GORDON RAMSAY SHEPHERD'S PIE
This flavorful Gordon Ramsay Shepherd's Pie is a fantastic, classic recipe that he has shared through multiple videos including his popular 'F Word' series! Savory layers of ground lamb meat and a 'secret ingredient' mashed potato topping combine to make this internationally loved comfort food! Get ready to put this meat and potato pie together for a tasty, hearty family dinner!
Provided by Angela
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Bring a large cast iron skillet, skillet, or frying pan to high heat with the olive oil.
- After the oil is hot, add in the ground lamb. Spread in an even layer and crisp one side, then turn and crisp the bottom side. Break apart the ground lamb after it is browned and crisped. Season the lamb with salt and pepper (use the first portion of salt & pepper, 1 teaspoon of each).
- Add in the onion, garlic, and carrot and cook for about 2-4 minutes till vegetables are soft.
- Pour in the Worcestershire sauce then the tomato puree and combine. Add in the red wine, thyme and rosemary and cook until most of the wine has evaporated off.
- Pour in the chicken stock and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then turn heat off and set aside.
- In a large stockpot cover peeled potatoes with water then boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Drain.
- Mash potatoes either with a fork or a ricer if you have one.
- Season with the remaining salt & pepper.
- Stir in the butter, egg yolks and stir very quickly then add the Parmesan cheese and combine well. (Optional - reserve a few tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese for topping the Shepherds pie)
- Spoon the lamb meat into a casserole dish and then top with the potato. Using a spatula run the potatoes completely over the mince filling in any holes. It should look like a smooth mound.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on the top and then using a fork drag along the top of the potatoes (this will give the potatoes a nice crunchy texture where they get raised by the fork).
- Place in your preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow 5-10 minutes to cool before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 773 kcal, Carbohydrate 43 g, Protein 35 g, Fat 48 g, SaturatedFat 21 g, Cholesterol 192 mg, Sodium 359 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
GORDON RAMSAY'S SHEPHERD'S PIE
I found this on a blog on the internet site I can do that. This is a recipe that author "Oggi" adapted from Gordon Ramsay's show "Kitchen Nightmares" where he tried to save the restaurant. This recipe ended up being the signature dish of the restaurant.
Provided by chefRD
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Prepare the mashed potatoes:.
- Place potatoes in a pot, add enough water to cover, add salt, cook for 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain potatoes and mash (I prefer using a ricer). Warm the cream and butter then add to the mashed potatoes. Season with salt, then beat with a wooden spoon or hand beater for 1 minute until fluffy. Do not overbeat or it might turn gummy.
- Prepare the filling:.
- Add 2 T grated Parmesan cheese. Cover, set aside, keep warm while preparing beef.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil, stir fry beef until no longer pink. Drain off excess grease. Add onion, garlic, and carrot and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, thyme and rosemary, cook for 1 minute. Add wine and simmer until wine has almost evaporated. Add the broth and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Transfer beef to a deep dish.
- Spoon mashed potato on top of beef. Sprinkle with 1 T grated Parmesan cheese. Fluff with a fork to create peaks.
- Bake in a 400° F oven for 20 minutes or broil until top is brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 734.1, Fat 31.1, SaturatedFat 13.9, Cholesterol 179.5, Sodium 2057.9, Carbohydrate 45.4, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 6.1, Protein 55.8
SHEPHERD'S PIE (GORDON RAMSAY)
I saw this on Kitchen Nightmares and had to find the recipe. I have added corn to this before just because it has been in our other recipes. All in all it is very good and is something that has been a hit in our family.
Provided by CamKayNic
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil until hot, add half the mince (ground lamb), season with pepper and fry until well browned. With a slotted spoon, remove the meat from the pan and place in a metal colander to allow the excess fat to drain. Repeat with the second batch of mince and place in the colander.
- Add the onion to the pan with the thyme and garlic and a knob of butter,and cook until soft and translucent. Add the meat and tomato purée, then sprinkle over the flour. Cook stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes to cook the flour.
- Add the red wine and Worcestershire sauce and cook until the liquid has reduced to half the original volume. Add the chicken stock, bring back to the boil, then simmer for 30-40 minutes. The mixture should be thick and glossy. Allow to cool, then check the seasoning.
- Mash the potato until creamy and smooth or pass through a Mouli or potato-ricer. Put into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Place the milk and butter into a small pan and heat until the butter is melted and the milk is about to boil. Pour over the potatoes and beat well, adding the egg yolks and seasoning with salt and white pepper.
- Put the mince into a large baking dish, then top with the creamed potato. Use a fork to rough up the top.
- Place in a preheated oven at 400°F for 30 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown in color.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 866.7, Fat 56.1, SaturatedFat 25.1, Cholesterol 205.4, Sodium 576.2, Carbohydrate 48.6, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 7.9, Protein 34.8
GORDON RAMSAY'S SHEPHERD'S PIE WITH CHEESE CHAMP TOPPING
- Preheat the oven to 350° F/ 180° C/Gas 4. Place a large, wide frying pan or hob-proof casserole dish over a medium-high heat. Add a dash of oil and fry the mince in batches, seasoning each lot, until well browned. Add the garlic for the last 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Put a little more oil in the same pan and cook the onion and leeks over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until completely softened. Add Worcestershire sauce to taste, then stir in the tomato purée.
- Return the mince to the pan and stir well. Pour in the wine, scraping up any bits from the bottom. Bubble for a couple of minutes to burn off the alcohol, then add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, then add the rosemary and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Cook gently for 10-15 minutes, until the sauce has reduced slightly and the flavours are well-combined. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping. Boil the potatoes until tender, then drain and mash until smooth. Mix in the butter and seasoning, then add the spring onions and three-quarters of the cheese and mix again. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. If the mash is too dry add a splash of milk to loosen.
- Put the lamb mixture into a 28 x 22cm baking dish and top with the mashed potato. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and little salt and pepper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potato is golden brown and the meat is bubbling underneath, and serve.
GORDON RAMSAYS SHEPHERD PIE
- Prep Work: * Dice the garlic * Separate your herbs from the stems * Separate your Egg Yolks * Peel and Slice your potatoes into even pieces * Open your wine if it's not already * Open your can of Tomato Paste Cooking the Potatoes: This part is easy as pie (no pun intended), just boil some water, throw some salt and your potatoes in, and set a timer for 15 minutes - start on your filling. Upon the timer going off, take your potatoes out and strain the water off. Put potatoes back into the pan, or into a medium mixing bowl. Mash the potatoes with their ingredients from above and keep warm (your filling should be about done by this point) Cooking the Filling: Pour Olive Oil into a hot, rather large pan, then add meat. Stir meat as if your life depends on it for a few minutes so it's nice and brown, and broken into very small pieces. Add your Rosemary, Thyme, and Garlic, then stir some more. Quickly add your Carrot, Onion, and frozen peas, stir a little longer. The idea at this point is to get everything to a minced consistency. Add Worcestershire Sauce, stir, add Tomato Puree, stir, add Red Wine and sweat down for a minute or two. Add chicken stock and cook for 3 more minutes. Final Instructions: Scoop your meat mixture into a deep casserole or other oven safe dish and then spoon the mash over the top. Spread the mash over the top of the mix with the bottom of the spoon and then sprinkle a generous portion of Parmesan cheese over the top. Poke the top with a fork several times to give it a peaked look and stick it in the oven at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes to brown the potatoes and set the pie. Serve it up and watch people melt!
GORDON RAMSAY SHEPHERDS PIE RECIPE - (5/5)
Provided by chelseausm
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Cooking the Potatoes: This part is easy as pie (no pun intended), just boil some water, throw some salt and your potatoes in, and set a timer for 15 minutes - start on your filling. Upon the timer going off, take your potatoes out and strain the water off. Put potatoes back into the pan, or into a medium mixing bowl. Mash the potatoes with their ingredients from above and keep warm (your filling should be about done by this point) Cooking the Filling: Pour Olive Oil into a hot, rather large pan, then add meat. Stir meat as if your life depends on it for a few minutes so it's nice and brown, and broken into very small pieces. Add your Rosemary, Thyme, and Garlic, then stir some more. Quickly add your Carrot, and Onion, stir a little longer. The idea at this point is to get everything to a minced consistency. Add Worcestershire Sauce, stir, add Tomato Puree, stir, add Red Wine and sweat down for a minute or two. Add chicken stock and cook for 3 more minutes. I made mine without the stock because I didn't notice it the first time I watched the show. You can add it, or leave it out. Final Instructions: Scoop your meat mixture into a deep casserole or other oven safe dish and then spoon the mash over the top. Spread the mash over the top of the mix with the bottom of the spoon and then sprinkle a generous portion of Parmesan cheese over the top. Poke the top with a fork several times to give it a peaked look and stick it in the oven at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes to brown the potatoes and set the pie. Serve it up and watch people melt! Oh I love Shepherd Pie!
More about "gordon ramsays shepherd pie recipes"
GORDON RAMSAY SHEPHERD’S PIE RECIPE
THE BEST SHEPHERDS PIE - GORDON RAMSEY'S VERSION - YOUTUBE
THE 'AMERICAN-IRISH SHEPHERD'S PIE' SO RANK IT MADE GORDON …
GORDON RAMSAY MAKES SHEPHERD’S PIE WITH HIS MOTHER - THE …
GORDON RAMSAY'S SHEPHERD'S PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
GORDON RAMSAY SHEPHERDS PIE RECIPE
GORDON RAMSAY S SHEPHERD PIE | RECIPE CART
AMAZING GORDON RAMSAY SHEPHERD’S PIE RECIPE [SO YUMMY!]
GORDON RAMSAY'S SHEPHERD'S PIE - LIFE AT CLOVERHILL
GORDON RAMSAY'S SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE [6KLZP1W5JVNG]
GORDON RAMSAY S SHEPHERD PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SHEPHERD'S PIE GORDON RAMSAY STYLE - DAD WITH A PAN
SHEPHERD'S PIE (GORDON RAMSAY) - EUROPEAN RECIPES
SHEPHERD'S PIE - GORDON RAMSAY - RECIPE FLOW
GORDON RAMSAY'S SHEPHERDS PIE - COOKING VIDEOS | GROKKER
HOW TO COOK GORDON RAMSAY'S AMAZING ENGLISH SHEPHERD PIE
GORDON RAMSAY'S RECIPES | GORDON RAMSAY
THAT TIME AN 'AMERICAN-IRISH SHEPHERD'S PIE' MADE GORDON …
CLASSIC SHEPHERD'S PIE | GORDON RAMSAY - YOUTUBE
SHEPHERDS PIE GORDON RAMSAY RECIPE RECIPES
GORDON RAMSAY MAKES SHEPHERD'S PIE WITH HIS MOTHER | GORDON …
GORDON RAMSAY S SHEPHERD PIE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
GORDON RAMSAY’S SHEPHERD’S PIE WITH CHAMP TOPPING
GORDON RAMSAY SHEPHERD PIE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
GORDON RAMSAY'S SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - MASHED.COM
SHEPHERDS PIE RECIPE GORDON RAMSAY - THERESCIPES.INFO
GORDON RAMSAY'S CLASSIC SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - THEFOODXP
GORDON RAMSAY S SHEPHERD PIE | RECIPE | GORDON RAMSEY …
CLASSIC SHEPHERD'S PIE | GORDON RAMSAY
GORDON RAMSAY SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE FROM WWW.THETIMES.CO.UK
GORDON RAMSAY’S SHEPHERD'S PIE - COAST
DISCOVER GORDONRAMSAY SHEPHERDS PIE 'S POPULAR VIDEOS | TIKTOK
GORDON RAMSAY MAKES SHEPHERD’S PIE WITH HIS MOTHER - COOKING …
GORDON RAMSAY PIE CRUST RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
GORDON RAMSEY'S SHEPHERD'S PIE - BIGOVEN
GORDON RAMSAY'S SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE
GORDON RAMSEY SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - A COUPLE FOR THE ROAD
You'll also love