MUSTARD BBQ SAUCE
A sweet mustard-based BBQ sauce with a bit of a bite, excellent on chicken and pork. Also makes a great dipping sauce for chicken fingers! Baste on meat while grilling or serve on the side. Will store covered in refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks.
Provided by alaskaninthesouth
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix mustard, honey, brown sugar, cider vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, mustard, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover jar and shake until sauce is well combined.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 30.5 calories, Carbohydrate 7 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.4 g, Sodium 118.1 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
GINGER-MUSTARD BARBECUE SAUCE
This easy barbecue sauce recipe combines ginger and mustard, honey, and garlic. It has a palpable zing with ribs, chicken, or grilled cauliflower.
Provided by Brigid Washington
Yield Makes about 1½ cups
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Whisk ginger ale, yellow mustard, and Dijon mustard in a medium saucepan to combine. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; reduce heat to low and gently simmer 3 minutes. Whisk in ginger, garlic, onion, honey, sugar, salt, vinegar, black pepper, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors have come together and sauce is very fragrant, 15-20 minutes. Let cool before using. Do ahead: Sauce can be made 2 days ahead. Transfer to an airtight container; cover and chill.
ST. LOUIS-STYLE RIBS WITH SOY-GINGER BARBECUE SAUCE
Choose ribs if you're able to hang around the grill: They need lots of flipping and basting. You'll get bonus points from everyone for making your own barbecue sauce.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Prepare the ribs: Place the ribs bone-side up on a work surface. Starting at one end, insert the tip of a knife between the membrane and the bones to loosen the membrane, then pull it off. Flip the ribs so they are meat-side up. Rub each rack with 1 tablespoon scotch, if using. Combine the brown sugar, 5 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, the ground ginger and paprika in a small bowl. Rub the ribs on both sides with the spice mixture. Wrap each rack in heavy-duty foil, then wrap in another layer of foil, making sure the seam is on the opposite side to prevent leaking. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill to medium low (350 degrees F on gas or 335 degrees F on charcoal). Put the foil-wrapped ribs meat-side down on the grates. Grill, carefully flipping the ribs every 30 minutes, until the meat is tender but not falling apart and the tip of a paring knife inserted into the ribs meets slight resistance, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. (If using charcoal, add more coals as needed so the temperature stays between 300 degrees F and 325 degrees F.)
- Meanwhile, make the barbecue sauce: Heat the vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and fresh ginger and cook, stirring often, until just beginning to brown, 5 to 6 minutes. If using the scotch, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the scotch, then return to the heat and cook until almost dry, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup water, the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, chili-garlic sauce and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thick and glossy, about 30 minutes; you should have about 1 1/2 cups sauce. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. (You can make the sauce up to 1 day ahead; refrigerate until ready to use.) Divide the sauce between 2 bowls-half for cooking and half for serving.
- When the ribs are ready, transfer to a baking sheet. Unwrap and discard the foil and any accumulated juices. Brush the meat side with the barbecue sauce and return to the grill, meat-side up. Cover and grill, moving the ribs around to prevent flare-ups, until the sauce cooks in, about 5 minutes. Brush the ribs with more sauce, flip and cook until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the ribs so they're meat-side up again, brush with more sauce and grill 5 more minutes. Flip the ribs again and brush the bone side with sauce, then flip again and brush the meat side one last time. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 15 minutes.
- Cut the racks into individual ribs. Serve with the reserved barbecue sauce.
GLAZED PORK BELLY WITH GINGER BARBECUE SAUCE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Make the pork: Mix 2 teaspoons salt and the brown sugar in a bowl. Rub the pork with the brown sugar mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Make the sauce: Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, 2 more minutes. Add the ketchup, apple juice, oyster sauce, vinegar, mustard powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened, about 20 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes, then transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside about one-quarter of the sauce for serving.
- Remove the pork belly from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling. Preheat a grill to medium, then prepare for indirect heat: For gas, turn off the burners on one side. For charcoal, push the coals to one side. Place a drip pan under the grates on the cooler side of the grill.
- Brush the grill grates with vegetable oil. Place the pork on the cooler side of the grill (indirect heat) and cook, turning occasionally, until fork-tender but not falling apart, 2 hours, 30 minutes to 3 hours, brushing with the sauce occasionally during the last hour of cooking. Move the pork to the hotter side of the grill (direct heat) and cook, turning and brushing with more sauce, until glazed and lightly charred, about 5 more minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 20 minutes. Slice the pork belly and serve with the cornbread and reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 574, Fat 39 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Cholesterol 63 milligrams, Sodium 1609 milligrams, Carbohydrate 47 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 11 grams
MUSTARD SAUCE WITH GINGER
- In a small saucepan boil vinegar, sugar, salt and soy sauce over medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch and mustard in 1/2 cup cold water.
- Stir in and cook until it thickens.
- Grate in ginger root (or dry ginger).
- Serve over any type of roast meat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 154.4, Fat 0.6, Sodium 336.3, Carbohydrate 35.7, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 33.6, Protein 1.1
MUSTARD BARBECUE SAUCE
I liked this mustard BBQ sauce recipe from the first taste, as have my guests. It's not a thick sauce, but it coats meats very well. I use it on grilled barbecue ribs, and it's great with ham. -Cliff Mays, St Albans, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/3 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until flavors are blended, 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 55 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 370mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
MUSTARD & VINEGAR BARBECUE SAUCE
Though the first time I made this sauce, I was hesitant -- I mean, just LOOK at how much VINEGAR is in it! After "The Hasenpfeffer Incident" about 15 years ago, I've been extremely cautious of recipes that call for more than a few tablespoonsful of the stuff. But the lack of tomato sauce and the large amount of mustard intrigued me. After a while, that is...I had this gem sitting in my database for at least a year before I mustered (HA!) up the courage to serve it to my unsuspecting family. As it turned out, I had no reason for concern. I used it to baste chicken as I cooked it. They asked for seconds immediately, and for thirds, but alas, there were none. I was ordered to make chicken with this sauce again. And again. Since I do not currently have a grill, I used my grill pan, and cooked it over medium heat, covered with whatever lid I could find lying around that would sort of cover it, mostly. An added bonus of the grill pan is the sauce which collects in the bottom and caramelizes. They fight over who gets the pan scrapings! Plus, I had to explain what "caramelization" means, so the kids got a cooking lesson as well!
Provided by ThatBobbieGirl
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine all ingredients except soy sauce and butter in saucepan and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in soy sauce and butter.
- May be used as a baste for barbecuing meat or as a table condiment when serving grilled pork, beef or chicken.
More about "ginger mustard barbecue sauce recipes"
TOP MUSTARD BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Author Derrick Riches
GINGER MUSTARD BBQ SAUCE - LOVELESS CAFE
GRILLED PORK CHOPS, GINGER BARBECUE SAUCE; FIGS · THYME FOR COOKING
GINGER MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
10 BEST BBQ SAUCE KETCHUP BROWN SUGAR MUSTARD RECIPES | YUMMLY
SWEET MUSTARD BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE - JOHN CURRENCE | FOOD
MUSTARD BBQ SAUCE (MADE IN 5 MINUTES!) – A COUPLE COOKS
CHERRY MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CAROLINA MUSTARD BBQ SAUCE RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
CRANBERRY GINGER MUSTARD SAUCE - THE DARING GOURMET
BBQ SAUCES AND TOPPINGS GUIDE + MARTIN’S FEATURED RECIPE
GEORGIA MUSTARD BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SPICY GINGER BBQ SAUCE RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
10 BEST GINGER ALE BBQ SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ORIENTAL MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
SPICY MUSTARD BBQ SAUCE RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
GINGER-HONEY MUSTARD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
GINGER MUSTARD BBQ SAUCE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SOUTH CAROLINA MUSTARD BBQ SAUCE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
GINGER BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BROWN GINGER MUSTARD | A SWEET & MILD MERGER OF SPICES - RAYE'S …
GINGER BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GINGER-MUSTARD BARBECUE SAUCE | RECIPE | RECIPES, HOMEMADE …
GINGER-MUSTARD BARBECUE SAUCE | RECIPE IN 2021 | BARBECUE SAUCE ...
MUSTARD (CONDIMENT) - WIKIPEDIA
BARBECUE SAUCE WITH MUSTARD RECIPE
MUSTARD BARBECUE SAUCE (NORTH CAROLINA) - RICARDO
SPICED TAMARIND BARBECUE SAUCE WITH GINGER, CINNAMON AND …
FOR A BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE THAT SINGS, SIMMER YOUR SODA POP
MUSTARD GINGER BBQ WINGS - KOSHEREYE
MUSTARD | GINGER-MUSTARD BARBECUE SAUCE - GINGER
CAROLINA MUSTARD BBQ SAUCE - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
HOMEMADE MUSTARD BBQ SAUCE | THAT LOW CARB LIFE
CURRY MUSTARD BARBECUE SAUCE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST EVER HOMEMADE BARBECUE SAUCE
TAMARIND BARBECUE SAUCE WITH GINGER, CINNAMON, BROWN SUGAR
24 HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SPICE-RUBBED PORK TENDERLOIN & MUSTARD BARBECUE SAUCE .. RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make BBQ sauce with vinegar?Heat the oil in a skillet over medium low heat. Saute the onions until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the ginger and cook for 1 minute to release the aromas. Add the vinegar and simmer to reduce by half. Add barbecue sauce, brown sugar and pepper and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
How do you make BBQ sauce with onions and garlic?Saute the onions until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the ginger and cook for 1 minute to release the aromas. Add the vinegar and simmer to reduce by half. Add barbecue sauce, brown sugar and pepper and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes. Place the sauce in a blender and puree.
How to make mustard and honey mustard sauce?Mix mustard, honey, brown sugar, cider vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, mustard, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover jar and shake until sauce is well combined. A quick recipe that can be used as a marinade, basting sauce, and table sauce.
What is in a jar of mustard sauce?Mix mustard, honey, brown sugar, cider vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, mustard, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover jar and shake until sauce is well combined.