GREEK CABBAGE SALAD - LAHANOSALATA (VINEGAR COLESLAW)
A healthy, Greek-style coleslaw salad that's left to marinate for 1 hour. This way you get the BEST dressing ever!
Provided by [email protected]
Categories Appetizer Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Finely shred the cabbage and place in a bowl. Cut off the tips of the carrot. Peel and discard its outer skin and grate it using a box grater. Place in the bowl.
- Cut off the stem and bottom of the tomato and cut in half. Then cut each half into thin slices. Place in the bowl as well.
- Cut the onion and bell pepper into thin slices as well and place in the bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Add the dried oregano and season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar all over, and then mix the salad very well for 1-2 minutes with your hands. Rub and massage the cabbage to soften it and help the flavors blend together.
- Let the salad sit in the fridge for about 1 hour to marinade, before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 684 kcal, Carbohydrate 42 g, Protein 8 g, Fat 57 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 123 mg, Fiber 16 g, Sugar 22 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CLASSIC GREEK SALAD
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Yield 2 servings for lunch or 4 as a side
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine the vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl and whisk together. Add the oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly.
- Combine the lettuce, onion, bell pepper, tomato, cucumber, olives and feta in a large salad bowl. Pour the dressing over and toss until all of the ingredients are well coated. Taste and adjust the seasonings, adding more salt or lemon juice as desired.
GREEK VEGETABLE SALAD
From Rena Kilaniotou of Belleville, New Jersey, this salad is great to serve right away or let the flavors blend overnight for added taste. Either way, these crunchy veggies with an easy homemade dressing are delicious!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a serving bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, green pepper, onions, olives and feta cheese. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259 calories, Fat 23g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 885mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
LAHANOSALATA (GREEK CABBAGE SALAD)
Simplicity at its best, this cabbage salad is a mainstay in Greek homes, especially in winter. The crunchy shredded cabbage takes center stage and I prefer to mix in some carrot, too, though this is optional.
Provided by Diana Moutsopoulos
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine cabbage, carrots, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl; toss well. Serve straightaway or chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 105.3 calories, Carbohydrate 6 g, Fat 9.1 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 25.6 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
GREEK CABBAGE SALAD
Cabbage slaw with a yogurt sauce flavored with dill, garlic and mustard. Toasted pinenuts would be the perfect garnish.
Provided by Lorac
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine the cabbage, carrot, dill and garlic in a serving bowl.
- In a small jar, shake the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, yogurt and salt together and pour over the salad.
- Sprinkle with paprika and refrigerate until serving time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155.3, Fat 11.2, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 2.6, Sodium 94, Carbohydrate 12.8, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 7.2, Protein 3.3
LAHANOSALATA (GREEK CABBAGE SLAW / SALAD)
This is a very fresh-tasting cabbage salad - very unlike the slaws you're probably used to. Comes together in no time at all (especially if you use one of those bags of slaw mixes).
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Core the cabbage and shred as for making traditional coleslaw.
- Put the cabbage and carrot in a large bowl. Toss well.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic (if using).
- Add salt to taste.
- Just prior to serving, pour over the salad and toss to coat.
- Adjust seasonings and olive oil or lemon juice as needed.
- Note: This is really lovely served with a generous hunk of feta cheese - either crumbled in, or served alongside so you can nibble on pieces of creamy cheese between bites of crispy salad.
More about "greek cabbage salad recipes"
GREEK CABBAGE SALAD – KALYN'S KITCHEN
4.9/5 (8)Total Time 20 minsCategory SaladsCalories 150 per serving
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Greek Seasoning, and dried thyme (if you don't have fresh thyme) to make the dressing.
- Measure out 1 cup of sliced Greek Peperoncini (affiliate link; use less if you're not a fan of spicy flavors).
- Wash fresh thyme in a salad spinner (affiliate link) if needed, then pull leaves off the stems and coarsely chop to get about 1 tablespoon of chopped thyme leaves.
GREEK CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE (LAHANOSALATA)
- Transfer the ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl and whisk with a fork until homogenized. You can also trasnfer it to jar, close the lid and shake very well.
- Add the dressing on top of the salad and mix well to combine. Taste and adjust according to your liking. Eat!
GREEK SALAD | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN CABBAGE SALAD (POLITIKI) - 30 DAYS …
RECIPE FOR GREEK STYLE CABBAGE SALAD
GREEK CABBAGE SALAD WITH CARROTS AND OLIVES (POLITIKI …
THE REAL DEAL GREEK SALAD RECIPE (TRADITIONAL)| THE …
SUPER FOOD CABBAGE SALAD - GREEK RECIPES - DIANE KOCHILAS
GREEK CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
POLíTIKI SALATA – GREEK COLESLAW - EAT YOURSELF GREEK
GREEK CABBAGE SALAD (LAHANOSALATA) - GREEK RECIPES
GREEK RED CABBAGE SALAD — SIMPLY BALANCED YOU
GREEN GODDESS SALAD RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
DAIRY-FREE GREEK CABBAGE SALAD (VINEGAR COLESLAW) - MEGAN SOPHIE
GREEK SALAD WITH CABBAGE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
GREEK-STYLE FALL CABBAGE SALAD: LAHANOSALATA - YOUTUBE
GREEK CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BEST GREEK SALAD - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
LAHANOSALATA / CABBAGE SALAD | THE GREEK VEGAN
MARINATED CABBAGE AND CARROT SALAD - REAL GREEK RECIPES
10 BEST GREEK CABBAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CLASSIC CABBAGE AND CARROT GREEK SALAD - OLIVE TOMATO
GREEK SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GREEK CABBAGE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
GREEN GODDESS SALAD | VIRAL TIKTOK RECIPE
GREEK NAPA CABBAGE SALAD - EDIBLE SHASTA BUTTE
CABBAGE SALAD (LAHANOSALATA) - GREEK KETO
GREEK CABBAGE SALAD -POLITIKI | AKIS PETRETZIKIS
10 BEST GREEK CABBAGE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CABBAGE AND CARROT SALAD — GREEK-RECIPE-COM
LAHANOSALATA (GREEK CABBAGE SALAD) RECIPE - HUNGRY & FUSSY
GREEK CABBAGE SALAD | PUNCHFORK
GREEK CABBAGE SALAD – PRIMAL WELLNESS
10 BEST GREEK CABBAGE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
GREEK FALL CABBAGE SALAD - DIMITRAS DISHES
GREEK STYLE COLE SLAW - RECIPE GIRL
GREEK CABBAGE SALAD - A REFRESHING SALAD WITH A TASTE OF
GREEK RED CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE – THE BEST FREE COOKING RECIPES
GREEK CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
GREEK CHICKPEA SALAD - FOODIECRUSH.COM
TRADITIONAL GREEK SALAD RECIPE (HORIATIKI / XORIATIKI)
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #low-protein #salads #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #vegetables #greek #easy #european #no-cook #potluck #dinner-party #kid-friendly #picnic #vegetarian #food-processor-blender #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #comfort-food #low-carb #inexpensive #healthy-2 #low-in-something #taste-mood #to-go #equipment #small-appliance #3-steps-or-less #technique
You'll also love