 10g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 42mg cholesterol, Sodium 861mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
SCALLOPS WITH SNOW PEAS
The vibrant, crisp pea pods in this dish are a nice contrast with the soft scallops. The dish looks and tastes bright and fresh. -Barb Carlucci, Orange Park, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix cornstarch, soy sauce and water. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry scallops until firm and opaque, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan., In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry snow peas, leeks and ginger until peas are just crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to pan. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Add scallops; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 750mg sodium, Carbohydrate 57g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
CREAMY FETTUCCINE WITH SCALLOPS AND PEAS
Creamy Fettuccine with Scallops and Peas - the tender, sweet scallops go so well with the sweet peas and it all comes together with a delicious cream sauce.
Provided by Joanie Zisk
Categories Main Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Rinse the scallops under cold running water. Pat dry.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the butter and olive oil and heat. Place the scallops in the pan in a single layer and let sear for 2-4 minutes, until they are browned on the bottom. Using tongs, carefully turn the scallops over and sear the other side until browned, 2-4 minutes.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and set aside.
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- Whisk the heavy cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan heated on medium high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and continue stirring until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in one cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Put the cooked fettuccine in a large bowl. Add the peas and pour in the sauce. Mix well. Gently fold in the scallops and the remaining cup of parmesan cheese.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CREAMY NOODLES AND PEAS
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water , uncovered, until almost al dente, about 5 minutes, then stir in peas and cook until noodles are al dente, about 2 minutes more. Drain in a colander, then transfer to a platter and keep warm, loosely covered with foil.
- While noodles cook, pat scallops dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then add scallops. Increase heat to high and sear scallops, turning over once, until golden brown and just cooked through, 2 minutes total. Transfer to platter with noodles and keep covered.
- Add wine to skillet and deglaze by boiling, stirring and scraping up any brown bits, 1 minute. Stir in water and cream and boil until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in chives and pour sauce over scallops and noodles.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH MINT, PEAS, AND BACON
Buttery scallops and smoky bacon are balanced by sweet peas and lively mint in this company-worthy dish. All you need is one pan, a handful of ingredients, and 22 minutes to pull it off.
Provided by Rhoda Boone
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place scallops on a paper towel-lined plate and pat very dry with additional paper towels. Season both sides with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper total.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil, covered, in a small pot. Add peas and 1/2 tsp. salt; cook until peas are bright green and tender, about 2 minutes for fresh and 4 minutes for frozen. Drain peas through a strainer set over a bowl; reserve cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a large skillet and heat over medium-high. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, until fat starts to render, about 3 minutes. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened and lightly browned and bacon is crisp, about 3 minutes more. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon and shallot to a small bowl, reserving fat in skillet. Add 1/2 cup cooked peas to bacon mixture.
- Purée lemon juice, 1/8 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. pepper, the remaining 1 1/2 cups peas, and 1/2 cup reserved pea cooking liquid in a blender. Add oil and pureé until smooth. Add 2 Tbsp. mint leaves and pureé until just combined but pieces of mint are still visible. Divide pea purée among 4 plates.
- Heat skillet with reserved fat over high until just barely smoking. Working in batches and adding more oil if necessary, sear scallops until a golden brown crust has formed and scallop releases from skillet, about 3 minutes per side. Top pea purée with scallops and bacon-pea mixture, then sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp. mint.
EASY SCALLOP PASTA
Choose fat scallops for this speedy but smart pasta recipe- the ham wrappers will protect the tender shellfish and give an extra savoury hit
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut the orange corals from the scallops and finely chop them. Halve the white scallops to make 2 fat pieces and roll them up in the strips of prosciutto.
- Cook the pasta in salted water following pack instructions - it should only take about 4 mins. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, deep sauté pan and sear the scallops for 1-2 mins, to brown the prosciutto and lightly cook the scallop inside. Lift from the pan onto a warm plate and leave to rest.
- Add the garlic to the pan juices and fry, stirring, until golden. Tip in the chopped corals and thyme, and stir-fry for a few mins more. Add the lemon zest, juice and vermouth, let it bubble down to at least half, then toss in the parsley. Drain the pasta and add to the pan with salt and plenty of black pepper, then toss to make sure the strands are well coated. Add the prosciutto-wrapped scallops and serve drizzled with a little extra oil, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 664 calories, Fat 28 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 50 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 45 grams protein, Sodium 3.1 milligram of sodium
SAVORY SEA SCALLOPS AND ANGEL HAIR PASTA
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the angel hair pasta, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and cook just until fragrant and softened, about 1 minute. Slice any scallops over 3/4-inch thick in half so they'll cook evenly; stir scallops, basil, and parsley into the skillet. Cook and gently stir just until scallops feel slightly firm when pressed with a finger, 2 to 3 minutes. Scallops will become tough and chewy if overcooked. Stir in lemon juice, and season with salt and black pepper. Pour in cream if you like a thicker sauce. Bring the mixture just to a bare simmer.
- Serve over hot angel hair pasta; sprinkle to taste with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 515.1 calories, Carbohydrate 46.3 g, Cholesterol 95.5 mg, Fat 21.9 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 33.1 g, SaturatedFat 10.4 g, Sodium 527.8 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
More about "fettuccine with scallops and peas recipes"
LINGUINI WITH SAUTéED SCALLOPS AND PEAS - SKINNYTASTE
4/5 (7)Total Time 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 374 per serving
- Cook pasta in a medium pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions adding the peas to the boiling pasta water 4 minutes before finished.
- Add parsley and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Stir, adding reserved pasta water a little at a time. Adjust salt and pepper, to taste.
CREAMY SCALLOP & PEA FETTUCCINE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (7)Total Time 40 minsCategory Healthy Scallop RecipesCalories 413 per serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook fettuccine until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, pat scallops dry and sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add clam juice to the pan. Whisk milk, flour, white pepper and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl until smooth. Whisk the milk mixture into the clam juice. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly. Continue stirring until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Return the scallops and any accumulated juices to the pan along with peas and return to a simmer. Stir in the fettuccine, 1/2 cup Romano cheese, chives, lemon zest and juice until combined. Serve with the remaining cheese sprinkled on top.
10 BEST SEA SCALLOP WITH PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CREAMY FETTUCCINE AND PEAS
5/5 (1)Author MarmzServings 4-6Total Time 40 mins
EASY SCALLOPS ALFREDO RECIPE - MASHED.COM
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SCALLOPS: 40+ BEST SIDE DISHES
SEA SCALLOPS WITH PEAS, BACON AND CARROTS RECIPE
HEALTHY SCALLOP RECIPES | EATINGWELL
BEST PASTA WITH SCALLOPS & SNOW PEAS POACHED IN WHITE WINE …
FETTUCCINE WITH SCALLOPS AND PEAS RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
FETTUCCINE WITH SCALLOPS | LEITE'S CULINARIA
FETTUCCINE WITH SCALLOPS AND PEAS RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO WITH SCALLOPS AND PEAS - KATIE'S CUCINA
FETTUCCINE WITH SCALLOPS AND PEAS | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
CREAMY GARLIC PASTA WITH PAN SEARED SCALLOPS - FORK IN THE KITCHEN
SCALLOPS AND PASTA WITH CREAM SAUCE RECIPE RECIPES
SCALLOPS AND PASTA WITH CREAM SAUCE RECIPE RECIPES
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS FETTUCCINE WITH ARTICHOKES, PEAS, AND …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make fettuccine alfredo with scallops and peas?We put the question to the test with this Fettuccine Alfredo with Scallops and Peas. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until scallops are opaque. Remove from heat; place in large serving bowl. Gently stir in peas. Melt butter in small saucepan on low heat.
How to cook scallops?Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until scallops are opaque. Remove from heat; place in large serving bowl. Gently stir in peas. Melt butter in small saucepan on low heat. Gradually add cream, stirring until well blended. Add Parmesan cheese; cook until completely melted, stirring constantly.
What does seared scallops with creamy fettuccine and peas taste like?Seared Scallops with Creamy Fettuccine and Peas is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 1 . Simple, yet elegant enough for a dinner party, this beautiful dish is a showstopper. The classic alfredo sauce tastes luxurious, but it’s actually simple to prepare. The recipe makes more sauce than you will need.
How long do you cook scallops in fettuccine?When the pan is very hot, add the scallops and sear just until rare, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Divide the fettuccine among plates and top each with the scallops. Serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.