- Shake flour, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag.
- Pour oil into a large iron skillet over medium heat. Coat a handful eggplant slices with the flour mixture. Add to the hot oil; cook until crisp and light brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until other side is browned, 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove slices carefully and move to a plate or cooling rack; cover with paper towels. Repeat with the remaining eggplant slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244.7 calories, Carbohydrate 42.8 g, Cholesterol 5.9 mg, Fat 4.5 g, Fiber 6.4 g, Protein 9.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 1367.5 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Peel 2 small eggplants and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Put 1 cup flour in a shallow bowl, beat 4 eggs in another bowl and put 1 cup breadcrumbs in another. Coat the eggplant in flour, then egg (let any excess drip off), then breadcrumbs. Heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the eggplant in batches until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side (add more oil if necessary). Drain on a rack and sprinkle with salt.
EASY FRIED EGGPLANT
An easy and quick way to prepare eggplant, and tasty too! I serve it with sliced fresh tomatoes, fresh green beans and bread and butter. An inexpensive meal from my childhood and still a favorite!
Provided by WALLEN
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in crumbs, and place in hot oil. Fry 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357.1 calories, Carbohydrate 45.8 g, Cholesterol 139.5 mg, Fat 13.8 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 451 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
DEEP FRIED EGGPLANT
- Place the flour, egg, and bread crumbs each in 3 small bowls. Add the 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the egg and whisk to combine. Season the bread crumbs with the tablespoon of Essence and stir with a fork or your hands to thoroughly combine.
- Dredge each piece of eggplant in the flour, coating thoroughly and then shaking to remove any excess flour. Coat each piece with the egg, then dredge in the bread crumb mixture, pressing to make the bread crumbs adhere. Transfer the eggplant pieces to a rack or to paper towels to let them dry slightly before frying.
- In a deep, heavy skillet heat 1/2-inch of vegetable oil to 375 degrees F. Fry the eggplant pieces, in batches if necessary, for about 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer with tongs to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle lightly with salt before serving. Serve with marinara sauce, or as desired.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/2-inch thick slices. Line two large sheet trays with paper towels and lay the slices on top in a single layer. Season with a light sprinkle of salt all over both sides of the eggplant. Set aside for 45 minutes, then pat each slice dry with a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, place the flour on a plate. In a wide shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. In another wide, shallow bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Working 2 to 3 eggplant slices at a time, dredge in the flour to coat completely, dip in the egg mixture, then coat in the panko breadcrumb mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet filled with about 1/4-inch of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Heat until very hot (about 350 degrees). Working in batches, cook 4 to 5 slices of eggplant in a single layer until golden brown on each side, about 3 minutes total. Remove from the oil and transfer to a wire rack set over a sheet tray (or a sheet tray lined with paper towels). Hold the fried eggplant warm in the oven. Continue to fry the eggplant slices, adding more oil as needed to the skillet.
- Sprinkle with parsley and season with salt to taste. Serve alongside marinara sauce if you like.
- Peel eggplants and cut each crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Cut slices into sticks, each about 3/4 inch wide. There should be about 6 cups.
- Put egg in a large mixing bowl and add water, rosemary, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Beat well.
- Dip eggplant pieces in flour to coat well. Put pieces in egg mixture. Use fingers to coat pieces well.
- Put bread crumbs in a flat dish and put egg-coated eggplant pieces in. Toss to coat uniformly. Transfer eggplant to a flat dish.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or kettle to 375 degrees. Add half the eggplant pieces and cook 3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Drain thoroughly. Repeat, deep-frying with remaining eggplant. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 544, UnsaturatedFat 25 grams, Carbohydrate 57 grams, Fat 30 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 496 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- Place eggplant rounds in an even layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and let stand 10 minutes. Rinse under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place 1 piece of mozzarella on half of the eggplant, followed by 1 piece of basil; sandwich with remaining eggplant.
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan until it reaches 325 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer. Place flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs each in separate shallow dishes. Coat each eggplant sandwich evenly with flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip in eggs, followed by breadcrumbs to coat.
- Working in batches, gently place eggplant sandwiches into hot oil and fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Cut each sandwich into 4 equal portions; serve with tomato sauce.
FRIED EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE)
An adopted recipe I've not tried. Here's hwat the OP says about it: "Very easy fried eggplant. Just like shake n' bake!My husband really likes this recipe. He says it's the best fried eggplant he ever had. Easy to make this "parmesan" by adding sauce, mozzerella and baking. Very cheap too!! One SMALL eggplant feeds 6!"
Provided by spatchcock
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oil in pan on medium till a splash of water sizzles on it.
- Put everything in a giant freezer ziploc bag EXCEPT the eggplant, oil and eggs.
- Skake it up well.
- Lightly beat eggs in a bowl.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg and add to bag about 3-4 at a time.
- Shake them up good.
- Place battered slices in hot oil.
- flip after 2 minutes.
- Remove when browned on both sides, about 4 minutes total.
- Continue until all slices are done.
- I always make this with pasta, garlic bread and my stuffed mushrooms (recipe posted).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 863.4, Fat 77.9, SaturatedFat 11.2, Cholesterol 74.6, Sodium 796.5, Carbohydrate 33.5, Fiber 5, Sugar 4.7, Protein 10.6
CRISP FRIED EGGPLANT
- Put the cornstarch, the egg beaten with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the bread crumbs in separate small dishes. Dredge each eggplant slice in the cornstarch, coating it thoroughly and shaking off the excess, coat it with the egg mixture, and dredge it in the bread crumbs, pressing on the crumbs to make them adhere. Transfer the eggplant as it is coated to paper towels and let it dry slightly. In a deep heavy skillet fry the eggplant slices in batches in 1/2 inch of 375°F. oil for 1 minute on each side, or until they are golden brown, and transfer them with tongs to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle the eggplant lightly with the additional salt and serve it with the lemon wedges.
OVEN FRIED EGGPLANT
This is a healthier way to make fried eggplant. I think it tastes as good as the old deep-fried way. Use these to make Italian Eggplant or any other recipes that calls for it. Makes great Eggplant Grinders or just to pick up and eat with your fingers with a little salt.
Provided by Mimi in Maine
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Spray a baking sheet generously with cooking spray,.
- Mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil, and garlic salt together.
- Peel eggplant and slice about 1/4" thick.
- Dip in beaten egg whites and then in the crumb mixture.
- Put on baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes or till done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.4, Fat 5.4, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 11.2, Sodium 619.8, Carbohydrate 31.7, Fiber 10.4, Sugar 8, Protein 12.6
THE BEST FRIED-EGGPLANT SANDWICH
In the spring of 2016, my most favorite sandwich was fried eggplant, mozzarella and roast beef on an Italian hero, with hot peppers and a slash of mayonnaise. I adapted the recipe from a sandwich served at Defonte's Sandwich Shop, on Columbia Street in Red Hook, Brooklyn. It is a beautiful torpedo of food, crunchy, silken, sweet and spicy all at once. You can certainly omit the roast beef to make it vegetarian or at any rate a little smaller, the sort of meal that offers satisfaction without hurting anyone, that delivers deliciousness at a lower cost to the body that consumes it. It is still a colossal feed. It is still the best sandwich.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Line a large, rimmed sheet pan with paper towels. Trim stem end from eggplants, then peel and discard skin. Using a knife or a mandoline, slice the eggplant lengthwise into 3/16-inch-thick slabs. Arrange eggplant in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle both sides of eggplant with salt. Let stand for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Pat eggplant dry with paper towels, and stack on a plate.
- Discard the wet paper towels, and replace them in the sheet pan with more, then place a wire rack on top. In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until it is shimmery. Working in batches, fry the eggplant slabs until just tender, approximately 30 to 40 seconds per side. Transfer fried eggplant to rack to drain. Remove skillet from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and grated Parmesan. Return the skillet to the stove over medium-high heat until the oil is hot again.
- Working in batches, dip drained eggplant into egg batter, then fry in oil until puffed, lightly golden and cooked through, approximately 2 to 4 minutes per batch. Transfer fried eggplant to rack to drain. You can cook the eggplant in advance of assembling sandwiches. Covered, it will keep in the refrigerator for a few days, though the eggplant is best at room temperature.
- Assemble sandwiches. Cut the hero rolls open, then spread each one with mayonnaise. Layer the slices of eggplant onto the bread in equal portions, and top with equal portions of the mozzarella and the sliced roast beef. Add slices of hot cherry peppers to taste, fold the sandwich together and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1005, UnsaturatedFat 60 grams, Carbohydrate 40 grams, Fat 84 grams, Fiber 10 grams, Protein 28 grams, SaturatedFat 21 grams, Sodium 1249 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "fried eggplant recipes"
HOW TO MAKE FRIED EGGPLANT | TASTE OF HOME
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
FRIED EGGPLANT WITH HONEY RECIPE - SPANISH BERENJENAS CON ...
CHINESE EGGPLANT RECIPE – HOW TO COOK PERFECT EGGPLANT ...
FRIED EGGPLANT SANDWICHES RECIPE | BON APPETIT
CRISPY EGGPLANT FRIES | FRIED EGGPLANT APPETIZER ...
FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE - SOUTHERN PLATE
ITALIAN BREADED EGGPLANT - AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPES
EASY FRIED EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPE | BY RETHAE LLIOT | MEDIUM
CRISPY GREEK FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE (MELITZANES TIGANITES ...
AN OVEN-FRIED EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPE | BEST HEALTH
10 BEST FRIED EGGPLANT WITH EGG RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHINESE FRIED STUFFED EGGPLANT (炸茄盒, ZHA QIE HE ...
FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
PAN FRIED EGGPLANT - HOW TO COOK EGGPLANT IN A PAN
PAN FRIED EGGPLANT (HEALTHY!) - EARTH BLOKES
10 BEST FRIED EGGPLANT WITH FLOUR RECIPES | YUMMLY
AIR FRYER EGGPLANT RECIPE (EASY & CRISPY!) | WHOLESOME YUM
FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE - HEALTHIER STEPS
24 DELICIOUS EGGPLANT RECIPES THAT EVERYONE WILL LOVE
FRIED EGGPLANTS: YOU'VE NEVER MAKE THEM IN THIS WAY! - YOUTUBE
BEST CRISPY KETO FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE - ALMOND FLOUR AND ...
FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE - EASY FRENCH FOOD
4-INGREDIENT ITALIAN FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE WITHOUT BREAD ...
CLASSIC EGGPLANT PARMESAN (BAKED & FRIED METHOD) – A ...
EASY FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE - GONNA WANT SECONDS
FRIED EGGPLANT (BAIGAN) - SIMPLY TRINI COOKING
16 DELICIOUS EGGPLANT RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
FRIED EGGPLANT FRIES RECIPE, SO EASY! - RECIPE52.COM
VEGAN FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
FRIED EGGPLANT IS THE PERFECT SAVORY SNACK
CRISPY EGGPLANT FRIES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE AND EASY ITALIAN FRIED EGGPLANT
FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPES HOW TO MAKE THEM BREADED
EGYPTIAN FRIED EGGPLANT RECIPE WITH TOMATO SAUCE - MESA'AH
HOW TO FRY EGGPLANT WITH LESS OIL - EASY COOKING METHOD
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #low-protein #healthy #appetizers #side-dishes #vegetables #easy #diabetic #dinner-party #low-fat #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #comfort-food #healthy-2 #low-in-something #taste-mood #savory #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love