BATTERED FRIED CLAMS
These fried clams are nothing like the ones you find frozen in the supermarket, these are the real McCoy. I like to serve them with my KFC Coleslaw Recipe #110948, chips, or onion rings and french fries and of course tartar sauce is an absolute must! AYUH thats the truth. Note:the cook time is 1-1/2minutes PER BATCH
Provided by lets.eat
Categories No Shell Fish
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium sized bowl mix milk, egg yolk, butter, and salt. Sift the flour into the milk mixture stir until smooth. In a small chilled bowl beat the egg white with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. (For best results: refrigerate the bowl, mixer blade and egg white prior to mixing) Fold the beaten egg white into the milk mixture.
- In a large saucepan or deep fat fryer heat oil to 375'. Poke each clam with fork. Dip clams into the batter. Fry a few at a time around 1-1/2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove with slotted spoon, drain on paper towels or on brown paper bags. Keep warm in a 300' oven while frying the remaining clams.
- Serve with tartar sauce.
The clam's crunchy, golden coating will truly melt in your mouth. One bite and you'll understand why these are considered a delicacy! Tim Connolly, Freeport, Maine
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a shallow bowl, combine 3/4 cup cornmeal and 1/4 cup flour with the water, forming a batter. In another bowl, combine the remaining cornmeal and flour., Dip clams in batter; shake off excess. Coat with cornmeal mixture., In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry clams, a few at a time, for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with salt. , Serve immediately with sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127 calories, Fat 4g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 4mg cholesterol, Sodium 106mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
DEEP FRIED CLAMS
- Gather the ingredients. Preheat the deep-fryer to 375 F or heat 3 inches of peanut oil in a Dutch oven.
- Measure cracker crumbs, poultry seasoning, salt, chipotle pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and dill weed into a large zip-top bag. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- Stir the clams into the beaten eggs. Using a slotted spoon, remove a few clams at a time and place them in the bag of herbed cracker crumbs. Shake to coat, remove clams, and place on a platter. Repeat until all clams are coated.
- Fry clams in batches, about 30 seconds, until golden brown. Take care not to crowd the clams while frying. Drain on paper towels and serve hot as an appetizer or entrée.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416 kcal, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 128 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 23 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 548 mg, Sugar 0 g, Fat 24 g, ServingSize 2 to 4 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
FRIED CLAMS AND OYSTERS
- Pour enough olive oil into a large, deep, heavy frying pan to reach a depth of 3 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 degrees F.
- While the oil is heating, put the buttermilk and the bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Working in batches, dip clams and oysters in buttermilk to coat completely. Allow the excess buttermilk to drip back in to the bowl. Dredge clams and oysters in the bread crumbs. Place the clams and oysters on a baking sheet, and continue.
- When the oil is hot, fry the clams and oysters in batches, about 3 minutes per batch. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried seafood to paper towels to drain.
- Immediately sprinkle the fried seafood with freshly squeezed lemon and sea salt. Serve with a bowl of warmed spicy marinara or arrabiata sauce for dipping.
FRIED CLAMS WITH TARTAR AND COCKTAIL SAUCES
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Combine the corn flour, all-purpose flour, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk together the milk and egg in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add enough oil to a heavy-bottomed pot fitted with a deep-frying thermometer to reach 4 inches up the sides. Heat the oil to 365 degrees F and line a sheet tray with paper towels.
- Dip the clams in the milk, then into the seasoned flour. Add 8 to 10 clams to the oil at a time and fry in batches until they are crispy and golden brown, 45 seconds to 1 minute. Remove the clams to the lined sheet tray. Continue frying the remaining clams.
- Sprinkle the clams with salt and pepper and transfer to a platter. Serve with the Tartar and Cocktail sauces and lemon wedges.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, relish, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Stir together the ketchup, chile paste, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and refrigerate until serving, or up to 1 week.
- Start by heating canola oil in pot over moderate heat until a deep-fat thermometer registers 380°F.
- While oil is heating, rinse and drain clam strips in a colander and stir together with buttermilk in a large bowl. Drain clams well in a colander set over a bowl, at least 5 minutes (reserve drained buttermilk).
- Stir together cornstarch, cornmeal, flour, curry powder, celery salt, cayenne, and kosher salt in a large bowl.
- Dredge 1 handful of drained clams in flour mixture, then shake in a large sieve over flour bowl to remove excess flour. Transfer clams, one by one, shaking them again to remove any excess flour mixture, to a baking sheet. Wash and dry lemons and cut crosswise into 1/16-inch slices. Dip 3 or 4 slices in reserved buttermilk, let excess drip off, then dredge in flour mixture, shaking off excess (don't use the sieve).
- Fry coated clams with coated lemon slices and 1/4 cup parsley sprigs per batch until clams are crisp and golden, about 1 1/2 minutes, then transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with kosher salt to taste. Return oil to 380°F between batches, removing any bits of fried batter with a fine sieve and coating next batch of clams and lemon slices. The batches will get progressively darker, but that won't affect the flavor.
- Available at Wild Edibles (212-687-4255) and many fish stores with advance notice.
FRIED RAZOR CLAMS
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a bowl, mix crushed crackers with black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Place eggs in a separate bowl. Dip clams into eggs, then into cracker mixture to evenly coat.
- Fry clams in the hot oil until golden brown. Do not over cook.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215 calories, Carbohydrate 25 g, Cholesterol 96.3 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 7.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 405.3 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
LINDA'S NEW ENGLAND FRIED CLAMS
This is a really TASTY Fried Clam recipe. Try it and see for yourself... It's a WINNER! You can also use this same recipe for scallops, oysters, and any other fish...
Provided by Lindas Busy Kitchen
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to its lowest setting.
- Line a lg. cookie sheet with double thickness of paper towels, and place it in the oven.
- Pour vegetable oil into a deep fryer, or a lg. heavy saucepan, to a depth of about 3".
- Heat oil to 375°F.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until well blended, then stir in the milk and salt.
- Spread the flour on a lg. strip of wax paper.
- Drop the clams into the egg-milk mixture, and let them soak for 1 minute.
- Pick up a handful of the soaked clams, and roll them in the flour until well coated. Shake off any excess flour before dropping in the oil.
- Immediately drop the floured clams into the hot oil, and deep-fry for 1-2 mins., until golden brown.
- As they brown, transfer them to the towel-lined pan, and keep them warm in the oven, while the rest are cooking.
- Serve with lemon wedges, tarter sauce, and ketchup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 674.5, Fat 21.1, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 417.7, Sodium 3450.7, Carbohydrate 47.8, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 0.5, Protein 70
FRESH FRIED CLAMS
- Mix the cream with the red-pepper sauce and set aside. Combine the cornmeal with the flour and set aside.
- Dip the clams into the cream mixture. Remove them and dredge through the cornmeal mixture.
- Heat the oil and butter until hot, then add the clams. Cook for two to three minutes before flipping them over and cook for another one and a half minutes. Remove the clams and place them on a paper towel to drain. Add three tablespoons of the reserved clam liquid to the tartar sauce. Serve the clams, while hot, with the tartar sauce.
FRIED SOFT-SHELL CLAMS
- Rinse the clams under cold water and drain. Fill a pot large enough to hold all the clams half full of water and bring to a boil. Add the clams, reduce the flame to low and let the clams sit for 3 or 4 minutes. Drain and place the clams in a bowl of cold water. When cool, open each shell and remove the clam. Use a small knife to cut out any that adhere. Discard the black mantle covering the neck. Soak the clams in a bowl with evaporated milk or buttermilk.
- In a heavy skillet or deep fryer, heat the oil to 360 degrees. Meanwhile, remove the clams from the milk and drain. Combine the flour, masa harina, baking powder and salt. When the oil is hot, toss the clams in the flour mixture to coat. Shake off any loose flour and immediately put the clams into the oil. Do not let floured clams sit or they will not be crisp when fried. In a minute or two, when the clams are a little darker than cornflakes, remove them, drain on paper towels and serve with tartar sauce.
More about "fried clams recipes"
FRIED CLAMS - NEW ENGLAND FRIED CLAMS RECIPE | HANK SHAW
4.7/5 (17)Total Time 30 minsCategory Appetizer, Main CourseCalories 290 per serving
- Pick through the clams to make sure there are no bits of shell or obvious grit. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Submerge the clams in buttermilk.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºF and put a rack set over a baking sheet inside the oven. Heat enough oil to float the clams, about a quart or so. What oil? Anything you feel like, but I prefer peanut oil or, well... fresh lard. You want the oil hot, about 360ºF.
- When the oil is almost ready, coat a few clams in the breading. Don't do more than your fryer can handle in one batch, as you want the clams to go right from breading into the fryer. If you want super-extra crispy clams, dip the breaded clams back in the buttermilk and again in the breading; I think this is too much, but some people like them that way.
- Fry the clams until they are golden brown, about 90 seconds to 2 minutes. Move them to the rack in the oven and repeat with the remaining clams -- make sure the oil gets back up to temperature between batches. Serve with homemade tartar sauce, malt vinegar, remoulade, ketchup or hot sauce.
NEW ENGLAND FRIED CLAMS — JUST ME AND THE CLAMS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
FRIED CLAM BATTER - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
STIR-FRIED CLAMS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
FRIED CLAMS ......A TRADITIONAL MAINE FAVORITE - YOUTUBE
FRIED STEAMER CLAMS - HOUSE & HOME
HOW TO MAKE FRIED CLAMS AT HOME WITH CHEF TIPS
STIR FRY GARLIC CLAMS RECIPE 蒜炒啦啦 | HUANG KITCHEN
PAN-FRIED CLAMS RECIPE | FISHEX SEAFOODS
HOWARD JOHNSON'S FRIED CLAMS - THE FOOD DICTATOR
AIR FRYER FRIED CLAMS - FORK TO SPOON
STIR-FRIED CLAMS IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
CLAM SHACK-STYLE FRIED CLAMS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
FRIED IPSWICH WHOLE BELLY CLAMS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
HOW TO FRY CLAMS - VIDEO FROM WOODMAN'S OF ESSEX
27 BEST FRIED CLAM RECIPES IDEAS | FRIED CLAMS, CLAM ...
FRIED CLAMS - THE REAL DEAL RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
FRIED CLAMS AND CHIPS – KILTED CHEF
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST FRIED CLAMS EVER | BY RACHEL WHARTON ...
12 BEST CLAM RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
FRIED STEAMER CLAMS: AN EASY AT-HOME WAY TO ENJOY THIS ...
FRIED CLAMS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE FRIED CLAMS
10 BEST BABY CLAMS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRESH CLAMS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRISPY FRIED LITTLE NECK CLAMS – CHEF BENNY DORO
BATTER-FRIED CLAMS WITH TARTAR SAUCE - READER'S DIGEST
FRIED CLAMS WITH AIOLI DIPPING SAUCE - PACIFIC SEAFOOD
DEEP-FRIED CLAMS OR SCALLOPS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
ឆាលៀសអំពិលទុំជាមួយម្ទេស | STIR FRIED CLAMS WITH TAMARIND ...
FRIED WHOLE BELLY CLAMS WITH SIMPLE TARTAR SAUCE - GARLIC ...
BURLEIGH BROTHERS SEAFOOD LTD - FRIED CLAMS
CLAM RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FRIED CLAMS RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
RECIPE: NEW ENGLAND-STYLE FRIED CLAMS - TASTING TABLE
HOWARD JOHNSON'S FRIED CLAMS | THE SPLENDID TABLE
SPICY FRIED CLAMS RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
STIR FRIED CLAMS RECIPE WITH SPICY SWEET TAMARIND SAUCE ...
FRIED CLAM STRIPS RECIPE (FRIENDLY'S COPYCAT) - RECIPES.NET
You'll also love