TEXAS GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
These creamy potatoes get their flavor burst from garlic and caramelized onions. Their savory goodness makes any meal better. -Richard Markle, Midlothian, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 425°. Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulb, but do not peel or separate cloves. Cut top off of garlic bulb, exposing individual cloves. Brush cut cloves with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap in foil. Bake until cloves are soft, 30-35 minutes., Meanwhile, in a large skillet over low heat, heat remaining oil. Add the chopped onion; cook until golden brown, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a food processor. Process until blended; set aside., Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain; return to pan. Squeeze softened garlic onto potatoes; add butter, sour cream, cheese, milk, salt, pepper and onion. Beat until mashed. Freeze option: Place cooled mashed potato mixture in a freezer container and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high, stirring twice and adding a little milk if necessary, until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 calories, Fat 14g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 31mg cholesterol, Sodium 313mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
ONION MASHED POTATOES
Instead of having the same mashed potatoes, spice up your mashed potatoes with onions. They are so easy to make and compliment any main dish.-Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook until very tender, about 20-25 minutes. , Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, cook onion and sugar in butter until golden, stirring frequently. Drain and mash the potatoes. Add milk, salt and pepper. Stir in onion mixture. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
- Bring a large pot of water to boil; add potatoes, and boil until soft, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain, and place in a large bowl.
- Combine potatoes with milk, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix with an electric mixer or potato masher to your desired consistency. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416.6 calories, Carbohydrate 57.3 g, Cholesterol 32.9 mg, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 8.7 g, Protein 12.6 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 107.5 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
GARLIC & ONION MASHED POTATOES
I got this recipe from a friend who comes from Vlaidvostock, RUSSIA. This is her mother's recipe for mashed potatoes.
Provided by Nikki Kanaki
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Peel potatoes, cut into large chunks and place in a pot of boiling water.
- (Cook potatoes until they can be mashed with a spoon).
- Meanwhile brown the onion and the garlic in a small amount of butter.
- Strain the potatoes and place back into pot.
- (Leave the burner on a low heat).
- Add the browned onions and garlic.
- Add the sour cream, milk, butter, garlic salt, garlic powder and salt.
- Mash all together.
- Mash the potatoes until desired"thickness.
- "NOTE***Please feel free to use more or less of any of the ingredients to attain desired taste.
- NOTE***Using more milk will result in"creamier" mashed potatoes and less milk will result in"chunkier" mashed potatoes.
MASHED POTATOES WITH GARLIC AND ONIONS
- Peel the potatoes, and cut them crosswise into 1-inch cubes. Place the pieces in a saucepan with water to cover. Add the garlic, sliced onions and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain, and put the mixture through a food mill or potato masher. Put back into the saucepan.
- Add the butter, nutmeg and the white pepper. Blend well. Add the warm milk a little at a time while beating. Add the chervil, beat to blend, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 272, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 49 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 741 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
MASHED GARLIC & ONION POTATOES
- Cook potatoes until fork tender (about 30 min).
- While potatoes are cooking, heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions, cook, stirring frequently until soft and golden (about 10 min).
- Drain potatoes, reserve 1/4 cup liquid.
- Cool potatoes until you can handle them to slip off the skins.
- Cut potatoes into quarters and return to the saucepan.
- Add 1/4 cup potato water, milk, salt & pepper.
- Heat mixture until heated through (about 5 min).
- Mash potato mixture until smooth.
- Stir in onion/garlic & thyme.
- Spoon potatoes into a serving dish; drizzle with butter and serve.
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return to pot.
- Meanwhile, melt 1/4 cup butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion-garlic mixture to potatoes. Add cream and remaining 1/4 cup butter; mash coarsely. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
GARLICKY MASHED POTATOES WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS
Caramelized onions and roasted garlic add deep flavor to buttery mashed potatoes.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the heads of garlic in half crosswise and drizzle with the oil. Wrap the garlic in foil and roast until creamy, about 1 hour. When cool enough to handle, squeeze the cloves into a small bowl and mash lightly with a fork.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally and lowering the heat if the onions begin to burn, until golden, about 30 minutes.
- Put the potatoes in a medium pot, cover with cold water and add 2 tablespoons salt. Bring just to a simmer and simmer the potatoes, uncovered, until tender, about 45 minutes. Drain.
- Peel the potatoes and return them to the pot (if desired, pass them through a ricer or food mill after peeling). Add the onions. Mash the potatoes and onions with the milk and butter using a fork or potato masher. Stir in the roasted garlic and 2 teaspoons salt; season with pepper.
More about "garlic onion mashed potatoes recipes"
ROASTED GARLIC AND CARAMELIZED ONION MASHED POTATOES ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory DinnerServings 12Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Remove excess papery skins from garlic bulbs and carefully slice off the top of the bulbs; place in a small oven-safe baking dish, drizzle with 3 teaspoons of olive oil. and wrap the bowl in heavy-duty foil. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the inner garlic cloves have softened. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, saute the onions in remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a food processor or strong blender, cover, and process until blended; set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large stockpot and cover with water; bring to a boil over high heat. Once at a rapid boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until tender enough to pierce with a fork. Drain the potatoes well. Place potatoes in a large bowl; add in the roasted garlic cloves, butter, sour cream, cheese, heavy cream, salt, pepper and onion mix. Using a handheld electric mixer on low-speed, beat potatoes until light and fluffy. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm.
CARAMELIZED ONION & GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - 0 ...
3/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsServings 8Calories 216 per serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onions; cook 16 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water to 2 inches above potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 14 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Return potatoes to pan; mash to desired consistency.
- Combine remaining 4 tablespoons oil and garlic in a small skillet; heat over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until garlic is lightly golden. Remove pan from heat; cool 3 minutes. Mash garlic into a paste with the back of a fork. Stir onion mixture, garlic mixture, milk, salt, and pepper into potato mixture. Return pan to medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
MAKE AHEAD GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - THE SEASONED MOM
Reviews 6Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Peel and quarter potatoes. Cover with warm water and boil until tender (about 30 minutes). Drain really well. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or press them through a potato ricer.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, ¼ cup of milk or cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add more milk or cream, as necessary, to reach the desired consistency. You may not need the full ½ cup, or you might need more than that -- it will depend on the moisture in your potatoes.
- Serve immediately with butter on top, or transfer potatoes to a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
- To reheat: dot with butter and bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees F (or until heated through).
MASHED POTATOES STEEPED WITH GARLIC, ONION AND HERBS ...
4.7/5 (3)Servings 4-6Cuisine AmericanCategory Side Dish
- In a small sauce pot, bring the half-and-half or milk just to a boil with the butter, onion, thyme, bay leaf, rosemary, garlic, nutmeg, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt, stirring occasionally. As soon as it begins to boil, immediately remove the pot from the heat and let the liquid steep while you cook the potatoes. Make sure not to let the mixture boil over.
- Boil the potatoes in a pot of well-salted water until fork tender. Drain the potatoes and return to the pot, letting the residual heat evaporate excess moisture.
- Strain most of the butter and milk through a sieve into the potatoes, discarding the onion, garlic, and herbs. Add some fresh black pepper. Mash and stir until fluffy and well mixed. I like to do this in the pot with the stove on low heat. Add the rest of the butter and milk as necessary.
CARAMELIZED ONION + GARLIC THYME MASHED POTATOES ...
Reviews 1Category SidesCuisine VeganEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Into a cast iron skillet add a dash of olive oil and cook your onions, garlic and thyme on low-medium heat till caramelized, fragrant and tender. This may take as long as it takes to cook the potatoes. Stir often to avoid burning. The slower you cook these the better. Be patient.
- Into a high-speed blender add your strained potatoes, onion + garlic mixture and the rest of your ingredients. Using a blender tamper push the ingredients down and blend for around 1 minute or until perfectly smooth. Add more milk, 1 tbsp. at a time if your blender is finding it hard to reach that consistency.
CREAMY ONION AND GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
5/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4
- In a medium pot, bring some salted water to a boil and cook the potatoes until fork tender. Once done, mash them with a potato masher and reserve.
- Make a few holes in your unpeeled garlic cloves and pop them in the microwave for about two minutes. Peel them and mince or mash them with a garlic press.
- In a large pan, over medium high heat, heat the olive oil and fry the grated onion and the garlic, being careful so they don't brown.
THE BEST GARLIC HERB MASHED POTATOES - BUDGET BYTES
4.6/5 (13)Total Time 35 minsServings 1Calories 220 per serving
- Peel and cut the russet potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Place the cubed potatoes in a colander and rinse well with cool water.
- Place the rinsed potatoes in a pot and add enough water to cover the potatoes by one inch. Season the water with 1/2 tsp salt. Cover the pot and bring it to a boil over high heat. Boil the potatoes until they are VERY tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the butter, milk, and garlic herb seasoning o the pot used to boil the potatoes. Stir and heat over low until the butter has melted and the milk is hot.
GOUDA MASHED POTATOES WITH GREEN ONIONS AND GARLIC ...
Servings 6Total Time 35 mins
MASHED RED POTATOES RECIPE WITH GARLIC AND ONIONS
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Side DishTotal Time 30 mins
GARLIC AND ONION "MASHED POTATOES" - PS1000 PLAN RECIPES
CREAMY ONION AND GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - SUNSET ...
Servings 6-7Calories 328 per servingEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- In a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir onion and garlic in oil until limp, about 5 minutes. Scrape into a small bowl.
- Peel and rinse potatoes; cut into 1-inch chunks. Add potatoes to boiling water; cover and return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes mash easily, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain potatoes and return to pan.
- Add onion mixture, sour cream, mayonnaise, cream, and butter to potatoes. Mash with a potato masher or an electric mixer until mixture is as lumpy or smooth as you like, gradually beating in enough of the milk to reach desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
LUCILLE'S MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
4.9/5 (18)Total Time 35 minsCategory SideCalories 254 per serving
- To prepare your potatoes, you can either scrub them clean and leave them unpeeled (like I did) or rinse and peel them (for smooth, skin-free mashed potatoes). Then cut the potatoes into even chunks about 2” in size (see photos).
- Place the potato chunks in a large Dutch oven or soup pot. Add 1 teaspoon of the salt, and enough water to cover the potatoes by 1 to 2 inches.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Continue cooking, reducing the heat as necessary to prevent overflow, until the potatoes are easily pierced through by a fork, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carefully drain off all of the water and return the potatoes to the pot. Mash the potatoes until they reach your desired consistency (I like mine a little chunky, but you can mash them completely smooth if you prefer).
GARLIC BUTTER STEAK WITH FRIED ONION STRINGS AND MASHED ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCategory DinnerCalories 250 per serving
ONION-GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 2Calories 151 per servingTotal Time 14 mins
LABNEH CREAMED POTATOES WITH SIZZLED GARLIC RECIPE - LOS ...
MASHED POTATOES RECIPE GARLIC BAKED - ALL INFORMATION ...
DELICIOUS DAIRY-FREE MASHED POTATO RECIPE WITH ROASTED GARLIC
ONION-GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE
HERB AND GARLIC MASHED POTATOES: DIRECTIONS, CALORIES ...
KEG GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make garlic mashed potatoes?Bring a large pot of water to boil; add potatoes, and boil until soft, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain, and place in a large bowl. Combine potatoes with milk, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix with an electric mixer or potato masher to your desired consistency.
How to make mashed potatoes with onion and sugar?Directions Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, cook onion and sugar in butter until golden, stirring frequently.
What kind of herbs do you put in mashed potatoes?This recipe for mashed potatoes infused with onion, garlic, and herbs does the trick — and is still easy to make. This mashed potatoes recipe steeps the butter and milk with aromatics like onion, garlic, bay, thyme, nutmeg, and rosemary.
How to make cream cheese mashed potatoes with sour cream?Add the cream cheese, sour cream, butter, the remaining 2 teaspoons of salt and the onion powder. Stir until everything is mixed together evenly. You can serve the mashed potatoes immediately at this point, with garnishes of your choice.