GLUTEN-FREE ANZAC BISCUIT
In my quest to bake a gluten-free ANZAC biscuit, I have replaced oats (not considered gf in Australia) with rolled quinoa flakes and the flour with a blended gf flour and sorghum flour. I also added in some gf Freedom Foods "Rice Puff" cereal to make them a little lighter (this cereal is like Rice Bubbles). I've made a few batches now making slight changes each time......I'm happy with this version. My family said it's not bad for a gluten-free version....but not quite an Anzac biscuit. Made using Australian cup and spoon measures. I managed to buy some sorghum flour labelled as Jowar flour at a local Indian grocer.
Provided by Jubes
Yield 45 biscuits, 45 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 170°C for a fan-forced oven or 185°C Line cookie trays with Glad Bake baking paper (no need to grease the paper).
- Mix the coconut, quinoa flakes, flours, sugars and Rice Puff cereal in a large mixing bowl - set aside.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together using a small saucepan.
- Meanwhile in a cup mix the boiling water with the bicarb soda.
- Add the water and soda to the melted butter. The mixture will foam up.
- Add the butter to the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and flatten the biscuit between your palms.
- Bake on a lined cookie tray for approx 15 to 20 minutes. The biscuit should be a dark golden brown.
- Cool on trays for 5 minutes before moving onto a rack to cool. The biscuits will firm as they cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 9.5, Sodium 95.8, Carbohydrate 10.8, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 4.7, Protein 1
More about "gluten free anzac biscuit recipes"
GLUTEN FREE ANZAC BISCUITS (FODMAP FRIENDLY) - GEORGE EATS
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
- In a large mixing bowl, weigh out all the dry ingredients except for the baking soda. Get your hands in to break up all the brown sugar bits and create a uniform mixture.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Once it has completely melted, add the rice malt syrup and stir to combine. For accurate measurement, it can be helpful to very lightly grease your tablespoon measure to help the rice malt syrup slide off.
- Once the rice malt syrup has been added and the mixture is bubbling away, add the baking soda. It should slowly start to bubble up – leave it until it reaches a peak and then stays at the same height. It won’t explode over the pan, it will probably only reach halfway.
GLUTEN FREE ANZAC BISCUITS - SWEETNESS AND BITE
4.5/5 (44)Total Time 40 minsCategory Cookie And Biscuit RecipesCalories 157 per serving
GLUTEN FREE ANZAC BISCUITS RECIPE | WELL AND GOOD
GLUTEN FREE ANZAC BISCUITS COOKIES @ NOT QUITE NIGELLA
GLUTEN FREE ANZAC BISCUITS - REAL RECIPES FROM MUMS
GLUTEN-FREE ANZAC BISCUITS - THE BLENDER GIRL
GLUTEN-FREE ANZAC BISCUITS RECIPE | BETTER HOMES AND …
ANZAC BISCUITS • THE AUSSIE COELIAC
GLUTEN, DAIRY & REFINED SUGAR FREE ANZAC BISCUITS RECIPE
GLUTEN FREE ANZAC BISCUITS RECIPE (WITH A TWIST!)
GLUTEN FREE ANZAC BISCUITS | NEW ZEALAND WOMAN'S WEEKLY FOOD
GLUTEN FREE ANZAC BISCUITS - NO OATS!
GLUTEN-FREE ANZAC BISCUITS RECIPE - THE HEALTHY CHEF
HOW TO MAKE ANZAC BISCUITS - VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE RECIPE
SOUTHERN IN LAW: RECIPE: GLUTEN FREE WEETBIX ANZAC BISCUITS
ANZAC BISCUITS – GLUTEN-FREE! - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
ANZAC BISCUITS RECIPE (AUSTRALIAN COCONUT-OAT COOKIES) | ALLRECIPES
AUSTRALIAN ANZAC BISCUITS (GLUTEN-FREE OPTION TOO)
HEALTHY VEGAN ANZAC BISCUITS (GLUTEN FREE, OIL FREE, REFINED SUGAR …
GLUTEN FREE ANZAC BISCUITS - ZEST FOR BAKING
You'll also love