FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE ALMOND CAKE
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Place a medium saucepot on medium heat and bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a simmer. Place a medium bowl on top of the saucepot and add the semisweet chocolate and coconut oil. Using a heatproof spatula, stir the chocolate until fully melted and combined with the coconut oil, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and set aside. Leave the saucepot with the water on the stove.
- Place the almonds in a food processor and grind until a powdery consistency is reached. Transfer the almonds to a large bowl and add the quinoa, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda. Stir to combine the dry ingredients, then add the melted chocolate mixture, coconut milk, vanilla and eggs and mix until fully incorporated. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- For the ganache: Reheat the water in the saucepot over medium heat to bring to a simmer. Place another medium bowl over the water and add the semisweet chocolate and coconut milk. Using a heatproof spatula, stir the chocolate until fully melted and combined with the coconut milk.
- Drizzle the ganache over the cake, top with raspberries and serve.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE-ORANGE ALMOND CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush bottom of 10-inch-diameter springform pan generously with margarine. Blend almonds and 1/4 cup sugar in processor until almonds are finely ground. Add chocolate; blend until chocolate is finely ground, scraping sides and bottom of bowl occasionally.
- Whisk cocoa, orange juice, and orange peel in small bowl until smooth. Combine egg yolks and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar in large bowl. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean. Using electric mixer, beat until yolk mixture is very thick, about 4 minutes. Beat in cocoa mixture. Fold in ground-almond mixture. Using clean dry beaters, beat egg whites and salt in another large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar, beating until whites are stiff but not dry. Fold whites into chocolate batter in 3 additions. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool cake completely in pan on rack. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with foil; store at room temperature.)
- Cut around cake in pan; release sides. Cut cake into wedges. Transfer to plates. Place scoop of sorbet alongside.
NIGELLA LAWSON FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE
From the chocolate cake chapter in her book 'Feast'. This is one of the best chocolate cakes I have ever made. I sometimes add the juice and zest of half a lemon to the batter.
Provided by Flowerfairy
Yield 1 cake, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Put the whole orange or oranges in a pan with some cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 2 hours or until soft.
- Drain, and when cool, cut the oranges in half and remove any big pips.
- Then pulp everything - pith, peel and all - in a food processor.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180°C Butter and line a 20cm springform tin.
- Add the eggs, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, almonds, sugar and cocoa to the orange in the food processor. Run the motor until you have a cohesive cake mixture, but slightly knobbly with the flecks of puréed orange.
- Pour and scrape into the cake tin and bake for an hour, by which time a cake tester should come out pretty well clean. Check after 45 minutes because you may have to cover with foil to prevent the cake burning before it is cooked through, or indeed it may need a little less than an hour; it all depends on your oven.
- Leave the cake to get cool in the tin, on a cooling rack. When the cake is cold you can take it out of the tin. Decorate with strips of orange peel or coarsely grated zest if you so wish, but it is darkly beautiful in its plain, unadorned state.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE-ALMOND CAKE
Made with dark chocolate and almond flour, this special occasion-worthy cake is surprisingly light and airy thanks to the addition of egg whites and just happens to be gluten-free. Serve with whipped creme fraiche and a tumble of fresh raspberries.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 10 to 12
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Whipped Creme Fraiche: Whisk cream with vanilla and salt until thickened and silky but not yet forming peaks. Add sugar and creme fraiche; whisk to soft peaks, 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate in an airtight container up to 8 hours; stir before using.
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter with 3/4 cup granulated sugar on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Add almond flour and salt; beat to combine. In a separate bowl fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites on low until frothy. Increase speed to medium-high and beat to soft peaks, about 1 minute. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, beating until stiff but not dry peaks form, about 1 minute more. Stir one-third of egg-white mixture into batter until no streaks remain. Gently fold in remaining egg-white mixture just to combine (do not overmix). Transfer to prepared pan; gently smooth top with an offset spatula.
- Bake until puffed slightly and set along edges but still slightly wobbly in center, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely, about 2 hours. Remove sides of pan. Using a spatula, gently lift cake from pan; slide onto a cake plate. Lightly dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into wedges; serve with creme fraiche and raspberries.
PERFECT FLOURLESS ORANGE CAKE
A beautiful moist light cake with complex and full flavors of oranges and orange peel. Super easy to make, and people love it! Serve in wedges with a mound of whipped cream or ice cream.
Provided by Lucence
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the oranges in a large saucepan, and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and boil for 2 hours over medium heat. Check occasionally to make sure they do not boil dry. Allow the oranges to cool, then cut them open and remove the seeds. Process in a blender or food processor to a coarse pulp.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Thoroughly grease a 10-inch round cake pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together using an electric mixer until thick and pale, about 10 minutes. Mix in baking powder and saffron (optional). Stir in the pureed oranges. Gently fold in almond meal and candied orange peel (optional); pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a small knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Allow the cake to cool in the pan. Tap out onto a serving plate when cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 174.3 calories, Carbohydrate 21 g, Cholesterol 69.8 mg, Fat 8.6 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 5.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 41.7 mg, Sugar 18.4 g
CLAUDIA RODEN'S ORANGE AND ALMOND CAKE
Moira Hodgson rooted this classic out of Claudia Roden's terrific cookbook, "Everything Tastes Better Outdoors," and brought it to The Times in 1987: a flourless orange and almond cake that goes beautifully with blueberries or peaches, and is the perfect thing to carry along on a picnic. Extremely moist, it consists of two seeded oranges (peel and all), ground almonds, sugar and eggs - and no flour. Baked in a hot oven, it will be done in just about an hour or so, longer if the orange pulp is extremely wet. Opening the oven door to check will not harm it.
Provided by Moira Hodgson
Categories cakes, times classics, dessert
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Wash the oranges and simmer them, unpeeled, in water to cover for 2 hours. Cool, cut them open and remove the seeds. Puree the oranges, including the peel, in a food processor.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Beat the eggs in a food processor or large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, including the orange puree, and mix thoroughly. Pour into a buttered and floured cake tin, with a removable base if possible.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan before turning out.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 274, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 32 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 73 milligrams, Sugar 27 grams, TransFat 0 grams
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE-ORANGE ALMOND CAKE
One of my friend's has celiac disease and cannot eat anything with gluten. Unfortunately for her, this usually means she cannot enjoy a lot of foods, particularly desserts, at gatherings. I made this cake with her in mind for our holiday party. It is rather time-consuming but definately worth it! The cake was rich and decadent and my friends really enjoyed it.
Provided by RunninLion
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush bottom of 10-inch springform pan generously with butter or margarine.
- Blend almonds and 1/4 cup sugar in food processor until almonds are finely ground. Add chocolate; blend until chocolate is finely ground.
- Whisk cocoa, orange juice and orange peel in small bowl until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine egg yolks and 1/2 cup + 2 Tbs. sugar. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean.
- Using an electric mixer, beat until yolk mixture is very thick, about 4 minutes.
- Beat in cocoa mixture. Fold in ground-almond mixture.
- Using clean dry beaters, beat egg whites and salt in another large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 2 Tbs. sugar, beating until whites are stiff but not dry.
- Fold whites into chocolate batter in 3 additions. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Cool cake completely in pan on rack. If making a day ahead of time, cover with foil and store at room temperature.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE & ALMOND CAKE
This dense, squidgy chocolate and almond cake is perfect for dessert. It's gluten-free - just ensure your cocoa powder and chocolate are, too
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4 and line the base of a 20cm springform tin with baking parchment. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of just-simmering water, or in the microwave in 20-second bursts. Stir, then leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, tip the eggs and sugar into a second bowl and beat with an electric whisk for 4-5 mins, or until thick and creamy. Add the mascarpone or soft cheese and vanilla, and continue to beat until everything is combined. Lightly fold in the cooled melted chocolate mixture until everything is one even colour, then fold in the almonds. Sift over the cocoa powder and a small pinch of salt, and fold in to combine.
- Scrape the cake batter into the prepared tin. Put the tin on a baking tray and bake for 35-40 mins until the cake is puffed up and has cracked on top. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 30-40 mins - it will deflate as it cools. Serve warm as a chocolate pudding, or leave to cool completely and enjoy as a fudgy brownie cake. Dust with extra cocoa powder before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 473 calories, Fat 37 grams fat, SaturatedFat 19 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 26 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 23 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
FLOURLESS DARK CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: dark chocolate, unsalted butter, egg yolks, orange zest, egg whites, sugar, heavy cream, orange extract, powdered sugar
Provided by Hector Gomez
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 275°F (135°C) and grease a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chocolate and butter. Melt in the microwave at 15-second intervals. Stir often and make sure the chocolate doesn't burn, then set aside to cool for a few minutes
- Add the egg yolks and the orange zest to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed with an electric mixer until very white and foamy. Gradually add the sugar. Continue beating on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold ¼ of the egg white mixture to the chocolate mixture. Gently fold in the remaining egg white mixture. Be careful not to deflate the eggs. Stir until fully combined. Some streaks are fine.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until the sides of the cake gently pull away from the pan.
- For the orange whipped cream, beat together heavy cream, orange extract, and sugar.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with orange zest.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 512 calories, Carbohydrate 28 grams, Fat 41 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 14 grams, Sugar 23 grams
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE ALMOND CAKE
"This moist cake presents an alternative to the traditional flour based cake," explains Jane Shapton from Irvine, California. Its mild chocolate flavor is jazzed up with whipped cream and berries.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine almonds and 2 tablespoons sugar; cover and process until ground. Combine water and cocoa; set aside. , In a small bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Blend in the almond mixture, cocoa mixture and vanilla. , In another bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt on high until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold egg whites into the batter., Pour into a 6-in. springform pan coated with cooking spay. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool completely. Garnish with chocolate syrup if desired. ,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321 calories, Fat 18g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 159mg cholesterol, Sodium 92mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
More about "flourless chocolate orange almond cake recipes"
EASY FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE AND ORANGE CAKE - RECIPE WINNERS
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hrCategory CakesCalories 198 per serving
- bring to the boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to a rolling simmer (you can place a small side plate on top of the oranges to keep them submerged)
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE | DESSARTS
4.2/5 (11)Total Time 1 hrCuisine AmericanCalories 299 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Prepare a 9 inch springform pan by generously coating the bottom and sides with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar into the almond flour. Coarsely chop your chocolate and then run it through a blender or food processor until finely ground. Thoroughly mix this into the almond flour. Break up any clumps.
- In an electric mixing bowl, scrape the seeds of your vanilla bean (use the back of a paring knife) and combine it with the egg yolks and 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs of sugar. Beat this mixture with a whisk attachment until it is very thick. The color should change from the yolk color to a very pale white.
FLOURLESS BLOOD ORANGE & CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
FLOURLESS ORANGE AND ALMOND CAKE - MATT MORAN
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE | RECIPETIN EATS
ORANGE, ALMOND AND CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | DELICIOUS.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE ALMOND CAKE - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
WHOLE ORANGE FLOURLESS CAKE (WITHOUT BOILING OR …
WHOLE ORANGE CAKE - RIND AND ALL! | RECIPETIN EATS
ORANGE ALMOND FLOURLESS SNACKING CAKE | CANADIAN LIVING
GLUTEN FREE AND FLOURLESS ORANGE AND ALMOND CAKE RECIPE
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE ALMOND CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE …
ORANGE CHOCOLATE AND ALMOND FLOURLESS CAKE – KEVIN …
4.8/5 (6)Servings 4Cuisine Irish, ItalianCategory Main Course
ORANGE ALMOND CAKE | ONCE UPON A FOOD BLOG
FLOURLESS ALMOND CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH ORANGE FUN - GARDENFRONTIER
MOIST ORANGE AND ALMOND CAKE - FLOURLESS - RECIPE WINNERS
FLOURLESS ORANGE AND ALMOND CAKES - COOK IT REAL GOOD
CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE RECIPE - DELICIOUS EVERYDAY
FRENCH ORANGE AND ALMOND CAKE - FOOD AND JOURNEYS
BEST ORANGE ALMOND FLOURLESS CAKE - HEALTHY WORLD CUISINE
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH ORANGE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
FLOURLESS ORANGE AND ALMOND CAKE (GF) - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
BEST ORANGE CAKE RECIPE: ORANGE AND ALMOND CAKE | EAT BEAUTIFUL
FLOURLESS ALMOND ORANGE CAKE | ALMOND CAKE | ALMOND ORANGE CAKE
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE, OLIVE OIL AND ALMOND CAKE - PUREWOW
BEST FLOURLESS ALMOND CAKE – BON APPéT'EAT DESSERTS
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE - COUNTRY LIFE EXPERIMENT
FLOURLESS ORANGE AND ALMOND CAKE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
CHOCOLATE AND PASSIONFRUIT FLOURLESS ALMOND CAKE (LETS) RECIPE
FLOURLESS ORANGE & ALMOND CAKE - LOOKS LIKE HOMEMADE
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CITRUS ALMOND CAKE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
NIGELLA’S FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE ORANGE CAKE - NEIGHBORFOOD
ALMOND AND ORANGE FLOURLESS CAKE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
FLOURLESS ORANGE CAKE RECIPE (GLUTEN-FREE) - MON PETIT FOUR®
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE ALMOND CAKE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
GLUTEN-FREE FLOURLESS ORANGE ALMOND CAKE - BAKE PLAY SMILE
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #desserts #fruit #easy #dinner-party #romantic #cakes #chocolate #nuts #taste-mood #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is flourless orange and almond cake?Flourless, gluten and dairy free too, it ticks a lot of boxes. Orange and almond cake is a wonderfully moist cake because of the oranges and rich almond meal. By adding the whole fruit you get all of the oils which you’d think would be bitter, but gives the cake a fantastic depth of intense orange flavour.
How do you make orange cake with puree?Add the orange puree, ground almonds and baking powder to the bowl containing the sugar and eggs. Whiz to combine. Grease a 26cm cake tin with a little oil and line with baking parchment. Pour the smooth mixture into the tin and bake in the preheated oven for 1-1½ hours.
How do you make chocolate cookies with almond flour and sugar?Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Prepare a 9 inch springform pan by generously coating the bottom and sides with butter. In a large bowl, mix ¼ cup sugar into the almond flour. Coarsely chop your chocolate and then run it through a blender or food processor until finely ground.
Can you make orange and almond cake in a food processor?Orange and Almond Cake is very moist, nutty and orangy. The cake can be made in a food processor providing it has a large capacity bowl or with a bowl, using a stick blender and cutting the oranges into smaller pieces. Cake freezes extremely well and will keep for a week in the refrigerator.