GREEK ORZO AND GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD WITH MUSTARD-DILL VINAIGRETTE
- Combine orzo, cucumber, green onions, and tomatoes in a large bowl. Place dill, vinegar, and mustard in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil and blend until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the vinaigrette over the orzo mixture and stir well to combine. Gently fold in the feta cheese.
- Heat grill to high. Brush shrimp with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for approximately 2 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Divide orzo salad among 4 take-out containers or plates and top with 4 shrimp. Garnish with additional dill.
GREEK ORZO SALAD WITH SHRIMP
This main dish Greek orzo salad is zinging with flavor and has all the Greek flavors you love: kalamata olives, tomatoes, feta, lemon, fresh mint, parsley, and more.
Provided by Rachel Gurk
Categories Main Dish
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine dressing ingredients: lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, combine shrimp and 2 tablespoons of dressing. Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp with marinade to pan and sauté three minutes, flipping halfway, until shrimp is opaque and curled. Remove from pan and set aside to cool. Chop shrimp roughly (or cut in half).
- Drain orzo, rinse with cold water, and drain thoroughly. Transfer to a very large bowl, add remaining dressing, and stir to combine. Add cucumber, onion, tomatoes, olives, feta, parsley, and mint leaves; toss to combine. Add shrimp and toss.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Salad can be refrigerated for up to three days.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 cup, Calories 436 kcal, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 21 g, Fat 18 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Sodium 755 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 13 g
ORZO SALAD WITH SHRIMP AND FETA
Broiled shrimp mixed with lemon, scallions, fresh herbs, crunchy cucumber, salty feta and olives makes this an elegant pasta salad. Serve it as a hearty side dish or easy main course.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the broiler. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (about 2 minutes less than the label directs). Drain and rinse under cool water; shake off the excess. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside, stirring occasionally to prevent clumping, while you make the shrimp.
- Toss the shrimp on a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil, the garlic, and salt and pepper to taste; arrange in a single layer. Broil the shrimp, turning once, until opaque and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, lemon zest and juice, scallions, mint, dill, cucumber, feta, olives and the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil to the bowl with the pasta; toss. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 6 hours. (Bring to room temperature before serving.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 522 calorie, Fat 28 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Cholesterol 97 milligrams, Sodium 830 milligrams, Carbohydrate 48 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 20 grams, Sugar 4 grams
GREEK ORZO AND SHRIMP SALAD
- Cook orzo in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain well. Transfer to large bowl. Add green onions, feta cheese, chopped dill, lemon juice and oil; mix well. Cook shrimp in large pot of boiling salted water until pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain well. Mix into salad. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Mix cucumber pieces and 3/4 of cherry tomatoes into salad. Transfer to clean large bowl. Arrange cucumber slices and remaining cherry tomato halves around edge of bowl. Garnish salad with dill sprigs and serve.
SHRIMP AND ORZO SALAD
There are so many shapes of pasta out there. One of my favorites is orzo: rice-shaped pasta. I do not see it used as often as its more popular relatives like spaghetti, penne, linguine et al, which is a shame. I love the fact that orzo can be treated like rice and used to make tomato-based (jollof) or stir-fried dishes. It can be creamy like a risotto or made like rice and served with a stew or sauce. Here I use it to make a cold salad with shrimp and sweet cherry tomatoes. Use a lot of garden-fresh herbs to elevate this salad and feel free to add more vegetables if you want.
Provided by Uzo Orimalade
Categories Salad Seafood Salad Recipes Shrimp Salad Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add shrimp and seasoning; cook until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and meat is opaque, about 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the water and set aside in a bowl.
- Pour orzo into the seasoned water and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Drain and add to the bowl with shrimp. Store in the refrigerator to cool.
- Combine mayonnaise, dill, parsley, basil, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and white pepper together in a bowl. Mix well. Taste and adjust if needed.
- Remove shrimp and orzo from the refrigerator. Add cherry tomatoes and dressing; stir well. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.4 calories, Carbohydrate 21.5 g, Cholesterol 96.9 mg, Fat 3.9 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 14.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 876.6 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
GREEK SHRIMP ORZO
This is one of our favorites. It's delicious, satisfying and reheats well. My husband would rather have "the orzo dish" than go out to eat. Serve it with crusty bread and salad. —Molly Seidel, Edgewood, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook orzo according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add basil and 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat and set aside., In a large skillet, saute shallot in butter and remaining oil until tender. Add the diced tomatoes, oregano and garlic; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add shrimp and sun-dried tomatoes; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes., Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the orzo mixture, cheese and olives. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 673 calories, Fat 32g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 127mg cholesterol, Sodium 1262mg sodium, Carbohydrate 63g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 31g protein.
GREEK ORZO SALAD WITH GRILLED SHRIMP
Make and share this Greek Orzo Salad With Grilled Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
Provided by startnover
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine the orzo, cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions in a large serving bowl.
- In a blender place, vinegar, basil, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon Mustard, and salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Slowly add oil and blend till emulsified.
- Pour vinaigrette over pasta and fold lightly to coat.
- Carefully fold in cheese.
- Set in fridge.
- Heat grill to high.
- Brush shrimp with olive oil and a little lemon.
- Grill two minutes per side or just till cooked through.
- Divide salad into 4 and divide shrimp over the tops.
- Prep time doesn't include time to cook pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 937.3, Fat 39.5, SaturatedFat 15.9, Cholesterol 247.5, Sodium 1292.3, Carbohydrate 97.7, Fiber 5.8, Sugar 7.5, Protein 47.4
MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP ORZO SALAD
This pretty crowd-pleaser always stands out on the buffet table. With plenty of shrimp, artichoke hearts, olives, peppers and a host of herbs, it's a tasty change of pace from pasta salads. I serve it with a from-scratch vinaigrette. -Ginger Johnson, Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well., In a large bowl, combine orzo, shrimp, vegetables, olives and herbs. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397 calories, Fat 12g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 65mg cholesterol, Sodium 574mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
GREEK ORZO AND GRILLED SHRIMP SALAD WITH MUSTARD-DILL VINAIGRETT
Make and share this Greek Orzo and Grilled Shrimp Salad With Mustard-Dill Vinaigrett recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Darrinw2001
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine orzo, cucumber, green onions, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Place dill, vinegar, and mustard in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil and blend until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the orzo mixture and stir well to combine. Gently fold in the feta cheese.
- Heat grill to high. Brush shrimp with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for approximately 2 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
- Divide orzo salad among 4 take-out containers or plates and top with 4 shrimp. Garnish with additional dill.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 844.6, Fat 47.6, SaturatedFat 16.9, Cholesterol 112.4, Sodium 1128.8, Carbohydrate 75.5, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 6.8, Protein 29.9
GREEK ORZO SALAD
A delicious, colorful salad, with artichoke hearts and feta. I receive a lot of requests for this one.
Provided by Patrice
Categories Salad 100+ Pasta Salad Recipes Vegetarian Pasta Salad Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving liquid.
- In large bowl combine pasta, artichoke hearts, tomato, cucumber, onion, feta, olives, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and lemon pepper. Toss and chill for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Just before serving, drizzle reserved artichoke marinade over salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.8 calories, Carbohydrate 48.7 g, Cholesterol 22.3 mg, Fat 10.2 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 13.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 615.2 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
More about "greek orzo and shrimp salad recipes"
SHRIMP-AND-ORZO SALAD WITH GREEK FLAVORS RECIPE - FOOD …
4/5 Servings 4
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the orzo until almost done, about 10 minutes. Add the shrimp to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until both the shrimp and orzo are done, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Drain thoroughly.
- In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, and oregano; add the oil slowly, whisking.
- Add the orzo and shrimp, the scallions, olives, and feta to the dressing and toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SHRIMP ORZO SALAD WITH HERB VINAIGRETTE - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP & ORZO SALAD - HEART HEALTHY GREEK
ORZO SALAD WITH SHRIMP, FETA, AND OLIVES | HEALTHY DELICIOUS
GREEK ORZO SALAD WITH SHRIMP AND CHERRY TOMATOES RECIPE BY …
GREEK SHRIMP & ORZO SALAD - LCBO
GREEK ORZO SALAD WITH GRILLED SPOT SHRIMP
EASY GREEK ORZO SALAD RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
GREEK ORZO PASTA SALAD WITH GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPE
GREEK STYLE SHRIMP AND ORZO SALAD (READY IN 30 MINS)
SHRIMP-AND-ORZO SALAD WITH GREEK FLAVORS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COLD ORZO SALAD WITH FETA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
GREEK STYLE SHRIMP AND ORZO RECIPE - AN OREGON COTTAGE
GREEK SHRIMP AND ORZO SALAD - HENS IN THE KITCHEN
GREEK ORZO SALAD - FOOD RECIPES
GREEK ORZO AND SHRIMP SALAD - BIGOVEN
GREEK SHRIMP SKEWERS WITH ORZO SALAD - NOURISH AND FETE
GREEK SHRIMP & ORZO SALAD MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
RECIPE OF THE DAY: GREEK SHRIMP AND ORZO SALAD WITH CHERRY …
GREEK ORZO (KRITHARAKI) WITH SHRIMP AND FETA - OLIVE TOMATO
RECIPES FOR ORZO DISHES - THERESCIPES.INFO
GREEK SHRIMP & ORZO SALAD - BIG GREEN EGG
INA GARTEN ORZO SALAD WITH FETA - CHEFS & RECIPES
SHRIMP WITH ORZO PASTA - VICKI'S GREEK RECIPES
GREEK ORZO SALAD WITH SHRIMP & FETA - FANNETASTIC FOOD
GREEK ORZO SALAD WITH FETA - COOKING CLASSY
GREEK ORZO SALAD - BAKER BY NATURE
GREEK ORZO SALAD WITH SHRIMP - GABRIELLAQUILLE.COM
30 EASY ORZO RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
GREEK STYLE GRILLED SHRIMP ORZO PASTA SALAD | OLIVE & MANGO
HEALTHY & DELICIOUS: GREEK ORZO SALAD RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
GREEK ORZO SALAD WITH SHRIMP AND CHERRY TOMATOES
2022-06-05 GREEK CHICKEN MEATBALLS AND ORZO 12 SERVINGS| ELSIE …
SHRIMP-AND-ORZO SALAD WITH GREEK FLAVORS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
GREEK ORZO SALAD - THE HEALTHFUL IDEAS
BLUE ZONE EATING: ROASTED SHRIMP, FETA & ORZO GREEK SALAD WITH …
BEST MEDITERRANEAN ORZO WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
GREEK SHRIMP AND ORZO SALAD WITH LEMON DIJON VINAIGRETTE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love