I remember coming home sullen one day because we'd lost a softball game. Grandma, in her wisdom, suggested, "Maybe a slice of my homemade apple pie will make you feel better." One bite, and Grandma was right. If you want to learn how to make homemade apple pie filling, this is really the only recipe you need. -Maggie Greene, Granite Falls, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat. , On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim even with rim. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over crust. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edge loosely with foil. , Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 20-25 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414 calories, Fat 16g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 227mg sodium, Carbohydrate 67g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
APPLE PIE BY GRANDMA OPLE
This was my grandmother's apple pie recipe. I have never seen another one quite like it. It will always be my favorite and has won me several first place prizes in local competitions. I hope it becomes one of your favorites as well!
Provided by MOSHASMAMA
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 512.2 calories, Carbohydrate 67.8 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 26.7 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 11.1 g, Sodium 240.8 mg, Sugar 40.3 g
FRESH APPLE PIE
There's nothing better than the smell of the fresh apple pie baking in the oven. It signifies the start of cozy fall days, and it's the ultimate dessert to kick off the season. This recipe uses Betty's pie crust mix so you can skip chilling your pastry dough and get right to the baking part-meaning less time waiting around for pie and more time eating it! Apple pie is best served warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 425°F. Make pie crust mix as directed for 9-Inch Two-Crust Pie, using 1/3 cup cold water--except trim overhanging edge of bottom pastry 1 inch from rim of plate.
- Stir together 1/2 cup sugar, the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl. Add apples; toss. Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter.
- Roll remaining pastry; cut into 10 strips, each about 1/2 inch wide. Place 5 strips across filling in pie plate. Weave a cross-strip through by first folding back every other strip of the first 5 strips. Continue weaving, folding back alternate strips before adding each cross-strip, until lattice is complete. Trim ends. Fold trimmed edge of bottom crust over ends of strips, building up a high edge. Seal and flute. Brush lightly with milk; sprinkle lightly with additional sugar.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320, Carbohydrate 46 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 300 mg
EASY AS APPLE PIE
- Place bottom crust in pan. Add apples, sprinkle with sugar and nutmeg. Top with butter, place top crust over and vent with a few holes poked in pastry top. Bake 375 degrees for one hour.
CLASSIC APPLE PIE
- Peel and core the apples; slice 1/4 inch thick. Transfer to a bowl and toss with the granulated sugar and lemon juice. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 12 to 15 minutes. Add the flour, cinnamon and salt and stir until the juices thicken, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. (The filling can be made up to 2 days ahead; cover and refrigerate.)
- Roll out 1 disk of dough into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Ease into a 9-inch pie plate. Add the cooled filling and dot with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Roll out the remaining disk of dough into a 12-inch round. Lay the dough over the filling and press the two crusts together around the edges. Fold the overhanging dough under itself and crimp with your fingers. Brush the top crust with the beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cut a few slits in the top crust to let steam escape. Chill 1 hour.
- Put a baking sheet on the bottom oven rack and preheat to 425 degrees F for at least 30 minutes. Put the pie directly on the hot baking sheet and reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees F; bake until the pie is golden and the filling is bubbly, 1 hour to 1 hour, 10 minutes, rotating the pie as needed. (Cover the edges with foil if they are browning too quickly.) Transfer to a rack and let cool until the filling is set, about 3 hours.
- Pulse the flour, shortening, sugar, vinegar and salt in a food processor until it looks like fine meal. Add the butter and pulse until it is in pea-size pieces. Sprinkle in 1/4 cup ice water and pulse until the dough begins to come together. Pinch the dough with your fingers; if it doesn't hold together, add up to 4 more tablespoons ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse again.
- Divide the dough between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pat each into a disk. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or preferably overnight, or freeze up to 2 months.
APPLE PIE FROM SCRATCH RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: flour, salt, butter, ice water, granny smith apple, sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon, egg, sugar, vanilla ice cream
Provided by Alix Traeger
Categories Bakery Goods
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the flour and salt. Mix with fork until combined.
- Add in cubed butter and break up into flour with a fork. Mixture will still have lumps about the size of small peas.
- Gradually add the ice water and continue to mix until the dough starts to come together. You may not need all of the water, but if the dough is too dry then add more. The dough should not be very tacky or sticky.
- Work the dough together with your hands and turn out onto a surface. Work into a ball and cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate.
- Peel the apples, then core and slice.
- In a bowl, add the sliced apples, sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and juice from the lemon.
- Mix until combined and all apples are coated. Refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (200°C).
- On a floured surface, cut the pie dough in half and roll out both halves until round and about ⅛-inch (3 mm) thick.
- Roll the dough around the rolling pin and unroll onto a pie dish making sure the dough reaches all edges. Trim extra if necessary.
- Pour in apple filling mixture and pat down.
- Roll the other half of the dough on top.
- Trim the extra dough from the edges and pinch the edges to create a crimp. Make sure edges are sealed together.
- Brush the pie with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Cut four slits in the top of the pie to create a vent.
- Bake pie for 50-60 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and no greyish or undercooked pastry remains.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Top with ice cream and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276 calories, Carbohydrate 60 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 5 grams, Sugar 27 grams
- Lightly flour a large piece of waxed paper; place a disk of dough in center. Rolling from center outward, form into a 12-inch circle. (Use paper to rotate dough, and flour rolling pin and paper as necessary to prevent sticking.) Transfer dough (still on paper) to a baking sheet; cover and refrigerate. Repeat with second disk of dough.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with a rack set in lowest position. Remove first circle of dough from refrigerator; wrap around rolling pin (discarding paper), and carefully unroll over a 9-inch pie plate. Gently lift edges and lower dough into the pie plate so it hugs bottom and sides. Avoid stretching the dough, which will make it shrink during baking. Refrigerate.
- Place lemon juice in a large bowl. Peel, core, and cut apples into 1/4-inch-thick slices; halve crosswise, and add to lemon juice (to keep them from turning brown) as you work. Add sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt; toss to combine.
- Remove dough-lined pie plate from refrigerator. Fill with apple mixture, gently packing apples and mounding slightly in center; dot with butter. Lightly brush rim of pie shell with water. Remove remaining circle of dough from refrigerator. Lay over apples; press along moistened rim to seal. Using kitchen shears, trim overhang to 1 inch.
- With floured fingers, fold overhang under itself to form a thick rim; pinch between thumb and forefinger to form a uniform edge around the rim of the pie plate.
- To crimp edges: With thumb and index finger of one hand, gently press dough against knuckle of other hand; continue around pie. (Deep indentations anchor dough on rim and prevent it from sliding down sides of pie plate during baking.)
- With a floured paring knife, cut 5 to 6 slits in top of pie, radiating from center; place pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes; reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake until crust is golden and juices are bubbling, 50 to 60 minutes more. If edges brown too quickly, cover with aluminum foil. Cool completely, at least 6 hours, before serving.
FRESH APPLE PIE
- Heat oven to 450.
- Stir together sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix lightly with apples.
- Pour into pastry-lined pie pan.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust,.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.4, Fat 4.1, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 10.2, Sodium 54.5, Carbohydrate 46.4, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 38, Protein 0.9
OLD FASHIONED APPLE PIE
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a bowl combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Place mixture in a pastry-lined 9 inch pie plate. Dot with butter and adjust top crust that has been vented.
- Place in oven and bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Turn oven temperature down to 275-300 degrees F (135-150 degrees C) and bake 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender. Let cool and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402 calories, Carbohydrate 61.4 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 17.2 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 373.5 mg, Sugar 35 g
GRANDMA'S APPLE PIE
You'll elicit oohs and aahs every time you serve slices of this classic apple pie. The crisp crust is a nice complement to the tender apples.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim crust even with edge of plate. Set aside. , In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Arrange half of the apples in pastry shell; sprinkle with half of the sugar mixture. Repeat layers. Dot with butter. , Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with milk and sprinkle with additional sugar. , Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm if desired or cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417 calories, Fat 17g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 229mg sodium, Carbohydrate 65g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
APPLE PIE RECIPE
Try this classic Apple Pie recipe. Made with refrigerated crusts, this fresh Apple Pie recipe is a breeze to prepare and even easier to enjoy!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings, one piece each
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss apples with sugar, tapioca and spices. Let stand 15 min.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with 1 of the crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie; fill with fruit mixture. Dot with butter. Cover with remaining crust; seal and flute edge. Cut several slits in top crust to permit steam to escape.
- Bake 45 to 50 min. or until juice begins to bubble through slits in crust. Cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390, Fat 18 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 320 mg, Carbohydrate 55 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 29 g, Protein 3 g
More about "fresh apple pie recipes"
APPLE PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FRESH HOMEMADE APPLE PIE - MY WINDOWSILL
10 BEST APPLE PIE FRESH APPLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLE PIE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | DEEP-DISH APPLE PIE | RECIPES
GRANNY SMITH APPLE PIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
APPLE PIE RECIPE WITH THE BEST FILLING (VIDEO)
BEST HOMEMADE APPLE PIE RECIPE - DELISH
PERFECT APPLE PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
FRESH APPLE PIE LIKE YOUR GRANDMOTHER USED TO MAKE
CLASSIC APPLE PIE RECIPE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
EASY APPLE PIE RECIPE | CLASSIC APPLE DESSERT THANKSGIVING!
APPLE PIE RECIPE | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
HOMEMADE APPLE PIE RECIPE (STEP-BY-STEP) - SPEND …
HOMEMADE APPLE PIE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
HOMEMADE FRESH APPLE PIE RECIPE - ANN'S ENTITLED LIFE
FRESH APPLE PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
APPLE PIE RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
THE BEST (SERIOUSLY) APPLE PIE RECIPE (SHEET PAN APPLE PIE FOR A …
HOMEMADE APPLE PIE - BEST RECIPE FOR APPLE PIE
30 BEST FRESH APPLE PIE RECIPES IDEAS - PINTEREST
A HOMEMADE SMALL APPLE PIE RECIPE FOR TWO THAT YOU MUST TRY!
HOW TO MAKE APPLE PIE WITH THIS STEP-BY-STEP PHOTO GUIDE
APPLE PIE RECIPES - BAKED, INDIAN & MORE | TASTE OF HOME
CLASSIC APPLE PIE | RICARDO
50+ HOMEMADE APPLE PIE RECIPES - EASY APPLE PIES FROM SCRATCH
THE BEST FRIED APPLE PIES RECIPE (HOMEMADE) - KINDLY UNSPOKEN
9 EASY AND DELICIOUS APPLE PIE RECIPES - NEWS.COM.AU
FRESH APPLE PIE - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
FRESH APPLE PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
FRESH APPLE PIE RECIPE — EATWELL101
SUGAR FREE APPLE PIE RECIPES WITH FRESH APPLES - DANNY'S BLOG
OUR FAVORITE APPLE PIE - INSPIRED TASTE
GRANNY SMITH APPLE PIE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
FRESH APPLE PIE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
FRESH PICKED MINI APPLE PIE RECIPE | MY CRAZY GOOD LIFE
EASY HOMEMADE APPLE PIE RECIPE - COOKIES AND CUPS
You'll also love