GREEN PEA SOUP
Provided by Ellie Krieger
Yield 4 (1 1/4 cup) servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over moderately-low heat. Add the onion, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the broth, tarragon, salt and a few turns of freshly ground black pepper and bring to a boil. Add the peas and cook just until defrosted.
- In a blender, puree the soup in 2 batches until very smooth. If serving hot, return the soup to the pot and bring just to a simmer. If serving cold, transfer to the refrigerator to chill. Ladle into bowls. Stir the yogurt so that it is smooth and top each serving with a swirl of yogurt.
FRESH PEA SOUP
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan, add the leeks and onion, and cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until the onion is tender. Add the chicken stock, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Add the peas and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the peas are tender. (Frozen peas will take only 3 minutes.) Off the heat, add the mint, salt, and pepper.
- *Puree the soup in batches: place 1 cup of soup in a blender, place the lid on top, and puree on low speed. With the blender still running, open the venthole in the lid and slowly add more soup until the blender is three-quarters full. Pour the soup into a large bowl and repeat until all the soup is pureed. Whisk in the creme fraiche and chives and taste for seasoning. Serve hot with garlic croutons.
GREEN PEA AND HAM SOUP
- Make the broth:
- Combine the hocks, vegetables, bay leaf, peppercorns, and 8 cups of water in a medium stockpot and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn the heat to low, put the lid on, and cook at a nice steady simmer until the meat on the hocks is so tender it's almost falling off the bone, 4 to 5 hours.
- Carefully remove the hocks and put them in a big bowl. Strain the cooking liquid through a sieve into the bowl, and discard the vegetables and aromatics. Let the hocks cool in the liquid.
- When the hocks are cool enough to handle, pull off the meat in bite-sized chunks. Discard the bones and any hard bits and some of the fat, but don't throw away the skin-I add the skin to the soup in thin slices, along with the chunks of ham. You don't have to, but I like the way it goes sticky in the soup. You can keep the stock and meat (moistened with a splash of stock) in separate airtight containers in the fridge for up to two days. Gently warm the meat and skin before proceeding with the recipe. This recipe requires only 4 cups of stock-you may freeze the leftover stock for up to a month for your next batch of soup.
- Make the soup:
- Put the butter in a large pot that has a lid and set it over medium heat. Once the butter starts to froth, add the onion, carrot, and salt and stir. Cover the pot and cook, stirring every now and again, until the onions are soft and creamy (but not colored) and the carrots are tender but firm, about 15 minutes.
- Add the wine and bring it to a boil (turn the heat up if you need to). Let the wine boil until it's all but gone, about 5 minutes. Add the mint and 4 cups of the ham broth and bring the liquid to a boil, then add the peas. (At this point, the carrots will have bobbed to the top. I like to pick out most of the carrot chunks before pureeing the soup, then add them back after. That way, you can nibble on them in the soup, getting that bit of texture.) Cook at a simmer until the peas are warmed through and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Blend the pot's contents, in batches, until smooth. Return all the bright-green pea puree to the large pot, add the ham pieces and carrots, and cook at a very gentle simmer for about 5 minutes, just to let the flavors mingle and heat the ham. Have a taste, and season with salt. How much you need to add will depend on how salty the ham hocks are.
- Add a generous drizzle of olive oil, several twists of black pepper, and the torn mint leaves. Then add the crème fraîche in little blobs here and there, so everyone will get a bit. Serve the soup in the pot, with small bowls along-side.
FRESH PEA SOUP
This soup is known in France as Potage Saint-Germain, a name that comes from a suburb of Paris where peas used to be cultivated in market gardens. If fresh peas are not available, use frozen peas, but thaw and rinse them before use. Croutons make an excellent garnish!
Provided by Lizz C.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Cook the shallots until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Pour in the water and peas, season to taste with salt and pepper. Increase the heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the peas are tender, 12 to 18 minutes.
- Puree the peas in a blender or food processor in batches. Strain back into the saucepan, stir in the cream if using, and reheat. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.5 calories, Carbohydrate 20.2 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 10.3 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 6.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 202.5 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
FRESH GREEN PEA SOUP
All that I'm saying is give peas a chance! This is a refreshing and light soup from Christine Cushing -- the buttermilk adds a little tang to balance out the sweet peas. While fresh is best, you can also use frozen peas.
Provided by CountryLady
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium and lightly cook chopped green onion and garlic.
- Add potatoes and stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat, partially cover and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Add peas and let simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Carefully puree soup in blender or with a hand blender until smooth.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Reheat until steaming.
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Serve and garnish with pancetta.
SPLIT PEA AND GREEN PEA SOUP WITH FRESH DILL
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add leek and bay leaf. Sauté until leek wilts, about 3 minutes. Add split peas and stir to coat. Add 5 1/4 cups broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until split peas are just tender, about 35 minutes. Remove from heat. Transfer 1 cup soup solids, bay leaf, and remaining 1/2 cup broth to blender. Add petite peas and 4 tablespoons dill. Puree until smooth. Return puree to soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon dill.
More about "fresh green pea soup recipes"
GREEN PEA SOUP RECIPE - CHOWHOUND
5/5 (4)Total Time 45 minsServings 4Calories 131 per serving
- Add the leek, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and a pinch of pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and bring to a boil again. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the peas are tender, about 5 minutes.
CREAM OF PEA SOUP - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
4.6/5 (11)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main Course, SoupCalories 160 per serving
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot over medium high heat. Add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until soft, stirring frequently so they don't burn, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, peas, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer until the peas are soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Using a immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy. Alternatively you could use a blender. If using a blender, carefully put soup in blender in batches, and pulse until creamy, being careful as the soup is very hot. Put soup back in pot if using a blender.
- Add in heavy cream and stir to thicken up. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve. Optional - add some fresh parsley or mint on top before serving.
PEA SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Ratings 13Calories 287 per servingCategory Healthy Pea Soup Recipes
- Heat butter and oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat until the butter melts. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and thyme (or parsley); cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Stir in peas. Add water and broth; bring to a lively simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a lively simmer and cook until very tender, about 1 minute.
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender until smooth. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.) Stir in half-and-half (if using), salt and pepper.
FRESH GREEN SPINACH & PEA SOUP INSPIRED BY THE SOUP DRAGON ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 23 minsCategory LunchCalories 136 per serving
- Add the peas and bring the mixture back up to a simmer. Scoop out around 4 tablespoons of the peas and set aside to add to the top of the soup later.
- Stir in the spinach and yogurt and then blitz the soup until smooth. You can use a stand or hand blender.
PEA RECIPES: 17 EASY DELICIOUS IDEAS - THE CLEVER MEAL
5/5 (2)Total Time 15 minsCategory Pasta
- Warm the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until the onion has softened and is turning translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Then add vegetable broth (or water), raise the heat, bring to a boil and stir in pasta and salt (I use 1 tsp of salt and then I adjust the seasoning at the end). You might need to add or to reduce the amount of water according to the type of pasta.
- Cover with a lid, reduce the heat and cook your pasta in the starchy water. During the cooking time, you need to stir often until the water is absorbed, otherwise, it will stick to the bottom. The water should barely cover the pasta, but it's fine, add extra water gradually only if needed.
BAREFOOT CONTESSA'S FRESH PEA SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (9)Total Time 20 minsCategory < 30 MinsCalories 289 per serving
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan, add the leeks and onion, and cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until the onion is tender.
- Add the peas and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the peas are tender. (Frozen peas will take only 3 minutes.)
GREEN PEA SOUP RECIPE - VENTRAY KITCHEN
CREAM OF GREEN PEA SOUP RECIPE | OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC
3.7/5 (43)Servings 4-5Cuisine Soups, Stews, ChowdersCategory Appetizers, Lunch, Main Dish
COLD GREEN PEA SOUP (GREEN PEA GAZPACHO)
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
GREEN PEA SOUP | ARCTIC GARDENS
28 FUN AND SEASONAL RECIPES FOR FRESH PEAS | MYRECIPES
GREEN PEA SOUP - WITH BASIL AND PARMESAN - COOKTHESTORY
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 minsCategory SoupCalories 298 per serving
- Add the frozen peas, broth, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, dijon mustard, salt, 4 of the basil leaves, and the green onion to a large pot set over high heat. Bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Transfer half of the mixture to a blender or food processor and puree. Pour it into a big bowl and then puree the rest. Add it to the big bowl and stir.
- Ladle into soup bowls. Top each serving with 4 basil leaves, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and a teaspoon or two of olive oil.
POTAGE ST. GERMAIN | FRESH PEA SOUP RECIPE - WINTER SOUP ...
Category AppetizerTotal Time 30 mins
- Pressure cook the peas, potato and mint with salt and water till they are cooked. Once it cools down completely, blitz it into a puree.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat the butter and oil. Saute the garlic lightly before adding the flour. Now pour the milk and whisk everything together. There should be no lumps in the sauce.
- Pour the vegetable puree in the sauce and mix everything. It should thicken up as it simmers. Check seasoning and add salt as needed. turn off the heat when you think the consistency is perfect.
FRESH PEA SOUP WITH MINT RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add peas, broth, and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until peas are very tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; let stand 15 minutes. Stir in juice, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place half of pea mixture in blender; process until smooth. Pour pureed soup mixture into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining pea mixture. Pour half of pureed soup mixture through a sieve over a large bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids. Return liquid to pureed soup mixture. Ladle about 3/4 cup soup mixture into each of 6 bowls; drizzle each with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon mint. Garnish with cracked pepper, if desired.
FRESH GREEN PEAS SOUP - THE MAD SCIENTISTS KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Category Appetizers-Starters, SoupsCuisine WorldTotal Time 20 mins
FRESH GREEN PEA SOUP RECIPE| STEP BY STEP WITH PHOTOS ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory SoupCalories 190 per serving
- Saute flour and garlic in butter and oil on low flame for 1 minute. Then pour chicken stock slowly, little at a time and mixing constantly to avoid lumps formation.
- Pour in remaining chicken stock, blended pea mixture, salt, pepper and corns. Bring it to boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
5-INGREDIENT VEGAN PEA SOUP - VIBRANT PLATE
Reviews 345Calories 183 per servingCategory Vegetarian
- In a pot, heat a table spoon of vegetable oil, then add onion and garlic and gently fry until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add diced potatoes and peas, pour over with vegetable stock and season with salt, pepper and finely chopped fresh herbs to taste.
- Let it simmer and cook on low for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes and peas are fork-tender. Then, remove from heat, add a tablespoon of lemon juice and blend until smooth in a blender (or with a stick blender).
FRESH PEA SOUP WITH HERBS - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory SoupCalories 258 per serving
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and cook it for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent.
FRESH GREEN PEA SOUP, QUICK GREEN PEAS SOUP RECIPE, INDIAN ...
4/5 (9)Energy 84 calCarbohydrates 13.1 gFiber 4.4 g
FRESH GREEN PEA SOUP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
GREEN PEA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PEA SOUP RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #soups-stews #vegetables #stove-top #dietary #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make peas and pea soup?Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is transparent, about 3 minutes. Add the peas, spinach, stock, and thyme and bring nearly to a simmer. (If you are using fresh peas, simmer for 5 minutes.) Blend the soup with an immersion blender or in 2 batches in a regular blender.
What is the best way to make green soup?This beautiful green soup is creamy, healthy and easy to make on the stove top! Melt the butter in a large soup pot over medium high heat. Add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until soft, stirring frequently so they don’t burn, about 5 minutes. Add vegetable broth, peas, salt and pepper.
How to cook green peas and onions in a pan?Melt butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over low heat. Add the 4 chopped green onions, and cook until softened, but not brown. Stir in the peas, vegetable stock, and 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint. Increase heat to medium, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat back to low, cover, and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
What is the best way to cook fresh peas?Our other favorite pea recipe is this Cream of Pea Soup. It’s a creamy, velvety smooth soup that’s made with 3 cups of peas and vegetable broth. This soup lets the taste of the fresh peas shine through – you really don’t need much more! Onion & Garlic. Melt butter in a large soup pot, adding chopped onion and minced garlic to it.