GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE
You're only THREE ingredients and 5 minutes away from this delicious vinaigrette that is packed with vegetables and flavor!
Provided by Audra's Appetite
Categories Condiment, Salad Dressing
Yield about 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Makes about 1 cup dressing. Shake if ingredients separate after time in fridge.
- Due to the fresh green onions, this dressing is best used within 2-3 day.
- Delicious on salads, as a dip, on grilled chicken, etc!
GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE
This Green Onion Vinaigrette is ridiculously easy to make and super delicious! Its tangy, zippy and slightly sweet taste is perfect to dress all your favorite salads.
Provided by Oriana Romero
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Chop the green onion, separate the white parts for the green tops.
- Blend, in a blender or small food processor, the white parts of the green onions, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, coriander, salt and black pepper until smooth and well combined.
- Once it's mixed, taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary. You can add more salt, pepper or honey.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for future use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188 kcal, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 18 g, Sugar 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SWEET POTATO HASH BROWNS WITH GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE
- For the vinaigrette: Combine the onions, vinegar, mustard and a few tablespoons of cold water in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil and continue to blend until emulsified. Add the honey and some salt and pepper and pulse a few more times to combine.
- For the hash browns: Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and a pinch of sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown and caramelized, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the onions are caramelizing, put potatoes in a medium pot of cold, salted water. Bring the water to a boil and cook until nearly tender but a knife inserted into the centers still meets a little resistance, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain through a colander and then drain on paper towels.
- Heat the remaining butter and oil on a cast-iron griddle or in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and cook, pressing firmly with a spatula, until the underside is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the caramelized onions and a drizzle of the green onion vinaigrette and toss to coat. Transfer the hash to a platter and drizzle with the remaining green onion vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271 calorie, Fat 21 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Cholesterol 7 milligrams, Sodium 341 milligrams, Carbohydrate 21 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 6 grams
GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE
- Blend the vinegar, water, onion, cilantro, honey, salt and pepper, to taste, in a blender until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil and blend until emulsified.
BULGUR SALAD WITH GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE
- Place bulgur in a large bowl, pour 3 cups boiling water over, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well, squeezing out as much water as possible, if needed. Return the cooked bulgur to the bowl and mix in the onion, tomatoes, parsley, mint, and 4 sliced green onions. Place the lime juice, honey, serrano, and 1/2 cup chopped green onion in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified. If the mixture appears too thick, blend in a few tablespoons of cold water, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the salad to a platter and drizzle with the green onion vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260 calorie, Fat 19 grams, SaturatedFat 1.5 grams, Cholesterol 0 milligrams, Sodium 337 milligrams, Carbohydrate 22 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 5 grams
ONION VINAIGRETTE SALAD
"The recipe for this pretty salad dressing was given to me a long time ago by my sister-in-law," comments Harriet Stichter of Milford, Indiana. "We like the mixture's onion flavor so much we keep some in our refrigerator year-round."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 cups dressing.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first eight ingredients; shake well. In a salad bowl, combine greens and vegetables. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Store any leftover dressing in a refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 177mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
SPRING ONION VINAIGRETTE
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
BULGUR SALAD WITH GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE
This is from Bobby Flay, from the episode of Middle Eastern Grilling. This sounds like a different, refreshing salad. I will probably use any honey I have on hand. Posted for ZWT 2010.
Provided by Scoutie
Categories Southwest Asia (middle East)
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place bulgur in a large bowl, pour 3 cups boiling water over, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain well, squeezing out as much water as possible, if needed.
- Return the cooked bulgur to the bowl and mix in the onion, tomatoes, parsley, mint, and 4 sliced green onions.
- Place the lime juice, honey, serrano, and 1/2 cup chopped green onion in a blender and blend until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified. If the mixture appears too thick, blend in a few tablespoons of cold water, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the salad to a platter and drizzle with the green onion vinaigrette.
GREEN BEANS WITH SWEET ONION VINAIGRETTE
- Stir together onion, vinegar, mustard, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Marinate about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook beans in a large pot of well-salted boiling water, uncovered, until just tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a large ice bath to stop cooking. Drain and pat dry.
- Whisk oil and parsley into onion mixture, then toss with beans.
- What to drink:
- Artezin Mendocino Zinfandel '07 or Château de Chamirey Mercurey Rouge '07
CLEAN GREEN VINAIGRETTE
- Place oil, vinegar, dill, chives, shallot, sugar, salt, and pepper in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake well to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129.7 calories, Carbohydrate 2.5 g, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 148 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
More about "green onion vinaigrette recipes"
STUFFED BROOK TROUT WITH GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE | METRO
GREEN BEANS WITH CARAMELIZED ONION VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE - RECIPES - PAGE 9 | COOKS.COM
CHARRED ASPARAGUS AND GREEN ONION WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE
GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE - CONNECTING ALBERT COUNTY
BASIC VINAIGRETTE FOR GREEN SALADS RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE – CHEF ELLE GREEN & CO.
20 GREEN ONION RECIPES TO USE UP A BUNCH - A COUPLE …
32 GREEN ONION RECIPES YOU'LL WANT TO MAKE TODAY
GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE DRESSING - COOKEATSHARE
GREEN ONION AND GINGER VINAIGRETTE - FOOD FIDELITY
GREEN BEANS WITH SMOKEY BACON VINAIGRETTE BEST RECIPES
GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE | RECIPE | GREEN ONIONS, VINAIGRETTE, ONION
SWEET ONION DIJON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE RECIPES
GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE | CANADIAN LIVING
GREEN BEANS WITH ROASTED-ONION VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BACON AND GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE - ANNA VOLOSHYNA
PIERRE FRANEY - RECIPES - GREEN BEANS AND RED ONION VINAIGRETTE
GREEN ONION DRESSING - COPYKAT RECIPES
YUKON GOLD AND GREEN ONION POTATO SALAD WITH BACON VINAIGRETTE
GREEN ONION AND BASIL VINAIGRETTE — Y DELICACIES
GREEN BEANS WITH SWEET ONION VINAIGRETTE RECIPES
GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE | RECIPE | GREEN ONIONS RECIPES, ONION ...
GOOD GREEN SALAD WITH FRIED-ONION VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
SWEET ONION VINAIGRETTE SALAD DRESSING BEST RECIPES
GRILLED GREEN ONIONS WITH ORANGE VINAIGRETTE | CANADIAN LIVING
GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE - RECIPES - PAGE 4 | COOKS.COM
SHAVED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE
SIMPLE GREEN SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE | MINIMALIST BAKER …
GREEN BEANS WITH CARAMELIZED ONION VINAIGRETTE RECIPE ... RECIPE
10 BEST SWEET ONION DIJON VINAIGRETTE RECIPES | YUMMLY
GREEN BEANS WITH CARAMELIZED ONION VINAIGRETTE .. RECIPE
GREEN ONION VINAIGRETTE | RECIPE | VINAIGRETTE RECIPES, GREEN …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make green onion and garlic vinaigrette?Green Onion Vinaigrette: Blanch the scallions for 30 seconds in a large pot of boiling salted water over high heat. Drain and shock in cold water. Combine the scallions, onion, garlic, and vinegar in a blender and process until pureed. With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified.
What is the best way to make a green onion salad?Blend, in a blender or small food processor, the white parts of the green onions, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, coriander, salt and black pepper until smooth and well combined. Once it’s mixed, taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary. You can add more salt, pepper or honey. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for future use.
What does green onion vinaigrette taste like?This Green Onion Vinaigrette is ridiculously easy to make and super delicious! Its tangy, zippy and slightly sweet taste is perfect to dress all your favorite salads. Using a fresh homemade vinaigrette will take your salad to the next level! Not only you’ll enjoy a more nutritious and flavorful salad, but it will also help you to save a few bucks.
How long do you cook onions in olive oil?Heat 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil and 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high. Add 2 large onions, thinly sliced; season with kosher salt. Cook, stirring often, until onions are softened and brown around the edges, 10–14 minutes.