GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
Gnocchi, tender potato dumplings, aren't difficult to make. A hint of truffle oil intensifies the flavors in the sauce, which would also go well with other types of pasta.
Yield Makes 4 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- For gnocchi:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Pierce potatoes with fork. Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Cool slightly; cut potatoes in half and scoop pulp into large bowl. Mash potatoes well. Mix in egg yolk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix in enough flour to form firm, slightly elastic dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Gently roll 1 portion between hands and work surface to form 1/2-inch-thick rope about 18 inches long. Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Roll each piece over tines of dinner fork to make grooves in gnocchi. Arrange gnocchi in single layer on floured baking sheet. Repeat with remaining 3 portions of dough.
- Working in small batches, cook gnocchi in large pot of boiling salted water until gnocchi rise to top and are tender, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer gnocchi to large baking pan. (Gnocchi can be prepared ahead. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.)
- For mushroom sauce:
- Cook butter and olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat until butter begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and shallots and sauté until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add stock and sage; simmer until liquid is slightly reduced, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add gnocchi to sauce in skillet and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Add arugula and stir until wilted. Divide equally among bowls. Drizzle with truffle oil, if desired. Sprinkle with cheese.
GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY GARLIC-MUSHROOM SAUCE
This is the ultimate in rich comfort food. It may seem creamy and high fat but the lack of dairy leaves you with all the flavour but none of the guilt. Also perfect for vegetarians, vegans etc. Add some broccoli, chicken etc for a boost. A MUST FOR GARLIC LOVERS
Provided by KristinV
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan melt 2 tbsp vegan margarine.
- Add onion and garlic, cook until the onion is transparent, then add mushrooms, basil, salt & pepper.
- Cook until the mushrooms are just tender.
- Add remaining margarine and olive oil and combined well.
- in a seperate bowl/container combine the soy milk and corn flour well and add to the mushroom mixture.
- Stir until thick and then remove from heat.
- Cook gnocchi as per instructions and add to the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 187.1, Fat 7.6, SaturatedFat 1.1, Cholesterol 1.2, Sodium 204.2, Carbohydrate 23.4, Fiber 3, Sugar 7, Protein 12.4
GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
Hubby and I love our Italian food! The sauce in this gnocchi recipe is very tasty! If I don't have fresh oregano or sage, I use dried herbs. You can also use button or oyster mushrooms instead of the swiss brown. A very nice meal with crusty bread!
Provided by ozzygirl
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in large frying pan.
- Cook onion, garlic and mushrooms until just tender.
- Add flour and stir through for 1 minute.
- Add wine, soy sauce, stock and cream stirring until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in herbs.
- Meanwhile cook gnocchi uncovered in a large pan of salted boiling water, until gnocchi rise to the surface are just tender. Drain.
- Add gnocchi to mushroom sauce and gently fold through to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.7, Fat 8.2, SaturatedFat 3.1, Cholesterol 13.4, Sodium 318.6, Carbohydrate 35.4, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 12.2, Protein 18
HERB GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Place whole unpeeled potatoes into a medium saucepan with cold water on medium heat. Bring the potatoes to a boil and cook for 20 to 25 minutes until soft enough to mash. Check with a knife to see if potatoes are cooked through and tender. Once ready drain the potatoes.
- When cool enough to handle peel each potato and cut into small pieces and pass them through a potato ricer over a medium size bowl. Add the flour, Parmesan, egg yolks, nutmeg, thyme, salt and pepper and mix into a doughy consistency adding more flour as needed. Transfer dough to a well floured surface.
- Using your hands roll pieces of the dough into a rope about 1/2-inch in diameter. With a knife cut the rope into 1/2 to 3/4-inch-long pieces. Flour the pieces as you cut them placing them on a floured baking sheet tray or lined with wax paper. Once rolled you can place the gnocchi in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap until ready to cook. When ready to cook place gnocchi in boiling salted water for about 1 to 2 minutes. They will rise to the top when done. Using a slotted spoon remove gnocchi from pot.
- For the sauce
- In a skillet add the butter and mushrooms and saute until nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the white wine and reduce by half, about 5 minutes. Add the cream and gently simmer for another 2 to 5 minutes. Once the sauce has simmered, add the gnocchi and cook for 2 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan.
CRISPY GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS
- Cook 10 ounces chopped white mushrooms in olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until golden, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Stir in 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 2 grated garlic cloves and 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest; transfer to a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and a 12-ounce package refrigerated gnocchi to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until crisp, 5 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and 1/4 cup chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
CREAMY SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM GNOCCHI SKILLET
This is a comforting dish and is indulgent with ingredients like wine, cream, and shallots. I do not recommend adding salt because I find the sausage to have enough salt in it. Although cheese is optional, I find it gets lost in the sauce.
Provided by thedailygourmet
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat and cook sausage until no longer pink, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 7 minutes. Continue to brown the meat and add mushrooms, shallots, butter, and oil. Cook until mushrooms and onions are soft and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in the boiling water until they float to the top, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add white wine to the sausage mixture and simmer, uncovered, until wine has reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add gnocchi, cream, Italian herbs, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat until sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 485.5 calories, Carbohydrate 21.4 g, Cholesterol 139.5 mg, Fat 38.4 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 12.3 g, SaturatedFat 21.3 g, Sodium 469.3 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
POTATO GNOCCHI WITH WILD MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil. Remove stems from shiitake mushrooms, and trim stems of others. Cut all the mushrooms into 1/4-inch slices, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add shallots, and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Raise heat to medium high, add mushrooms and thyme sprigs, and cook until mushrooms begin to brown on the edges, about 4 minutes. Remove thyme, add chicken stock, and reduce to 1 tablespoon, about 30 seconds. Add cream, salt, and pepper, cooking until cream thickens slightly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drop precooked gnocchi into the pot of boiling water, and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. (If gnocchi are prepared in advance but not yet cooked, boil them as described in Step 4 of the Potato Gnocchi recipe.) Lift gnocchi out of the water with a slotted spoon or skimmer, and transfer to the mushroom sauce, stirring until evenly coated; cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Divide among 6 plates, drizzle with truffle oil (if using), and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and marjoram leaves. Serve immediately.
GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONION
Tender potato gnocchi are so delicious with sauteed mushrooms and onions. This is one of my family's go-to side dishes. -Kris Berezansky, Clymer, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender., Drain gnocchi. Add the gnocchi, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes to the skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 287 calories, Fat 11g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 31mg cholesterol, Sodium 583mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS AND GORGONZOLA SAUCE
- Lightly brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil; set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add the salt. Add half the gnocchi; when they rise to the top (after about 2 minutes), continue to cook until tender, about 15 seconds more. Transfer the gnocchi with a slotted spoon to the oiled baking sheet. Repeat the process with the remaining gnocchi.
- Bring the cream and stock to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and let the mixture simmer until slightly thickened and reduced by one-third, about 10 minutes. Add the cheese; stir until melted. Stir in the nutmeg and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are tender and any released liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes. Add the gnocchi; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Pour the Gorgonzola sauce over the gnocchi; gently toss.
SHEET-PAN GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS AND SPINACH
This sheet-pan dinner is inspired by classic steakhouse sides: roasted mushrooms, creamy horseradish-mustard sauce, wilted spinach and roasted potatoes. Well, kind of. Instead of whole potatoes, this recipe uses store-bought gnocchi, a superspeedy stand-in that takes on the fun combination of browned and chewy when roasted. This dish is hearty enough to be a full meal, though it'd also make a great side to braised beans, roast chicken, a seared pork chop and, of course, steak. To get vegetarian recipes like this one delivered to your inbox, sign up for The Veggie newsletter.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. On a sheet pan, toss together the mushrooms, gnocchi, 5 tablespoons olive oil, scallions and shallot. Season with salt and pepper, shake into an even layer, and roast without stirring until the gnocchi and mushrooms are golden and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Add the spinach and remaining tablespoon of oil, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Spread in an even layer, then return to the oven to roast until the spinach is tender, another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the mustard, horseradish and honey until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the butter and half the sauce to the sheet pan, and stir until melted and glazy. Eat with the remaining sauce on the side.
MUSHROOM SPINACH GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY BOURSIN SAUCE
This meatless meal takes minutes to make and can easily modified by adding your preferred protein, like sliced grilled chicken strips. The star of this recipe is the Boursin cheese as it's loaded with flavor!
Provided by thedailygourmet
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in the boiling water until they float to the top, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Reduce heat, and pour in cream.
- Scoop out 3/4 cup of pasta cooking water and set aside. Place spinach in the bottom of a colander and drain the gnocchi over the spinach to wilt it.
- Stir cheese into the skillet and add reserved cooking water; keep stirring until cheese is melted.
- Add gnocchi and wilted spinach to the skillet and stir until well combined. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420.5 calories, Carbohydrate 26.4 g, Cholesterol 95.4 mg, Fat 33.6 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 7.4 g, SaturatedFat 21.9 g, Sodium 351.7 mg
GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS AND GORGONZOLA SAUCE
The earthy flavor of mushrooms is offset by a luscious Gorgonzola cheese sauce. It is important not to substitute another type of blue cheese in this dish; the creamy quality of genuine Gorgonzola is necessary for the best results.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Make the gnocchi: Lightly flour a baking sheet. Put potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with cold water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt. Reduce to a simmer; cook until potatoes are very tender when pierced with a sharp knife, about 25 minutes.
- Drain potatoes. When they are just cool enough to handle, peel, and then pass through a ricer or food mill into a medium bowl. Sprinkle with flour, and add eggs. Season with black pepper and 1 tablespoon salt. Stir mixture with a fork to combine.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead until it is soft and smooth, about 3 minutes. Divide dough into 4 to 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a long rope about 3/4 inch thick. Cut ropes crosswise into 1-inch gnocchi.
- Roll a cut side of each dumpling against the tines of a fork with your thumb so each piece has ridges on 1 side and an indentation on the other. Place on the floured baking sheet until ready to cook (up to 12 hours in the refrigerator, uncovered).
- Lightly brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt. Add half the gnocchi; when they rise to the top (after about 2 minutes), continue to cook until tender, about 15 seconds more. Transfer gnocchi with a slotted spoon to the oiled baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining gnocchi. (The cooked gnocchi can be tossed in oil and stored, in an airtight container, in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.)
- Make the sauce: Bring cream and stock to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high. Reduce heat, and let mixture simmer until slightly thickened and reduced by 1/3, about 10 minutes. Add Gorgonzola; stir until melted. Stir in nutmeg and cayenne. Season with salt and black pepper. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium until hot but not smoking. Add mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are tender and their released liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes. Add gnocchi; cook, stirring gently, until just heated through. Pour cheese sauce over gnocchi and toss gently to coat evenly. Serve immediately.
More about "gnocchi with mushroom sauce recipes"
GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4.5/5 (5)Calories 543 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 1 min
- Soak dried mushrooms in enough boiling water to cover about 15 minutes or until soft. Drain, discarding liquid. Squeeze mushrooms to remove additional liquid.
- In a 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, cook and stir leek and garlic in hot butter over medium heat for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove leek mixture. Add oil to Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat. Add porcini mushrooms, portobello and/or button mushrooms, and cremini mushrooms. Cook about 15 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned and liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine, salt, and pepper.
HOMEMADE GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE | RECIPE
4.5/5 (173)Category MainCuisine ItalianTotal Time 50 mins
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher. Add egg yolks, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and continue to mash until ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface. Make long rolls out of the dough. Using a knife, cut dough into large pieces approx 1cm x 2cm large. Roll these pieces over a fork to create the traditional gnocchi appearance.
CREAMY POTATO GNOCCHI MUSHROOM SAUCE (GLUTEN-FREE) - I HEART …
CREAMY MUSHROOM AND SPINACH GNOCCHI (VIDEO) - SIMPLY HOME …
LANCEWOOD® GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
CREAMY MUSHROOM GNOCCHI - COLLEGE HOUSEWIFE
30 TASTY & EASY GNOCCHI SAUCE RECIPES YOU MUST TRY AT HOME!
CREAMY MUSHROOM GNOCCHI - SPEND WITH PENNIES
GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE
FRIED GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
CREAMY MUSHROOM GNOCCHI RECIPE WITH SOUR CREAM - DAISY BRAND
7 PERFECT SAUCES FOR GNOCCHI - THE SPRUCE EATS
GNOCCHI IN TOMATO SAUCE WITH MUSHROOMS | UNDER 60 …
MUSHROOM GNOCCHI WITH BLUE CHEESE - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
CHICKEN CUTLETS, GNOCCHI AND KALE WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
10 BEST GNOCCHI CREAM OF MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
TOASTED GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS, BASIL AND PARMESAN
ONE-PAN MUSHROOM GNOCCHI RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
CREAMY GARLIC MUSHROOM GNOCCHI-6 INGREDIENTS - NO ... - NO PLATE …
GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOM RAGU - JO COOKS
GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE 2021 EASY RECIPE TOP
POTATO GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE - DELALLO
GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY TRUFFLE MUSHROOM SAUCE
GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS & PUMPKIN CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE | VEGAN.IO
CREAMY MUSHROOM AND SPINACH GNOCCHI • SALT & LAVENDER
EASY MUSHROOM SPINACH GNOCCHI - RESTAURANT STYLE
SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI WITH CREAMY GARLIC MUSHROOM SAUCE
PORCINI GNOCCHI WITH BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE - COOKING LSL
POTATO GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOM RAGù RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
GNOCCHI RECIPES ALLRECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE - PLAIN.RECIPES
HAND-MADE GNOCCHI RECIPE WITH LEEK BUTTER SAUCE
MUSHROOM SAUCE WITH CRISPY GNOCCHI | AUSTRALIAN MUSHROOMS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #appetizers #main-dish #dinner-party #romantic #vegetarian #winter #dietary #seasonal #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood
You'll also love