ROASTED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC-SHERRY SAUCE
This garlic-kissed chicken is delicious, plain or fancy. It's an elegant entree for guests-and my husband and I love its leftovers in rice casseroles and hot, open-face sandwiches. -Sheri Sidwell, Alton, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- For brine, in a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Cook and stir until salt is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature., Place a large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag inside a second large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Carefully pour cooled brine into bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1-2 hours, turning several times., Preheat oven to 400°. Drain and discard brine. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium heat. , Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm. Drain drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon., In the drippings, saute garlic for 1 minute. Add broth, sherry or additional broth and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Discard thyme. Stir in the butter, lemon juice and remaining pepper. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 534 calories, Fat 29g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 197mg cholesterol, Sodium 508mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 60g protein.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to dry them. In a bowl, toss chickpeas with olive oil, and season to taste with salt, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper, if using. Spread on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and crunchy. Watch carefully the last few minutes to avoid burning.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161.3 calories, Carbohydrate 19.3 g, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 337.3 mg
More about "garbanzo roast with sherry sauce recipes"
CHORIZO & CHICKPEA BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE | BON APPETIT
- Preheat oven to 425. Remove the skin from the chorizo, if necessary, and cut into ¼-inch pieces. Drain roasted peppers and discard the brine. Pat dry and thinly slice 1 cup of the peppers into strips, reserve the remaining for another use. Peel and thinly slice garlic. Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high and season the chicken with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to the plate and drain excess fat from skillet.
- Return the skillet to medium and add the remaining tablespoon of oil, the garlic and chorizo. Cook, stirring until the garlic is light golden, about 2 minutes.
CHICK PEA ROAST WITH SHERRY SAUCE – (VEGETARIAN) | AUGUST ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BRAYERGIRL'S BOOK OF BANTER: CHICKPEA ROAST WITH SHERRY SAUCE
PEPPER-CRUSTED TRI-TIP ROAST WITH GARLIC-SHERRY SAUCE
SALBITXADA SAUCE RECIPE, PLUS CHICKPEA AND BULGUR SOUP AND ...
GARBANZO ROAST WITH SHERRY SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Category BeansAuthor Kozmic BluesCalories 911 per serving
RECIPE: SPICY FISH STEW WITH SHERRY & BABY POTATOES ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
MUSTARD ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE ...
4.3/5 (4)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
ROAST PORK TENDERLOIN WITH SPICY CHICKPEA STEW - CRUMB: A ...
Reviews 8Category MainServings 4Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
CHICKPEAS AND CHORIZO WITH SHERRY RECIPE | DRIZZLE AND DIP
Reviews 16Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
ROASTED SPANISH GARBANZO BEANS WITH CREAMY GARLIC SAUCE
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH ROMESCO SAUCE MEAL KIT DELIVERY ...
SPICED CHICKPEAS RECIPE | GARDEIN
CHICKPEA | AUGUST POINT WELLNESS
GARBANZO ROAST WITH SHERRY SAUCE RECIPES
ROASTED BEET AND CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SHERRY CREAM SAUCE FOR BEEF - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
MUSHROOMS WITH SHERRY VINAIGRETTE RECIPES
GARBANZO ROAST WITH SHERRY SAUCE - PLAIN.RECIPES
SPICED CHICKPEAS IN MARINARA SAUCE RECIPE - MOTHER EARTH ...
MY VEGGIE TABLE: GARBONZO BEAN ROAST WITH SHERRY SAUCE
GARBANZO ROAST WITH SHERRY SAUCE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #beans #oven #roast #vegetarian #dietary #chick-peas-garbanzos #equipment #presentation #served-hot #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love