SAVORY SEA SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE
This is such an easy dish but with great end results! I serve it with a pasta such as my Recipe #55679. Yummy!
Provided by polly salama
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over high heat.
- When oil begins to smoke add scallops.
- Sear each side for one minute or until each side is golden brown.
- Add 1/2 cup of wine and lower heat to medium.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove scallops from pan.
- Add remaining wine and lemon juice,and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- Add butter, parsley and season with pepper.
- Place scallops on a plate and smother with sauce.
SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE II
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- In a skillet over medium heat, mix the chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, shallot, and garlic. Cook and stir until most of the liquid has been reduced. Stir in the butter until melted.
- Brush the scallops with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Broil the scallops in the preheated oven about 2 minutes on each side, or until opaque. Serve with the wine sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.7 calories, Carbohydrate 7.8 g, Cholesterol 99.1 mg, Fat 16 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 28.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 3123.6 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
CREAMY SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and cook the shallots for 4 minutes. Add the wine and vinegar and bring to a simmer. Cook liquid until it starts to thicken. Stir in the heavy cream and simmer for 8 minutes. Stir in the parsley, salt, pepper and scallops. Simmer the scallops for about two minutes or until they are a milky white. Serve over rice.
SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and cook the shallots for 2 minutes. Add the wine and vinegar and bring to a simmer. Cook liquid until it starts to thicken. Stir in the heavy cream and simmer for 4 minutes. Stir in the parsley, salt, pepper and scallops. Simmer the scallops for about two minutes or until they are a milky white. Serve immediately with rice pilaf.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH PAN SAUCE
- Cut 2 tablespoons of the butter into pea-sized pieces, put it on a small plate, and stick it in the freezer. Heat a large skillet over medium-heat high for 3 or 4 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and the olive oil and wait for the butter to melt.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels, add them to the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper; work in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the skillet. Cook, turning once, until they are well browned on both sides but not quite cooked through, 2 minutes per side (less if the scallops are under 1 inch across; more if they're over). Transfer the scallops to a plate.
- Stir in the garlic, lemon juice, and wine and scrape all the brown bits off the bottom of the skillet with a spatula. Lower the heat to medium and cook until the liquid in the skillet thickens, a minute or two, then whisk in the butter you chilled in the freezer, one bit at a time, to make a creamy sauce, adding another tablespoon or two of liquid if necessary.
- Return the scallops to the skillet and add the chives. Adjust the heat so the sauce bubbles gently and toss to coat the scallops with the sauce. To serve, transfer the scallops to a platter and spoon the sauce over all.
- Seared Scallops With Cherry Tomatoes and Basil: Skip the lemon juice. Cut 1 pint cherry tomatoes in half. Add the tomatoes with the garlic and wine and cook until they wrinkle a bit and release their juice, 2 or 3 minutes. Use chopped fresh basil leaves instead of chives.
- Cooks' Notes
- Releasing From The Pan: The scallops will offer no resistance when they're ready to turn. Press down gently while the scallops cook to encourage full contact with the pan, then listen for a hiss: That's moisture heating and evaporating.
- Getting A Good Sear: The idea is to brown the scallops well on both sides without overcooking them, so keep the heat as high as you can without creating too much smoke.
- Building Sauce With Butter: After you add the liquid and deglaze the pan, the addition of butter develops fantastic creaminess and richness.
- Finishing The Dish: As soon as the scallops are cooked through completely and coated with the sauce, remove the pan from the heat; they will continue to cook. Nick-and-peek into one if you need to check for doneness.
SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE I
- In a medium saucepan, combine white wine, wine vinegar, and shallots. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated, approximately 1 tablespoon left. Stir in heavy cream and let boil down until reduced by half. Stir in butter 1 tablespoon at a time, allowing each to melt before adding the next. Keep warm while preparing the scallops.
- Preheat oven on broiler setting.
- Brush scallops with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place under preheated broiler for 2 minutes on each side, until scallops are opaque, with a bit of brown around the edges. Place a spoonful of sauce on each plate, and top with 4 scallops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354.4 calories, Carbohydrate 2.5 g, Cholesterol 108 mg, Fat 33.1 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 19.5 g, Sodium 269.4 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
SEAFOOD LINGUINI WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE
We were craving shrimp and white wine sauce on night, and this is what I came up with. Bay scallops were on sale at the store, so I threw those in too. Please feel free to use any white wine you like. I happened to have a nice bottle of sauvignon blanc on hand, and it worked just fine. As a matter of fact, it tasted amazing. Note on the sea salt: I have some Tuscan flavored sea salt which is what I used for seasoning. If you don't have a flavored salt, please feel free to add some dried spices to taste such as dried Italian spice or a little rosemary. This also tastes great reheated the next day after the pasta absorbs more of the sauce.
Provided by Kozmic Blues
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook linguini according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for a couple minutes until fragrant.
- Melt a couple tablespoons of the butter into the olive oil and garlic, and add the shrimp.
- Add the white wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for another 3-5 minutes until wine reduces.
- Add scallops, remaining 1 tbsp of butter and lemon zest.
- Cook sea scallops for another couple minutes until just warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When pasta is cooked , drain and add to a large serving bowl.
- Top linguini with the seafood and white wine and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- I like to let the pasta sit for a bit covered in foil to absorb some of the sauce before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 761.1, Fat 18.6, SaturatedFat 6.9, Cholesterol 179.4, Sodium 953.3, Carbohydrate 92.5, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 4, Protein 37.7
SCALLOPS WITH A CREAMY SAUCE.
great for dinner partys or dining with friends. this sauce could also be paired with other meats/fishes.
Provided by emily12345
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- heat a little amount of oil in a pan
- add the crushed garlic cloves and chopped shallots,until shallots are golden brown.
- next add the cream and wine, lemon juice and parsley into the pan.keep on a low heat until starts bubbling then add seasoning.
- Now in a frying pan but i little oil in, wait until the oil is hot and add the scallops cook well for about 1-2 minutes on both sides or until golden brown.
- serve the scallops with the sauce and season again, serve with a warm bread baton
More about "francos sea scallops in white wine sauce recipes"
10 BEST SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE CREAM SAUCE RECIPES - …
SAVORY SEA SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE | EAT ...
5/5 (1)Servings 2Cuisine European, FrenchTotal Time 15 mins
SAUTEED SCALLOPS WITH PASTA RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SCALLOPS RECIPE TIPS TO MAKE HOME AND FAMILY RECIPES ...
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH PASTA RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAUTéED SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE REDUCTION RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PETITE BAY SCALLOPS WITH SIMPLE WHITE WINE SAUCE ...
SEARED WHITE WINE SCALLOPS - BIGOVEN.COM
SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE I | RECIPESTY
WINE AND BUTTER BAKED SCALLOPS - KRAZY KITCHEN MOM
PAN FRIED SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE GARLIC SAUCE - SIMPLY ...
EASY WHITE WINE BUTTER SCALLOPS - MY KITCHEN LOVE
FRANCOS SEA SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE-HERB SAUCE - ERECIPE
LEMON SCALLOP PASTA (30 MINUTES) - ZONA COOKS
SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE I RECIPE
SAVORY SEA SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SCALLOPS BONNE FEMME (SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE ...
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CREAMY GARLIC WINE SAUCE | THE ...
SAVORY SEA SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAKED SCALLOPS WITH CHEESE AND WINE SAUCE - COOKING MELANGERY
SCALLOPS IN LEMON WINE SAUCE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SCALLOPS WITH SAUCE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE I - SEAFOOD
SCALLOPS WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE | VISIT A WINERY
RECIPES FOR SAUTEED SEA SCALLOPS - THERESCIPES.INFO
SCALLOPS IN BROWN BUTTER SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
WORLD BEST MUSHROOM RECIPES: FRANCO’S SEA SCALLOPS IN WINE ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #seafood #dinner-party #scallops #shellfish
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook scallops with white wine sauce?Scallops with White Wine Sauce II FoodPlease! Preheat the oven broiler. In a skillet over medium heat, mix the chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, shallot, and garlic. Cook and stir until most of the liquid has been reduced. Stir in the butter until melted. Brush the scallops with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
How to cook sea scallops with pasta?Add the white wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for another 3-5 minutes until wine reduces. Add scallops, remaining 1 tbsp of butter and lemon zest. Cook sea scallops for another couple minutes until just warmed through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. When pasta is cooked , drain and add to a large serving bowl.
What is the best sauce for scallops?White wine, butter, and shallots make a great sauce for scallops. This is easy and non-creamy for those that don't like cream sauces. Scallops with White Wine Sauce II FoodPlease! Preheat the oven broiler. In a skillet over medium heat, mix the chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, shallot, and garlic.
Can you pan fry scallops with garlic sauce?Panfried scallops with white wine garlic sauce is an easy and delicious recipe, perfect for a date night in. Served with risotto, it's a showstopper. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels.