GARLIC LETTUCE SALAD
this salad is a staple in my kitchen.i make it whenever i have fresh lettuce in the home. sometimes i like to have fun in changing how i cut the veggies in the salad, for instance instead of shredding carrots i cut them into fine stripes and so with other veggies, it's really up to you. i usually put the dressing on the salad and leave it for about 30-60 minutes for the flavours to be incorporated in the salad.
Provided by Huda salih
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- make dressing and set aside.
- put all salad ingredients in a bowl and pour dressing over.
- serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 104.9, Fat 7, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 53.7, Carbohydrate 10.3, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 5.7, Protein 2
BUTTER LETTUCE AND RADISH SALAD WITH LEMON-GARLIC VINAIGRETTE
Provided by Suzanne Tracht
Categories Salad Cheese Leafy Green Herb Vegetable No-Cook Vegetarian Parmesan Radish Lettuce
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In 1-cup liquid measuring cup, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, and 2 tablespoons water. Using mortar and pestle or food processor, grind or crush garlic, lemon zest, and kosher salt into fine paste. Whisk paste into lemon juice mixture. Gradually whisk in oil. Whisk in table salt and pepper to taste.
- In large bowl, toss together lettuce, radishes, minced herbs, and dressing. Divide mixture among 6 salad plates. Using vegetable peeler, shave curls of Parmesan atop each salad and serve.
STIR-FRIED LETTUCE WITH CRISPY GARLIC AND FRIED EGGS
In Chinese culture, cooked lettuce is a symbol of good luck and is often eaten during Lunar New Year feasts. In Cantonese, the word for lettuce is sang choy, and in Mandarin, it's sheng cai, which sounds like the words for "growing wealth" in each language. Stir-fried lettuce is commonly served as a bed for braised mushrooms or simply as a green side dish. Here, stir-fried lettuce, fried eggs and crispy garlic chips perch on a bed of rice, a simple meal with comforting flavors and textures. The joy of this preparation is that the lettuce retains a fresh crunch even after cooking; iceberg is preferred, but romaine will give you similar results. Vegetarian stir-fry sauce is a product sold in Asian grocery stores, but you can also use oyster sauce. For a shortcut, skip the fried garlic and top with store-bought crispy fried onions or shallots.
Provided by Hetty McKinnon
Categories dinner, weeknight, vegetables, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Using a sharp paring knife, run it around the core of the lettuce, then gently pull it out. Remove any discolored outer layers of the lettuce and discard. Tear the lettuce into large chunks. Wash the leaves and allow them to drain after gently shaking in a colander.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetarian stir-fry or oyster sauce, sugar and ¼ teaspoon salt. Season with pepper.
- Heat a large (12-inch) deep skillet on medium-high. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil to lightly coat the pan, then add the ginger and cook for 15 to 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the lettuce and stir-fry for 2 minutes, until it starts to wilt. Pour the sauce over the lettuce and stir-fry for another 1 to 2 minutes. (Take care not to overcook, as you want your lettuce to retain some crunch.) Taste and season with salt, if needed. Place the lettuce (and all the pan juices) in a bowl and set aside. Once your skillet is cool enough to handle, rinse it out and dry.
- To the same skillet over medium-high heat, add the ¼ cup olive oil and sliced garlic. Stir constantly for 3 to 4 minutes until the garlic turns a pale golden brown. (Watch carefully! It burns quickly.) Remove the garlic from the oil with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to drain; it will continue to brown and crisp as it cools.
- To the remaining oil in the skillet over medium-high heat, add the eggs and cook untouched until whites are set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, place a mound of rice in a bowl, top with lettuce, some pan juices, a fried egg, crispy garlic and a scatter of sesame seeds and scallions. Finish with a tiny drizzle of Maggi seasoning sauce, if using.
This is an awesome tasting salad!!! It definetly has a strong garlic taste but I love garlic and if you do you must try this salad. It goes great with grilled steaks or any barbecue. The recipe is from Doc's Steakhouse in Wichita, KS. I got the recipe out of the Monkey Island (Okla) Volunteer Fire Department Cookbook. This recipe was submitted by Claudine Nugen.
Provided by Anita Harris
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Chop cabbage, lettuce and carrots (if including) to a very fine consistency; add garlics and mayonnaise and mix thoroughly.
- Chill thoroughly several hours or overnight.
WILTED LETTUCE SALAD
This wilted salad is lightly coated with a delectable warm dressing.
Provided by Mary Jones
Categories Salad Green Salad Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from skillet, crumble and set aside.
- To the hot bacon drippings, add the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and pepper. Stir over medium heat until hot.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce and green onions. Add the warm dressing and toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 124.3 calories, Carbohydrate 4.1 g, Cholesterol 15.9 mg, Fat 10.6 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 210.3 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
GREEK LETTUCE SALAD
A light dressing makes this salad a nice complement to any meal. Feta cheese and olives are a fun addition.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Lunch Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts :
STIR-FRIED GARLIC LETTUCE
One of the most beautiful and inspired cookbooks of the year was The Breath of a Wok. Grace Young's stories and recipes make us want to set off in pursuit of wok hay, the special taste of wok-cooked.
Provided by Fran McCullough
Categories Wok Garlic Leafy Green Vegetable Side Stir-Fry Vegetarian Lettuce Sugar Conscious Vegan Pescatarian Dairy Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Kosher
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the rice wine or sherry, soy sauce, sugar, and salt in a small bowl.
- Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok over high heat until a bead of water vaporizes within 1 to 2 seconds of contact. Swirl in the vegetable oil, add the garlic, and stir-fry for 5 seconds. Add the lettuce and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it is just limp. Stir the sauce, swirl it into the wok, and stir-fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute more, or until the lettuce is just tender and still bright green. Remove from the heat, drizzle on the sesame oil, and serve.
LITTLE GEM SALAD WITH GARLICKY ALMOND DRESSING
This tart, garlicky dressing is made with toasted almonds and sherry vinegar for a simple but delicious green salad. Little Gem lettuce, a cross between romaine and butter lettuce, has become justly popular for a crunchy salad. Crisp and bright green with small crinkly leaves, it won't immediately wilt when dressed. If unavailable, look for similar small sturdy heads of lettuce or choose hearts of romaine.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories salads and dressings, vegetables, side dish
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Remove wilted exterior leaves from each head of lettuce. Cut stems from the lettuce heads, separate leaves and swish in a large basin of cold water, letting any sand or dirt sink to the bottom. Lift the leaves from the water and transfer to a colander. Shake away excess water. Wrap in kitchen towels to dry or use a salad spinner.
- Make the dressing: Put almonds, vinegar and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put leaves in a wide salad bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Dress lightly just before serving, using 2 or 3 tablespoons of dressing and coating leaves well. Taste and add more dressing as necessary. Store any remaining dressing in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More about "garlic lettuce salad recipes"
BABY LETTUCE SALAD WITH ROASTED GARLIC - LOST …
Cuisine MediterraneanCategory SaladServings 2Total Time 10 mins
LEMON-GARLIC CHICKEN SALAD LETTUCE CUPS RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
LETTUCE SALAD WITH GARLIC CROUTONS RECIPE - GOTOCHEF
LETTUCE SALAD WITH GARLIC - 18 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
GARLIC LEMON BLISTERED GEM LETTUCE SALAD RECIPE - WHAT'S FOR DINNER
FETA GARLIC SALAD WITH MUSHROOMS - ROMAINE LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES
10 BEST ICEBERG LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST SIMPLE LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
20 BEST SIMPLE LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES - TOP RECIPES
LETTUCE SALAD WITH GARLIC - PUBLICDOMAINRECIPES.ORG
GARLIC LETTUCE SALAD RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
EGG LETTUCE SALAD WITH GARLIC HERB CROUTONS RECIPE
COOKED RED LEAF LETTUCE RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
20 SALADS SO HEARTY YOU WON'T MISS THE LETTUCE | ALLRECIPES
LETTUCE SALAD / WITH EASY LEMON DRESSING/ PERFECT SALAD FOR …
GARLIC LETTUCE SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
GARLIC LETTUCE IN OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
LETTUCE GARDEN SALAD - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
ICEBERG LETTUCE SALAD - COOKING LSL
GARLIC-DILL LETTUCE SALAD | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
LAYERED SALAD WITH ROASTED GARLIC DRESSING RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
OUR BEST ROMAINE LETTUCE SALAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
GARLIC LETTUCE RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
BAKED BY MELISSA'S GARLIC ICEBERG-SALAD RECIPE | POPSUGAR FOOD
EASY CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS RECIPE | EASY DINNER IDEAS
GREEK SALAD WITH LETTUCE AND LEMON GARLIC DRESSING
PEPPERY LETTUCE SALAD WITH OLIVE TAPENADE VINAIGRETTE – BALSAMIC ...
SIMPLE GREEN LEAF SALAD WITH SHALLOT VINAIGRETTE - GARLIC & ZEST
15+ SALAD DRESSING RECIPES WITH GARLIC | EATINGWELL
ROMAINE SALAD WITH GARLIC DRESSING RECIPE | EATINGWELL
BEST GARLIC HERB WEDGE SALAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GARLIC HERB …
ROMAINE LETTUCE SALAD « CLEAN & DELICIOUS
LETTUCE SALAD - VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPES THAT ARE HEALTHY
BOSTON LETTUCE AND ENDIVES SALAD - RICARDO CUISINE
OUR 10 BEST LETTUCE RECIPES | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
SALAD ROMAINE LETTUCE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
GRILLED STEAK SALAD WITH ROASTED GARLIC AND BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
LEMON GARLIC SALAD DRESSING RECIPE (WITH VARIATIONS)
BLT SALAD RECIPE + BEST BLT SALAD DRESSING! - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
LETTUCE SALAD WITH TOMATO AND CUCUMBER - IFOODREAL.COM
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#lactose #15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #salads #vegetables #easy #no-cook #beginner-cook #dinner-party #vegetarian #dietary #oamc-freezer-make-ahead #inexpensive #egg-free #free-of-something #carrots #greens #lettuces #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less #technique
You'll also love